New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Wow, I feel pretty Slowpoke right now

To be fair, I stopped resetting files back in Diamond when I started breeding and playing competitively; since resetting a file meant deleting all my good stuff.

I totally goofed and forgot to save before picking my starter this time, ugh, -Atk on Emboar? nope.jpg
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I haven't gotten BW2 yet... and I can't decide which one I'd rather have, anyway. Cities, Hard Mode, and Black Kyurem, or White Forest, the magma cave, and White Kyurem?

Also, this is all I'll say about the PETA thing.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Colossus in the Playground

Well I had my first nuzlocke death.

My Mareep, why did Cheren kill you!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

I'm doing a blind Nuzlocke on White 2, alongside a friend with W2 and another with Black 2. I'm about to take on Charon, but I've already had umpteen close calls. So many criticals!

Cavosec the Oshawott - Aspertia City
    Hathaway the Purrloin - Route 19
    Diabeetus the Lillipup - Floccesy Ranch

My Route 20 encounter was a Sunkern, which I fainted out of spite.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_0042 View Post
    I'm doing a blind Nuzlocke on White 2, alongside a friend with W2 and another with Black 2. I'm about to take on Charon, but I've already had umpteen close calls. So many criticals!

Cavosec the Oshawott - Aspertia City
    Hathaway the Purrloin - Route 19
    Diabeetus the Lillipup - Floccesy Ranch

My Route 20 encounter was a Sunkern, which I fainted out of spite.
    I got a Purrloin on Route 20. Which just died. I hate Purrloin....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

I somehow made it through Charon without casualty. Things just kept Working Up, but the hammer never came down. However, I continue along the next route, and I lose my Purrloin to a Pursuing Dunsparse.

Oh well. Hathaway didn't do anything anyway.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Fragdammit.

I thought, "right, while I'm pratting about for ten minutes with my Pokemon games (as my niece left her DS overnight), that remind me, now that I've finally bred up three Treekos and three Charmanders plus Kabuto in Emerald and FireRed, I'll just spend twenty minutes and trade 'em through Colloseum to my LeafGreen, so I can get my Gen III Pokedex all but complete (and send 'em on through Gen IV and V)."

Got as far as trying to trade with FireRed, and found I'm about three Islands too early to trade! Fragdammit! So, got a fair bit more faff before I can get to that stage. Grrr.

(I think when I set my FR up - a year or two ago - I borrowed a mate's GBA.)

And it'll be (hopefully) another three weeks before I get to B2W2, as well (though part of that is because there are so few games this year, I needed to use B2W2 to out something on my birthday and Christmas list...!)

8. - Top - End - #608
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyone else notice that you run slightly faster now in BW2? Seems to be that way for me, for some reason?

Also my first Pidove was Modest. Second was Jolly. Which do you recommend on using, since Unfezant doesn't have many good physicals apart from the Fly I can give it, but it doesn't have good Sp.Atk to begin with.
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

9. - Top - End - #609

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    Anyone else notice that you run slightly faster now in BW2? Seems to be that way for me, for some reason?

Also my first Pidove was Modest. Second was Jolly. Which do you recommend on using, since Unfezant doesn't have many good physicals apart from the Fly I can give it, but it doesn't have good Sp.Atk to begin with.
    Catch a Trapinch in the Desert Resort; its evolutions Vibrava and Flygon can learn Fly. And you get Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Outrage on top of it!

So how does sending the keys via wifi work? Can someone with Black 2 send me the key for Challenge Mode? Also, does anyone have a water stone they can give me for later so I can evolve my eventual Eevee? If not, that's okay, I'll just see if I have one on White. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #610

My blind nuzlocke is going well. I beat Cheren with, of all things, my Azumarril. I just spammed Charm and Tail Whip until he was at -6 attack -6 defense, then I switched over to my Purrloin. Went perfectly.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground

I never really cared for the "side contests" in Pokemon games - first contests, then musicals - but they didn't bother me because the game didn't make you do them. B2W2 has changed that for the worse. They could've just left it at showing me the movie that the captain guy made, then I could just leave and go to the next city, bemused that the entire audience was asleep for half the thing. But no, then I have to make my own movie! What I want to just have Pokemon battles instead of filming movies that are 1 minute long for some reason?!

...Anyways, it's a fun game, except for the forced movie making. Back to trying to get a certain star in Braid...
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    So how does sending the keys via wifi work?
    It doesn't. You need friends who can link up with you via local wireless connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    My blind nuzlocke is going well. I beat Cheren with, of all things, my Azumarril. I just spammed Charm and Tail Whip until he was at -6 attack -6 defense, then I switched over to my Purrloin. Went perfectly.
    Azurill, you mean? Azumarill is fairly decent against an early gym... particularly if it has Huge Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    I never really cared for the "side contests" in Pokemon games - first contests, then musicals - but they didn't bother me because the game didn't make you do them. B2W2 has changed that for the worse. They could've just left it at showing me the movie that the captain guy made, then I could just leave and go to the next city, bemused that the entire audience was asleep for half the thing. But no, then I have to make my own movie! What I want to just have Pokemon battles instead of filming movies that are 1 minute long for some reason?!
    ...But, giant Tyranitar robots! Space aliens! Time travel! 50ft women!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-08 at 10:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryzouken View Post
    A) It's PETA. You expect logic from them?
    B) PETA's stance is that the fighting in the game between Pokemon is a form of abuse
    C) It's PETA.

On the one hand, they kind of have a point. On the other hand, these animals do not exist. They're 1's and 0's. Despite playing Pokemon (and having done so since Gen 1) I have a loving relationship with my cats, and have never done wrong by an animal. I still find stories of animal abuse despicable, with the worse cases causing me to feel physically ill. Pokemon has not desensitized me against animal abuse in the slightest.
    And they use Ash as an example? Knowing what I know about the TV show, Ash would never let Pikachu be that hurt unless he were failing horribly at being himself or Pikachu basically forced him to let it happen.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Apparently my DS can connect to the internet, but my Pokemon games can't connect to server Wi-Fi. What the heck? Anyone else ever had this problem? I get full green on my connection and everything when I try, but then it stalls out and I get Error Code 61020. I've tried every 6 hours or so since I got Black 2 to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's an issue on my side but as I'm using campus wireless there's not much I can do about that.
    Shot in the dark, 'cause I've had a similar issue, but Pokemon Black and White use like three different ports to do trading, and if you don't have all three forwarded correctly, the game will be convinced that it can connect to Wi-Fi but then fail to actually use Wi-Fi.

That said, Pokemon B/W2? They really like to give you a bunch of crap at the start, huh? It was like: BAM pokemon, BAM pokedex, BAM shoes, BAM map, now GTFO already. What, you want us to hold your hand? Last iteration it took a good 40 minutes to chew through the intro, this time, what, 10, 15 minutes? With copious opportunities to save throughout? Pretty nice...
    Oooh, that sounds good. Can't wait to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    Ooooh, that sounds even better.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

That said, Pokemon B/W2? They really like to give you a bunch of crap at the start, huh? It was like: BAM pokemon, BAM pokedex, BAM shoes, BAM map, now GTFO already. What, you want us to hold your hand? Last iteration it took a good 40 minutes to chew through the intro, this time, what, 10, 15 minutes? With copious opportunities to save throughout? Pretty nice...
    I really enjoyed how the exposition was handled, instead of the usual 20 minutes of as you know-style teaching of the mechanics.

The way the character's mom acted reminded me of my mom when she would make sure I had everything prepared before doing something.
    "Bag packed? Teeth brushed? Got your phone? Fed the dog? Got your little brother to his bus stop?"

It was all very refreshing.

I also like how Hugh isn't a jackass like some other rivals.

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Catch a Trapinch in the Desert Resort; its evolutions Vibrava and Flygon can learn Fly. And you get Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Outrage on top of it!
    See, that's what I did for my third playthrough of Sapphire. I might just do that anyway if it comes down to it, though I'll be using this Pidove for the beginning part of the game until I get to Desert Resort.
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

17. - Top - End - #617
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I'm planning on picking up Black 2 today.
    Is White and Black Kyruem that good?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Eh, he's just another Legendary. And when you've seen one Olmypusmon, you've seen them all.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Absolutely. Their stat total is 700, putting them 20 points ahead of Mewtwo, and only 20 behind Arceus. It also has a base 170 in its main attacking stat, so with that and Outrage/Draco Meteor, if the opponent doesn't immediately outspeed it, something's going to die.

Nuzlocke update, made it through gyms two and three moderately underleveled but with almost no casualties, (none in the gyms proper, due to fortunate catches). Burgh is officially the creepiest gym ever, what with the cocoons and the clowns and the eerily-remixed gym theme. I just beat Colress on Route 4, and am about to see what I catch. *Hopes for a Sandile or Trapinch*

Cavosec the Dewott, L19 - Aspertia City
    Diabeetus the Herdier, L20 - Floccesy Ranch
    Faraday the Magnemite, L20 - Virbank Complex
    Nolan the Zubat, L20 - Castellia Sewers

Hathaway the Purrloin - Route 19, died to a Pursuing Dunsparce on Route 20
    Unnamed Sunkern - Route 20, not caught, KOed out of spite.
    Hsowa the Skitty - Castellia City, died to a Pursuing Rattata during only its second battle
    Last edited by Agent_0042; 2012-10-09 at 10:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

I almost feel like each game/generation gives you more and more items sooner and sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I also like how Hugh isn't a jackass like some other rivals.
    I noticed that to, quite refreshing.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

It was really funny when they tested Kyurem black on PO, since it could just tear through anything that wasn't a bulky Steel type. Thankfully, Scizor is a bulky Steel with priority STAB.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, decisions decisions. Trying to decide between Black 2 and White 2 since I'm buying one or the other after class today. The legendary doesn't matter to me either way, but I'm not sure what I want between White Forest or Black City. I think I'm leaning toward Black 2 as I know a friend has White 2, so that'll allow me to get version exclusives.

Any recommendations?

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Hm, decisions decisions. Trying to decide between Black 2 and White 2 since I'm buying one or the other after class today. The legendary doesn't matter to me either way, but I'm not sure what I want between White Forest or Black City. I think I'm leaning toward Black 2 as I know a friend has White 2, so that'll allow me to get version exclusives.

Any recommendations?
    Personally, I'm going to Black 2, since it gives you the hard-mode unlock which I plan to use on White 2.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Shot in the dark, 'cause I've had a similar issue, but Pokemon Black and White use like three different ports to do trading, and if you don't have all three forwarded correctly, the game will be convinced that it can connect to Wi-Fi but then fail to actually use Wi-Fi.
    If that's the case, then there's no way I can fix it because I am using campus wi-fi, not my own router, so I can't control the port forwarding in any way except from my DS.

I got Black 2 as a continuation of my "Nuzlocke Run All the Games (Gen 3 and forward)" plan. I am currently on game 2, Heartgold. Once I finish Black (which is the game I'm using for this run), I'll move on to Black 2.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-10-09 at 11:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    It was really funny when they tested Kyurem black on PO, since it could just tear through anything that wasn't a bulky Steel type. Thankfully, Scizor is a bulky Steel with priority STAB.
    Similarly, White Kyurem basically destroys everything under the sun. Rain's a different matter, though. One of Scizor's big advantages is that Kyurem's still Ice-type, so that Bullet Punch is not only good, but ridiculously good against it.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Whee, Riolu at the ranch! I'm surprised that you can get such an awesome line before the first gym.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm having to do a lot of running in order to get my pair of Riolus to evolve when they hit level 19.

I really want both copying moves

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know if you can transfer keys between games 1) more than once (for example, one Black 2 game could transfer the Challenge Mode key multiple times) and/or 2) over Nintendo Wi-Fi?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-10-09 at 11:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Personally, I'm going to Black 2, since it gives you the hard-mode unlock which I plan to use on White 2.
    Ah right, forgot about the different modes. Leaning toward Black for that, if only because if I'm going to use the modes at all it'd be the hard one.

On a related note, can these codes (and similar codes) be transferred over wifi?

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Azurill, you mean? Azumarill is fairly decent against an early gym... particularly if it has Huge Power.
    Sorry, yeah. Unfortunately, it was KOed by a Venipede's rollout. I've learned to avoid dark grass until I have more pokemon.