Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "As I said, I would rather not mess with something large, four legged, and with mental faculties barely exceeding that of the average Paladin, but we need speed to cross the rowan without running foul of the Covenanters. Stealth is too much a gamble; we'd only have to be unlucky once."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-18 at 09:53 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif gives the man a few moments to spread the news. Then struts imperiously to the Saltmist encampment, bellowing orders to find the false cleric as he goes. Then he waits until the camp is in suitable uproar and he has attracted a big enough audience.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur follows Raif eagerly to see what he does next.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa, of course, has little idea what's going on. But she does ground her glaive suddenly.

    "An imposter Saltmist! Why it beggars the imagination! Who would think somebody would want to be him? Except somebody carrying a wand of some high-radius damage spell in the middle of an encampment including most of our commanders! Quickly! My friends! My comrades! To the Saltmist commanderie!! Let's have this out!"

    And then she stands there, directing the traffic, and chewing on the scenery.
    "Come on! Lads, Lasses, gentlemen of experience! The fate of our alliance may depend on you! And what you do right now!"

    ((I am scared to make the bluff check, but still:
    (1d20+7)[8]))

    EDIT: Of course. She would fail to be a liar at this point.

    "Or don't listen to me! I'm just a hyperparanoid chick with a 2-handed slashing weapon!"
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-19 at 09:10 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Bluff:(1d20+7)[10]

    ((Rerolls probably aren't allowed. But she'd try. And wow, she's having the worst luck ever.))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-19 at 09:11 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Bellowing at False Lord Belkinstair's vassals, false Lord Belkinstair cries 'None of us were chosen for the mission. This is clearly a sign the Gods show are displeased with us. Come, I command you all to repair to your lodgings. There, remove your clothes. We will spend the night naked, fasting and purifying ourselves to show the Gods we have heard them, and we repent'. Servants! Take all the clothes; every stitch, go and collect them from the tents, and put every last garment of mine and my vassals into soak overnight! We must scrub away this taint!'

    false Lord Belkinstair pauses. 'and when you have done that, take the rest of the day off! Really go out and enjoy yourselves. But first, someone bring me that false Cleric, that's taken noble Belkinstair's appearance!'
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-07-19 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess that that will need a fresh Bluff roll.
    (1d20+3)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20)[15]
    Sense Motive.


    Lord Belkinstir, may we have a word?

    I step by him and whisper

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sir, Commands of such a nature, are so, well, unlike you. Are you sure that you truly intend such orders? I hope these orders of yours at least help us reveal the identity of the imposter of Lord Belkinstir
    Last edited by ExtravagantEvil; 2012-07-19 at 11:12 AM.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the crowd gathers around 'Lord Belkenstair', some listening with wrapped expressions on their faces, others are shaking their head or waving their arms in dismissal.
    From deeper in the camp comes a very loud commotion. The rattling of weapons and clank of armour can be heard coming closer and closer until finally a group of knights start pushing through the crowd, forcing their way to the front.
    From the center of the encircling knights, Lord Belkenstair, Steward of Saltmist steps forward, "WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! WHO ARE YOU? WHY DO YOU PRETEND TO BE ME? ANSWER OF I'LL HAVE YOU CUT DOWN ON THIS VERY SPOT!" he screams, his chubby face turning a bright crimson which creeps up over his bald scalp.
    One of the knights, a tall, solid looking man steps up to the second Steward of Saltmist, slowly drawing a large greatsword from over his shoulder, "You will answer the Lord Saltmist now, or I swear I shall cover this ground with your blood.

    The crowd, seeing this exchange between what appears to be an imposter and the real Steward decide it would be better if they did not linger, lest they get accused of treachery and slowly start to go back to what they were doing before the 'Lord' started giving his orders.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner watches as the rest of his companions leave the tent, he gives a genuinly amused smile, and runs out of the tent. "See you in about an hour, well, some of us will"

    Drayner runs along with the croud and finds a nice area far away, just within earshot, from the Belkinstars to watch all of this unfold.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Well, this is amusing. But way above my pay grade. thinketh Verossa. I think the best place to watch this tableau unfold is "away"

    She slips back into the crowd as unobtrusively as a tall, polearm-armed high-charisma woman in the middle of a miltary camp can.

    ((Wait, she never said which Saltmist she thought was an imposter. She just encouraged the idea that there was one. Then blew the roll. I've got no idea what impression that makes.))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-19 at 09:48 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora watched the proceedings worriedly, trying to stay back and draw as little attention to herself as possible. But when the young knight stepped up to the real Lord Belkenstair's side, she knew that she would have to act.

    It was Arrik Lansburg.

    The last time she had seen him, she had defeated him in the finals of a tourney joust in Autumnstar. In the aftermath, he had laid low several squires unlucky enough to have ended up in his way, and it took the threat of the entire guard to end his rampage. That was only a few months ago, and Eleanora was willing to bet that was nowhere near enough time for him to have evened out his fearsome temper. He was not the type to suffer slights quietly.

    "Arrik!" She called, as she strode into the Saltmist camp. "Stand down! Do you truly wish to spill blood in a meeting of equals? Here? In the gathering of the few remaining free kingdoms?" She gestured to the camps around her. "We are the last bastion of hope left in this land! Would you squander that now, over so petty an insult? If we fight here, than the Covenant has already won!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+8)[23]


    "Lord Saltmist," She said, turning her attention away from the knight for a moment. "I understand that such an attempt on your honor is not to be taken lightly, especially in regards to recent events. But milord Belkenstair, I beg of you, please sort this out with the Council! You need not let this stand, but now is not the time for a confrontation!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+8)[28]
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-07-19 at 11:41 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa does her best to slip through the crowd to stand behind Dame Eleanora in support. Arguing with Knights and almost-monarchs isn't something she's going to do.

    Giving my teammate and superior as much support as possible when she's talking sense and doing her job, on the other hand, is precisely my pay grade.

    ((Aid another. She will remain silent unless addressed. You know, Lawful.))
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur yells at the arriving lord and knight, "There is the false Lord Belkinstair!" and casts Prestidigitation to create a red halo about him. "See!?! He has wrapped himself in illusion magic! "

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    false Lord Belkinstair glowers at Dame Elenora.

    'Alright, fair lady, your words have persuaded me to listen to counsel for now, but I shall be satisfied shortly!'

    Then false Lord Belkinstair smiles, and turns to False Lord Belkinstair.

    'Be not offended. Surely this guise is more pleasing to you than all others? My point is this: if the sign, the appearance of Lord Belkinstair can be counterfeited so easily, then how shall Lord Belkinstair be known? This perceptive young man gives the answer - by his actions. I called for penance for myself and vassals, and a day off for my servants and he knew me instantly - think on that.

    false Lord Belkinstair is speaking very quickly, and dodging, if necessary.

    As for your honour, I do mean to challenge it. Think on this, if Lord Belkinstair is to be known by his actions, then his actions today have given us cause to doubt him'.

    The false Lord Belkinstair's face screws up in rage in a mimicry of his earlier expression then slowly grows younger, until it is the face of a petulant child. Then Clearsight dismisses the glamour.

    'Thank you for bearing with me. I know exactly why you and your vassals were not chosen for this mission. Let me tell you! You are not liars, you are not false, you are not deceitful, cunning or underhand. All qualities which will be richly prized in infiltration.

    Raif's voice is slightly clearer, even more youthful - and his way of speaking is quite different from usual.

    'Despite this, a good and virtuous nature may be a tool of evil, if it puts the authority of an arbitrary lawgiver before goodness, or trusts too much in it's own goodness to heed the law. Above all think on this, I pray. I give this advice, in the spirit of compassion, and impart this lesson as a gift from my God. All I have done today was for your own benefit'.

    Raif turns to the one Elenora called Arrik.

    'I note that you were not deceived in your master - or are you - there may be hope for you yet. If you honest men still wish to strike at this Holy man, you may do so'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check (1d20+3)[16]


    Then it's as if something gives way in the Cleric, and suddenly something about his posture shifts.

    'Well, at least we've told all the lie in plain sight on the honest mens' brows'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa keeps her face still, her weapon high, and her eyes on Arrik. But no-one can stop her thinking.

    Children's games. This is no time for a Westphalian Fire Drill.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I stand awestruck through this entire gaff and procedure.


    How could this be, not 20 minutes in do I see chaos reign among the team...I cannot stand by this, this is childish nonsense...Now is the time for action.



    Oh master of tomfoolery, and knower of all truths and untruths, may you have a word with this righteous doer of good, and your voluntary leader. Surely, you can give


    I say gruffly at the end, my voice growing stoic and stiff, away from the over the top parody into vitriol and annoyance as I drag him to the side, seeking an audience

    (Will wait for a response from Clearsight before I continue, see if he seeks to escape or get in a word edgewise
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner carefully checks through all of his equipment, while standing back making sure his kit is inside the bedroll, his belt pouches carefully tied, and cloak done up correctly, checks and polishes his spyglass before giving it a quick look through.

    After the full check he looks around, before taking a comforting position, watching the charade continue to unfold, trying to hold back laughter at some points, while allowing chuckles to slip through at others.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless anything particularly interesting happens, Drayner will just wait until the hour is up, or someone draws attention to him.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-21 at 08:36 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight doesn't attempt to escape as Daranad Zophokiel launches into his speech. Indeed, Clearsight smiles and nods attentively.

    But Clearsight does circle surreptitiously around Zophokiel slowly, so that Zophokiel is between Clearsight, and Lord Belkinstair and Arrik. Clearsight also puts a hand on Halabur to manoeuvre him behind Zophokiel as well.

    When Zophokiel points out that he is leader Clearsight responds.

    'Indeed, you are our leader, and as your follower, I should take no action without your approval'.

    Then Clearsight lets Zophokiel continue, keeping an eye on Lord Belkinstair and Arrik.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Arrik backs down a step as Eleanora strides up, berating him about his actions, he watches as she then turn to the Lord Steward and does the same. The tall woman with the glaive behind her looking ready to strike if need be.
    He thinks back to that day on the tourny ground and scowls, but slowly nods along with Dame Wench, at least she's talking sense.

    "Oh believe me, the Council will here about this Dame, and I will be making sure that all of you are thrown in chains! The Lord Stewards voices calls out from behind Arrik, just before the little, brightly dressed Gnome jumps forwards, pointing at Lord Belkenstair.
    Arrik turns to see the red glow around his Leige, not truely understanding what, not hearing what the little 'man' said afterwards.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "You dare carry on with these insults?! Not only will you rot in chains, I'll have you paraded through the streets where even the lowliest begger can see they are above you! Belkenstair screams, his anger rising even more, fire of pure hate igniting in his stomach as the pretender carries on.
    "Oh, I can see the truth as clearly as you, oh yes. You're all in league with that Devil worshipper! All this subterfuge, all this gile... Yes, you tricked your way into being chosen for the Council's fool gambit, now you're going to running back to your true masters so you can tell them everything!.... MEN! SEIZE THEM! Arrik! Go fetch the Council so they can see that I have saved us all from these treacherous creatures of darkness! Belkenstair chokes out as he starts laughing, ignoring anything else said to try and persuade him to reconsider.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa, letting etiquette slide, lifts her glaive skyward. " Soldiers! Stand fast! No-one seizes anyone in the camp of the alliance! No-one worships any devil, or is a devil, or has made so much as a complimentary remark about devils. These men are fools, but they're our fools! Let us stop wasting time and point them in the right direction so they can pull these peregrinations on the foe we can all name!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Please be good))
    Diplomacy:(1d20+7)[25]


    She nods to Dame Eleanora and adds in a somewhat lower voice;"Beg pardon, Ser Dame. Anticipating your leave."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora nodded back to Verossa, as a grim expression crept across her face.

    "Lord Belkenstair, I humbly request you rescind your slanderous accusations," Eleanora said, with an icy tinge to her voice. "My compatriot here speaks the truth; we are all innocent of the crime you have laid upon us. Fetch the Council if you must set your mind at rest, for we are guiltless! But, Lord Saltmist, should you insist upon your calumnious manner of conduct," She rested her hand on the hilt of her sword. "I shall brook no further disrespect toward my companions or Lord, and will defend their honor accordingly."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+8)[13] (If another roll is allowed, otherwise Aid Another on Verossa)

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From your vantage point on the hill you can see the confrontation that is happening. You see the real Lord Belkenstair pointing at the rest of your new companions, the big Knight who had been threatening the Cleric running off back towards the main encampment and the rest of the gathered Saltmist men-at-arms start to surround your companions.


    Verossa & Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: I'm going to use Verossa's diplomacy roll backed up with the Aid Another from Eleanora)

    As Sir Arrik turns to run, following Belkenstair's orders the other gathered Saltmist men-at-arms place hands on weapons or raise shields, taking slow steps towards you and your companions until Verossa makes her speech, followed up by Dame Eleanora's. They look from side to side, looking unsure of what to do, torn between obeying their lord and following the heartfelt pleas of a known battle leader and an annointed Knight of the Realms.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-23 at 03:39 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight smiles as Lord Belkinstair raves.

    'Lower than the worst beggar? I've been there. I've lived that life. I fled into chains to escape it'.

    Whilst Belkinstair rants, Raif slowly unties the string at the neck of his vestments and pulls back the top so that his torso is exposed. Then Raif Clearsight turns to reveal his back. It's a mass of scars-he's clearly been flogged on several occasions. Clearsight turns back

    'There's nothing that you could do to me that the cult and its people haven't done already, save kill me. Will you treat me as they did? I ask you to recall the point I tried to make about our actions and ourselves'.

    'Yet please, know that my companions had nothing to do with this. Do not blame them for my transgressions. After all, we've only just met'.

    When Belkinstair mentions the Council, Clearsight looks puzzled.

    'The Council? But they saw me transform, did they not? They said something needed to be done about Lord Belkinstair. I thought that this was their wish?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa briefly drops to one knee and up again. I'd usually bow, but I don't want to keep my eyes off them.

    "Lord Berkinstair, I pardon my rank, and I speak with all respect to remind you that you are the Steward of Saltmist, not my master or general. You have no authority over the Chosen of the Council except by courtesy. You have been wronged here. Foolishly. But you have no right, reason, or authority to order us detained.

    "We will deal with these jackanapes, and put them to our own discipline for the insult they have offered you."
    She gives Raif and Halabur a Look. "And then we shall get on with saving the world. Which includes Saltmist, if my education was not in error."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner sets his bedrool under his cloak, and begins to walk down to the group, and stands behind the big knight before speaking, to no-one in particular. (positioning himself, outside the group of soldiers that are surrounding his new-found assosciates)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+3)[9]


    "LORD BELKINSTAR!... are you saying you question your superiors decision? Their choice of us? You are still a soldier, and it is about time you started ACTING like one, you are condemning not only you, but everyone who follows you as well. You have expressed that you believe we weren't the right choice, but right now would you pick yourself to go on this mission? Questioning a superior, what would you allow if somebody questioned an order you gave?"

    Drayner takes a deep breath and prepares his voice for one final statement.

    "THIS MATTER DOES NOT NEED TO ESCALATE! CALL OFF YOUR MEN, AND WE CAN LEAVE THIS MATTER BE!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on what is needed (1d20)[5]
    +9 if bluff (I don't think I lied)
    +5 if diplomacy
    +4 if Intimidate
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    You're going to get us all chained...it was important for our ministry...no, it was important for us. It's not fair to get others in trouble. Maybe it might have worked, but it clearly didn't

    Raif prostrates himself before Lord Belkinstair.

    'I am deeply sorry, Lord Belkinstair. Please believe me, I intended no slight to your honour, and I throw myself upon your mercy. Please know also, that this was my idea alone, and that I acted alone in it. Whatever I may have thought, this was a mistake'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "We humbly apologize oh lord, we were all fooled by this trickster. As for my actions, I thought I was defending your person. I beg forgiveness oh great lord." Halabur lies through a facade of tears.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+1)[21]


    Edit: YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-23 at 09:10 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The soldiers, seeming to be swayed more by your arguments than by the irate, senseless commands from their lord, step back, letting weapons drop back into scabbards, lowering shield. Even the Saltmist Knights stop their advance.
    Glancing from side to side Belkenstair frowns as he see's his men hesitating, "What are you waiting for you fools?! I gave you an order! SEIZE THEM!"
    Seeing that no one is going to follow the commands he snarls, "If you're all too craven, then I'll do it myself!" he rages as he draws his sword, stepping forward and taking a swing at the prostrate Cleric.

    Before the blade can come into contact it stops, mere inches from the back of Raif's head, Belkenstair's whole body rigid.
    From behind you hear the raised voices in multiple different languages, one voice standing out the most, Tahlruamy's.
    "This is not acceptable... not at all. You six," he points at you, "To my tent now! Fernard, relieve Lord Saltmist of his weapons and post a watch over him. The rest of you, BACK TO YOUR POSTS!" Shouts the Elf Lord, his face a mask of fury, his other arm outstretched towards the stricken Steward, the rest of the Council gathered around behind him, all except the old Human Queen.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-24 at 04:14 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa steps forwards and drags Raif back by the rear of his collar, swings him around, and walks him away in the indicated direction."Now you," she says cheerfully. "Have six options, you can be disciplined by me, you can be disciplined by the Dame, you can be disciplined by the orator, you can be disciplined by the gnome or you can disciplined by Mr Eldritch. Care to guess the sixth one?"
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-24 at 05:28 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •