New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

Verossa tut-tuts. "Thank you Hans, now get yourself hidden. I don't know why everyone seems so set on abandoning the very creatures that give us the mobility advantage. They need a rest, that's all."

She turns her back on the approaching Orcs (who are too far to threaten her, as yet) and gestures behind us, her voice intent. "They are strung out, in both senses of the word. Tired and in a dribble-drabble. All we need do is convince them to come on without reforming and dispatch them as they arrive. We need convince them we're an easy kill.

"So, everyone who shoots or casts get hidden. Everyone who fights stand firm and look like a hopeless last stand. Ser Dame, if it's no disrespect for your mount, it might look good if you made a show of checking Valour's feet for leaks, or his mast for lameless, or his legs for stray ballast, or whatever it is that can go wrong with horses."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eleanora nodded, before dismounting.

"It's alright, easy boy," She said as she inspected the horse, patting his flank to keep him calm. "All is well,"

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif Clearsight nods.

'Aye, m'Lady, it would be good if you could use your skill with the bow too'.

'I agree with Verossa. There's no need to abandon the horses - we cannot run faster than they can walk. We use hit and run tactics, as I believe they're called. We hit the foe's vanguard, disengage, then repeat, until we have either escaped, deterred their pursuit, or annihilated them'.

Raif blinks...

'Halabur, you have a grease trap, do you not? It would be good if you could try to split the attackers with that...'
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-11-12 at 02:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elf glears at Verossa, "My name is not 'Hans'."

Turning and walking back to where the two archers are standing he addresses Raif with a slight smile and a nod, "I would say it was a pleasure Mara, but I believe that would not be entirely try at this moment. Possibly if we make it through this then that could likely change."
    Motioning to the other two Elves he continues, "As for us. This is Minserien Falaeme, from a small forest north of &&&, I am Rochenion Aldalithe of Rubyleaf and this is Caranyan Lasstaththar, our pathfinder from &&&."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mara is Elvish for Priest.

Also, the "&&&" are stand in's for the actual place names I'm now going to have to remember/make up again .
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-12 at 04:15 AM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

5. - Top - End - #815

Verossa raises an eyebrow, "Sorry mate, would you prefer "Fingers"? Anyway, Get hidden and we'll do the introductions after we know who's going to live through this. Best to introduce yourself last, for future reference, although with a name like Lastaththar he's probably very glad he didn't have to pronounce it himself. Verossa Carmine, large lady with a large weapon."

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Looking to the elves, Drayner gives a slight bow and a flourish of his cape."I am Drayner, I hope we can hold them off" Removing his wand from it's pouch Drayner will cast some healing on him and the other injured elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    UMD (for the elf): (1d20+8)[18]
    Heals: (1d8+1)[2]

UMD me: (1d20+8)[15]
    Heals: (1d8+1)[6]

(IF BOTH UMD FAIL, try again) *Elf then Drayner*
    UMD: (1d20+8)[17]
    UMD: (1d20+8)[17]

I think that is right, DC 20 to use the wand? Drayner will keep trying to heal himself and anyone else who needs it if there are any failures.

With the healing done Drayner will nod to the group and go and find a hiding place.

Spoiler
    Show
    hide: (1d20+3)[10]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif Clearsight nods.

'I am honoured to fight by your side, Rochenion Aldalithe of Rubyleaf. What of our fourth companion? May I have your name sir?' Raif asks Maiali.

Once Drayner has healed himself and (Rochenion?) Raif smiles gratefully.

It vexes my heart that I cannot care for them as I should. I took responsibility for their welfare, and in a small way, I have failed. Hopefully I will get a chance to redeem myself.

Raif palms his vial of Alchemists' fire in his off-hand, and hefts his mace. Raif stands in full view, in front of the party and the casters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready Action: Throw Alchemists Fire at first enemy within 20ft

'Keep behind me, the flames will catch a wide area'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

8. - Top - End - #818

GreenSorcererElf

"I can grease up 10' square, if you have a creative application for it I'd love to hear it." Halabur says with a shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"My name is Maiali Orle. Thank you all for rescuing us, we are in your debt. We will of course all assist you to the best of our ability."
    Act well before thinking!

10. - Top - End - #820

ElfWarriorGuy

Tapping the wand, Drayner looks to the elf "Sorry, this doesn't usually happen"

Spoiler
    Show
    healing... AGAIN!
    UMD: (1d20+8)[26]
    UMD: (1d20+8)[27]
    UMD: (1d20+8)[14]

Heal: (1d8+1)[8]
    Heal: (1d8+1)[8]
    Heal: (1d8+1)[7]

I'll roll three, just in case, same deal, Drayner will attempt to heal the injured elf, then himself.

EDIT: okay, both Drayner and the elf heal 8 damage.

Hearing Raif, Drayner will back away behind him, judging his distance to about 60ft away from the closest member of the group to him.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-11-13 at 05:02 AM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Rochenion calls back to Verossa with a snarl in his voice, "And where do you suggest we hide? Behind that blade of grass? Or maybe this stone? If you looked further than the end of your nose you'd realize we're out in the open you stupid human! Just because we're Elves doesn't mean we disappear when we turn sideways you know!" as he draws his swords and strides up next to Raif, waiting for the enemy.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

12. - Top - End - #822

GreenSorcererElf

"We'll, we did talk about hiding in some caves earlier." Halabur says to Rochenion "There's probably not a better place for the moment."
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

'A pleasure to meet you Maiali'.

Raif calls to Halabur,

'Yes, as a matter of fact, try to use the spell to split them up. If you cast it now, they'll walk around it. Catch them in it, and we'll be unable to engage them in melee. The best strategy is to wait until a few close with us, then to cast it. That way, we can deal with them in groups'.

Raif thinks for a moment.

'Halabur...is the grease flammable?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

14. - Top - End - #824

GreenSorcererElf

15. - Top - End - #825

((Now that's low.You never described the terrain. Also, This one's supposed to be the Elf Archer that was on Verossa's saddlebow))

Verossa whistles low at the Elf "Feeds. Nay. Positively thrives on negative energy. You get down and make like a rock, Genius. Or even, since we're not short on time, grab a shovel from our kit and scratch yourself a hole. Seems strangely appropriate.

"And what happened to your bow? Did you drop it while you were trying to explore my forested interior?
    Grin. "Stop whining and focus. I don't want any of our guests getting away".

16. - Top - End - #826

ElfWarriorGuy

Realising no hiding spots are applicable, he stays at the distance he decided and pulls out his spyglass, and looks on to the persuers as well as just general around, looking to the sky at the last second, hoping that big, whatever wasn't coming their way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spyglass makes everything 2x bigger.
    spot check: (1d20+1)[7]

Drayner is essentially counting the troops approaching the group as well as seeing if any are taking up the chase again

Depending on what he finds, Drayner will put the spyglass away, and wait for battle. Come on, get here quickly, this is torture making us wait like this Drayner thinks to himself visibly twitching his hands as small black energy forms at his fingertips.

17. - Top - End - #827

The dame unslung her bow, carefully nocking an arrow to it.

"Now is not the time to antagonize one another," She said coolly, eyeing first Verossa, then Rochenion. "We are all allies in this, and I will not allow our relations to devolve any further. Now then," She turned to the elf. "Do you know of any better location? And if so, can we make it there in time?"

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Draynor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you don't see anything out ordernary you do take in the landscape. Relativly flat land that could have been farmland from the look of how the earth seems to all be about the same level, but due to the war the surface has been torn up and scorched beyond belief.
    In the distance to the south there are the remains of trees, stumps, half cut logs and stripped branches.
    Out infront of you the enemy all seem to be slowing down to what you can only guess to be a fast walk, their weapons hanging from tired fingers.
    Up in the sky is nothing but the sub slowly makibg it's way west towards the horizon. You figure that it's mid to late afternoon (about 4pm).

Rochenion digs one of his blades into the dirt, crouching and watching the Orc's say to Verossa, "I think you have me confused with one of my companions. Look, I think we're both still suffering from heated blood because of the little skirmish we just had. Maybe we should take these moments to make actual plans. As I said, even tired they'll still out number us eventually if all their number have kept up the chase. Whilw I have no qualms about a stand up fight, having an idea of how to escape is never a bad idea."

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Maiali dismounts and takes his place in the front line, at one end if possible. His twin swords are held low, his body relaxed, at ease. A grin slowly spreads across his face as the enemy draws closer.

20. - Top - End - #830

Verossa ambles forward, she's conscious that she can shoot a bow rather better than Ser Dame, but she's not about to say anything about that. "Again, we need to look as pathetic as possible so they don't think of regrouping. If they do, we remount and wear them out a bit more. If they just come on...well-" She shades her eyes and looks at the distant figures.

"I wouldn't put good odds on any of the Orcs even getting to us alive, frankly. The first Hobo group should be a fun fight, but we outnumber them while they're split up like this, and we're just plain sexier. The second group of Hobos look beat. They should be easy enough to clean up. Oh and one other thing. I'm the defensive fighter. I go in front. Your tactical analysis, Fingers, is based on us not doing anything while they all come huffing and puffing over here in dribs and drabs"

21. - Top - End - #831

GreenSorcererElf

"I don't know if the grease will be set aflame, it'd be worth a try I suppose."

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

'Wise words m'Lady, and Rochenion. I think we can defeat this group in combat, but if it proves difficult, then I say we take to the horses again. They seem to be rested now. We can then hit the pursuers again and again until they yield or are destroyed.

Still, I am no soldier, and I am loathe to see anyone hurt unnecessarily. I leave the military assessment up to you'.

Raif Clearsight catches Halabur's eye.

'Good to know. I'm glad that I enquired. Now I know that I may have to keep my distance'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

**Okay peoples, can I get some spot and listen checks off anyone who is not currently watching the torturously slow advance of the Orc's and Hobgoblins please (and yes, the horses can have one as well)**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-15 at 07:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #834

((Aaaah, perception, my only weakness!))

Spoiler
    Show
    Verossa:Spot(1d20-1)[11]
    Listen (1d20-1)[13]

Fighter:
    Spot(1d20+4)[7]
    Listen(1d20+4)[8]

25. - Top - End - #835

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]Spot (1d20+1)[4]
    Listen(1d20+3)[7]

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+6)[14]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[19]

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif has his eyes focused on the distant Orcish company.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (looking at Orcs and Hobs) (1d20+4)[9]
    Listen (1d20+4)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #838

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[20]
    Spot: (1d20)[20]

29. - Top - End - #839

Ser Dame...

30. - Top - End - #840

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Does she get XP for that? There's only a 1/400 chance of that happening!