Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 900 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Machuchang View Post
    ((I can honestly say that you have never given me that impression. ))
    **Why thank you . Just wait till I have a really bad day and get hacked off because you've just screwed my storyline seven ways from Sunday by doing something really simple and obvious that I never thought would would actually be said/done .**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    Just goes to prove I'm not a complete b%@tard .
    I never got this impression either, I think you're fair and easygoing. I am sorry to hear we've messed up your plot though... And honestly I'm not sure how we have. (But like you said it was simple and obvious so I feel plenty guilty now).

    Halabur looks back in time to see the fireball flying towards him. "I seem to have underestimated..." he starts before the fireball hits the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Halabur: (1d20+3)[21]
    Sparklelord: (1d20+4)[21]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **You haven't screwed my plot up since Lord Balkenstair. I'm just saying if I'm having a bad day and you screw with me, I'll screw back with a rotorary hoe .**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-18 at 08:57 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    @Malak'ai: You've always seemed fair to me.

    Reflex save Raif (1d20+1)[17]
    Reflex save Filofax (1d20+4)[16]


    Rolling from the flames that lick around him, Raif blinks and shakes his head, trying to understand what just happened.

    'Yes. I think they definitely have magical support'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-11-18 at 11:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa growls and brushes at smoldering horsehair. "Hopefully not too much more of that. Who's down?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  6. - Top - End - #876
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora screamed as the blast of fire hit her full-force. She tightened her grip on the reins, and pulled hard, slowing Valor to a halt. Quickly, she turned, to the assess the well-being of the rest of her party.

  7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex save for Maiali: (1d20+7)[25]


    Maiali jumps and rolls, getting caught in the edge of the blast. He comes up caughing, his clothing slightly singed at the edges, burnmarks on his face and arms.
    Last edited by Simba; 2012-11-19 at 03:18 AM.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Eleanore, Drayner and Shadow Stride all take the full 23 points of damage.
    Everyone else takes 11 points, which still takes out poor little Sparkle Lord


    As the flames burn out after the explosion leaving the dirt blackened, what grass and vegetation that had started growing back is now shriveled and burning.
    When the smoke clears and you look round, most of you seem to singed, but still up, except for Drayner, Shadow Stride and Sparklelord who are all laying on in the dirt, their skin cracked and blistered as their bodies still smoulder.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-19 at 04:04 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((Doesn't Eleanora take full damage too?))

  10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Machuchang View Post
    ((Doesn't Eleanora take full damage too?))
    **I KNEW I forgot someone when I typed it up... Will fix it just a moment.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  11. - Top - End - #881
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Drayner begins to turn in an attempt to shield himself from the majority of the blast, shadow trips up and as quickly as it started Drayner falling from the horse his body badly burned.

    Spoiler
    Show
    -5/18hp remaining for Drayner.
    -1/22 for shadow stride
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif takes the barest second to take in the carnage before him. His grey eyes widen as they take it in. The smell of ash and char assaults him.

    Then Raif moves with a single will, towards the one immobile party member.

    Looking at the angry red burns appearing all over Drayner Raif concentrates on the image of Drayner as he had been just seconds before, willing him to return to that state.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Burn Eagle's Splendour for Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3)[13]


    'Come back!'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #883
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    With a loud gasp Drayner rises, looking around seeing the fallen horse and pony Drayner will rise with a grunt, grabbing his leg which took most of the flames for him, he quickly digs out the wand, and looks around looking at Raif but talking to everyone within direct earshot "what's the plan here guys? stay and fight or heal the horses and keep running?" Drayner will attempt healing on Shadow Stride to begin with unless stopped or asked to heal someone else.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of cure light wounds (48 charges)
    UMD: (1d20+8)[27]
    heals (1d8+1)[2]

    Drayner: 8/18hp
    Shadow:-1/22hp + (healing above hopefully)

    If Drayner is stopped, the person who get's that bout of healing is going to be a little dissapointed.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-11-19 at 05:22 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa dismounts and puts herself between Drayer and the pursuers. "That was a nice trick!" she shouts. "Got any more?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Drayner gets up, Raif is relieved.

    'By the time we get the horses they will be upon us. We must fight'.

    Raif glances around briefly then calls out

    'Everyone, spread out! We don't want to be hit like that again'.

    Raif downs his potion of Cure Light Wounds

    Spoiler
    Show
    Potion: (1d8+1)[2]


    'Master Drayner! Your wand and Halabur's potions are all we have left. Might I use the wand to free up you for attacking? I'll pay for the charges we use'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. - Top - End - #886
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Hearing Verossa, Drayner smiles "It's not just a trick, it can actually be useful sometimes... just not now, we'll see how well the damn thing works during the fight"

    Drayner looks to Raif, pat's the injured horse on the neck and passes the wand to Raif "Pay me with keeping everybody you can alive. Drayner will begin jogging apart from the group, stopping when his leg starts to ache, he prepares to throw eldritch spears as soon as the persuers get into range.

    Spoiler
    Show
    range = 250ft, aiming at the spellcaster, or if Drayner is unable to see him any enemy with a bow.

    (1d20+5)[19]
    (2d8)[7]


    Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wand has 47 charges left
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-11-19 at 07:07 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Ser Dame!" shouts Verossa, a little more loudly than she needs. "Might I borrow your bow and some shafts? I know I should have bought my own. And everyone fan out behind me."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  18. - Top - End - #888
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The dame nodded, then tossed her bow and arrows to the hexblade. She dismounted, drank a potion, then unsheathed her sword.

    "Let them come," She growled as she took her place to Verossa's right.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Potion: (1d8+1)[9]

  19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I have got to get one of these for myself" purrs Verossa. "But they get in the way when you have a Polearm as well" She lines up and takes a shot at the enemy Wizard.

    ((No idea of range bracket, so I'll be leaving that to you. I also can't remember what Ser Dame's bow actually is, but she's got the same strength mod as Verossa, so anything she can use, Verossa can use. I'm just rolling this as a standard longbow. If it's composite, she's a strength bonus in there for damage. It probably won't hit anyway))

    Attack:(1d20+6)[7]Damage(1d8)[1]CCR(1d20+6)[18]

    ((What did I tell you?))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-11-19 at 12:17 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  20. - Top - End - #890
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    (I posted earlier, but it appears to have been eaten)

    Halabur struggles to get to his feet, surveying the field of scorched grass about him. He then turns to see his beloved Sparklelord in flames.

    "NOOO!" he cries as visions of flaming gnomes and laughing goblins filled his vision as a scaled foot blocked his vision.

    He stood up quickly, "DIRTY GOBLINS!" he yells at the advancing orcs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    if in range he fires a magic missile

    (1d4+1)[4]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the smoke fully clears you see Rochenion and the other two Elves stumbling back to their feet.
    The two archers seem to be still quite shaken as they join the line, bows at the ready with arrows knocked. Rochenion, wobbling as he slowly strides over to Raif, "That could have been bad..."

    You all watch as Drayner's bolt and Halabur's missiles streak through the air, striking the oncoming Orc's. Verossa's arrow flying only a short way before skidding along the ground harmlessly.

    **Spotchecks everyone.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-19 at 09:41 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  22. - Top - End - #892
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner takes a deep breath and wipes his eyes down from the sweat, looking around for his next target.

    Spot: (1d20+1)[12]

    *did I hit the spellcaster? or just a random bow-using orc?*
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **I'll tell you when I have the results from the Spot Checks .**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  24. - Top - End - #894
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur comes to his senses and looks around for an escape.

    (1d20+1)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hellís heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumorís sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

  25. - Top - End - #895
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora could feel her flesh warping and tightening from the burns. Sweat dripping down her face, she grimaced, squinting her eyes as she peered into the smoke.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[20]

  26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Spread out and hold. Don't panic. We'll deal with these like we dealt to the people of Bethshemesh"

    Spot (1d20-1)[13]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spot: (1d20+8)[17]
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight takes a few steps back, to put distance between him and the front line - making sure that they're spread out. Raif has gathered himself now - become cool and collected as he assigns healing priorities in his mind.

    'Halabur, I know you have potions. They should work on Sparklelord. Use them if you wish, but make sure you take one yourself'.

    Raif points the wand at Elenora

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds (1d8+3)[10]
    If Free, Spot Check (1d20+4)[19], otherwise Raif's too busy healing to look.


    Raif will use the wand on Verossa next, if there's time before the enemy close.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Orc's keep charging towards you, the magical attacks not seeming to have any effect on them what so ever.

    Eleanora, Mailali and Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While watching when Halabur and Drayer fire their blasts at the Orc's you see the magical energies pass right through them, causing the Orc's to shimmer a little before becoming solid again
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-11-20 at 08:08 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((UM, How close are they?))
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •