Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    As the conversation is wrapping up, you hear a creak outside the door, followed by a crack as the door's lock gives. The librarian stumbles backwards as though punched, landing on a stool and breaking it.

    A pair of oddly average men step through, clad in generic clothes with plain appearances, and look around, as though searching for something...

    "Wh-Why?" The librarian asks, struggling to get up. "Why did you do this?"

    Hearing the question, one of the men turns, delivering a swift kick to the side of the fallen scholar, letting out a sound like nails on glass.

    The other seems to catch sight of you, letting out a similar screech and pointing.

    Roll initiative.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    THEChanger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Fernando whipped his gun out of its holster, and took aim at the nearest man. "You've got five seconds to put your hands behind your head and turn around. Five..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Iknowthey'respiegelsiknowthey'respiegelsiknowthey' respiegels-
    Fernando isn't quite sure.

    Intimidate to start.
    (1d20+10)[20]
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

    Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    The first of the men looks towards Fernando, cowering a bit, but then charges recklessly, aiming a haymaker towards the gunman's jaw.


    The second, having finished beating up the poor librarian and seeing the three of you in the room, bolts to the exit, leaving the other alone.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[4]
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Travis was distracted enough by the conversation to not notice as the "man" charge at his companion, but as soon as his mind computes this, he slams his foot on the ground letting out a loud "kiai" before charging against the enemy and trying to punch his back of the head through his face.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to enter Shattered Jade stance (-2 AC, +1d6 + Initiator Level)
    Charging against the enemy, attack roll: (1d20+9)[28] <- that's actually a crit!
    Damage: ((1d6+4)[8] + (1d6+3)[5])*2 = 26

    I'm a bit confused about Initiator Level in the case of the Sentai, is it class level?
    Last edited by Larpus; 2012-09-21 at 12:56 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya starts to charge up her energy, firing into a congested field as the "Man" seems to be here for all three of them, using a basic Freeze ray.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[11] Firing a Frostray
    (1d6)[6] Ice Damage

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    The man lets out a screech as Travis' fist impacts his face and shatters his nose. Literally, given that the rest of his body bursts into shards of mirrored glass and falls to the ground.

    The librarian finally picks himself up, clutching his stomach in pain.

    "What in the world was that?" He asks, looking at the pile of glass shards.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya cuts off her spellshaping at the last moment, "That was one of those crystal things..." she spoke... "To think they were searching for us..." she noted, looking at the shards...

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "On the bright side...we'll be able to fulfill Thurstan's request much earlier than we thought! Not sure if that'd be considered a good thing though...", says Travis, while carefully picking up some shards of the creatures, trying to see if any of them look any more interesting than the rest, while stuffing what he picks up in his empty pouches.

    "Hope this is plenty enough..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to look for interesting-looking remains of the speigel (+8): (1d20+8)[20]

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "My word." The librarian returns, wheezing a little. "Those things certainly seem like a mess to deal with."

    Adjusting his glasses, he looks at the stack of books knocked over in the scuffle.

    "Oh dear. Those will be difficult to reorganize..."


    With that, he starts to sort the books, ignoring you once again.


    Travis' examination reveals a small, silvered gem in the middle of the dust, faintly warm to the touch.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Well...Thurstan will surely find this interesting...", he says, holding the gem in his hand, so the others can see, before putting it into his belt pouch.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya nodded in agreement, as she started to move on to the next stop before setting out for the next Town.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    THEChanger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Wait a minute. If the crystal things tracked us here, do you think they could have found the gem-things we gave to Thurstan?" Fernando's eyes widened. "We should run. Fast."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

    Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "you're absolutely right...we have to hurry!!", says Travis, running as fast as he can for the door to get back to Thurtan's shop and make sure he's ok...

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya agreed as she started dashing off

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    The three of you make it back to Thurstan's store fairly quickly, heading through the empty town to get to it.

    As you arrive, you find about a dozen men milling around the block of the mage's business, seemingly chatting normally.

    Looking closer, you notice something. Other than a single redhaired man dozing against a building across from Thurstan's store, they all look the same. Every. Single. One.

    As you get to the door, it cracks open a slight bit, allowing you to see Thurstan looking out cautiously.

    "In, now. Those people give me the creeps." The mage says, opening the door enough to let each of you in.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "I'll bet my mask that those guys are more of the mirror-monster-golem-guys-things...a dozen's a bit too much...we'd need to narrow them in a corridor or something to take them down one on one."

    "Oh yeah, by the way...here, souvenir."
    , he says, putting the pouch full of speigel remains on the table, "We sort of run into one at the library."
    Last edited by Larpus; 2012-10-02 at 12:13 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya follows in, feeling bugged by all 12 of them as well... "Hmm, either that or we grab some random clothing and try to move to the next town before they wonder what happened..."

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    THEChanger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Fernando clicked the trigger of his pistol. "We ain't running."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

    Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Hm." Thurstan says, taking the bag of dust as you three discuss strategies.

    "There's a quarry outside of town that you should be able to lure them to, if you decide to fight. Or you could start ambushing them in the alleys here." He continues, spreading the dust over a faintly drawn circle, filled with runes.


    "At any rate, I've uncovered what the gems and wristbands do. Somehow, they allow you to transform. The wristbands serve as foci for the gems' power, allowing you to do so with a single word, or sequence of words."
    With that, the mage flourishes the three wristbands, hexagonal gems set in them and secured.

    "If you focus your will on 'change' while you are wearing it, and say the word you wish to use as your call, it should work and take fairly easily."
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Alright" Marya spoke as she takes these facts as well... "Next matter would be the matter of the Quarry or the Alley pick-off... what's your take?"

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Change, eh...? That sounds easy...", says Travis with a small smirk.

    "These things seem to be much more interested in us than locals, so if the streets are empty enough, I'd say let's go for the alley. But I don't want to risk innocent lives, that's for sure."

    Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, anyone got the link for the OOC thread?

    Search function seems to be gone and I can't seem to find it.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    THEChanger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Fernando took his wristband, set with the golden gem, and secured it to his wrist. "Alright. Let's take a look and see what the situation outside is. Civilians nearby, we try to get them into the quarry. If not, we'll face them down in the alley. In either case, Travis, you take point, and Marya and I will provide cover fire." Fernando went to a window facing out to the main street, assessing if the Speigels still maintained their watch on the wizard's workshop-and if the other two who did not appear to be such were still present.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check.

    (1d20+9)[11]
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

    Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    As Fernando looks out the window, he sees the apparent Spieglemänner getting nearer to the door, with the red haired man watching on with a smirk.

    Seems that plans made will need to be accelerated.

    No civilians seem to be outside.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-10-15 at 09:24 AM.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    "Alley it is!", he grabs his yellow crystal and matching band, striping them to his left wrist.

    He goes for the door and rests his hand on the doorknob, ready to crank it open; he looks back to everyone and says, "Ok...everyone ready?"
    Last edited by Larpus; 2012-10-15 at 11:58 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya nods as she wears her band, ready to fight

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Larpus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Travis opens the door with a loud noise and gets outside, screaming to the future assailants while holding his arm with the crystal up so they can see it and screams to the top of his lungs: "Yo! Mirror people!! Want this thingie? Come and get it!".

    As soon as the last word leaves his lips, he makes a mad dash in the direction of the alley in order to get every creature properly lined up and unable to swarm the group.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    THEChanger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Fernando ran with Travis, making sure he ended up behind the martial artist in relation to the mirror people. Pistol at the ready, a swift about face set him in position to rain hell and bullets down upon their attackers.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

    Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya also runs at a mad dash to the Alley, trying to get behind hte Martial Artist

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Seeing the door crack open, the red haired man smirks, leaving his leannig position and glancing over the Speiglemanner watching the building.


    As you dash out to the alley, the generic looking men flash, shattering the disguise taken and revealing themselves as the monsters they are.

    When you arrive, the Speiglemanner are in motion, moving in...


    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative+ location on map, please.
    Anywhere between H2 and I4.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Yamashi Sentai Takamen! First Act! (IC)

    Marya stops movement at her spot as she turns around, ready to take shots at the Speigle armor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[14]

    Deploy spot: H3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •