Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    ((It's the Blenheim curse! Well, the specific Blenheim curse that doesn't walk around on two legs anyway.))
    **That one you don't need a 6 week course of antibiotics to get rid of **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    ((How can he intimidate and attack in the same round? Does he have Fearsome armour? Highly unlikely given a -1 modifier. He'd literally have to have a Chr in the negatives))
    **Intimidating Rage feat, Complete Warrior, page 102. While Raging you may select any creature within 30' to Intimidate as a free action. But yes, he does have a CHA penalty.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-25 at 11:12 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **New Map, same Initiative (because I got hadn't done the updated map earlier)**
    Spoiler
    Show

    Large Orc
    Mailali
    X-Bow 2
    Drayner
    Elf 1
    Eleanora
    Great Axe
    X-Bow 1
    Elf 2
    Raif
    Elf 3
    Verossa
    Halabur
    Rope Holder
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-30 at 10:11 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+3)[6]

  5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Machuchang View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: [roll0]
    **It's not a Will Save. It's a d20+level+Wisdom mod+any bonus vs fear**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops. Well, it comes out to be the same anyway, I think. Let's hope I roll better.

    Save vs. Intimidate: (1d20+3)[7]

    I suppose it just wasn't to be.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-10-26 at 02:10 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Eleanora is now Shaken (-2 to Attacks, Saves, Skill checks and Ability checks**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  8. - Top - End - #728
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    **Eleanora is now Shaken (-2 to Attacks, Saves, Skill checks and Ability checks**
    **Suck. How long?**

  9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Until the end of his Rage, so another 4 rounds after this one**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-26 at 03:14 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  10. - Top - End - #730
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Maiali turns towards his quarry and gives it another two weapon rend.

    Attack 1
    Hit: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[21]
    Crit Damage: (2d8+2)[7]

    Attack 2
    Hit: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[6]
    Crit Damage: (2d8+2)[15]

    But to no avail, his attacks swing wildly.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-10-27 at 09:48 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #731
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Don't worry guys, I'll keep the crossbowmen off of you!" Drayner raises his hand as a dark spear appears in his hand and he throws it at the other orc with a crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acc:(1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d8)[1]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Because I only entered 1d8:
    EDIT: AND because the 60 second post stopped it from going through.
    (1d8)[7]
    so that's 1 + 7
    8 damage!
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-29 at 06:55 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Orc crossbowman screams in pain as the spear of dark fire blasts him in the arm, the crackling energies jumping over his chest, back and ribs as the arm hangs, next to useless, by his side.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elf holding knocks another two arrows, aiming at the Orc that's still contesting with the badger.

    Comp. Longbow Attack (arrow 1): (1d20+6)[15]
    Comp. Longbow Attack (arrow 2): (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage (arrow 1): (1d8+1)[7]
    Damage (arrow 2): (1d8+1)[6]
    Crit Confirm (arrow 1, if required): (1d20+6)[13]
    Crit Confirm (arrow 2, if required): (1d20+6)[12]
    Crit Damage (arrow 1, if required): (3d8+3)[21]
    Crit Damage (arrow 2, if required):(3d8+3)[21]

    Both shafts flying true, piercing the Orc's armour and sticking in his gut. The Orc's eyes go wide in shock and start to glaze over as a gout of blood come spewing from his gasping mouth. Slowing he starts sinking to the ground, going to one knee at a time, trying to pull one of the arrows out with his free hand as he starts leaning backwards, eventually falling to his back lifeless...
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-29 at 08:56 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  15. - Top - End - #735
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Resolving Mailali's Crit: (2d8+2)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. - Top - End - #736
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora felt a cold shiver run down her spine at the orc's fearsome display.

    ((In Orcish))
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Have at you, cur!" She declared, trying to sound braver than she was feeling. "Bellow all you wish, but if your bite is as bad as your bark, I have naught to fear from your like! Come! A taste of cold steel for your wide open gullet!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Knight's Challenge: +1 Will, +1 Attack, +1 Damage vs. Boss Orc for 8 rounds


    She lashed out with her lance, her challenge filling her with new resolve.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (Guide with knees): (1d20+8)[15]
    Ride: (Fight with warhorse): (1d20+8)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]
    Damage (if crit): (3d8+12)[24]

    If more than 10 damage is dealt, Trip attack as a free action.
    Trip Attempt: (1d20+6)[24]
    Trip Strength Check: (1d20+3)[4]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If rolling for Valor:
    Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Damage (if crit): (2d6+8)[17]


  17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Valor rears up at the most unoppertune time, causing Eleanora's strike to go wild.

    The crossbowman, still wincing from the dark fire raised his crossbow above his head, trying to bring it down on the Elf in front of him.

    Improvised Attack: (1d20-1)[0]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20-1)[19]
    Crit Damage (if required): (2d8+2)[11]

    But the crossbow proves to be too unwieldy to be used in that fashion. The swing coming down no where near the Elf, the arm of the crossbow digging itself into the earth.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-30 at 01:54 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elf with the two swords twirls his weapons with a flick of his wrists before lunging at the Orc that just failed to brain him with a crossbow. Slashing quickly and with as much strength as possible, the Elf attacks.

    Thinblade 1 Attack: (1d20+3)[11]
    Thinblade 2 Attack: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage (Thinblade 1): (1d8+2)[10]
    Damage (Thinblade 2):(1d8+1)[6]
    Crit Confirm (Thinblade 1, if required): (1d20+3)[14]
    Crit Confirm (Thinblade 2, if required): (1d20+3)[20]
    Crit Damage (Thinblade 1, if required): (2d8+4)[13]
    Crit Damage (Thinblade 2, if required): (2d8+2)[11]

    Both attacks only just miss the Orc as he starts hopping backwards to avoid the sharp blades.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-30 at 03:09 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  19. - Top - End - #739
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif swings his right leg over the saddle, and jumps off Filofax.

    Raif stretches out a hand to the nearby Elf.

    'Let me heal you'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Move Action to dismount, and use remaining Action to Heal Elf 1.
    Burn Enthrall for Cure Moderate wounds: (2d8+3)[14]


    The badger, seeing its foe down, attacks the remaining Crossbow Orc.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to E6
    Claw Attack (1d20)[16]
    Damage (1d2)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa, visibly annoyed by how thumb-fingered her attacks are today, turns and sees Eleanora falter. "Sir Dame!" she shouts, dropping her deranged cultist pose, and moves to P1, striking out with her glaive at the Orcish Hammer-wielder.

    ((Charge and flank bonus I believe, but putting 2 points into power attack anyway. And if that's the wrong square to get a flank, she moves to anyone one where she can. I'm not 100% sure where these people are.))

    Attack:(1d20+8)[15]Damage(1d10+8)[16]CCR(1d20+8)[27]

    EDIT: Pretty sure that hit (given the AC penalty for raging) but still another mediocre roll and I'm holding my breath.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-30 at 08:03 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #741
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur surveys the field. Although he could color spray the Orc Eleanora's fighting, it seemed like Verossa's hard blow would knock it out of the park. They seem to be able to take care of it. He thinks to himself. He notices one of the elves fumble in their attack against an Orc. Now THAT fellow could benefit from a Color Spray. He ponders with mirth as he slings another magic volley at his new target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to N6 to assist Maiali. Hit with magic missile for (1d4+1)[4]

  22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Well I guess Elf 3 was holding his action **

    The Elf looks at Raif as he approaches, pulling back and turning his bow on him, "Get back Covenanter scum! Don't think I wont kill you just because you helped kill your comrads."

    The Orc crossbowman has just enough time to cry out as the badger takes a mighty leap and slashes him deep under the arm with it's claws.
    Dropping his crossbow, the Orc falls to the ground, his blood pooling out around him as his eyes close.

    Verossa's blow strikes true, the blade of her glaive biting deep into the Orc's neck. His screams becoming nothing but gurgling squeaks as the steel (cold iron) cuts through his vocal cords before severing his spinal column, causing him to crumple at Valor's hooves.

    The Orc facing Mailali never even saw Halabur approach before all feeling was cut short by a magical projectile smashing through his temple. The Orc collapsing, twitching a little before dying.

    **You all receive 675XP and if you stick round to gather up their gear:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Masterwork Maul, breastplate, 597gp from the Large Orc.
    Masterwork Great axe and rigid leather and 481gp from the other melee Orc.
    Heavy Crossbow (x2) , rigid leather (x2) and 1004gp from the two crossbow Orc's. And finally from the rope holder, you find soft leather armour, a short sword in bad condition, 342gp and a Bag of Holding I.
    **
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-30 at 10:28 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((That's all the Orcs...right?))

    Verossa whirls on the Elf pointing his bow on Raif. "That's it. Just keeping shouting just like that. Start screaming in a bit, if you want." And she winks broadly.

    Then shouts, her glaive above her head and Orc blood running down her bare arm. "Muhaha, boys! Let's get these...fellows back to the...secret location for the usual routine of pointless torture and unnecessary paperwork! But I repeat myself!"

    She subsides, and grounds her glaive. Then says quietly, "We're heading west. How about you?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Yes, that's all the Orc's dead**
    The Elves are now back towards each other, weapons at the ready and trained on all of you, the only one who isn't was the Elf with the two swords who attacked the Orc who was holding the rope.

    If any of you take a moment to look around, you notice that you are being watched by figures in both camps. The Orc's one being closer, has about a half dozen more armed Orc's, just standing there, staring at you.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa takes a step forward and declaims loudly "Nice work there. The High Ones thought there was something in you we could use." low voice. "Pretend to look very frightened and uncertain" loud voice "the Covenant has something very special planned for you. Possibly involving kittens. Although I'm unsure of the specifics! I now pronounce my mind-enslaving curse!" low voice "Ok, people, when I shout, pretend to be dominated." and then very loud; "The Million Swords Of The World's Hate Still Seek A Prince's Heart"

    ((I'm having too much fun here, aren't I?))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-30 at 10:49 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #746
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    While Verossa shouts at their new 'prisoners' Halabur scrambles to gather all the loot for division later. When life gives you lemurs, make lemurade.

  27. - Top - End - #747
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif looks around as the elf shouts at him, noticing he's nearly perfectly encircled by elves.

    Beautiful. We're going to need something very cunning here - a fiendish stratagem that could only come from the mind of...

    Then Verossa opens her mouth.

    Oh God. Did she actually just shout that it common? This could become nasty quickly. Oh well, if we're going to die, at least I can do some good first. The elves are alive at least. Let's see if any more can be saved.

    Now that the elves have shifted away, Raif runs to check on the fallen orcs to see if he can stabilise any of them. Raif starts with the first crossbow orc, and then tries the Great Axe wielder, then the rope-holder - looking for any signs of life.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  28. - Top - End - #748
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Wait a minute - there is one spell that would buy us time....

    Raif casts Obscuring Mist.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the mist surrounds her, Verossa smiles. Though nobody can see. "Now, my friends, we all move west" she says in a low voice. "before those watching figure out what's going on."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  30. - Top - End - #750
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner will approach the elves slowly and cautiously until he is within close earshot, if they threaten him through the mist he will stop, but other wise he will move until he can whisper/speak in a low voice to them. (Only the people in the mist can hear it).

    "We are trying to keep up a ruse here, I hope you follow us at least until we get out of the area, if you leave the mist we will all pay, our disguises will come under suspicion and they will hunt you down... for both groups safety I think it's in your best interest to play along."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy if necessary: (1d20+5)[25]
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-30 at 04:40 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •