Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora shifted uneasily as Verossa chastised the gnome.

    "Rope can likely be obtained in the camp or along our journey," She said, trying to interrupt the confrontation. "If that is all we need, perhaps it would be best if we set off now?"

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad's a little taken aback.

    'Come, let's stay in good spirits. I apologise if I spoke in haste. We shall be together for some time, and it will be important for you to get used to my leadership and style. At the same time, I realise I should listen a little more carefully to you all. Every second we argue is a victory for the cult'.

    Daranad sits atop the horse and is eager to set off.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Meanwhile Raif Clearsight smiles slyly at Drayner.

    'Tying people up and among other things? Kinky'.

    Then Raif Clearsight coughs.

    'Ah, truly a rope's a false little key. It opens spaces and closes off liberty. Well, I packed a number of items, but I appear to have neglected that particular necessity. Might this time be appropriate to take a quick inventory of our resources?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "They'll be time for haste and hurry, and heart-stopping business later on." smiled Verossa. "For now, we just have to be a little slower than the Dwarves."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As you're all milling about outside Tahlruamy's tent, examining the mounts and talking about purchasing additional supplies, Nialise makes her way out of the tent, a smile upon her lips as she looks up at Drayner and the rest of you, "Never had much use for horses or the likes myself, but sometimes it's fun to find something to ride. If you're looking to get some more equipment you might want to go find Enderic over with the Dwarves, he generally has a few extra's of anything you might need that he's willing to let go of."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "What do you say fellows? It might well be worth to visit this man."

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa is rather annoyed nobody else has moved yet. I'm only the leader when everyone more competant than I is dead, well. Maybe it's time I assume that."A splendid suggestion Halabur, what say we do that and stop talking about rope. I have some, and manacles too, for business and pleasure. And I'm not even going to bother explaining that" as her smile slips.

    "Fighter! Let's move! To Enderic, and we'll see what we can grab! You boys, stay in line!"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Thank you, m'Lady'. says Raif to Nialise.

    Raif slings his pack back on his back, and happily wanders along behind Verossa, gently leading his new friend by its halter.

    'Why Verossa, a humble Priest such as myself seeks to advise, support, and provide spiritual counsel. Your soul's welfare and the thousand shocks your mortal frames may suffer are my concern. Leading a military expedition, on the other hand, is not my forte'.

    Replies Clearsight.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    'If the party is insistent on replenishing our goods, then I see no reason not to avail ourselves of this helper'.

    Daranad follows Verossa at the double, trying to draw level with her.

    'After all, all planning needs to be discussed by the party as group - under my watchful guidance as we agreed. It's important that all voices are heard'.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Raif Clearsight interjects.

    'Incidentally, as I mentioned, now seems like a good time to take the measure of our resources. Here's what I have'.

    Raif Clearsight lists his goods, and rummages in his pack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The idea is that Clearsight's inventory should now be known IC as well as OoC now.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora cocked her head slightly at Verossa's remark, the implications of the statement completely lost on her. Deciding to let it go, she follows the rest of the party, leading Valor behind her.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur ponders over the cleric's new found honesty, and decides to share his inventory as well. "It would be a good idea to make aware of our group assets, I suppose." he says as he follows the group on Sparklelord.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As you travel south through the encircling camps you finally come the Dwarven section. Looking around you see the tents arrayed, much like the Elves, in very orderly rows around six larger tents. Towards the center of the camp bordering the cleared central meeting area where the Councils Pavilion is you see a group of covered wagons and open topped carts. As you approach you see they contain all sorts of things from weapons and armour, food stuffs, tools and substances of different make to clothing. On the outskirts of this impromptu market you come to a large wagon with a canvas awning, it's sides covered in items of all kinds that soldiers or mercenaries might need.
    Out the front of the wagon is a short bald man, though taller than the Dwarves surrounding him, putting small vials and flasks out on a trestle table.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur surveys the scene before him, not knowing where he wants to go first. He mulls over what scant gold he has and asks, "How likely is it that we're going to encounter devils? Could a bottle of silversheen be of any use to us?"

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight looks around at the party.

    'If any of you would like some sundry goods, please, let me treat you.'

    Clearsight is all business, after waiting his turn, he strides up to the man putting out the vials confidently.

    'Excuse me sir, if you have it in stock I would like 6 warm blankets, and 5 good quality lengths of rope, about 50 feet each please.'

    Clearsight turns back to the party.

    'I seem to have lost my last towel. While I'm replacing it, would anyone else like one?'

