New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

I don't feel a lot of sympathy for GAME, really; the moment they reduced all the PC, PS2 and handheld game stocks to a fraction of their former size when the 360 and PS3 came along, I more or less stopped using them - because they never had what I wanted. (After several years of good custom.) After a while, I just stopped looking, because there wasn't even any window-shopping to be done anymore. I get all my games from Amazon now; especially since I've been sufficiently burned by pre-orders in the last couple of years, even the minimal gain of the reward cards has ceased to be relevant.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guess what? My local coffee shop has free Wi-Fi! So I'm getting as many battles in as I can, try to narrate a few of them and then post them over the weekend (I still technically have 3 days left on my Playground challenge )
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, coffee shops. Where would we be without them?

4. - Top - End - #424
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Hey guess what? My local coffee shop has free Wi-Fi! So I'm getting as many battles in as I can, try to narrate a few of them and then post them over the weekend (I still technically have 3 days left on my Playground challenge )
    Woot! The tales of Shellthulu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Ah, coffee shops. Where would we be without them?
    We would be in a state of depression
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Woot! The tales of Shellthulu!
    Shellthulu tanked a +1 Outrage from Kingdra, I has a happy
    EDIT: And OHKO'd with Counter

Also...Pinsir sweeps?
    EDIT2: Oh yeah, Pinsir sweeps
    Last edited by boj0; 2012-09-05 at 05:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Does anyone have a spare/cloned Deoxys and/or Manaphy for trade? Them and the Glameow/Stunky lines are all I'm missing...
    Are you still looking for Deoxys and Manaphy? I know I can get two duped (Deoxys caught on Sapphire via its event which was cheated in, Manaphy caught from the Egg in Pokemon Ranger), but the thing is my entire network setup has been redone since I last traded, and I don't know half the things that were changed here, so it'll be a while until I know things work.

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    My girlfriend took our Black and White games to GS today to get Keldeo. Pretty stoked. I keep missing Vicinti events, though. Bah.
    Uh, which event is this and where now? Should I be planning a trip to *shudder* Gamestop later today?
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, if you go on GameStop's wifi and get a mystery gift you can get a Keldeo.

The Vicinti event I was alluding to was a few months ago. I first got White right after the liberty pass event ended. I'm hoping they do one for B2 W2 but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Last edited by SDF; 2012-09-05 at 06:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

FINALLY got a damn Galvantula sweep...

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    FINALLY got a damn Galvantula sweep...
    Ah, very nice.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    Yeah, if you go on GameStop's wifi and get a mystery gift you can get a Keldeo.
    It runs until the day before BW2 is released, though, so you've still got 31 days to go.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Are you still looking for Deoxys and Manaphy? I know I can get two duped (Deoxys caught on Sapphire via its event which was cheated in, Manaphy caught from the Egg in Pokemon Ranger), but the thing is my entire network setup has been redone since I last traded, and I don't know half the things that were changed here, so it'll be a while until I know things work.
    I managed to get a Manaphy, so currently the only pokemon I'm looking for are Deoxys and Kyogre.

644/647 obtained so far. So close...

What would you want for the Deoxys?

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

I stopped by at GAME, and asked about the promotion (seeing as it didn't say anywhere). Technically, it's if you pre-order BW2 but reading between the lines, as all you have to do is hop on the wireless and use mystery gift, you probably don't even need to go in the shop...!

(I preordered White, but I'll probably be cancelling it, since I've put both games on my birthday list.)

I snagged one Keldeo for each game, meaning I've got a spare available for trade at some point. (Darkrai would be favourite, since I missed that event.) No rush, though, I haven't even got 'em off the delivery chap yet.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I stopped by at GAME, and asked about the promotion (seeing as it didn't say anywhere). Technically, it's if you pre-order BW2 but reading between the lines, as all you have to do is hop on the wireless and use mystery gift, you probably don't even need to go in the shop...!

(I preordered White, but I'll probably be cancelling it, since I've put both games on my birthday list.)

I snagged one Keldeo for each game, meaning I've got a spare available for trade at some point. (Darkrai would be favourite, since I missed that event.) No rush, though, I haven't even got 'em off the delivery chap yet.
    I got my Keldeo at Gamestation, and nothing was said about pre-ordering games- though they seemed to need somebody operating it at their end...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    I got my Keldeo at Gamestation, and nothing was said about pre-ordering games- though they seemed to need somebody operating it at their end...
    Different places, different rules... I suspect it's supposed to be if you pre-order, but like I said, if you don't actually have ask the gentlemen how to do it because you've never used a store event before (which hopefully, now you all won't, 'cos it's just "open wireless/use mystery gift"), it shouldn't be a problem,..

(Plus, it's not like I can't just cancel my preorder, since it is free or even not just pick it up; their in-store pre-ordering is not like a pre-order at an online shop where you basically buy it ahead of time; the store-side version just means they keep a copy aside for you on release day and you pay for it when you pick it up. So it really is kinda more of an encouragement to go into the store, but there you go.)

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Different places, different rules... I suspect it's supposed to be if you pre-order, but like I said, if you don't actually have ask the gentlemen how to do it because you've never used a store event before (which hopefully, now you all won't, 'cos it's just "open wireless/use mystery gift"), it shouldn't be a problem,..

(Plus, it's not like I can't just cancel my preorder, since it is free or even not just pick it up; their in-store pre-ordering is not like a pre-order at an online shop where you basically buy it ahead of time; the store-side version just means they keep a copy aside for you on release day and you pay for it when you pick it up. So it really is kinda more of an encouragement to go into the store, but there you go.)
    You see I'd already tried it without talking to staff- but it wasn't registering anything... Maybe they had the machine on their end turned off at the time, I don't know?
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

You see I'd already tried it without talking to staff- but it wasn't registering anything... Maybe they had the machine on their end turned off at the time, I don't know?
    I dunno, like I say, different shops may do things differently.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. In fact, if someone at Gamestop (at least; I'll bet it's the same for other companies as well) does say that you need to preorder, get their name and complain to corporate; that's not only factually incorrect, it's also very questionable marketing tactics. They're technically supposed to keep the machine on at all times while the store is open, but they certainly are not supposed to demand additional preorders to fluff their numbers before they let you download the Nintendo promotion. You do not need a preorder to get Keldeo, as per their deal with Nintendo. The reason some stories try to pull this kind of stunt is because stores get bonuses for extra preorders, so doing stuff like this, if no one reports them, lets them look good for corporate without anyone being the wiser.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-09-06 at 10:15 AM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Doing pretty well since the last update. First death from losing Chipy to Whitney though he managed to OHKO her Clefariy with a critical Hyper Fang and Blossom to an Kadabra due to me forgetting about Blossom being dual type now. Doing really well on the pokemon capturing front, got Dicer the Scyther during the Bug Catching contest, caught Rocks the Sudowood, and Stabs the Nidoran. Not to mention Hope evolved as well. Hoping to nab a Vulpix on the next route though I'm not holding my breath.

Lvl 23 Jaws the Croconaw
    Lvl 18 Bullet the Beedrill
    Lvl 22 Hope the Togetic
    Lvl 12 Snozey the Drowzee
    Lvl 13 Stabs the Nidoran (female)
    Lvl 20 Rocks the Sudowood

Deaths
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chipy the Radicate
    Blossom the Oddish

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

What would you want for the Deoxys?
    You're asking for a dupe, so don't worry about it. Just get a fodder pokemon that I can release. Like I said, though, my whole network setup's been redone, and I don't know half the changes made here, so do you have like Skype or something so we can keep in contact with each other in case the game spontaneously disconnects because a port isn't forwarded on my end again?

Oh, sorry, I was wrong on something, my Deoxys was caught in FireRed's event, not Sapphire. You can't catch Deoxys in Sapphire, heh. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Indeed. In fact, if someone at Gamestop (at least; I'll bet it's the same for other companies as well) does say that you need to preorder, get their name and complain to corporate; that's not only factually incorrect, it's also very questionable marketing tactics. They're technically supposed to keep the machine on at all times while the store is open, but they certainly are not supposed to demand additional preorders to fluff their numbers before they let you download the Nintendo promotion. You do not need a preorder to get Keldeo, as per their deal with Nintendo. The reason some stories try to pull this kind of stunt is because stores get bonuses for extra preorders, so doing stuff like this, if no one reports them, lets them look good for corporate without anyone being the wiser.
    Do you have a link/phone/address to complain to corporate? I mean, the last time my local Gamestop even did a Pokemon-related event was when Colosseum came out, and even then, I had to tell the manager about that, and he didn't even know where they kept the bonus discs at. I'd like to go through the proper channels if the trend continues.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-09-06 at 04:40 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Come to think about it when should I evolve Togetic, when he gets Wish or when he gets Ancientpower?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Slight setback in my Nuzlocke run- Lance killed all of my team bar Crobat... add to that the two pokes I lost grinding on victory road and I'll only be nuzlocking as far as Silph co in Saffron city- where they can conveniently announce the creation of the revive.
    Part of YugiohITP

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

You're asking for a dupe, so don't worry about it. Just get a fodder pokemon that I can release. Like I said, though, my whole network setup's been redone, and I don't know half the changes made here, so do you have like Skype or something so we can keep in contact with each other in case the game spontaneously disconnects because a port isn't forwarded on my end again?
    I have skype, but no working mic. We could chat on it, though.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

That works. My skype is oracleofwuffing, hit me up whenever, I'm going to be in a voice chat with someone pretty much all night so I'll hear you when you test message me.
    ---

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm Forrestfire15 on skype. Sent the request.

Also, just wondering. do you also have a kyogre?

EDIT: I would like to thank everyone that's traded any pokemon to me, because...

Spoiler
    Show

It's also a living pokedex.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

I'm Forrestfire15 on skype. Sent the request.

Also, just wondering. do you also have a kyogre?

EDIT: I would like to thank everyone that's traded any pokemon to me, because...

Spoiler
    Show

It's also a living pokedex.
    Wooo! Grats!

My nuzlocke has been going very slowly - someone bugged me into helping them with another game (Ancient Domains of Mystery) and now I seem to be spending a lot of time on that front .

I decided to turn battle scene off, since it's not B/W and takes forEVER comparatively and I'm all spoiled from it. Just made it to Violet City with:

Cinders, lv 12 Cyndaquil
    Gneissa, lv 10 Geodude
    Grey, lv 10 Rattata
    Fleurdelis, lv 9 Bellsprout
    Twist, lv 2 Zubat

I have no idea what I'm going to do with half of these. Zubat would make a nice addition (Crobat hoooo) if I level it up enough, but that just takes sooooo loooong. I've really only paid attention to Cinders, Gneissa and Grey, and I might box Gneissa after getting the first three gyms out of the way unless I find someone to hassle into trading with me.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-09-07 at 12:18 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I have no idea what I'm going to do with half of these. Zubat would make a nice addition (Crobat hoooo) if I level it up enough, but that just takes sooooo loooong.
    Back in my day, Zubat learned Wing Attack at level 28. Arceus help you if you evolved before then and horded TMs until the postgame.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Back in my day, Zubat learned Wing Attack at level 28. Arceus help you if you evolved before then and horded TMs until the postgame.
    I'm feeling the TM-use-paralysis again after beating Falkner.

Also, as of beating Bugsy+Rival:

Cinders, lv 20 Quilava
    Fleurdelis, lv 15 Bellsprout RIP; killed by Croconaw's critical Bite
    Gneissa, lv 16 Geodude
    Twist, lv 6 Zubat RIP; bravely stood up against Croconaw despite huge level difference
    Grey, lv 14 Rattata RIP; sacrificed himself to save Cinders against Croconaw
    Eggman, lv 6 Togepi

Cinders held a memorial pyre for the fallen, victims of a cruel trainer's way OP starter .

Edit: After getting back in THE ZONE, my roster's been revamped a tiny bit. Trained Eggman, who is now level 17, and managed to catch a Heracross in Azalea (yay Yawn!).

Edit Edit: UPD8 TIME

No casualties since Rival battle 2, just beat Morty!

Eggman, lv 25 Togetic
    Marina, lv 23 Heracross
    Harley, lv 22 Sudowoodo
    Shazam, lv 23 Eevee (it won't evolve )
    Cinders, lv 24 Quilava

I'm really trying to keep my team at a balanced level. Last time I played, I let one pokemon dominate the team and it ended up failing hard later on (around Elite 4 round 1).

As of now RIP
    Spoiler
    Show

Twist, incredibly brave but unaware of how weak she was
    Grey, timid but faithful to the very end
    Fleurdelis, mighty whip-fighter who met a tragic end in a croconaw's hungry mouth
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-09-08 at 01:04 AM.
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

In unfortunate news, Chuck's totally hax Poliwrath just obliterated my team, so SS Nuzlocke is game over. I picked up Pearl, transferred everything off of it, and am now doing one. I'll be keeping notes throughout and possibly making something visual afterwards (comic perhaps) at the request of a friend.

RIP Cinders, Shazam, Eggman, Marina, Dahlia (miltank) and Harley.
    Morning Star

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh ... Man. That sucks.

So, new thing I'm trying with my Suicune. Some stats and such.

Spoiler
    Show
    Relaxed
    Item: Chesto Berry
    IVs: 27 / 15 / 31 / 27 / 28 / 3
    EVs: HP: 174 of 174 / Def: 84 of 84 / SpA: 252 of 252
    Moves: Rest, Scald, Ice Beam, Aqua Ring

From what I know of his prior use he can take an Outrage from Garchomp and take one out with his Ice Beam. Should be decent for the semi-competitive stuff I do at school. Thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

So I have like 3 videos on my phone now, but apparently 3G is too slow to upload to YouTube. Feels bad man