New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Likewise- in fact I don't think I've seen anybody apply it like that...
    I did... but that's just because it was my first nuzlocke and I didn't know better.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

FireRed Nuzelocke Update:
    Brock went down pretty easily; Igorina downed his Geodude in two hits, and Lucky took out his Onix with a single vine whip. Unfortuneately, Lucky has also cost me two potential pokemon now thanks to poorly timed crits during the capture process. One the upside, I've made it to Cerulean City and have added a couple more to my roster:

Lvl 16 Lucky the Ivysaur
    Lvl 16 Stabby the Nidorino
    Lvl 16 Verminous the Rattata
    Lvl 16 Derpy the Pidgey
    Lvl 16 Igorina the Mankey
    Lvl 14 Darkknight the Zubat

Right now I'm hoping to get Stabby up a couple more levels so I can use him to help level Darkknight to a point where it can actually aid the team (stupid useless early move-pool).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Colossus in the Playground

And you can't get Crobat till after the pokemon league. Yay national pokedex
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    And you can't get Crobat till after the pokemon league. Yay national pokedex
    That's not that bad.

What IS that bad is that despite that you can't get it, you'll still have to go through a cancelled-partway evolution sequence every time it levels up unless you feed it Herbal Medicine regularly or let it faint every fight or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

You know, I just figured out that it's possible to engineer, by abusing the RNG in B/W, perfect shiny pokemon. As in 31s in all stat IVs.

I really hope people don't actually do that.

On a different topic, eee only approximately 2 weeks till Black2/White2!!

Also, Conkeldurr is a monster. I can't get a Mach Punch + Drain Punch one yet (requires b2/w2) but just with Drain Punch/Bulk Up/Stone Edge/Payback it wrecks most teams that aren't ready for it. I kinda wish I used one while progressing through the story - Ghetsis' totally hax Hydreigon probably wouldn't have wiped me out.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-09-25 at 09:14 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    You know, I just figured out that it's possible to engineer, by abusing the RNG in B/W, perfect shiny pokemon. As in 31s in all stat IVs.

Possible, yes. Will be so long as we rely on computers to generate random numbers. And I'm sure there are people who do it... but doing so is time-consuming and offers rather little in exchange for the time spent.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

This is precisely the reason I stopped playing Random Matchup. Between those and the Pokegen'd pokemon, normally-bred ones just can't compete.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    This is precisely the reason I stopped playing Random Matchup. Between those and the Pokegen'd pokemon, normally-bred ones just can't compete.
    Yes, they can. Seriously, a ~15 point difference in a stat is not that big a deal.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Conkeldurr is a monster. I can't get a Mach Punch + Drain Punch one yet (requires b2/w2) but just with Drain Punch/Bulk Up/Stone Edge/Payback it wrecks most teams that aren't ready for it. I kinda wish I used one while progressing through the story - Ghetsis' totally hax Hydreigon probably wouldn't have wiped me out.
    As someone who literally has 4 boxes full of Timburs with Mach Punch and Drain Punch, I know you can breed them in Black and White. It requires access to a game where Drain Punch is a TM, but you can do it.

Also, on RNG manipulation, people do actually do that. There's a whole method for engineering perfect wild Pokemon using RNG abuse, you can look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    That's not that bad.

What IS that bad is that despite that you can't get it, you'll still have to go through a cancelled-partway evolution sequence every time it levels up unless you feed it Herbal Medicine regularly or let it faint every fight or something.
    Actually, it is that bad.

Golbat has awful stats and can't learn ANY HM moves. At all. Making it completely and totally useless for progressing through the game. Crobat can not only learn Fly but also has good enough stats to actually fight things.

Compounded by annoying messages, Golbat becomes completely and totally unusable.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-09-25 at 02:53 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh boy! Are we talking about the RNG again!?
    Its not like we haven't had this conversation like 4 other times
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    As someone who literally has 4 boxes full of Timburs with Mach Punch and Drain Punch, I know you can breed them in Black and White. It requires access to a game where Drain Punch is a TM, but you can do it.

Also, on RNG manipulation, people do actually do that. There's a whole method for engineering perfect wild Pokemon using RNG abuse, you can look it up.
    Well, I'll just take consolation in beating people I assume used it (full team of shinies and whatnot). I pretty much engineer near-perfect pokemon anyway (got a box full of various egg group pokemon with 31 IVs in various stats), it just takes a lot of egg hatching.

In the future, I'm going to be paying more attention to egg moves; I skimmed the Bulbapedia table for Conkeldurr and it only lists Mienshao/Mienfoo as being able to give Conkeldurr Drain Punch, while Hitmonchan can learn Mach Punch AND Drain Punch in Gen4 from a TM. I assume this means I can breed both Leech Seed and Stealth Rock onto Ferrothorn using Turtwig from Gen4, as well.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

while Hitmonchan can learn Mach Punch AND Drain Punch in Gen4 from a TM. I assume this means I can breed both Leech Seed and Stealth Rock onto Ferrothorn using Turtwig from Gen4, as well.
    That actually is exactly how I got my Timburr to know all of his competetive moves from level 1. It was fun cancelling every new move and going, "No, you are already perfect."
    Drain Punch/Mach Punch from pappa Hitmonchan, and Bulk Up/Payback from TMs

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

The answer is yes, you can breed both Stealth Rock and Leech Seed onto Ferrothorn. You can also breed both Spikes and Leech Seed onto Ferrothorn, but I don't think you can breed all three moves onto him. Not that you'd want to necessarily.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I just traded one of my Keldeos for the Dream World Arceus. I is pleased with my trading exploits.

Just one more step towards getting that JEREMY Gengar.

Edit:

People do. I know several trade shops on Serebii alone that boasts selections of Flawless Shiny Pokemon such as that.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-09-25 at 09:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I've got Black 2 preordered from Gamestop now. I am faced with a difficult quandary- should I attempt a blind nuzlocke (something I've never been able to do before, having discovered it after having beaten all the games), or should I try for a full run through?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Well, I've got Black 2 preordered from Gamestop now. I am faced with a difficult quandary- should I attempt a blind nuzlocke (something I've never been able to do before, having discovered it after having beaten all the games), or should I try for a full run through?
    I intend to abuse bulbapedia on my white 2 nuzlocke. You could try just a regular nuzlocke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

I am going to do a mostly-blind Ruby Nuzlocke. No use of any databases for anything but movesets of Pokemon I have already caught.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

I was tempted to do a nuzlocke for my Black 2... but then I decided to do a mono-bug run, using pokemon voted onto the team by my friends.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Pls tell me there's a scyther in there.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

I can count you guys' votes in the tally as well when I end up getting it.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

At least for a mono-bug run Black 2 and White 2 provide a decent selection of secondary types to provide diversity- as well as access to some decent powerhouses such as
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yanmega, Crustle, Heracross, Genesect, Volcarona

(spoilered for the sake of those intending to do blind runs)
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    At least for a mono-bug run Black 2 and White 2 provide a decent selection of secondary types to provide diversity- as well as access to some decent powerhouses such as
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yanmega, Crustle, Heracross, Genesect, Volcarona

(spoilered for the sake of those intending to do blind runs)
    Since I have a living pokedex on my white version, they're going to be voting from the entirety of it. I only get a new pokemon when a gym is beaten, though.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, my Keldeo and Arceus are now in the company of the Pikachu colored Pichu.

An even happier trader am I.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone tried special Landrous (normal forme)?
    Life Orb + Sheer Force + STAB Earth Power is ridiculous.

I've been using him lately and the power he has is really impressive
    Life Orb
    Timid
    Sheer Force
    252 SpA/252 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Earth Power
    -HP Ice
    -Focus Blast

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Once again, a happy trader am I:

I acquired the Recital Piplup and the 2006 Space Center Deoxys and I have a pending trade for a Korean DW Glaceon and DW Squirtle.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Banned

Not 100% sure this belongs here, but I couldn't find a pokemon thread in other media. Figured you pokemanaics would enjoy it though.

http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.ca/20...ovie-2000.html

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Not 100% sure this belongs here, but I couldn't find a pokemon thread in other media. Figured you pokemanaics would enjoy it though.

http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.ca/20...ovie-2000.html
    Suede... and Linkara (and JewWario) review Pokemon...?

HUZZAH!

I saw the review on the feature box in TGWTG this morning, and made a mental note to watch it later, but I didn't realise it was a crossover! Imma gonna make sure to watch that tomorrow, definately!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Suede... and Linkara (and JewWario) review Pokemon...?

HUZZAH!

I saw the review on the feature box in TGWTG this morning, and made a mental note to watch it later, but I didn't realise it was a crossover! Imma gonna make sure to watch that tomorrow, definately!
    They also did the first movie a few months back, you might want to watch that one first to get the whole...um...concept of the review.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    They also did the first movie a few months back, you might want to watch that one first to get the whole...um...concept of the review.
    They did?

Okay, be watchin' that as well.

(Hey, they can't rip it apart much worse than the NC did? And if they did, I would hazard it would be at least be a better informed ripping...! (No offense to Doug's review, because he's not a Pokemon fan, so was looking at it for the perspective of the unitiated, like many doubtless-bewildered parents...) For record, I thought it was fairly good, myself, but then I like the anime generally.)

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if it applies to anyone here, but apparently some Target stores have been selling BW2 early. It doesn't matter much to me since I already pre-ordered it and it drops in like a week anyway; but I figured if anyone really wanted to try...