    Clearsight turns back to the man.

    'Incidentally, might you happen to have any books on the orcish and goblinoid races, or perhaps be able to point me in the direction of a scholar who might? Particularly their languages and customs'.

    Almost out of the side of his mouth, Raif Clearsight mutters at Halabur.

    'Ought to get something for warding off celestial creatures too. They'll be expecting us to prepare for fiends'.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Daranad shows the rest of the party his sundry provisions (except his signet ring)

    'This is what I've brought. We seem to have plenty of food, on top of the rations from Lord Talruamy, we've my tent, various wands, bedrolls, sources of light, and ways of making fire'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Alas, if only we had such an item." Halabur mutters back to Raif.

    Halabur turns back to the man, "Who would I talk to about the purchase of magical items, particularly some silversheen?"

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Here's what I've lumbered myself with" She unpacks her gear, then starts repacking it into the bag of holding (for such she's guessed it is, possibly incorrectly.) "All real gentlemen of ladies of adventure carry rope, oil, and chalk. Silversheen would be a good idea. Smokesticks, alchemists fire, acid, all these things would be nice. But as I said, food. And tools. We're to be running around a forest after all."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Possessions are fleeting, but chalk I have, and extra food, and alchemists' fire'.

    Raif Clearsight turns back to the man.

    'I think just the 5 blankets then, since Verossa seems to have her own. I'd like some oil too, if you have it. Shall we say 10 pints?'

    Daranad turns to Verossa.

    'Oil seems like a good idea, and there's no harm on stocking up on extra food, if we can carry it. I think that's a prudent way of procuring magic items Halabur. What did you have in mind in the way of tools for the forest Verossa?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "There may, in a forest, be some use for being able to fell a tree, cut wood, even nail it together. There may, when fighting as guerrillas, be some use to be able to dig a hole, or raise a bank of earth.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Ah yes, well it had occurred to me, so I brought this spade.'

    Daranad turns to the man.

    'Might it be possible to obtain some carpenters tools and perhaps a woodsman's axe?'

    Raif mutters.

    'Verossa, Daranad, there may be spies in the camp. Please could you be a little discreet about details of the mission? I put a great deal of effort into our 'fleeing the retribution of an offended noble' cover story'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "A fine cover for your previous utter and near disasterous failure, for which we are all guilty" She raises her voice, and glaive, "Quickly, my fellows, we must shop quickly if we are not to face the wrath of the one he have offended! Woe is us! A life of miserable banditry is all that remains! We are the lost! We are the hollow! Alas, for Expressionism has nothing on us!"

    Bluff:[roll]1d20+7[roll]

    "Also, we need to find a pretty dress. Large enough to fit over armour. With ribbons and girlish frills. And a wig. Twin-tailed and blonde. Because I have just worked out the shape your disciplining will take."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Damn. Bluff(1d20+7)[10]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Exactly we must make haste, should we wish to escape the wrath we should move as quickly as possible. A few towels and blankets in case the weather gets bad, but we must move"

    Aid another Bluff (to help verossa out): (1d20+9)[24]

    Drayner cannot help but smirk slightly at the thought of Clearsights "discipline" and barely manages to stifle a laugh.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora found herself biting her tongue throughout the affair, trying hard to keep her mouth shut.

    If we must lie even to our own, what honor could there possibly be in this endeavor? Eleanora shifted uncomfortably. What have I gotten into?

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The bald man looks up as you all approach, his wrinkled face brightening "Well, well. If it isn't the mighty Champions of the Realms themselves! What can Enderic do for you then? Needing some supplies are we?" he says, his voice breaking into a laugh near the end.
    He stands there, listening to you all rattle off your queries and orders, nodding and then points to one of the smaller stands next to the wagon, "Well blankets and towels are over there, got heaps to choose from. Wood working tools are up in the wagon, haven't had a chance to unpack them yet, only just got here you see. As for potions and other wizardy type stuff you'll have to talk to Ghanali the Gnome over there," he points to a small, tatty looking tent on the other side of the market, "He's the only one around here that's crazy enough to make those sorts of wares. And as for you, good father, books on evil creatures, those are hard to come by, and I've never heard of any truly good man wishing to learn their vile tongues... But... For the right price I might be able to accommodate you." he finishes, winking and rubbing his fingers in a 'it'll cost you' type manner.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-12 at 05:04 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Well, it appears it's time for a little gnome to gnome chat. Halabur says with a grin and strides over to the tent. He ducks in and looks at the wares for a moment before approaching Ghanali.

    Greetings brother. I'm in the market for some arcane items, and I was hoping you could help me out. Probably the most important item on the list is some silversheen, a substance useful against devils. A candle of truth or elixir of truth as well. An eversmoking bottle maybe? I'm also looking for some used rods, staffs, wands, or other wondrous items. And... He brings his voice down to a whisper as a mischievous glint fills his eyes, If you had an Elixir of Love, new of course, that would be desired as well.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gnome in the bright red robe turns, a patchy beard and the remnants of a fringe the only hair on his head, he looks you up and down, then grins, "Oh it's Devil's you'll be facing is it? Well I do happen tae have some Sheen of Silver, though it be difficult to make." He walks round the small counter and pulls out a box, inside it are 4 bottles, each of a different colour, he reaches in and holds up one of grey clay, "This be all I have, and it do not be cheap. As for elixirs of truth or love, I have nae at the moment, but I do have one Truth Candle, though it be packed away somewhere behind ye," he says, pointing to a small pile of boxes on the floor beside the entrance, "And what use are used wands or staves? They be naething but pretty sticks, where as Rods are naething but lumps of metal with squiggly lines on them"
    His eyes glint with the same mischievousness, his crooked smile widening.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Hmph. How much for the candle and silversheen? As for the other rods, wands and staves; I suppose I'd have to buy them new, wouldn't I? Halabur replies with a grin, but obviously a little dulled with disappointment. But as for used wondrous items, surely we've had more than a few fallen adventurers' gear come your way? Maybe a little scuffed from the owner's sad fate, but nonetheless in acceptable condition?
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-12 at 10:19 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa unseats and turns a smile torwards the gnome "A love potion, A nice thought. If you use it on me, or Ser Dame, I will see you cut to pieces in the afterglow. Anyway, Axes, spades, shovels, adzes, more rope. You have these things, merchant?"
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-08-13 at 02:30 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Never heard of any good man trying to learn their tongue, eh? Well I'm proud that I'm not exactly what you would call a good man then. The orcs and goblins are treated as ignorant savages, yet we expect them to learn our tongues and our ways to converse. Then when there are misunderstandings we blame them. There's an unthinking arrogance there. No wonder they serve the cult. Evil creatures? I wonder. From what I've seen, either all things are evil, or none are'.

    Raif Clearsight coughs.

    'Indeed, my son, it is regrettable that such things are necessary, but the divine may shape any tool to a Holy purpose, and sometimes we must take foul seeming means to achieve Holy ends. Though we are all fallen to some extent, we may strive for redemption. If you could procure some texts for me you would be doing most Holy work, I would remember you in my prayers, and of course I would be willing to pay you generously.'

    Raif strolls over to the blankets and towels and picks up a selection, then he speaks up.

    'As for the rest of the supplies, I think that we'll take these 6 towels, 5 winter blankets, those woodworking tools that you mentioned, 10 pints of oil, and 5 lengths of rope, if you would be so kind. I'll cover the cost'.

    Daranad whispers to Clearsight 'I'm glad to see that you're finally taking your mission and your ministry with the seriousness it deserves.'

    Clearsight mumbles 'Oh, I always treat my ministry with the appropriate degree of seriousness'.

    'Well let me help, and I'll see if I can't find those tools'.

    Daranad disappears into the wagon and with the shopkeeper's permission, digs out the woodworking tools.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Daranad's Search check (1d20+1)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Enderic shrugs and says "Go right a head, but don't mess things up back there. Now, as for the rope, what sort are you after? Normal hempen? Silk? I even have a couple of lengths of Elven weaved if you're feeling fancy."

    Daranad:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you enter the back of the wagon you see stacks of boxes and barrels, piles of canvas and coils of rope.
    Everything is stacked quite tidily, as much as it can be in a wagon that has just been moving.
    Right at the back (where the wall separating the wagon bed and the drivers seat is) you see a couple of long handles sticking out of a barrel along with a hand saw and bow saw handing on the wall above it.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Better go for the silk. Buying the Elven seems luxurious and I'm sure that going for hemp will find some way to make itself regretted. Also, silk feels better against skin.

    Also, do you stock Woman's clothing and accessories? Our Cleric has certain...hobbies. "
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight responds

    'Well, my son, I was going to request the silken, but I'm intrigued. What exactly are the properties of Elven Weaved? And how much more does it cost than silken?

    At Verossa's comment, Raif Clearsight chuckles a little bit.

    'Now then, no time for your jokes. What must this poor man think?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •