Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see any who look to be casting spells, and a few are carrying bows, but are running too hard to try and take a shot


    Mailali:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have heard the name Tahlruamy before. You know he's extreamly high up in the High Kings court and is the highest ranking general in the Coalition.
    Could these creatures have been telling the truth when they said they were Coalition spies?


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa closes her eyes a little, then turns back over her shoulder, looking at the pursuers. "Best you don't waste your arrows right now, mate", she remarks to the Elf behind her. "Just hold on to me--no, a little lower. Time for that later, maybe.

    "Thirty of them, eight of us. But the Orcs might have a problem working with the hobos. Very tempting to think about drawing them out over distance, letting them split up and exhaust themselves, and then bushwhacking them one lot at a time. Very tempting."


    She bites her lip and checks the path ahead. "Too much so, maybe"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The elf who had been talking for his group sofar looks at the groups behind them, then shrugs: "If we can split them into little groups.....How much of a hurry are we in, anyway?"
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "We're in Covenanter territory and being chased by 4-to-one superiors numbers in the direction of another pack of Covenanters. How much hurry to you imagine we're in? Exactly that much."

    Can't do much of anything until we shake the pursuit. Or deal with it one way or the other


    She speaks conversationally to the rider before her (probably Raif) "Pass the word up to Ser Dame: Don't ride straight for the Blossemwood. I recommend south-west. Away from the main Covernanter concentration facing the Dwarves."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Exactly my point, my newfound friend. Will you let us guide you away from danger? At least from this current predicament. I bet we know these lands better than you do."
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Simba:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know of a small series of caves about 12 miles from the southern border of Blossomwood that you can, with luck, reach by midnight (about 8 hours from now) that could be used as a good hiding place. Only problem is, you don't know exactly where the caves are.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "There are some caves a few miles of in that direction. We should be able to reach them around midnight if we hurry. They would provide a hiding place and shelter and are more defensible than the open land. Would thet be to your liking?"
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  8. - Top - End - #788
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur visibly shivers at the mention of caves as visions of bugbears and goblins fill his head. Kask!

    He clears his throat, but still very pale, and says "I'll admit, I feel a bit useasy going underground. But I guess at this point we can't afford to be picky. That'll have to do."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa's eyes narrow. "Caves are something we can't withdraw from. If we are bottled up in one, we are done. I'll chance it, but we need to lose our fangirls first" she turns and shouts back at the pursuers. "Sorry, lads, I never loved you. I just said that to get you into bed! Except for you." And blows a kiss.

    Then quickly minds the path before her. "One should never miss a chance to befuddle the enemy"
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-11-08 at 11:22 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif shouts back to Verossa.

    'Splitting them into smaller groups and engaging them separately sounds promising'.

    Raif Clearsight casts a look back...

    'Though there are an awfully large number...'

    Raif Clearsight calls to the elf riding pillion.

    'There are some vials in my equipment bag, fetch one out, but handle it very carefully - no not that one - yes that one. If the foe close within 20ft throw it, but make sure you throw it far, and away from any of us'.

    Raif becomes aware Verossa is saying something.

    'What? Oh M'LADY' Raif bellows to attract Elenora's attention. Then Raif indicates the direction southwest and turns Filofax that way.

    Over the beat of the horses hooves Raif Clearsight hears something about caves...

    'Caves make great shelters - for everything'. thinks Raif.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The dame heard Raif's voice and snapped her head towards him. She watched his gestures before giving him a nod back, turning Valor in the way he directed.

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa is discussing more private matters with the Elf on her saddlebow. "Look, I said a little lower. Not that much. Like I said, maybe later. You're just distracting me."

    "Too soon. Divine, we can outpace them. Let's do so. And if the strongest and hardiest of them wind up in front, and unsupported by the lesser, why then we pick off the strongest and hardiest while they're tired, and while we are comparatively fresh.

    "We lead them a merry chase, we might turn on them, but the thing we do not do is need them straight back to our hidey-hole. Or pick a fight before we need to.

    "We're going to fight dirty, Raif Clearsight. Understand?"
    She smiles in a way that bares all her teeth.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks around back at the enemy giving pursuit, asking the elf behind him how well he can ride.

    Turning back to the group he asks out "what do you all say to me giving them a little hell as they chase after us?" black energy sparks at his fingertips as he speaks, he knows he can, he just isn't quite sure if it will work to their advantage. "If it turns into a fight, I would prefer to not have to fight them in the force they are in now"

    Drayner will wait for everyone's answer before attempting to do anything (likely stupid).
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur chuckles darkly, "I can see that as a good possibility. Are you sure that's totally a good idea? I mean, what if it only attracts attention to our position. We've got at least 30 uglies chasing after us and who knows how many more back in the camp."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif does hear Verossa's last comment, and chuckles melodiously,

    'Haha, as though you or I know any other way'.

    Seems some of those slurs against elves might have a real basis.

    Raif Clearsight replies to Drayner.

