New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

Minserien pipes up as Raif finiahes asking his question, "I was returning with my company. We stopped in Blossomwood for a few days rest and to resupply before setting out again. But the Covenant forces arrived... Not all at once... But there were enough of them that we couldn't just leave the others to defend by themselves."

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

'Are you saying that you were taken within the Blossemwood itself, Minserien?' queries Raif.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Minserien (1d20+5)[18]

'What about you Rochenion, Mailali?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense no falsehood in the Elf's tale.

"Well, not into the main city itself. All the military camps were close to the edge of the wood, and that's all we needed to go to." Minserien continues.

Rochenion takes up just after his companion finishes, "I was a part of the defense at Bellowing Peak. Only 3 others of my company made it out." he says in what you take to be a sorrowful voice, "I don't actually remember entering Blossomwood... I was near death from injuries and infection, but yes, I've been into the center of the City."

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

'Ah, I see. In that case, I think it would be a good idea after all to proceed to the Blossemwood. I'm sorry to hear of all that you have suffered. Hopefully we can be of some small assistance to your homeland'.

'Speaking of which, do any of us have any idea of the direction from here? This looks like rather broken country, in which we'd be vulnerable to ambush or surprise - any thoughts on how best to traverse it?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

"There's very few places where messengers have been able to slip out through the lines... I don't think a group this size will be able to make it back through." Caranyan says, "Besides, we still have our mission to complete."

Rochenion nods, looking to Minserien as if waiting for him to make a decision.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

'Ah - I see. Well, your devotion to your duty certainly does you credit. It might be helpful if you could tell us about your mission - it may be that it is compatible with ours and that we can assist'.

'Of course, if your mission is confidential, I understand completely, and I will not press the point'.

Raif looks out across the dusty hills ahead.

'So, these hills are not known to you?'

'I've little knowledge of navigation and the wilderness...'

Raif looks at the position of the sun, estimates the time of the day, and tries to work out North, South, East and West.

Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Survival Check: (1d20+4)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can search your memory for every little scrap of knowledge you have ever heard, read or figured out about telling direction and surviving in the wilderness.
    You can easily tell that you're facing between South and South-West, and as far as you can see the rolling hills continue for quite a way.
    As you look up at the sky, you guess it's approximately 1.30 - 2pm in the afternoon.

Rochenion laughs a little, "Our mission isn't so covert that we cannot tell you. We have been charged with getting back into Coalition territory and giving King Astaral's report to the Council."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif smiles.

'Well, you may be in luck - we can make limited contact with the Council - we could relay any urgent details of the report on your behalf'.

'Though, I suspect that you are quite right to take the message there in person - I don't entirely trust conveying messages by such methods...and I have some private doubts...'

'Anyway, it looks as though we may soon part ways. I'd suggest we find somewhere with cover to camp, so that we may heal our wounds and recover our spells. Then, in the morning, perhaps you'd best head for the Coalition lines, whilst we head into the Blossemwood'.

Raif points to the east.

'I think the Blossemwood's in that direction, isn't it?'

Anyhow, Mailali, do you have any idea where these caves are? Someone certainly mentioned caves, and there doesn't appear to be anywhere else around here likely to serve as a good camp site. At least, without attracting more unwanted attention, that is'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I have a rough idea where they are, but I have never seen them myself. I am sure we will find them once we get there."
    Last edited by Simba; 2013-01-16 at 02:38 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

'Excellent. Sounds as good a place as any around here to camp. If you just lead off in the general direction, we'll keep a look out for the caves'.

'After that, I think we will have to head east for the Blossemwood, whilst you head west for the lines. We'll write out a letter of introduction for you, which should help get you through'.

Unless anyone has any objections, Raif heads in the direction Mailali indicates, keeping a lookout for any unusual topography.

Spot (1d20+4)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur stared dumbstruck at the terrain around him. "Maybe I ought to have studied this area better before leaving." He mutters to himself as he follows Raif.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[20]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

As you look out over the horizon you see the rise and fall of the rolling hills.
    In the very far distance you can see a darkening of the terrain off to the slight North-East (where you know Blossomwood to be).

You can still hear the sounds of the horns that were sounding, but they are fading, though you can tell it's not due to distance.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

'It seems as though our pursuers are closing. Let us make haste. I think that the Blossemwood is in that direction. We'll have to abandon looking for the caves, unless we find them before we reach the Blossemwood'.

Raif spurs Filofax on and picks up speed.

'Let's try to keep to the high ground'.

If no-one objects Raif heads to the top of the nearest hill to the North-East.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

14. - Top - End - #1094

Eleanora nodded at Raif's words, and followed after him, eventually retaking her place as the vanguard of the party.

"Do you see anything?" She asked, her eyes darting across the landscape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (if necessary): (1d20)[7]

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Maiali keeps to the end of the group, keeping his eyes open looking for pursuit.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

'I think that we're near the Blossemwood m'Lady - the land seems to darken in that direction'.

Raif gasps as he's jolted by the motion of his horse for the fifth or sixth time this day.

'I do not think we could easily survive another battle. My spells are almost gone, and Halabur and Drayner must be starting to run out. If in hadn't been for this wand some of us would have died twice over already'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

17. - Top - End - #1097

GreenSorcererElf

"I still have an array of useful combat spells," Halabur begins but finishes with a look of worry on his face. "I'm not sure how long they'd last in an open war though."
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"My spells, if you can call them that, never run out... to my knowledge. As to what we should do, I personally am in favour of sending a message to Lord Tahlurmy, other than that, I think we should set up camp, and decide when we are in more favourable conditions." Shifting in his saddle Drayner takes a deep breath, unaware he had been holding one in, it appeared the danger of persuit had dwindled, now they only had to look out for covenant patrols and those searching, but he assumed they would not send them out for a while.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Firbolg in the Playground

Verossa Carmine arises from her former torpor with a hand on her glaive. "Enough. I haven't come this far to hide in some caves. Or be besieged with those that can't move from their homes. We are the chosen. If the Blossonwood is harassed, then we should take apart the besiegers. Not all at once, but at our own game.

"I did not come this way to hide, I came this way to win.

"We have horses, don't we? We are better than they man-to-man, aren't we? We are the best. Let's move and hit them at their worst; their supply guards and hirelings. Make a hecatomb of their siege of the Blossemwood and then watch as the splinters rain down. Hit their camps. Burn their stockpiles. All we need is a campsite. And I really don't need that. So where are their supplies coming from?"

((Sorry for repetition. Where I am can be weird.))

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif raises an eyebrow slightly as Verossa suddenly perks up, then listens carefully.

'Hmm... what you say makes a good deal of sense. Truthfully, it seems that only I really need to rest to replenish my spells - our disguises earlier today took a lot from me. However, we have Drayner's wand, and with that I can keep everyone healed for some time'.

'Carrying out raids does conflict rather with our friends' mission, so perhaps we will have to bid them farewell...that said, does your message have to be delivered in person Rochenion? We have our own way to contact those in the Alliance command'.

'So, shall we take the fight to our pursuers? That hunting party from before is probably close at hand - we might want to deal with them after nightfall...if they do not find us first'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Could we get a time check please?

'Oh, and is anyone carrying injuries from the morning's battles? If you all let me know your condition, I can deal with your injuries before they become a problem'.

As Raif is saying this a shadow falls across his face momentarily, and it looks as though something is troubling him...

'I've just thought...in the bag from our benefactor, we found a chime of opening, the ration bags, a bag of holding and...something else - a rod of some kind - I don't think that we identified it. Perhaps I could see it for a moment?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif looks about in the ensuing silence. 'The rod? You remember? With the Chime of opening? Come on, someone must have remembered to pack it'.

Raif has a quick look in his own bag.

'Well, anyway, let me know if we do find it. Verossa, it appears everyone's in favour, or at least no-one disagrees with raiding the enemy supply lines'.

'I suppose the next question is do we want to press on through the night or camp at some point...'

'In any case, now I look, I notice a few of you are still carrying wounds that I should patch up, now that our flight is not so desperate. Would rather see to them now, than wish I had if we are ambushed later'.

Raif uses the wand borrowed from Drayner to cast Cure Light Wounds

Elenora (1d8+3)[7]
    Mailali (1d8+3)[4]
    Valour (1d8+3)[7]
    Sparklelord (1d8+3)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

22. - Top - End - #1102

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur furrows his brow in confusion before brightening after hearing the name of the missing object. "Oh! The chime!" he cries with a deep crimson blush filling his face. "Erm, yes. It's in my pack." After a pregnant pause he continues. "Well, I'm for putting some distance between us and the encampment. And quickly too."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys. >< I've been traveling and relying on free wifi. I'm still trying to catch up on RL things.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2013-01-24 at 09:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Maiali sketches a slight bow towards Ralf: "Thank you."

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

'Ah, good, you remember the chime. Well what I'm after isn't the chime itself, but I recall there being something with the chime. I'm not sure we ever worked out what it was...'

Raif returns the wand to his backpack, and rides onwards.

'So, are we to camp or press on?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

25. - Top - End - #1105

Eleanora released a slight sigh of relief as her wounds began to knit themselves back together.

"You have my thanks, Raif. And Valor's as well," She said, ruffling the hair between her horse's ears. "As for our current plans, I am with Halabur. I feel it would be prudent for our party to put a fair amount of distance between the orcs and ourselves. That said, if we intend to cut their supply lines, we should not place our camp too far away. I suggest we continue our march, if only for the moment."

26. - Top - End - #1106

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur looks around the field to make sure that they're not being followed.

Search: (1d20+4)[6]
    Spot: (1d20+1)[18]

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif nods.

'Good, press on for the moment it is'.

Raif notices Halabur looking about and adds his eyes and ears for good measure.

Spot (1d20+4)[20]
    Listen (1d20+4)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party rides along Raif falls in near Mailali.

'I wonder Mailali, are your company career soldiers, or pressed into war by the times? I myself am pressed into war'.

'Still my nature compels me to seek out conflict and dark places - the sort of places where I can do the most good'.

After all I grew up in dark lands, lands now long under the sway of the Covenant'.

'That said, they were much bad even before the rise of the Covenant'.

'What are your homelands like?'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2013-02-01 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

**Alright, lets get this boat rocking again**

Raif and Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you peer around, you see no sign of those few Covenanters that had followed you, and the sounds of the horns has died away.

Moving into the lightly rolling hilled ground, you make quite good time crossing country that, while still baring the scars of battle, seem to have had more time to heal than that of where you have just come from.
    As the sun starts to slowly over take you into the west you all start feeling the effects of the two battles that day and spending so much time in the saddle. The slight ache of muscels, small cramps in legs and backsides going numb. Yawns, only slightly deeper than sighs, can be heard now and then.

**Knowledge Nature or Geography checks please (for those without ranks in either, just a basic Knowlegde check at -2)**

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20-2)[2]

Raif stifles a yawn, but as he does so his stomach rumbles.

Looking a little embarrassed Raif apologises.

'Sorry. This easy living has softened my body. Though incidentally, when did the rest of you last eat? I can't remember having anything since this morning'.

Raif wets his throat with some water from his waterskin, and offers it to the elves riding alongside. Raif picks some small nibbles out of his everlasting ration bag, and offers some of them to the elves.

'Not much I'm afraid, but it should take the edge off until we get to camp. We have some spare rations in our packs...'

Raif has a little bit to eat himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: