Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As you approach the pavillion you can hear a few voices still raised in arguement until suddenly there is a loud 'thunk' noise, like something large and soft striking the truck of a solid oak, the tent itself shaking, making the silk pannels shudder.

    Upon entering you notice all the gathered Rulers of the Realms, sitting around their table, turned, gazing in shocked amazement at the black clad Elf, Lian'Tahlruamy, his face contorted in unbridled rage, holding the Steward of Saltmist aloft against one of the center poles of the pavillion by the throat, ignoring the Human nobles vain attempts to pry his fingers free, "The decision has been made Belkinstair, I'll hear no more arguement from you or I'll personally make sure that you're sent to the front where the fighting is heaviest to lead the charge armed with nothing but a mop handle and breechcloth, riding upon the most splayed mule I can find. Now close your mouth and stand back over there where you belong or you'll wish you had." Dropping the now purple faced lord to the ground, Tahlruamy turns back to the table, making a small bow to the seated Kings and Queens, "Please forgive that slight outburst your Highnesses, but I felt it was needed."
    As Belkenstair of Saltmist scrabbles back to his position along the side of the tent.
    Looking up, the elf see's you, "Finally, you certainly took your time." He says, moving back to stand behind the Elven High King.

    The Kings and Queens, taking a moment to regain themselves as they turn to face you, the other Lords and Ladies gathered around the edges of the meeting area still looking shocked, some with fear planning on their faces.
    The old Queen standing, beconing you closer, "Pray, forgive the good Lian. His methods maybe blunt, but the stresses of this war weigh heavily upon him. Now, I'm sure you all must be wondering what all this has been about."
    Standing beside her, a Dwarf of great girth with a snow white beard down to mid shins takes up the explanation, "As 'er Majesty 'as put it so nicely, tha reason you've been gathered is to take tha fight to tha bloody Devil Wizard and 'is followers." As he sits down, a regal, though slightly frail looking Halfling woman stands up upon her seat, "So far, as you know, all we have been able to do is hold Altaranis and his forces to an unsteady standstill. It is hoped that a few will succeed where whole armies have failed."
    "We need ya's to get in behind the Covenants lines, find weaknesses, free those who have been enslaved and generally cause as much discord for them as you can." Says a bald Gnome in sky blue robes, a cheery smile on his lips as he speaks.
    Leaning over the table, one of the Human Kings unrolls a map, looking up at the Elven lord behind his High King, "Tahlruamy, if you'd please."
    The elf takes up a long thin pointer from the table, placing the tip on a spot along the southern lines, "This is where we have decided to try and slip you through. The land of this area is all hills and trees. The Dwarves of Ironstand have been ordered to make a push here," moving the pointer alittle to the north, "In the hopes of drawing the bulk of the Hand's mens to the defense, leaving the line with only spotty defense. It is through one of these gaps that you are to get through and with all luck, into the forests of the Blossemwood where there are still a few who hold out." placing the pointer down again he crosses his arms across his chest, "Any questions?"

    Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the elven lord is chastising Belkenstair, you notice that Lord Fernard is quite obviously ignoring what is happening, turned to face the front of the pavillion so as not to see what is happening, although there is a slight smile upon his lips.

    Also, you're pretty sure Verossa is making up the exisistance of the Dire Hummingbird, but you still keep checking the sky, just incase.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Map showing places Lian'Tahlruamy indicated.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-16 at 08:40 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((Chinese internet is being Chinese and not displaying images. Again))

    "We regret our tardyness. I have no excuse." she bows. "Technically, I've been behind the Covenanter lines a few times. Wasn't much there but snow and death, and I wasn't inclined to linger." She shrugs. Verossa Carmine. Sad girl in snow.

    "Still, it's a worthy try. The wretches stuck behind the curtain need help and hope. Although it bothers me we don't appear to have anyone skilled in forest work. My training was in the marines, before I came to the continent. I vaguely know a tree is brown and difficult to walk through. Still, the Forest of Arden gambit seems sound. It will be done." She snaps to full attention.

    "I've no desire to face starvation again. We can't bring pack-beasts into this, but I could carry a few more pounds of rations." Make that just a few pounds. She turns to the others. "We travel light, and every pound that doesn't slow us down we bring travel rations. They taste better than Gnome at any rate. Favour of the Gods, we might find somebody in the forest who knows enough to keep us fed."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-15 at 09:56 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Unfased by the outburst from the elf, Drayner does a brief bow.