    'If you think you can, Drayner, by all means, but remember, if you fall or lose control of your horse, we can't come back for you. Also remember, until I rest, you're the only one who can provide any meaningful healing'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, the last post was Raif helping the elf find a vial of Alchemists' Fire.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-11-08 at 07:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the enemy camps slowly disappear into the distance the Hobgoblins and Orc's start dropping off as well, out of breath and exhausted.
    If you look back you can see that there are only about half the number of followers still chasing after you.
    Unfortunately, the enemy are not the only ones tiring. Sparklelord, Filofax and Fighter are are also starting to slow down as well. Shadow Stride and Valor still seem as if they are capable of running for a while longer.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa's no horsewoman, but the sounds coming out of Fighter tell her enough. She leans forward; "Can't keep this up and we can't afford to blow the mounts, as is I believe the correct term. Tell Ser Dame to look for a good fighting-stead in which we may deal with fatigued superior numbers while still having an option on retreat. Fifteen's better than thirty, especially if they're tired".
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Agreed'. says Raif, reigning Filofax in, and swinging his leg over the saddle-horn.

    'Let's thin them out here, and give the mounts a rest for now - Drayner, and anyone else with range - pick off their archers, then thin them out. Let them bring the fight to us - I'll be throwing bottled fire as they close - so take care to stand clear, and stay close together - we may have to withdraw quickly'.

    Raif Clearsight mutters something under his breath, and a bright motes of light burst from his hands to touch each of the party.

    'Benedite'.'

    Cast Bless on party, elves, horses.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-11-10 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  19. - Top - End - #799
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I'm on it"

    Drayner looks back, the sparks of dark energy turning into a large spear that he hurls as he twists to look back and throws it, not even looking long enough to see if it hits, as he attempts to keep control of the horse.

    Spoiler
    Show
    *On closest enemy*
    attack (1d20+5)[6]
    damage (2d8)[2]
    assuming they are within 250ft.

    if necessary, ride (1d20+3)[17]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you get off your horse and look back, you can see four Orc's about 1700' in the distance behind you. The Hobgoblins are even further back but gaining slowly.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora stared grimly as the orcs and hobgoblins began to gain on them. Many of the other's horses were beginning to slow down, and they hadn't even made it into the forest. She wasn't even sure how much longer Valor would last. She cursed under her breath.

    But Verossa's words gave her a new sense of hope, however small. She glanced quickly around, looking for a suitable spot to stand against the Covenant.

  22. - Top - End - #802
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur smiles at the crowd of Orcs far behind them. "Heh. I'd imagine it'll take them a chile to catch up. When they get closer I can blast them with a hypnotizing burst and maybe then we can take some of the, out."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    EDIT:((Whoops, I thought we'd already stopped. Ignore))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-11-10 at 10:46 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **The way I'm reading it, you have stopped and Raif is off his horse.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa dismounts, eyeing the approaching throng critically. "If they're smart they'll wait for the Hobs to catch up", she mutters. "But they're Orcs"

    She's tempted to draw a javelin, but the range is insane. And even when the enemy did draw within her reach she'd be better off keeping both hands on the glaive. "Well, lads, looks like we get to wait for a while."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur shifts in his saddle and begins flipping through his spell book a moment before turning towards the group. "Time to strategize then. I suppose I can hypnotize at least 5, but a maximum of 11 Orcs. This is from when they come within 100 feet or so. I can also throw out magic missiles from that range. I also have a Blinding Color Surge and Scorching Ray, but I want to reserve those in case we run into something really nasty." He adds with an eager grin. "And if they get really close I can hit them with my Color Sprays, my personal specialities."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As you wait in the open, watching the advance of the enemy in the distance, you see another 2 Orc's slowing, falling behind the others. Their movements slow and laboured.
    Even further behind them, 6 of the Hobgoblins seem to be having trouble keeping up also, one even falling it it's knees, it's longsword clattering on the hard earth as it slips from his hand.
    Even though they seem to be surcomming to fatigue, the enemy still advances.

    The horses, who just moments before were breathing hard seem to be calming down. Their inhaling of breath becoming slower and more even with every passing second.

    The Elven swordsman climbs down to stand next to Verossa and says, "So this is your plan? To wait to engage them as they arrive? Even the exhausted ones will catch up eventually, then we'll be out numbered almost two to one. Unless you have some secret weapon, I suggest we keep moving, even if we have to leave the horses."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'I have one good heal left, then I'm finished, apart from what you'd call canthrips or orisons'.

    Raif pants, his head aching. So many spells...so quickly.

    'I've got one potion, and five bottles of fire'. Raif draws one and passes it to the elf that rode with him.

    'We can throw them as they close, once maybe. I'd like to hold some back'.

    Raif speaks quickly and a little breathlessly.

    'Drayner and the archer can start to pick them off long range, along with Halabur's spells, when they close to 20ft we can hit them with the fire and more offensive magic, then it will be down to a melee. I could use a wand, if we have one spare. Otherwise - Raif hefts his mace from his belt hook - I'll take the fight to them'.

    Raif turns, looking at Drayner.

    'Please could you use your wand to heal yourself, and our wounded elf companion? There will be little time in battle, and I fear I will not be of much use during combat'.

    Staring bleakly at the distant oncoming figures Raif asks the elf standing next to him

    'Perhaps we could know the names of the warriors we're to fight - and perhaps die - alongside? I am called Raif Clearsight'.

    False Priest of a false God. Raif adds silently in his head.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-11-11 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  29. - Top - End - #809
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Secret weapon you say?" Halabur quips to the Elf with a mischevious wink. "You're looking at it."
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-11-11 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I too can fight at range, lest you would have use of me elsewhere," The dame gestured to the bow across her shoulders. "That said, I am no good at shooting from horseback. I would have to dismount to be of effect,"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •