New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

Tahlruamy nods as Dame Eleanora voices her query, "The Dwarves thrust against the enemy, while a full offensive of it's own, is a ploy to draw the Hand and their forces away to give you the opening to get through the lines. From the intelligence we do have, if the Dwarves do not draw attention, you would be going into five full companies of mixed troops along that boarder alone." he states, looking dead serious.
    "I don't doubt that your efforts would be greatly accepted by King Danithar, but he more than enough men for this offensive."
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-01 at 06:08 AM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Verossa nods. "Agreed, the point of a diversion is for the coup de main to fall somewhere else. We could hardly amount to than a pretty detail in the main battle, the six of us. Getting to the Blossemwood with our skins and gear intact should be our priority."

Having quietly told her mother to suck eggs, Verossa has her own question. "Any details on what are these five companies? Make-up and organisation?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

"The best guess I could give you at the moment is a mix of Humans, Elves and Dwarves, along with large numbers of Goblinoids and Orcs. This is only a guess though." Tahlruamy says, standing and walking over to the camp desk, looking through the papers and then selecting one, "Ah yes, not all of these troops are volunteers. The Hand are supplementing their Southern armies with the enslaved peoples of the region." he adds, passing the parchment to Eleanora, "Though they are never in large enough concentrations to successfully rebel".

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #154

Verossa actually gives a short sharp laugh of sheer disgust. "Marvellous. We'll be slaying those whom we ought to be delivering succour. Well, the blame is Ol' Mouseys, not mine."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, as you well know Ms. Carmine, sometimes in war things happen that we wish didn't, and sometimes we end up having to fight those we wish to save." the Elven Lord states as he returns to sitting on the stretcher.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-01 at 06:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eleanora bit her lip. The covenant had an army of conscripts. She hadn't anticipated that.

Upon becoming a knight, Eleanora made a vow. A vow that, for as long as could still draw breath, she would defend the meek and innocent. But to her lord, she had promised to persevere and see any endeavor she began to the end. And now...

It all came down to her loyalty to her lord, or her loyalty to herself.

So much for the contradictions... Eleanora thought as she took the parchment. Tahlruamy couldn't be more right.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-08-01 at 02:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

As your questions trail off, Tahlruamy stands again, "Is that all you wish to know, or are there other queries that are troubling your minds? Halabur? Daranad? I may not be able to give concrete wisdom about your coming trials, but I've always found the most trivial piece of information can be valuable at some point." he says, walking over to the lectern, leaving through the pages of the small book that's upon it.

8. - Top - End - #158

"Begging your pardon sir, I believe Halabur here was curious about something", she looks at the Gnome. "If he doesn't feel like asking, I'll do it for him".

((Yes, she's going to just flat-out ask about the Demonology. Halabur has a very short time window to do it himself.))

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Without looking up from the book he responds, "I have no idea why Master Halabur would feel any question he has is not worth at least asking, but as I said, I will be as candid as I can. Ask what you will."

10. - Top - End - #160

"Simply that it is rumoured that you possess a text of the binding of Demons. Some concerns were raised on this issue. Me, I just think you're looking for a hot date, but I know nothing."

Bluff:(for the "rumoured" part)(1d20+7)[23]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Tahlruamy turns quicker than the blink of an eye, his face back to the blank mask you saw earlier, "Ms. Carmine, if you are trying to insinuate something I, for the best interest of everyone here, would urge you to think very carefully before you continue. Yes, I possess a book regarding the dealing between mortals and the Infernal powers but it is not a text about, as you have put it, binding them.", reaching over he lifts the large tome with a single hand, "This is just one volume of texts on the subject that has been in my family's library since they were written. All that this is, plainly put, is a commentary of the benefits and drawbacks of dealing with the Devil's of the Lower Hell's. My half-brother has asked me, along with a very select few of my most trusted advisers, to attempt to reason out what Altaranis gains from his association with Asmodeus." he says as he puts the book down again, turning back to the lectern, "I will not speak of what assignments, other than trying to run this war, that I have been working on." he finishes.

12. - Top - End - #162

Sense motive:(1d20-1)[12]

Verossa smiles with her teeth, but doesn't move."Makes sense. So, no bound and horny outsider action? Pity. Well, if none here have any further questions I believe we'd better see about getting our gear organised. And of course we thank you immensely for your help with equipment, and for getting us out of that sixty-nine with Saltmist"

((If that expression was good enough for Napoleon III, I'm stealing it.))

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif Clearsight is visibly disgusted by the news about the conscripts; his lip curls, and he grimaces.

'Fight those we wish to save'. Raif Clearsight thinks about Lord Belkinstair for a moment.

'Oh, indeed. In that case, perhaps the conscripts are the first thing we should deal with once we've infiltrated the cult lands. But that's something we can discuss later'.

Fight someone to save them. A dangerous idea. Try something like that, and your motives had better be pure. Even that might not be enough.

'In light of this information, m'Lord, I do have one last request - might you have any books on the orcish and goblinoid peoples that I could borrow? Especially anything on their languages. I'm really sorry to trouble you further after all your help, but it could make a real difference'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

'Come, cease bothering our gracious Lord'.

Daranad bows slightly to Tahlruamy.

'I apologise for my party's questions, and dare I say, impertinence. Thank you for all the efforts that you have made upon our behalf. Rest assured, under my leadership I'll have them whipped into shape in no time'.

'I only pray that after the offensive there are enough of those foul devil worshippers left. We will destroy them once and for all!'

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: redid the colours and got rid of the double post. The Bardic roll seems to have disappeared in the process, but I had a Mulligan on that anyway.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-08-02 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Wrong Colours
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Daranard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is the High Kings chief general, and also his bodyguard as well as the highest ranking General of the Coalition forces.(Already revealed due to last Bardic Knowledge Check)

Although officially the High Kings bodyguard, he does not actually perform the duty himself, assigning it to a select few of his elite soldiers.

He is the High Kings older half brother, the son of the old High King, although the identity of his mother is buried in secrecy. He also has a twin brother, rear by elven standards, who disappeared over 100 years ago. No one has had any word of him since. It is unknown why Tahlruamy is not the High King himself.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-02 at 08:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

GreenSorcererElf

"I am sorry for my cowardice, my lord. I should have asked you myself; but I have recently instituted a new goal of not angering any person taller than myself." Halabur says with a forlorn look on his face, but not meaning a word of what he said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive (on Tahlruamy's explanation of the book.). (1d20+1)[19]
    Bluff (1d20+1)[7]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get the sense that everything he said is true, but that he is holding something back. What that could be you can only guess.

Though you cannot see his face, you get the feeling that the Elf has found something amusing about you last statement, "If that is your new credo for life my Little Trickster, than I would go find a nice little hamlet somewhere to set up a home, because sometimes it is impossible not to anger people.", he then turns round and see the broad smile upon his face, "believe it or not, some people take acception to things I say and do." he then snorts, trying to hold back his mirth but fails, laughing loudly while walking over and patting Halabur on the shoulder.

18. - Top - End - #168

"How delightfully disturbing. Well, fellows, are we satisfied and ready to proceed? And sir, my name is Verossa.

"I'm not shamed for what I am, but I'd rather it weren't thrown in my face everytime you address me.

Again, fellows, to arms? Sir Dame, since it seems we have mounts, you should probably inspect them for suitability and dearworthyness relative to the particulars of the party."

(("dearworthyness" is from "The Worm Ouroboros" and I have no idea if it's actually a real word.))

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Tahlruamy turns his head, a confused look coming across his face, "I'm sorry if I have offended you Ms. Verossa. I have had very few dealings with your homeland so if there is a meaning behind your surname I am unfamiliar with, I do appologize."

Moving back to stand beside his stretcher he stands there, putting his arms behind his back, "Yes, you should start getting ready to proceed with the mission. If that is all, you may go."
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-03 at 09:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"I agree, we should make sure we are all prepared to go through with this, both physically and mentally before this all begins, we don't want to be caught unprepared."
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

21. - Top - End - #171

Eleanora smiled at Verossa's suggestion.

"I would be happy to help in any way I can," She said. "It certainly would not do to have unsuitable mounts. Though I do trust that they will be of a more than sufficient caliber." She quickly added, making sure not to offend the Elven lord.

Once Tahlruamy had finished speaking, Eleanora knelt and bowed her head.

"I have nothing more to ask, milord. Thank you for all of your assistance,"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-08-20 at 07:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then go." Tahlruamy says sitting upon the stretcher again, looking over at the little Halfling woman who has been sitting on the stool by the desk, silent since she cast the spell upon the Elven Lord, "You stay... We have to talk about a few," he looks at Drayner, "things."

((This would have been up over an hour ago except I hit submit just after 8pm local time which is when the server backup happens... Really annoys me when that happens ))

23. - Top - End - #173

Verossa nods acknowledgement at the dismissal, and prepares to follow Eleanora to the horselines, trying not to let her eyes wander.

((What? I can't be disturbing all the time.))

24. - Top - End - #174

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner lets a sigh out before standing aside to let the others pass. "Well, I'll see you guys soon... hopefully" He adds jokingly before turning back to Tahlrumy and Nialise, waiting to be addressed.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

As you all start leaving the Elven Lord leans back, almost as if he were about to lay down, "Nialise, what you do in your own time is your own business, but when I give an order for someone to report somewhere I expect them to not to go the scenic route. Understood?" he says, the smile returning to his face and his voice lightening again.
    "Understood my Lord." the Halfling replied, her face shining with the same amusement.

After reprimanding Nialise he does lay down fully on the stretcher, "Now, if you and Mr. Drayner would be so kind, I would like to try and trance, at least for a little while before my brother calls for me again. Deep Sashelas and Vandria Gilmadrith know that boy wouldn't know how to put his boots on if it weren't for my directions." he says half heartedly and laughs as he clasps his hands on his chest, closing his eyes.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-03 at 09:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner spaces out for a second and stands there blinking for a moment before regaining his composure. "Okay then, I'll see you guys later" Drayner jogs out of the tent until he catches up with the rest of the group when he slows down to walk with them.

27. - Top - End - #177

GreenSorcererElf

After they all walk out of the tent, Halabur turns to Drayner and asks, "So what was that about? Why were you late? I thought you were just behind us."

28. - Top - End - #178

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner scratches his head briefly before turning to look at Halabur. "I asked Nialise on advice on how to get to Tahlrumy's tent and she wanted a moment with me first."

29. - Top - End - #179

Eleanora looked at Drayner in surprise.

"A moment with you? Did she have any important information in regards to our mission?" She asked, excited.

30. - Top - End - #180

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner bites his lip briefly, hoping to avoid too much conversation on this topic. "She warned about choices that might have to be made, and to be careful because we don't really know all of what they are capable of."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (if required): (1d20+9)[13]

Drayner takes a deep breath before continuing hoping to change the subject. "So, are we going to wait around here until the time comes to make the move, or should we get closer to the infiltration point?"