New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Pokémon XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

So awesome they couldn't resist copying it!

Pony thread? You're in the wrong place! This is Pokémon! Our ponies are on fire, and evolve into unicorns with even more fire! Except when they're zebras that shoot lightning or when they're the Three Musketeers!

These are friend codes (Partially out of date: If they are, post your new codes now and I'll fix them). For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can.
    FRIEND CODES:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Name|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum|HeartGold|SoulSilver|B lack|White|Black 2|White 2
    Legoshrimp|2923-1445-3340|X|X|X|1849-3954-2553|X|X|X|X
    Kobold Bard|X|X|X|4168-8792-1683|X|X|X|X|X
    Freako|X|X|1333-4517-6347|X|2966-0800-3851|X|X|X|X
    Jimp|X|X|X|X|2407-7659-7056|X|X|X|X
    tgva8889|X|X|3438-0598-0009|X|3052-0635-4414|X|3353-3706-1386|X|X
    Mattarias, King.|X|X|X|3524-4231-3529|X|X|4770-6741-0740|X|X
    Linkavitch|X|X|X|5027-8564-5267|X|X|X|X|X
    SparkMandriller|2277-4598-3685|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X
    B-Man|X|X|X|X|5371-4488-1062|X|X|X|X
    goldfly|X|X|X|0174-5615-7997|X|4728-4502-3697|3009-8301-5885|X|X
    Deth Muncher|X|X|1162-2087-3138|X|X|X|X|X|X
    Terry576|0174-5674-2515|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X
    AtlanteanTroll|X|X|1505-6983-3009|X|1291-5054-9504|X|3911-6794-1526|X|X
    Qwertystop|X|X|2450-2269-2301|4770-4806-9656|X|X|X|X|X
    The-Mage-King|5369-7209-0920|X|X|X|X|X|4169-5014-1806|X|X
    bue52|X|X|0088-3371-2579|0689-7808-4229|X|X|X|X|X
    Geno9999|X|5328-7909-7435|X|X|1892-8459-0727|Owned|X|X|X
    oxybe|X|X|X|4684-4678-9165|X|X|1162-9092-9501|X|X
    Drascin|X|X|X|X|X|3525-1309-6530|X|X|X
    Ryzouken|X|X|3782-2115-8275|X|X|4512-9802-0628|X|X|X
    Deuxhero|X|X|X|X|3481-6327-5325|X|4727-7229-9821|X|X
    FantasyFoxMan|X|X|X|1677-9053-6018|X|X|1377-6516-2321|X|X
    CoffeeIncluded|X|X|X|X|X|X|0389-8063-2889|X|X
    ShinyRocks|X|X|X|X|X|2064-8383-8632|X|X|X
    Turalisj|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8033-0061|X|X|X
    OracleofWuffing|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8355-8999|X|X|X
    Crimson Angel|X|X|X|X|X|2494-4300-9144|X|X|X
    Mando Knight|Owned|Owned|X|1806-4645-4773|X|X|1850-1765-8454|4513-8367-5916|X
    breakdownjason|X|X|X|X|X|1291-9831-7735|X|X|X
    Thormag|X|X|X|X|X|1764-5885-4832|X|X|X
    Derjuin|X|X|X|X|X|4470-1730-8020|X|X|X
    Rising Phoenix|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|4084-3527-0188|X
    Mindfreak|X|X|X|X|X|Owned|X|4943-3506-7435|X
    Gulaghar|X|Owned|X|X|Owned|3955-3645-3467|X|4256-1366-7556|X[/table]

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. Use this channel when you want to trade with other people.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) ways of getting you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) hacked Pokeymans.
    Kobold-Bard
    ryzouken
    Hunter Noventa
    Qwertystop
    OracleofWuffing

The Last Thread: The Truth of the Ideal Thread

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia
    Smogon
    Metalkid's Damage Calculator
    Metalkid's IV Calculator
    Serebii
    Pokémon Online (for battles over the internets when you don't want to bother training things by hand)

Breeding For Dummies:
    Spoiler
    Show

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

One of the first things to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature. To improve your chances for getting a particular Nature in a child Pokémon, use at least one parent with the Nature you want, and give it the Everstone.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth.

Some IVs are randomly inherited from the parents. You can lock in a maximum of one IV by giving a parent the corresponding Power training item (Power Bracer for Attack, Power Lens for Special Attack, and so forth). Use Flat Battles to determine the IVs of a hatched Pokémon, or if you only care about the highest IV and the sum of all of its IVs, you can take it to a guy who's in the lobby of either the Battle Tower or the Battle Subway, depending on your game. You're looking for them to judge it Relatively Superior overall and Can't Be Better in its best stat.

The third main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start. In order to pass on most Egg Moves, the father must know the move (Genderless Pokémon never learn Egg Moves). These include all of the moves that are listed as the child Pokémon's Egg Moves in a move list chart, as well as any compatible TMs or HMs. You can also pass on moves that the child would learn by level-up that aren't in those two lists--for these, both parents must know the move.

Dr. Strangemon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Min-Max

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
    Every Pokémon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defenses, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
    A Pokémon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokémon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
    Every time you win a fight, your Pokémon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokémon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokémon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.

You'll see a lot of Pokémon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokémon will obviously focus on different things, Pokémon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.

It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokémon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokémon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokémon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokémon that you know give you the EVs you want.

EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokérus. Any Pokémon with Pokérus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokérus to any Pokémon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokérus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.

The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokémon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokémon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokémon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokémon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have Pokérus.

The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokémon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by Pokérus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
    First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
    After that, I gave him Pokérus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokérus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
    After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from Pokérus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
    After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokérus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
    Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokérus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
    All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
    Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.

tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other Pokémon. They vary by the Pokémon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a Pokémon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a Pokémon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the Pokémon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Now, you might ask, "Mando Knight, how do you get those accented e's?" On a PC, change your keyboard layout to US-International, and press 'e. For some versions of Windows, if you don't want the US-International keyboard on all the time, you can also have it switch between different registered keyboards with a press of Ctrl+Shift. (Alt+Shift lets you switch languages, in case you need to type a bunch of characters like these: ασδφγηξκλ)

Previous thread here.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-03-12 at 09:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Posting for the checkmark
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh cool, a new thread.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

This past February, my friends and I did a Stadium 2 rental tournament. Great fun was had by all, and we want to make this an annual tradition, but the problem is that we've absolutely torn that metagame apart. Charizard + Magneton + Kingdra/Dewgong/Dragonair make a perfect defensive core. Heracross has been nicknamed "Wreck ****" because, with a STAB Megahorn and unexpected bulk (he can survive a Psychic from Kadabra), that's what he does. Et cetera. Everyone knows which 'mons are viable.

So, to prevent staleness, we're adding a new event to the tourneys next year - Battle Revolution. Generation IV, twice the species, physical/special split, fun stuff. However, there are no rentals in the game, so I and one friend have split up the mons (he handles I and II, and I take care of III and IV) and we're going to breed/train our own "rentals". By sticking to only the fully evolved 'mons, we figure this is doable in six months.

Having decided all this, I then pick up SS for the first time in a year-and-a-half, only to remember that TMs aren't infinite use in Gen IV.

I also realize that I've traded my full breeding stock of Dittos to White.

I also learn that the only way to obtain the Gen III starters using the Gen IV games is to beat Red in HeartGold and SoulSilver, at which point you receive one. None of my friends have functioning Gen III games.

That said, I had set down the game prior to beating Red, which I proceeded to do yesterday morning with a shamefully unoptimized team:
    L70 Typhlosion - Eruption, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Swift
    L70 Magnezone - Discharge, Mirror Shot, Thunder Wave, Magnet Rise
    L70 Victreebel - Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Slam, Sleep Powder
    L70 Slowbro - Surf, Psychic, Headbutt, Slack Off
    L70 Machamp - Dynamic Punch, Strength, Rock Climb, Foresight
    "HM Whore", L45 Lugia - Doesn't matter, because L45.

No TMs, no EV training, really no optimization beyond ensuring they have a somewhat appropriate nature. So, apparently you can beat Red (on Set, no less) without too much grinding. One starter down.
    Last edited by Agent_0042; 2012-07-14 at 05:04 PM.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Posting for the checkmark ^^

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Agent, that is super cool, but I so do not envy you :P
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

From previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I have a half-dozen from my Dratini breeding program. Also a few females, if you want to spread Marvel Scale around, too.
    Great! Is there anything you want/need in return? I have an extra Zorua and some other stuff that's probably kinda mediocre . Oh, and my friend code for Black Version is 4470-1730-8020 (I'd like to be added to the big list, please).
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I don't really need anything, though if you have them, evolution stones, Hoenn Pokémon, and Snivy are things that would help round out my 'dex.

9. - Top - End - #9

New thread! Let me get the checkmark.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    Agent, that is super cool, but I so do not envy you :P
    Indeed. I wish Nintendo would hurry along with Battle Revolution 2, or what have you.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

11. - Top - End - #11

Is that the most recent sort of Pokemon Stadium? That might be worth picking up. I remember my friends and I had a blast playing the first one. Them moreso when i wasn't playing. Snorlax and Gengar were the bee's kness.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

There's been one for each of the previous generations: Gen 1 -> Stadium, Gen 2 -> Stadium 2, Gen 3 -> Colloseum, Gen 4 -> Battle Revolution. There isn't any word yet of one for the current generation in the works.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, technically *adjusts hipster glasses* Stadium 1 was a Japan-only release; the version in the States and the UK was actually Stadium 2, adjusted to all the fixes for Blue and Yellow. Thus, Stadium 2 for us was in reality Stadium 3.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Don't be a punk

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Well, picking up something I woulda said last topic but I saw we were at 50 pages, I kinda thought Serperior was supposed to be someone's idea of a mixed sweeper, and that's why I kept Growth on it instead of going with Coil like everyone else who is smarter than me did. I kinda would like to see him play out in a Sunny Day team to double-dip that strategy, but I guess everyone that runs Sunny Day already has Chlorophyl pokemon that are taking his thunder and possibly run Growth, too.

So, yeah, Serperior needs Aeroblast.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm just gonna grab that checkmark so I can lurk better.

Hi guys.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been building a team for semicasual play with friends, and I have a quandry as to how I should equip the Poison Heal Gliscor I'm going to have on it.

The rest of the team is:
    • Adamant Crustle 172 HP/252 Atk/84 SpD [Stealth Rock/Spikes/Stone Edge/X-Scissor] (Lum Berry) (Sturdy)
    • Modest Galvantula 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe [Thunder/Bug Buzz/Volt Switch/Energy Ball] (Life Orb) (Compoundeyes)
    • Modest Chandelure 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe [Fire Blast/Shadow Ball/Substitute/Energy Ball] (Leftovers) (Flash Fire)
    • Adamant Scizor 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SpD [Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Swords Dance/Roost] (Life Orb) (Technician)
    • Bold Milotic 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA [Ice Beam/Scald/Recover/Dragon Tail] (Leftovers)

The originally planned gliscor was:
    • Impish Gliscor 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe [Earthquake/Substitute/Toxic/Protect] (Toxic Orb) (Poison Heal)

The main I'm trying to figure out is what moveset I should have on him. I already have a great physical wall in Milotic, so I could use Gliscor as planned, or I could give him swords dance and Ice Fang to go dragon hunting. Anyone have advice?

(Advice on the rest of the team is welcome, too)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get to working on breeding that Gligar right away. I've been distracted recently with my Nuzlocke run and really wanted to get catching Ho-oh out of the way. Now that I have, I'll start breeding some Gligars. Do you want specifically a Male Impish Poison Heal Gligar, or would you be fine with a female Poison Heal Gligar of any nature?

Edit: Well that's interesting...Apparently I was wrong and don't have a Dream World Gligar to breed with. Sorry about that...
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-07-15 at 08:37 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah ok . Thanks anyway

Now then, does anyone have a dream world (Immunity) Gligar for trade? Female with nothing specifically set is fine, because I'm perfectly willing to breed my own. I have a good amount of pokemon for trade (the entire Sinnoh and Unova pokedexes, half of Johto and Kanto, and a few Hoenn.) and am willing to breed something specific for you nature-and-species-wise.

EDIT: Crisis averted .

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, wait! I think I do have one, but it's hiding in my Link Garden...place. Lost Woods, is that what it's called? Whatever. Let me go look over there...

Yep, found it! I knew I had one of those. Give me a little while it make you an Immunity Gligar.

Edit: So my plan is to make you a Female Immunity Impish Gligar, at the least (I have to make one for myself anyways) but if you don't care, I can give you the first female I get.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-07-15 at 02:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Either one works, whatever is easiest for you. I have that Adamant Beldum you wanted ready, so take your time

Also, I felt like sharing this "challenge" I made up for my first playthrough of Black and White 2:

Spoiler
    Show

The Champion Challenge

Rules:

1. Start by choosing a Pokemon League champion to play as [Blue/Lance/Steven/Wallace/Cynthia/Alder/Iris]

2. Your starter is a level 5 version of that champion's signature pokemon. It knows no egg moves or TM moves. The nature is one of your choosing, and it may have its hidden ability if you so wish.

-Blue: Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur
    -Lance: Dratini
    -Steven: Beldum
    -Wallace: Milotic
    -Cynthia: Gible
    -Alder: Larvesta
    -Iris: Axew

3. Every time you defeat a gym leader, you may opt to receive one of the chosen Champion's other pokemon for use in your team. The pokemon arrives at a level equal to 5 lower than your most recently acquired teammate. They know no egg moves or TM moves, and may have their hidden ability. Pokemon you can choose from are:

-Blue: Magikarp, Pidgey, Rhyhorn, Abra, Exeggcute, Growlithe, Heracross, Larvitar, Machop, Aerodactyl
    -Lance: Dratini (up to 2 more), Magikarp, Aerodactyl, Charmander, Bagon, Gabite, Swablu, Horsea
    -Steven: Skarmory, Lileep, Baltoy, Anorith, Aron, Registeel
    -Wallace: Wailmer, Magikarp, Tentacool, Barboach, Lotad, Luvdisc, Sealeo, Goldeen, Clampearl
    -Cynthia: Spiritomb, Riolu, Budew, Milotic, Togepi, Shellos, Glaceon
    -Alder: Karrablast, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Shelmet, Timburr, Rufflet,
    -Iris: Axew, Druddigon, Deino, Aron, Archen, Lapras, Bagon

4. You may catch or be gifted other pokemon, but all non-plot-essential pokemon must be kept in a computer box until after you have received the national pokedex.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Either one works, whatever is easiest for you. I have that Adamant Beldum you wanted ready, so take your time

Also, I felt like sharing this "challenge" I made up for my first playthrough of Black and White 2:

Spoiler
    Show

The Champion Challenge

Rules:

1. Start by choosing a Pokemon League champion to play as [Blue/Lance/Steven/Wallace/Cynthia/Alder/Iris]

2. Your starter is a level 5 version of that champion's signature pokemon. It knows no egg moves or TM moves. The nature is one of your choosing, and it may have its hidden ability if you so wish.

-Blue: Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur
    -Lance: Dratini
    -Steven: Beldum
    -Wallace: Milotic
    -Cynthia: Gabite
    -Alder: Larvesta
    -Iris: Axew

3. Every time you defeat a gym leader, you may opt to receive one of the chosen Champion's other pokemon for use in your team. The pokemon arrives at a level equal to 5 lower than your most recently acquired teammate. They know no egg moves or TM moves, and may have their hidden ability. Pokemon you can choose from are:

-Blue: Magikarp, Pidgey, Rhyhorn, Abra, Exeggcute, Growlithe, Heracross, Larvitar, Machop, Aerodactyl
    -Lance: Dratini (up to 2 more), Magikarp, Aerodactyl, Charmander, Bagon, Gabite, Swablu, Horsea
    -Steven: Skarmory, Lileep, Baltoy, Anorith, Aron, Registeel
    -Wallace: Wailmer, Magikarp, Tentacool, Barboach, Lotad, Luvdisc, Sealeo, Goldeen, Clampearl
    -Cynthia: Spiritomb, Riolu, Budew, Milotic, Togepi, Shellos, Glaceon
    -Alder: Karrablast, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Shelmet, Timburr, Rufflet,
    -Iris: Axew, Druddigon, Deino, Aron, Archen, Lapras, Bagon

4. You may catch or be gifted other pokemon, but all non-plot-essential pokemon must be kept in a computer box until after you have received the national pokedex.
    Sounds fun. Out of curiosity, can you speak Japanese, or is there an English ROM available?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

When I say I made it for my first playthrough of BW2, it meant that I'm going to be doing it come October.

Sorry for the confusion.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    When I say I made it for my first playthrough of BW2, it meant that I'm going to be doing it come October.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Ah, sorry. No problem.

Though it would be pretty cool if somebody actually made an English ROM. Is that actually possible?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Possible? As soon as someone gets a Japanese ROM then makes a translation patch for it... but considering how long fan translations take for some other games, it's probable that the official localization will come out first. And depending on the skill of the fan translator, it could be a "blind idiot" translation, rather than the rather well-handled localizations that we've been getting.

Considering that we'll only be four months behind Japan, I don't know if anyone will feel that it's a good idea to make an early translation patch.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Possible? As soon as someone gets a Japanese ROM then makes a translation patch for it... but considering how long fan translations take for some other games, it's probable that the official localization will come out first. And depending on the skill of the fan translator, it could be a "blind idiot" translation, rather than the rather well-handled localizations that we've been getting.

Considering that we'll only be four months behind Japan, I don't know if anyone will feel that it's a good idea to make an early translation patch.
    Yeah, it's not like we could be waiting for ages like in the earlier generations; it's only October, when all's said and done.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

There are a few people on Youtube I've seen with partially translated patches, most of the basic dialogue is still in Japanese, but most of the battle options and item descriptions are translated

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

50 hours into Conquest, and I still have 9 missions left (+ Wi-Fi ones + the hero's one). I like how expansive the postgame is, but this is a little ridiculous.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Forrestfire Update: I've got a Lonely Female Immunity Gligar. I'm still working on breeding an Impish one (I want one anyways) and it's taking a surprisingly annoying amount of time. I can get you an Impish Female Immunity Gligar if you'd like, it just might be a day or two of breeding. That okay with you?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Totally fine by me. You're the one who's going out of his way to get me this

Just don't forget to name it "Nos"