    "Apoligies are due, please forgive us for our tardiness, don't worry, we will save as many as we can." After giving a look over the map Drayner stands up straight again "Do you have a method to relay any weakness to you? or will we report it to you when we get back?"

    Afterwards Drayner stays silent, poring over the map, attempting to commit the locations to memory. (But still listening)

    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed intelligence Roll (1d20+1)[2] or if I have time, just going to take 10.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-15 at 09:43 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((AND images are suddenly working))

    "Back that way again. Well, it's a few days hustle to reach the Blossemwood--is that the right way to say it?--after breaching their front. The country in between doesn't give us a lot of cover. I'm starting to regret not knowing my way around a horse, but they're not very seaworthy in a crosswind."

    She pushes her hair back from her forehead. "It is commanded. It is needful. It is wise. It will be done."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Oh yes, we're very sorry for--" Halabur begins and is driven to silence by Verossa's comment about the taste of Gnome.

    He tugs at her sleeve with an expression of horror on his face, he stammers for a second but cannot seems to find the words to form his question.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa looks at the Illusionist with mild interest.

    ((Especially since she doesn't appear to have sleeves))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-15 at 11:25 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I nod gently, watching and listening to each of them in turn. I feel my mind start slipping away from my oratory heroism deep into a military commanders steel gaze.

    Yes, we'll need to pack plenty of supplies...if we are hitting behind the Devil Wizard's lines, we could try to strike at cities as a covert unit...sneaking food out of their cities, crippling their armies, and beginning to plant spy networks and connections. We won't need to worry heavily about resources if we will be striking into towns. I feel like we will need magical cloaks, and lies to keep us hidden, and occasionally spark small rebellions, and once again, continue to reinforce networks of the like minded who side with us.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight brightens. Freeing slaves? I'm an expert at freeing slaves. his eyes sharpen But you don't really wish for me to free them do you? These peoples who were once your subjects and are now free of you? Oh, slaves to be sure, but not yours'. Well either way, it will be done'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained knowledge Geography Check (1d20+2)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa decides that whatever Halabur's going to say, it can wait if he can."I hate to ask this, because it makes me look remiss, but do you think if we pooled our gold we could afford a bag of holding and some food and medical supplies to go in it? I can normally carry enough gear myself for normal campaigning, but this will not be normal. I regret I only have about a couple of hundred left, having foolishly squandered my assets on this stunning ensemble." She gives her outfit a waist-to-shoulder swish.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-16 at 04:35 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    OOC: Oh, no sleeves... Sorry, I should've checked the picture on the character sheet.

    IC: Halabur stutters for a second and says I, my dear lady, may be inclined to share my gold once you explain how you've become a connoisseur on 'Gnomish cooking'; to say it politely."

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Draynar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately for some reason you just can't seem to concentraite on the map. Something seems to keep nagging you in the back of your mind. You feel a prickling start to rise on the back of your neck.


    Raif
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can roughly locate where the town where you were held as a slave is, you realise how far it is from where you will be going but no other information about the area comes to mind.


    ((I'll post Tahlruamy's responses when I'm actually able to access a proper computer))
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-16 at 08:31 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'I have over a thousand of the golden lies in my money pouch. I could also carry a few days rations to cheat hunger, as I'm used to being a beast of burden. However, it might be so much easier to get a truer beast of burden-or some kind of pack animal, failing that. If we really wish for a bag of holding there's a much less deceitful way than 'telling' gold 'lies''.

    Clearsight looks at the gathering.

    'Lords, ladies, we require a bag that cheats space. Either that, or Lord Belkinstair to carry our stuff. It would be the most perfectest disguise - Lord Belkinstair carrying someone else's things - who could suspect it was really him? Without one or the other, I fear the cult will prevail, evil will triumph, the sun will burn out in the sky, and the seas swallow the land. Also, tax revenue may be down'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-07-16 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Misplaced Apostrophe
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "A bag of holding would be useful, I'm willing to pitch in" As he takes out his coin-purse, he looks around seemingly looking for something, while scratching the back of his neck. "I'm willing to donate, 400gp for the group bag."

    Malak'ai
    Spoiler
    Show

    Using detect magic while looking around
    and if necessary hide or bluff to disguise the shivers I would get from the prickling. (1d20)[16] +9 if bluff, +3 if hide
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elven lord starts to smile a little as you rattle off all your questions, nodding, I knew I had made the right choice when I urged for this lot. Though his eyes do widen a little at the Varossa woman's comment about the taste of Gnome. He almost breaks out in a laugh as the little priest implies to use that pompous fool Belkenstair as a pack animal.

    His attention is drawn away from you as the aforesaid Noble starts up in a voice swimming with outrage, "HOW DARE YOU! You pitiful little priest! You say that I, the Lord Steward of Saltmist should carry your pathetic belongings!", storming up to the table of the Kings and Queens he continues, "Your Graces, I demand retribution for this insult!"
    One of the Dwarven Kings jumps to his feet, "Ya'll deman' n'thing in ma presence! Ya've done n'thing in these councils b' gripe and complain. Back to your place with ye."
    Gaping, Belkenstair steps back, glearing at all in attendance before storming out of the tent, calling for his retainers.

    Tahlruamy watches as the angry lord leaves, "He'll cause some sort of trouble before long if something isn't done to calm him, but that is for another time.
    As to your questions and requests, I see no reason why we cannot give you what small aid that we can. I will have a few things prepaired to help with your journey.
    As to how you will relate your findings, here,"
    he holds out a silver necklace and pendant, a small clear blue crystal mounted in the center, "This is how we will communicate. Come to my tent in an hour and things will be ready for you. I shall also have any other answers you seek. For now you may go.

    Draynar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the whole whole tent suddenly glow with strong enchantments, along with many items in the possession of various Lords, Ladies and the Kings and Queens. The Elf, Tahlruamy seems to glow all over, almost as bright as the tent itself, the hilts of the swords on his back draw your attention the most due to the strong red glow they are giving off. You also notice a young looking Halfling woman in amongst the crowd behind the table, she seems to pulse with the same glow as the tent, little treads of magic extending from her to the silk of the covering above you.
    Noone seems to be paying attention to your shivering
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-16 at 08:23 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Attend!

    For what must be done, gold is useless. We will need useful items.

    Attend!

    I wish I could contribute more, but here is 194 gp.

    Attend!

    This is all I have that I do not wear. On this earth and others.

    Attend!

    For what it is worth, please take it. As a gift from a whore's daughter who is not afraid to die".


    ((I enjoy writing Hexblades))

    EDIT: Because I almost forgot the post.

    She leans over towards Halabur. "My last "leader" to whom I previously eluded, was Gnomish. He was brave, smart, fought well, not tough, and in the end; tasted funny. If he'd had the decency to be a half-orc we wouldn't have had to eat the mule as well. I liked that mule. The retreat from Barnflaed was tough. They say you should try anything once, with the exception of incest and bestiality. Well, done cannibalism. Not doing it again. Hopefully."

    ((And a human eating a gnome isn't technically cannibalism, but eating fellow sentients is bad. I don't see much difference and neither does Verossa. She's not proud. And she's not lying.))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-17 at 12:04 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif mutters in confusion 'Gold is useless, yet you give us your gold? A thankless gift for a thankless task. But you give your self the lie, if you feared death enough to eat Gnome meat. Was that meet? No matter'.

    Raif's eyes soften. 'I have known the scourge of hunger and the fear of death - the worst death is when the man dies but the flesh lives on. I gave away the dearest thing I owned, to save my life, and yet still I died having given it away. Yet when the flesh lives, so may a man, and realising, what I gave away could not be owned in the first place, I was free. So please understand me when I say I understand what you have done better than most, and I cannot judge you any worse for it'.

    Clearsight brightens up. Now if you'll excuse me, I have my ministry to attend to. I hold out hope that one among us will shortly be saved!

    Cast Disguise self to take the shape of Lord Belkinstair, Steward of Saltmist.

    Clearsight turns to the group. 'If several of you could keep Lord Belkinstair occupied for the next half hour, I would gladly pay you five hundred golden lies for a false bag. If money is no inducement, I urge you for his sake, that he may yet, by our hands, be saved'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-07-17 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Colour missing
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora's shock at seeing Belkenstair's treatment quickly turned into distaste.

    So these are my superiors. She thought bitterly to herself. They carry on as if they are merely petulant children! Still... I can't say the pompous fool didn't deserve it.

    She turned to her Lord, curious as to his reaction, and noted the tiny sliver of a smile. As usual, she found it difficult to disagree.

    But she herself could not even hold back a grin at the cleric's suggestion to use Belkinstair as a pack mule. The thought of the Lord doubled over under the weight of her belongings was not an unpleasant one, if not the most honorable one either.

    "Friends, if it is not too much trouble, I ask permission to bring my horse. While perhaps not the stealthiest of beasts, he could be used to carry extra goods, or the wounded, or similar things. In addition, I am a touch more comfortable fighting from horseback than on foot." Eleanora shifted her feet. "As for items you may deem necessary, I will be willing to donate 170 Crowns to the cause. I will withhold some money, in case an emergency should present itself, or should I find it necessary to provide recompense for actions undertaken during our mission."

    After that, Eleanora remained silent, trying to ignore the talk of cannibalism. At the priest's words, however, her own demeanor began to soften. That one is far wiser than he lets on. Eleanora noted. And mayhaps I am being too hard on the rest of the team myself.

    But when the priest transformed, so too did her thoughts. Quickly, she strode over to Clearsight and grabbed him forcefully by the shoulder, pulling her face close to his.

    "What manner of deceit is this?! She hissed, trying to keep her voice a whisper. "What are you doing?!

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur nodded at the young woman's explanation. "Ah...Baenflaed... I've heard about that. A terrible fight. I suppose I can't blame you for that then. I humbly offer my apologies for that then." he says with color filling his cheeks. It's at this point he sees Raif change himself into Belkinstair. He had a guess what the cleric was going to pull off, and he would happily assist his fellow illusionist.

    "My dear lady!" exclaims Halabur as he separates him and the Dame. "Please do not disturb our good lord! I'm sure he is very busy right now. Come my Liege, let me escort you." He says hurriedly as he and Clearsight vanish into the crowd."
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-17 at 01:47 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight replies in a stage whisper (hushed, but clearly audible)

    'A deceit with which I hope to show Lord Belkinstair an innate truth - as all deceits do. The lesson may not be pleasant, but I hope that it shall be very much to his advantage'.

    Pulling closer to Dame Elenora, Raif speaks a little more quietly.

    'You heard what they said - he will be trouble if we leave him like this, a plain truth in sight misleads like a lie. I see an honest truth writ on this face, as do we all, but only I will give it the lie'.

    'I ask you, how will you distinguish me from Lord Belkinstair? The answer is obvious to you, perhaps. I wonder what he will make of it?'


    Then giggling Clearsight saunters to the tent flap, at this point Halabar interjects, and they walk out arm in arm By your leave masters, i' faith, when a fool commands, and the wise do call it wisdom, the only honest men left may be the priests of false gods!'

    Once outside the tent Clearsight nods at Halabar, then strides purposefully and imperiously to seek out some servants, preferably of Lord Belkinstair.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise Check (1d20+15)[17]
    Spot Check (1d20+4)[15]
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-07-17 at 01:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the gnome and the priest walked out, Eleanora let out a small sigh of exasperation. If they were intent on this folly, at the very least she would have the opportunity to gauge their skills.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I see the group has their heart set on this idea of a portable space, so I shall also follow, taking 261 gold coins from my purse, and giving it to everyone for this purpose. And yes, I suggest you take your horse, for since we are on a mission of infiltration, we must move fast so we can strike hard into the heart of the empire, and outrace bad winds and the baying of the Dark Wizard's hounds.

    I continue to watch the group around me with care, thinking quietly, as I absorb the information and try to recall anything on our good lord directing us on this mission

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bardic knowledge on Tahlruamy
    (1d20+4)[14]
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you cast your spell you feel a slight resistance, but it finally forms around you. As you look around the room you can see looks of disapproval on the faces of not only the gathered lords and ladies but also from Dame Eleanora.
    As you leave the tent you get a few strange stares from those who are either on guard or working around the pavilion, having just seen Belkenstair walk out a few moments before you.
    You see the sigil of Saltmist flying high over a camp to the south.


    Daranand
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is a high lord who resides in the Palace of Rubyleaf, the seat of the High King. You may re-try again at a future date after dealing with him some more.


    Once Clearsight and Halabur leave, Talhruamy walks over to those of you remaining, you see he is actually alot taller than you would have actually thought, standing a couple of inches taller than Draynar.
    "Best if Mr Clearsight doesn't cause too much trouble, Saltmist is, as Dame Eleanora would know, not the most forgiving person, and will likely do something to avenge not only these new insults to his honour, but also for not having one of his own men chosen for the mission. Go now, make sure things do not get out of hand."
    Turning to address the Rulers he stops, looking back over his shoulder, "Also, Ms Verossa, I would keep word of your culinary... experiences to yourself from now on. Some in this camp might take exception. I know that situations arise where it might be deemed necessary but it is still something very few consider to be of good taste," smiling he adds, "If you would mind the pun."
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-18 at 01:54 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I have no idea what that man thinks he's doing, thinks Verossa as Raif altered his guise. I certainly hope he does.

    She gives a short bow to the elf lord, clicks her heels, and does her best Misato Katsuragi impersonation. "Heard, my lord. And understood. Just putting my money where my mouth is."

    She steps sideways and turns to the group."Thank you all for your spirit. We may not be able to purchase the ideal, but we can buy us some succour. It is good of Sir Dame to volunteer her mount. I wish I could contribute similar, but I am a foot soldier and shall remain so. You are, or have among you, some wiser and cleverer than I. What can we purchase that would do the most good?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner quickly shakes his head, from the great glow coming from the tent, before turning to the rest of the group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disabling "Detect Magic"


    "If it is required, I would like to volunteer a wand of light healing, and a wand of light, they all appear to be in perfect, unused condition as well."
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I have no skill with wands, but I suppose as long as somebody does we'll get by. Well, that's 855 gp in the kitty. What could we turn it into?"

    EDIT: missed D-mans generous contribution.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-18 at 08:17 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Fear not, I have the requisite skills and expertise with those wands.

    I slip the wand free from it's holster, and twirl it through my fingers.


    So if we need a wand of that nature contributed, I'm glad to be the one to use it, for the assistance of the entire group.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "We could get another wand--but 330gp buys us four light horses and a pony. Call it another 200 for riding saddles, saddlebags, and other such thingamibobbery. That gets us all mounted and lets us carry a lot more. I know I said I didn't want to mess with animals, and I have no horsey skill, but it's the simplest thing that helps us the most.

    "We should spend the rest on food, healers kits maybe. And we definitely take an axe"


    She pauses.

    "Because I was once in a squad that was stalled for two hours by a cursed 12-foot wide stream. Because nobody had a rope or an axe to fell a tree. Or wanted to admit they didn't. And then everyone just stood around waiting for somebody else to do something. The Cleric finally went spare and wound up rebuking the waters. This worked, somehow."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'If you can trick further false Lord Belkinstair with False Lord Belkinstair, now is the time, my false friend. Otherwise, I'd be grateful if you keep the false Lord Belkinstair occupied'. False Lord Belkinstair whispers to Halabar.

    'You there', False Lord Belkinstair summons the nearest person over.

    'did you see a figure like to my appearance leave this tent just now? Some false cleric has taken the noble image of Belkinstair! Even now that Cleric tarnishes my name and honour by taking my counterfeit! I demand that you do something about this situation. To show that I am me, wait dullard, watch, to show that I am me, I've made this mark upon my arm'.

    False Lord Belkinstair shows an 'x' on his arm.

    'What, slack-witted man? Spread the word at once! And fetch me my servant straight! Bring me my vassals too! Why are you still here!' False Lord Belkinstair harangues the man.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm...all technically true, but I'd probably better roll a Bluff check
    (1d20+3)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I am afraid I have never ridden a horse before, but I also have the necessary skill with a wand. I am willing to give it a try, but we must be ready to leave them behind at a moments notice, so we shouldn't put anything we can stand to lose on them, unless we are in the midst of travelling."

    Drayner takes a breath, and returns his wands and coin to his belt pouches.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The workman gapes at you, blinking in confusion until you finish your commands, then he nods if vigorously, "Yes m'Lord, right away m'Lord." he stammers before lurching into a run towards the Saltmist encampment, almost tripping over tent ropes, buckets and other objects laying on the ground, having to dodge around the guards, servants and other people in the camp.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •