New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,498 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

**Drayner and Eleanora are clearing the cave in in the hallway, not chipping away at the wall where the door was. If you've moved over there, you'd have to be screaming your lungs out to talk to Comsaro.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-06-04 at 06:41 PM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aw...but...Nat 20... Raif remains where he is and talks to Comsaro.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

**Yeah, I saw that. Sorry .**

The large man smiles and nods before saying, "Yes. She does come across as a little odd to people upon first meeting."
    He starts clearing away the stone chips you and Verossa are making out of the wall, "But she isn't dim witted in the least, think of her more as a child at heart. She's not from our land so our common tongue is foreign to her. Her people are traders mostly, well... That's what they call themselves at least, sail the icy southern waters and traverse the great frozen plains that they surround. They value ferocity and intensity in everything, from childhood games to battle."

Lumara pipes up at this, "And to her, battle is a game... A game she enjoys a lot. Hence calling the Golems 'Toys' and always asking if people if they want to 'Play'. You'd be correct if you kept assuming she was dangerous, because well... She is. I've seen her angry. It's not a sight I enjoy seeing."

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Huh. That certainly explains quite a bit." Halabur says with no small amount of wonder in his voice. "How did she come this far north?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif nods, and thinks to himself...

'I see - I'll bear that in mind. Thank you for the warning'.

Raif takes his leave and walks over to where Elenora and Drayner are moving the rocks.

'Here, Drayner, take a drink'. Raif takes out his waterskin and offers some to Drayner.

'If you want to take a break, I can take over for a while if you wish'.

If Drayner hands back the waterskin, Raif offers some to Elenora.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Taking a drink Drayner thanks Raif before handing the waterskin back. "I'll keep working for a little while, I'm not sure how much further we can get, it's a tight fit right now, help me with this rock? Gesturing to one of the larger rocks barring their path Drayner attempts to lift it with the aid of whoever is willing.

Str: (1d20+1)[18]

*Raif, Eleanor and Drayner are the only ones at the opening at present correct?*
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

7. - Top - End - #1477

Eleanora gratefully accepted the waterskin and took a big swig.

"My thanks for the water, Father Clearsight," She said, wiping some of the moisture from her lips. "If you would be so kind as to begrudge me another favor, could you tell us of what you and our new companions were speaking of? It is difficult to hear from this side of the cave."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

**Yes, Drayner, Eleanora and Raif are the only ones in the blocked hallway at the moment.**

As Drayner strains with the help of the other two, he realises that even the three of them together wont be able to move this rock.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif speaks quietly.

'I asked them about whether they had found any food or water - no such luck. I think we have about enough food and water for today - then we'll go hungry - and more worryingly thirsty'.

'I asked them about where they had explored. They drew me a map. There is a way they have not explored yet, but they fear to bring down the golems upon them'.

'I asked them a little about their woman - Tera I think her name is. Her peculiarities seem to stem from her being from a foreign culture. Her command of our tongue is not perfect, and she delights in battle, seeing it as a game. They also agreed with my assessment that she was dangerous - I would beware her M'Lady'.

'If we cannot shift through this soon, I suggest we take a rest, then travel up the unexplored passage. Better to do it now, while we are near full strength. After all, there are eight of us, and we have all seen some battle'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

10. - Top - End - #1480

Eleanora nodded as she listened to Raif speak, her eyebrows knitting together as she thought.

"If your assessment of our rations is as dire as you say it is, we must make haste," She said, casting a quick glance back at the party's new companions. "I like the idea of owing them not, but perhaps we should request their aid in clearing this rubble. Although we risk bringing more golems our way, we seem fit to handle them. At the very least, I would rather die in battle than of thirst." The dame's eyes flickered to her right to avoid the cleric's gaze. She turned herself back toward her new companions.

"Father Comsaro!" She called out to the large man. "Would you be so kind as to assist us?"

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Comsaro looks up from telling Halabur about meeting Ventera when she wasn't much more than a girl after finding a longship struggling to stay above the waves without breaking apart on the rocks that were stranding it. He nods and walks over, "And how can I assist young Dame?"

12. - Top - End - #1482

"I am ashamed to admit that the weight of these rocks exceeds the strength of my arms. May I request your assistance in clearing them away?"

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

The large man smiles, clapping Eleanora on the shoulder, "It's no shame to admit that something is beyond your abilities as long as you have tried to do it before seeking assistance... And for this, I think I shall need assistance as well."

Moving to one of the boulders he leans his back against it before calling for Tera. The red haired woman comes up, smiling as she see's Eleanora.
    Comsaro then asks her to help him move the rocks. He manages to pull one of the smaller (while still larger than Eleanora, Drayner and Raif were able to move with their combined strength) while Tera lifts one of the largest above her head with out much more than a grunt.

After nearly 30 minutes the hallway is clear. The floor where some of the larger rocks had been piled tightly against each other is a hole in the paving large enough for any of you to get down. The rest of the hallway is clear and you can feel a slight breeze on your faces.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Firbolg in the Playground

Verossa has presumably made a substantial dent in the wall now, enough to confirm her suspicions, and steps back warily. "Well, I'm satisfied that this isn't a simple sliding wall. Whatever's behind this thing isn't what should be behind it. Good work on the other passageway boys and girls.

She takes up her glaive again and turns around, "We've still got my torch attached to a rope? Throw that through first. Let's take alook-see what's on the other side before we stick our heads through. Remember, once we get out of the Magic...Draining...Field...Thing the Clerics and mold stone and make water.That'll make things a lot less tense."

She glowers into the darkness. "Somebody owes me a grappling-hook. And an apology. And their head."

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

'Mmm - agreed. Good sense as usual Verossa'.

Raif's brow wrinkles for a moment...

'I can create water, certainly...what did you mean by mould stone? Shape it?'.

Raif frowns.

'I suppose in theory it's possible...after all, I can create water...mist...simple things. All the physical and profane yields before the truth of the divine. I've never tried to alter the material world so drastically before though. It seems a feat as radical as speaking to the dead'.

Raif turns to Comsaro.

'I know however that many other holy folk possess great power to shepherd their faithful.... powers they say are granted by the Gods. Have you been gifted such power Comsaro?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

16. - Top - End - #1486

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur stares down the hallway, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+4)[20]
    Spot (1d20+4)[21]
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you peer down the hallway you can easily see that the stone work beyond the cave in are perfectly intact and show no signs of large metal man-like things passing through.
    The hallway continues for about 100' until it reaches a "T" intersection.

When Raif asks Comsaro about the gifts granted by his god, the tall man smiles, "I have been blessed just like everyone else who follows our path, young Brother. It's been through my connection with the Almighty Kord that I have been able to raise so high."
    Placing his large hand on Raif's shoulder and giving it slight squeeze he continues, "I am able to channel Kord's power to perform what some would call miracles, or others would call spells. Though I'm as focused on that side of my faith as members of other Faiths or Churches."

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif smiles and nods.

'I am glad to hear it. I warn you, my own religious views are a little...unorthodox...but I have great respect for all those that seek to ease suffering in the material world, and guide souls towards the divine'.

'I wonder brother, have you heard of any with the power to shape stone?'.

Raif pears down the corridor too.

'That is certainly not the way we came in. I suspect a combination of mechanical tricks and illusion...which are impossible to detect with our magic suppressed'.

'Well, we're not getting anywhere looking at it...would anyone care to suggest a marching order? I for one am willing to take the lead - if you think it wise'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh and
    Spot (1d20+4)[24]
    Listen (1d20+4)[16]
    Sorry, I forgot them.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a clear passage down to a "T" intersection. The stone work beyond the cave in are perfectly intact and show no signs of large metal man-like things passing through.

"I have meet many priests with obscure beliefs so faith in the unorthodox does not bother me.
    As for the power to shape stone, yes. I have done that in the past but with Tera... Well... These days we generally go straight through."
    Comsaro chuckles before continuing, "If your team wouldn't mind continuing down the hole, we'll make sure none of those Golems come down behind you."

21. - Top - End - #1491

GreenSorcererElf

"It looks like the passage is certainly safe, thank you for all of your assistance." Halabur smiles and nods.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well, shall I go first then?' Raif asks, unslinging his mace, and walking towards the opening.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Wielding a Javelin, Drayner follows behind Raif "Unless someone else would prefer to be first, I don't have a problem with you going first"
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Firbolg in the Playground

Verossa is firmly of the opinion that she should go first. She's better armed and more expendable than the Cleric. However, this is no time for an extended debate. "I'll guard the rear until everyone's through", is all she says. "We can redeploy later. However, first--" she takes the everburning torch and rope from Drayner and underhands it through the breach in as flat a trajectory as she can manage, letting the rope slide through her hands.

Str test:(1d20+3)[20]

25. - Top - End - #1495

Eleanora made her way to the middle of the group, taking position right behind Drayner.

26. - Top - End - #1496

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur takes a position behind Eleanora, keeping his senses alert for trouble.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif walks cautiously forward into the passage, his mace held in his left hand. If he reaches the everburning torch without incident, he picks it up in his offhand and moves forward until he reaches the junction.

Spot (1d20+4)[20]
    Listen (1d20+4)[11]
    Move Silently (1d20)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you reach the junction at the end of the hallway, you see that both the left and right forks end in a pair of giant doors about 20' from the corner.
    The doors to the left are open and you can just make out a little of the room beyond. It's empty and dark.
    The doors to the right are closed tight. They are about 20' and 30' wide. You can make out a square shape on the right-hand door, about two and a half feet above the ground.

The only thing you can hear are the footsteps and mumblings from your friends behind you.

**New IC Thread Here.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-06-24 at 01:39 AM.