Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1498
  1. Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elves all look at Verossa, then glance at each other, looks of confusion on their faces as she talks about heading west.
    Then the Elf with the swords crouches as Drayner approaches but stands back up when he is finished talking, "Ruse? What do you mean? Who are you if your not with the Covenant? I do not know of any Orc tribes from this area who stand against the Demon Wizard."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Check: (1d20+3)[19]


    After he finishes his question, he lowers his weapons a little, starting to feel a little more at ease than before.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-30 at 05:33 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The dame's stomach sank as she eyed the camp of orcs. She spoke softly as Raif's mist surrounded them.

    "I am so sorry, my friends. My impulse has brought great harm to our mission. If there is no other choice, please allow to sacrifice my life so that the rest of you may escape,"

  3. Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif is still searching the fallen Orcs for any sign of life. He looks up at the elves, and points at Verossa, trying to keep his voice low.

    'Does she look like an Orc? We're four humans and a gnome, glamoured with illusion magic, and disguised with paints and hairs. Why do you think we stepped in to rescue you? Now if you'd be so good, please give me a chance to finish healing you'.

    Then he hears Elenora.

    'Don't you dare, m'Lady. It's too early to say whether this action has hurt our mission, but your loss would deal incalculable damage'.

    'Is anyone else injured? It seems I am too late to save the lives of these orcs. Would that their deaths could have been prevented'.

    Raif's summoned badger limps over to him.

    'Thank you my friend. You were brilliant. I will heal you in a moment before I send you home to recover. I hope that I may be able to call upon you again'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-10-30 at 06:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  4. Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur's eyes burst ay Eleanora's request. "My--my lady!" he bursts in surprise, "We were bound to be found out sooner or later!" But rather later than sooner he adds silently. "You performed marvelously out there! I wouldn't think that warrant a self sacrifice. I would think we should haste now." He adds with a worried glance towards the encampment.

  5. Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elf steps forwards, weapons resting to his sides, "If you're not Orc's, then who are you? Why should we believe you?"


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  6. Top - End - #756
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Because we took out the orcs holding you captive, and if you don't believe us and leave the mist you will be hunted by two seperate CAMPS, we can work together as allies, or we can die together as enemies.

    Taking a breath and whispering to Raif, Drayner mutters "How long can you keep the fog up"

    "I am Drayner, on a mission to end the covenant with my allies... now I suggest we move before the fog disperses.

    If everyone is in agreeance, Drayner will continue with his allies.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  7. Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Umm...I'm not sure how long it will last. I've never tried it before. Not long, certainly. A minute or two more perhaps? It's no effort now, but, as you may have noticed, it does not move with me either'.

    Raif Clearsight sighs, and rubs his temples.

    'I have cast a great deal today, and quickly as well. I have few spells left. I can manage maybe one good healing. I can Bless us, as I did in the fight with the goblins. My friend here will soon have to depart. After that, there's not much I can do'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Raif burns Read Magic to heal the Badger 1 point


    'Further ruses are unlikely to work, and our disguises will not hold for much longer. I suggest that we mount up with elven brethren, two to a horse, with Halabur riding alone. We flee while our disguises hold and take advantage of their confusion to gain what lead we can'.

    'Or, we could try one last trick - see if we can get into the Orc camp. It looked poorly defended. If we disguise the elves and Verossa as prisoners we'd have the element of surprise. The nine of us could finish them, then rest there before breaking for cover. We'd have time to restore our disguises, and we may be able to loot fresh mounts. It's a high risk strategy'.

    Clearsight turns to Elf 1.

    'Do you have any items or intelligence that might be relevant to our tactical position?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  8. Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I'm not sure, you yourself have said you don't have much magic left, so if things go south it might be a difficult fight... they are probably sending people over here to check on it as we speak. I personally vote for escape, we have a headstart for now, and we might be able to escape, but if everyone else agrees, we could go to the camp. Drayner keeps tries to listen for anything approaching them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+1)[14]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  9. Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa grounds her glaive and leans on it, blowing out her breath. "Look, fellows. If we're lying then how does that make you worse off than before? And if we're telling the truth, isn't that an option you could gamble with? Anyway, time we were going and going now, let indecision and confusion work on the other team."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  10. Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear voices coming from both of the camps. You don't understand what the Orc's are shouting, but the Hobgoblins are asking if everything is okay and what caused the fight.


    The Elf looks towards Verossa and says, "It makes no difference to the situation if you are working for the Covenant. But your friend denies that you are. If this is true, tell me who do work for."
    The other Elves lowering their bows a little, listening intently.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-31 at 04:50 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  11. Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa glares, and pulls up Fighter on his bridle. "The bloody Unified Alliance of Pixies, Nixies, and Sprites and we're on a mission to find an artifact that will make all the Covenanters glitter with bishie sparkle. No, seriously we're coalition agents. You are now officially wasting our time and endangering us all. Now say thank you for the rescue and let's get moving. You with the bow-" She mounts the horse "will be riding with me, because you have nice hair"

    They say that to know how to deceive your enemies, you must first know how to deceive you friends.

    Isn't normally this literal.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-31 at 05:17 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  12. Top - End - #762
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    My companions speak the truth. I am a Dame of Autumnstar, sworn to Lord Fernard himself. My name is Eleanora Worthe, of Stonehold. Now then," She turned to the elves.

    "Who is with me?"

  13. Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Come to think of it, there is one more option'.

    Raif Clearsight speaks quickly.

    'We feign roping our elven friends back together. Maybe Verossa too, to be on the safe side. We head for the forest.

    If the orcs ask Elenora what happened, she can say the prisoners tried to escape and killed the others. Or, in case they saw the struggle, we can say they showed us disrespect and we killed them'.

    'If you are willing to continue the deception m'Lady, I have one last spell that might help, but it will take my last heal...

    On that note, I repeat, would everyone please report their injuries? I know some of you were injured, and I need to know so I can plan how best to look after you. I'm not limited to spells, lies or magic for healing...'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  14. Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa resists a snort and nudges Fighter forward, straight toward the Elves. "While I have no personal objection to consensual bondage, this is not the time. We move, now. And Sir Dame, if it comes to a last stand, I do it, not you. Although I think that would be a silly and vainglorious approach anyway. It's speed and efficiency we want here, not sacrifice."

    She puts her hand out to the longbow-wielding Elf. "You, sir, come up".
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  15. Top - End - #765
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Have we agreed a plan then? I take it we're to break for cover?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Elves look at each other, a silent conversation seems to be going on between them until the one who had been speaking turns back to you all, "Well, we don't have much of a choice really. What do you propose? How should we go about getting out of here?"
    He sheathes his swords and removes the remaining tatters of rope from his wrists, "The Orc's and Hobgoblins have patrols every few hours between here and Blossomwood. This lot was only half of the group that captured us in the first place."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. Top - End - #767
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "If this was half of them, then we should have little trouble with the other half." Golabur says haughtily. "Regardless, let us make a hasty exit."

  18. Top - End - #768
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner chuckes slightly at Raif, gesturing to the crossbow bolt in his side "Just this, but I can work through it, others probably need help more than I do, tend to our new elven allies." Drayner takes a deep breath before grunting as he removes the bolt, tearing off a little of his cape and patching it up to stop the bleeding.

    Drayner will help one of the elves onto his horse and will move ahead when everyone else is ready. "We may want to move quickly, they are wondering what happened I believe it would work in our best interest to make a hasty exit as our friend Halabur has said.".
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  19. Top - End - #769
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Right now? My companions seem to favour a speedy exit, trusting in the swiftness of our mounts and the confusion of our enemies to buy us a lead. I favour a mixed approach myself; I would give you a rope to loop around your hands to feign imprisonment, while we lead you off as though prisoners.

    We have some magic - stored spells, potions, wands. We can probably manage one full patrol. If there's any more we'll take losses.

    If we could rest anywhere between here and the Blossomwood we could replenish our spells. If you know of such a place then now is a good time to tell us. Do any of you have any magic or magical items?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  20. Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "We have only what you see... Apart from a few supplies, food, water and medical aids. As for places to rest, there may be a few that the patrols have not found out about. The hardest thing will be getting back through the siege lines." says the Elf as he nimbly jumps up behind Drayner's saddle.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  21. Top - End - #771
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif bends down to the badger's level.

    'Farewell, I hope I may call upon you again someday'.

    Raif dismisses the badger. Then Raif reaches Filofax, and calls over the elf with the bow.

    'Let's mount up'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  22. Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa is trying not to sound loud or strict, her missed attacks during the fight still preying on her. "Move. We talk later. Sir Dame, take the lead. I'm on the rearguard. Sorry mate" she observes to the elf possibly behind you. "Gives you a clear shot.

    "Anyway, Sir Dame; that "Million Swords" business; It means a number of things, but most importantly that the reward for being a hero is getting another job that requires a hero, and the gods help you in the eyes of the world if you fail.

    "Secondly that if people start suspecting that you're better than they, then they'll be jealous and bitter, and try to hurt you in a million little ways. Most of which they won't even be consciously aware of.

    "Do not buy into martyrdom. Let the whore's daughter do it. But the whore's daughter would rather avoid the whole situation. We ride".
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-10-31 at 07:52 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  23. Top - End - #773
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Siege lines? As in defending elvish territory? What can we expect when we get there?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  24. Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Adjusting himself properly on the horses flanks, the Elf listens to Verossa and gives a slight nod.
    As the others have mounted he finally replies to Raif, "We're doing our best to defend, but it's getting harder and harder as with each push the Covenanters make we lose more and more men. We've had to retreat further into the forest, but we have managed to keep the enemy out."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. Top - End - #775
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "At least the city stands," The dame said as she helped an elf onto her horse. "Let us ride," With that, she slammed her heels into Valor, hard. They burst out of the fog, making way for the cover of the trees.

  26. Top - End - #776
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif checks the elves are mounted, and that Halabur has secured the orcs' items.

    I will have to have a word with Verossa later - with Dame Elenora too, come to think of it - but now is not the time.

    Raif asks the elf riding with him

    'Do you think you can shoot from the saddle, or will you need to dismount?'

    Whatever the answer, Raif works Filofax up to a trot, and then a canter.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  27. Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa falls into line behind Raif. So, the Blossumwood is beseiged. That's something we weren't told. We may be more useful out of it than in.

    At least it provides and explanation for where the Covenanters in the camps have gone.

    We completely forgot about waiting for the dwarf offensive, didn't we?
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-11-03 at 09:01 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  28. Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the last Elf is dragged up into the saddle and you all make a dash out of the mist you see a group of 20 Hobgoblins running towards where you just fought the Orc's. From the other side you notice another 10 Orc's heading towards the same place.
    When your fully out of the fog they start changing direction, running towards you, some starting to draw weapons.
    The horses now running as fast as they can are only just keeping up with Halabur's pony because of the over abundance of extra weight.
    Even so, you are slowly out distancing the following Covenanters.

    The Elf that had been talking, now mounted behind Raif and holding on as tightly as he can shouts out over the noise of the rushing air and beating hooves, "What are you planning on doing? The forest is over half a day away and surrounded by enemies! We wont be able to ride right in!"


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  29. Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Yes, it seems Pointytemper's Intelligence is lacking" growled Verossa. "When we've shaken our fan-club back there, we need to find a place to hole up and plan our next move. Although frankly I could see us being more useful outside a beseiged forest than in one."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-11-07 at 10:02 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  30. Top - End - #780
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner falls into group somewhere between Verossa and Elanora, "Who says we plan to? We need to find somewhere where we can review our options, and report back to Tahlrumy, if we weren't told Blossomwood had been sieged, it's entirely possible he hasn't heard, but in any case, we need to make a plan, and that starts with getting out of here."

    Drayner follows Raif ushering a quick glance behind them at the approaching group, looking for any with bows or who look like they might be casting a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[17]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •