Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "By all means! The sooner we get across the better!"

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora gave a swift bow to the dwarf before speaking to him.

    ((In Dwarven:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Forgive our frightful appearances my friend, but my companions speak the truth. We are preparing to infiltrate the Covenanter lines as we speak, and time is of the essence, so forgive me for the abruptness of our conversation. But if you must have proof of our identities-"


    She pulled a chain out from under her armor and showed the dwarf the signet attached.

    ((In Dwarven again:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is the symbol of Lord Fernard of Autumnstar, to whom I am sworn and pledged. We are all allies of the Free, my friend. Please, wish us luck.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (if necessary): (1d20+8)[22]


    At that, she returned her attention to Raif.

    "I am ready to leave. The longer we wait, the more is at stake."

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Lowering the meat hammer a little he moves a foot back, his eyes still narrowed slightly as he looks you all over again, "Infiltrators yea say? What about the lassy 'ere? She's not all dressed up. Is she ta play your prisoner an' hope them Orc's an' Hobgobbo's don't take 'er off your 'ands? They don't treat pretty girls like 'er gently you know."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Please, we must have some secrets. Rest assured, we have a plan. In any case our friend here is more than capable of taking care of herself'.

    That's a lot of questions. I don't like this - even if this dwarf is not a spy there are sure to be people watching our lines

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic mostly on the Dwarf
    Sense Motive on the Dwarf (1d20+5)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see no magic radiating from the Dwarf at all.
    He also seems to be showing true revulsion at your appearances, and concern for Verossa.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Well, let's head off then'.

    Raif mounts up, and rides over towards the barricade.

    'Elenora, you'd better get ready to shout 'help' in Orcish. Also, 'ceasefire''.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora nodded to Raif before gooing off to retrieve her horse.

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Don't worry sir dwarf. We have everything planned for! I will advise that you kill the next orcs and goblins you see next though, because it probably won't be us." Halabur jokes as he mounts Sparklelord.

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Duribar grunts and steps aside, "Well yea best hope you're tha Masters of Disguise ye think ye are. That lot out there may not be tha sharpest knives in tha block, but they ain't stupid... Well, no more stupid than most of their kind that is."
    With that said he starts walking past you, glancing back over his shoulder and mumbling and shaking his head again.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    When they get to the barricade, just before the march into the no-man's land, Clearsight beckons Verossa over.

    'I can do the spell now. Stay still and,'

    Raif thinks for a second.

    'Try and think of yourself as being really present - adopt a commanding pose. It's my belief that most of what we see is really tricks of the senses, so this works by me trying to make you more real to the point where you're invisible to the easily tricked eye'.

    'Well, here it is. This is the moment. I hope to see you all on the other side of the lines. If you like, you can join me in a moment of silent prayer'.

    Raif stretches out his hands for anyone who wishes to join him in prayer.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Let the gods worry about what the gods will, if we deserve their favour they will give it... Luck favours the bold afterall." and he waits for the rest of the group to finish praying.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora bowed her head.

    "May I have the deceit necessary to get us through alive."

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif pulls Fighter's reins forward, and ties them to Filofax's saddle-horn.

    'Try not to move too much: hopefully they'll think Fighter's our spare mount. The spell will only last for a few minutes while we close with their lines. At that stage we'll have to convince them you're with us, or hopefully we'll have slipped past them Drayner may be able to renew the spell'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Invisibility on Verossa


    Raif checks everyone else is ready. If they are then...

    'Giddyup!' Raif whispers.

    Raif kicks on Filofax with a gentle tap of his heels and rides out into the space between the camps, bringing the horse up to an easy canter and aiming it the gap between the nearest two camps, looking for cover beyond.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[17]
    Listen (1d20+4)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  14. - Top - End - #614
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora mounted up and spurred Valor to the front of the party. The dame's expression was grim, and nervous butterflies fluttered about in her stomach.

    My training never prepared me for this... Gods, I hope the council knew what they were doing.

    She shook her head with a grunt, trying to calm herself down and get into character.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[13]
    Listen: (1d20)[1]

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks quizzically at Raif "I think you mean Halabur"

    Drayner follows along with the group "Walk with purpose and keep your head up, why stop someone who is clearly meant to be here?" Drayner follows along quickly trying as best as he can to avoid eye contact with anyone without drawing attention.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: (1d20+1)[13]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[4]
    Drayner will search his memories for procedures that they usually go through, but immediately stops the moment they reach the enemy encampment's frontlines.
    (1d20+1)[21] Int and Wis are both the same modifier.


    **I don't think they had contact lenses back then, so Drayners eyes are still blood or "eldritch" red**
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the gates open and you ride through you can see signs of the battles that have been fought beyond.
    Scorched grass and shrubbery, broken arrows and quarrels, either sticking up out of the earth or laying on the ground. Broken shields and weapons littering the field. In the distance, about 200' by your best guess you see signs of the encampments on either side of you. In between them, just a little closer than the camps you see two structures about 15' tall, estimated to be about 150' apart.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Squares are 10'x10' (so total size of shown area is 400'x400')
    Top camp is Orc's, bottom camp is Hobgoblins.
    Two structures towards the middle are the watch towers.


    From here, just outside the gates you can't really see or hear any movement or noise coming from the camps or the watch towers.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-16 at 06:13 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif slows the horses to an easy trot, and rides in the direction of the watchtower nearest the Orcish camp.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((Have spent the last two days waiting at home for Chinese internet man to arrive, well he finally did))

    Verossa says her own little prayer as Raif intones. "Lady whose name is never spoke, bright reflection upon the sea of possibilities, be with us this day, as you've been with me all my life so far."

    And then she follows Fighter, trying to keep her feet in the footprints of the others. "If any of them notice that we've got an invisible fifth member, just tell them that I'm a large, mute, personally hideous individual with a pathological and violent hatred of annoying questions. And being looked at. My name is Gee."

    ((Sorry, couldn't help myself))
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Okay people, time for some grid refrences. You all start out at AM20 as it's the only full square in the gateway (just assume that a couple of you are actually in AM19 or AM21 so your not all bunched up).
    Also, is Verossa walking instead of riding? **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Feeling slightly embarrassed, and glad of invisibility hiding her flush, Verossa mounts Fighter. And there has to be a better way of phrasing that.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As quiet as possible, drayner will begin casting his daily use of Message on the person leading (which I believe is Raif) our little disguised group. Whispering he continues. "Ok, lead on, straight through the middle of the towers? Or should we go around, it's up to you, either way, we should avoid bringing attention to ourselves."

    Drayner casually follows the others example, as they move forward.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Remember guys, all the horses move at 60' per round but the pony that Halabur is riding only moves 40'/round.
    Also, needing to know where you are actually moving to so I start making spot checks and likes against you.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Towards the right-hand tower, then past it. If no one sees us, then straight past. Otherwise, Elenora will try to bluff us through'.

    Raif urges Filofax on, cantering up to the watchtower.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  24. - Top - End - #624
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora took a deep breath as she eyed the tower. She cautiously approached the building, pushing Valor ahead of the rest of party .

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to Y12


    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"


    She shouted up to the watchtower.

    ((In Orcish again))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are spies, and we must enter the camp! It is vital to our mission!"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-18 at 08:10 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Up in the watch tower you clearly see the figures of two Orc's. By the looks of it they are wearing some form of leather armour and carrying large, crude looking crossbows.
    As you approach they lower their bows, leveling them in your direction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Orc 1: Spot Checks (against disguise): On Eleanora:(1d20+1)[21]
    On Raif: (1d20+1)[5]
    On Halabur: (1d20+1)[16]
    On Drayner: (1d20+1)[12]

    Orc 2: Spot Checks (against disguise): On Eleanora:(1d20+1)[2]
    On Raif: (1d20+1)[9]
    On Halabur: (1d20+1)[20]
    On Drayner: (1d20+1)[5]


    From where you are you can see that the second Orc is taking a very close look at Halabur, tilting his head this way and that, raising one hand from the crossbow and scratches his head. Turning to the other he says something quietly, motioning towards what appears to a Goblin on a pony.

    After a bit of arguing, the first Orc shoves the other back and yells.

    Eleanora and Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Spies ya sez? Ooz ya working for? Why we no 'ear abootz ya comin? Where ya ben?"
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-18 at 08:46 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "The Dwarves are right behind us." Golabur shouts. "If you want to talk about this now, we run the risk of some ugly company."
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-10-18 at 09:56 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Both of the Orc's turn their heads, glaring at Halabur.
    The one that originally spoke to you saying,

    Halabur and Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ooz da short snot? Why'z 'e tink 'e getz to speak to uz?
    If doze Shakutarbikz wanna die let 'em run dere stunty azz's 'ere"


    **
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shakutarbik is Oricish for Dwarf
    **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa fumed on top of Fighter (), conscious she could do nothing here. Should have rehearsed some nervous glances behind us, maybe arranged some commotion in the camp right after we left. Well, we'll get through and get better at this. Or not and die bravely.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-19 at 06:58 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora's eyes narrowed as she pushed Valor even closer to the watchtower.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I cannot divulge my Masters' identities, but I will have you know that I have sworn myself to someone who wields more power than every single one of us combined. He, and many others like him, have sent us on a very important mission, and they would be very, very displeased to learn that a couple of thick-headed churls like yourselves had gotten in our way! My companions and I have come from the lands of the Free Folk and risked our lives to get here! We have not traveled this far just to get questioned by the likes of you!"


    She spoke icily at first, but her voice quickly began to raise in tempo and volume. Before she knew it, the dame was screaming up at the guards in a frenzied state.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "NOW LET US IN, BEFORE I SHOW YOU WHY WE WERE CHOSEN FOR SUCH A SPECIAL MISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (if necessary): (1d20+9)[28]
    As for Bluff, well, I didn't technically lie...
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-19 at 02:22 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Orcs look back towards Eleanora.
    One seems to be chuckling under his breath as she starts talking, the other just looking thoughtful.
    This changes when the Knight starts bellowing though. The laughing Orc's face goes from a show of amusement to one of complete shock, looking around as if to find someone to make a reply while backing away from th edge of the tower.
    The thoughtful Orc's face starts to drain of colour his mouth opening and closing repeatedly, but no sound coming out. His hands going slack, the crossbow falling to the ground below, and if you lok closely you start seeing a thin stream of some kind of liquid dripping from the watch tower right where he is standing.

    **Wow... There was NO way in the nine hells they could have made the Sense Motive check to beat that.... Well, maybe a nat 20... I got an 18 and a... Take a guess... Yep, thats right... a nat 1! **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •