Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    'Twas a good check.


    The dame turned to the rest of the party and gave them a quick nod.

    "Let us continue."
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-19 at 05:18 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif looks up, and gives an orcish smirk, then starts trotting past the watchtower towards the Covenant lands.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to Y11, then move straight towards A11


    Good. Should be able to push on and make it through without any trouble. As soon as we're a little further away Halabur can renew Verossa's invisibility, and I'll hide us with a mist.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner is speechless at the foreign shout that seemed to solve our problem If I knew what they said... I don't think I wanna know what they said Drayner makes sure not to fall behind as he keeps up with the rest of the group as best as possible, not wanting to be on the recieving end of that conversation that managed to cause someone to "release the powers of nature".
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Golabur shuddered and reminded himself not to get on Eleanora's bad side.

  5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa bit her lip as Fighter trudged forward. Hopefully, they'll be too busy cleaning up to worry why we don't head into their camp. Well, sooner we get under cover, the better.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As soon as they're out of earshot from the tower, Raif falls back next to Halabur.

    'Now would be a good time to apply another invisibility spell' Raif whispers quietly, then cuffs Halabur gently, and growls at him, for the benefit of anyone watching.

    Raif closes his eyes and concentrates. 'True into false, unreal into real, Lie upon lie'. Raif mutters the mantra under his breath.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Obscuring Mist
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    While passing the watch tower, you can hear the Orc's wimpering as the crouch down behind the walls of the tower.

    Eleanora and Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear one of them saying in a quiet voice that's not quite a whisper, "Muz be one of Azgarog'z. Dey da only onez I know oo can rage like dat."


    Once you're clear of the watch tower (M11) you not only notice that the camp looks deserted, but it seems as if most of it has been that way for a long time, more then a month by your best guess.
    The few remaining soldiers that do see you barely give you more than a moments consideration before going back to what they were doing.
    Up ahead (G13) you see a group of Orc's and what appear to be some other humanoid type of creature. The Orc's are all laughing and flailing their arms about, the others appear to be bound by the wrists, gagged and being lead on a rope towards the camp.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  8. - Top - End - #638
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks as close as he can in order to get a head count of orcs vs prisoners as fast as he can, while speaking hushed to the rest of the group.

    "Prisoners, and this was going so well too, damnit, how well do you think our disguises will hold out up close, when we are trying to throw some weight around..." It isn't long before his talk is cut short by the fog.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[17]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see four prisoners and five Orcs. Two with large looking crossbows, one with a greataxe, one leading the prisoners and the last, the largest of the five, wearing some sort of metal armour and carrying a very large looking hammer.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif whispers to Drayner (using the message spell Drayner cast, if that's possible)

    'This is not our fight. If we fight them, we jeopardise our mission'.

    That's probably not going to work...

    'But if we are determined to rescue the prisoners, may I suggest we attack with overwhelming force. You and Halabur to take the crossbowmen, Elenora to take the gentleorc with the Warhammer. Verossa can free the prisoners, and I'll keep the other two busy until you can assist me. Use the message spell to share the plan, and tell everyone not to be alarmed if help arrives'.

    Raif whispers back to Verossa

    'If you want to intervene, I suggest you use your invisibility to free the prisoners...'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #641
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Azgarog? Hm. That may be a good name to remember. Golabur muses when he notices the prisoners. He hears Raif whisper to Verossa and responds, "Is this our fight? Shouldn't the mission come first? We aren't supplied or equipped to take care of these men if we help them escape, are we? What if an Orc escapes? Then word spreads about a group of fellows dressed as orcs and goblins and that'd only hurt us!"

  12. - Top - End - #642
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Thank goodness someone else has the necessary detachment.

    'That really depends on Elenora'.

    Raif mutters at Halabur.

    'She's the one who has to speak to them. If she feels she cannot compromise, then I see no hope of avoiding a fight. On the other hand, if she can, we may be able to slip past'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa dares to whisper "This is not our mission. Still, if we must do anything and you know we'd all like to; we are through their lines now. Act like we're the ones in charge. Do what a Covenanter officer would do." She thought about this "Well, not everything a Covenanter officer would do, given that we don't have a sackful of kittens, a flaying knife, a pot of boiling oil and a bound and terrified 12-year old gender optional"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  14. - Top - End - #644
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora had to bite her tongue to keep herself in check.

    Those savages! Exploiting the innocent in such a manner-! Damn them!

    She gave a forlorn look to the rest of the party.

    "I can't let this happen," She mouthed silently.

    But suddenly, Verossa's words brought a gleam back to her eyes.

    Yes! Of course! A thin smirk snaked its way across her face, before she turned to the group of orcs.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Halt!"


    She barked an order to the procession, striking an authoritative pose from atop her horse.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Who is in charge here?"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-19 at 08:57 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #645
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Before Elanora begins what Drayner can only assume is verbally assulting the Orcs he whispers to Verossa, "Remind me to ask you what the kittens are used for"

    As the "verbal Assult" begins Drayner stays behind Verossa, so if things turn ugly, he can be of most use.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Orc with the large hammer holds up a hand, the others coming to a stop instantly. The prisoners bumping into each other while coming to the adbupt halt.
    The one with the hammer, obviously the leader shouts out,

    Halabur and Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oo wantz to know? Oo do ya tink ya are tellin' me ta stop wen we'z takin' deze Golog'z to da pit?"


    **Map**
    Spoiler
    Show


    **Golog is Elf in Orcish**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-20 at 01:17 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Very carefully and slowly, Verossa slides off Fighter's back while the Orcs are looking at Eleanora. With the camp almost deserted, we may not need to bother about flight after all, but if this goes wrong I'm little use if I'm not afoot.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have been sent to inspect your grounds, and nothing looks as I anticipated! The camp is almost empty! Where is everyone? What is going on?"


    Eleanora eyed the orc warily as she spoke, trying to gauge his strength.

    He appears to be seasoned warrior. She noted grimly. I wonder if his blade could match mine...
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-20 at 02:36 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora and Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Where ya tink dey iz? Dey all on da way to smash doze Shakutarbik'z dats attackin' up North. Gashnarz left me as boss till 'e getz back.
    Doze oo ain't killing Shakutarbik'z is runnin' from 'ere to da forest capturing Golog'z like Mazhurag told uz to.
    Oo ya work for if ya ben sent ta inspect uz? Ya speakz funny, where ya from?"


    As Eleanora is conversing with the big Orc with the hammer the rest of you notice the third Elf in the line struggling with the rope binding his wrists.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Verossa looks at the state of the prisoners. Take too long to free them all. They're individually bound, and invisibity would be squandered too quickly. And then at the Orcs and their numbers, trying to get a sense of their chances in a fight.

    If this turns ugly, Eleanora will charge the leader, and probably vice-versa. I need to get close enough to between them that my cover an strike incoming orc, but not so much between them that Eleanora runs me down by mistake

    She moves forward as quietly as she can manage.(1d20+3)[17] Trying to get within 10 feet of a direct line between Eleanora and the Orc leader, and incidently between Eleanora and most of the other Orcs as possible.


    ((She's tell people what she's doing but she might get heard by the wrong people. Next time she won't tell people to claim she's a mute))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-20 at 03:54 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #651
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif rides casually to L8, chest out, head slumped forward, completely ignoring the other orcs, as if they were beneath his notice.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready Action: on start of combat Summon Monster I on G8
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  22. - Top - End - #652
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, so you're the leader by proxy,"


    Eleanora gave the orc a mirthless smirk.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So of course that would mean you have no idea what is going on. Gashnarz didn't tell you we were coming did he?"


    The dame spoke quickly and deliberately, not giving the orc time to respond.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well let me make this as clear for you as I can: we are not under your authority. We are spies, and our work concerns Mosoleon himself. We have been in the lands of the Free. We have been in their camps and their homes, and we know more about them than you could ever hope to."


    She gave him a disdainful look.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have even been in that Shakutarbik camp right across the way, and are privy to some very important facts regarding it. If we were able to share it with Gashnarz, I can only assume it would have been a great boon to all of you. But that time has passed, and this camp is in shambles."


    She shook her head.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Allow me to leave you with this. I have fought knights from Saltmist to Autumnstar, and Shakutarbiks in their holds. I have proved myself on and off the field of battle time and time again, and I was chosen for each mission because I was among the best there were. I am smart, I am strong, and I never give up. And right now, I am not impressed."


    She spoke to the orc with barely disguised contempt.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This camp needs fortification. The enemy could be in this camp right now, and you wouldn't even know it. Meanwhile, you're busy herding Gologz. If I were you, I would remedy that situation. Gashnarz might even be impressed that you showed some initiative for once. Go. We can watch the Gologz for you. You have other duties to attend to."

  23. - Top - End - #653
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff:(1d20+3)[14]

  24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Orc stares at you for a moment, his eyes twitching until he snarls.
    Stepping forwards, raising his large hammer he shouts out in Common, "Oo are ya? Yer not wun of uz!" Before turning to the others following him, shouting out in Orcish again,

    Halabur and Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Come on ya slugkisserz, deze ain't wit uz. Dey tellin' uz a bunch o' regz! let's teach em ooz dey dealin' wit!"


    **Okay guys, Initiative please.**

    Spoiler
    Show
    Large Orc: (1d20+2)[22]
    X-Bow 1: (1d20+3)[11]
    X-Bow 2: (1d20+3)[21]
    Great Axe: (1d20)[14]
    Rope Holder: (1d20)[4]


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #655
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20)[15]

  26. - Top - End - #656
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Damn it" Drayner shudders slightly at the thought of the hammer meeting his skull, but he steels himself for battle and stays back. (L4)

    Spoiler
    Show
    init:(1d20+7)[20]
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-20 at 08:24 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  27. - Top - End - #657
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20)[9]


    It appears that this cannot be avoided. Blast.

    Raif begins chanting under his breath.

    'Accio tuam ab caelo, ut protegat eiis'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    [COLOR=darkgreen]Oh, goody, smiles Verossa.

    Initiative (1d20+3)[4]

    ((Well, So much for the entire point of her position and build))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-20 at 08:59 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  29. - Top - End - #659
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    (Raif, don't forget you've readied Summon Monster I!)

    Golabur curses violently, "Fill yer hands, you sons of b------!"

    Initiative: (1d20+2)[3]

    Edit: ... It looks like I'll have plenty of time to wait for them to fill them.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-10-20 at 09:36 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Elves Initiative:
    Elf 1: (1d20+2)[17]
    Elf 2: (1d20+2)[11]
    Elf 3: (1d20+2)[8]

    **Full List of Initiative order**
    Spoiler
    Show
    Large Orc
    Mailali
    X-Bow 2
    Drayner
    Elf 1
    Eleanora
    Great Axe
    X-Bow 1
    Elf 2
    Raif
    Elf 3
    Verossa
    Halabur
    Rope Holder
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-25 at 02:44 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •