New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Okay, just tried out Dream Radar. That's pretty intense.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

The first time I played the dream radar, it was midnight and I was too lazy to turn on the light. I was pretty neat to play in the dark.

I think a Metroid game using the dream radar tech (sans actually walking around) would be really cool. Like a normal FPS, but with turning covered by actually turning.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

How exactly does Dream Radar work anyways?

Does it just randomly select Pokemon to appear or are their zones like the Dream World or...?

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Every five minutes it's not being played, it generates a dream cloud. Some of these clouds contain pokemon or items, but other than that you use the laser to break clouds and get dream orbs, which can be spent on upgrades to your laser and visor, or used to buy items to help catch pokemon.

When you reveal a pokemon/item, it enters a catching minigame where you need to hit the rapidly moving orb to stun it, then mash A to fill a bar. When it's full you catch it, and if you don't get it on time it gets away.

I don't know how the legendaries work; I've had Tornadus fly across my screen once, but I think that was part of a cutscene.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Eegh. Tried Dream World again. Extra row to garden? Good: six rows means I can easily increase EV berry production by +50%. Trade Pals listed in Dream Pal menus? Well, seeing as Forrestfire (the only Trade Pal I've got) was greyed out, not really all that useful if the whole "four different worlds" thing is still in play; nice job there, guys...

I think they've upped the number of times you can get stuff out of the Dream World, as I must have had eight or ten attempts (90% in the Shining Sea) in an attempt to get a DW Corphish. (Well, a female one, anyway, I've got three males sitting in the Tree of Life.) I must have seen everything but. I even saw two dratinis, for cryin; out loud. Sheer idiocy made me skip the first one and the second was a male. *sigh* Must keep at it, though the team I plan to use it with is about two games ahead...

And, just to be tedious, I gave up trying to find some gardens to water, because everyone I visited had beds that were either empty or recently planted.

Yer just can't win somedays...

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

From what I gather, you need to collect enough Dream Orbs to purchase items that allow you to catch the legendaries.

Edit: Oooor maybe not. You do need to play the game enough to unlock the Extensions (I got one "randomly"), but I don't think you have to purchase them. Also, you can pay 5 play coins to refill all your available Dream Clouds 3 times per day, which is kinda neat.

Also, is it just me, or do the Therian formes remind you of previous generation's legendary trios? Tornadus clearly looks like the Legendary birds, and Landorus looks like the Legendary Beasts from Gen II. Thundurus looks sort of like the legendary Sprites from Gen IV?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-10-09 at 01:14 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Dream Radar is fun. It lets me play Pokemon without actually playing Pokemon, which is great because I don't want to start my game yet. Also more Pokemon in the game. I like the shooter mechanics.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, looks like I'm settling on a Hardy nature Tepig (after THREE Timid ones, I give up).

Owned the game for two days, and I just got my starter....
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I haven't even started yet. You're well ahead of me.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Colossus in the Playground

Does anyone have any idea how to get the guy blocking Castelia sewers to move? I want more pokemon.

NM He moved
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-10-09 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sort of guessing that the Dream Radar is one of them new-fangled things us out in the stix with an ancient, old regular DS are going to be missing out on, yes?

(Not that I really care all that much about different Pokemon forms in the first place, mind.)

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'm sort of guessing that the Dream Radar is one of them new-fangled things us out in the stix with an ancient, old regular DS are going to be missing out on, yes?

(Not that I really care all that much about different Pokemon forms in the first place, mind.)
    It is. It's also a way to get more Hidden Ability mons, including females. (<3 my female Prankster Riolu)

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    It is. It's also a way to get more Hidden Ability mons, including females. (<3 my female Prankster Riolu)
    Well, that burns slightly.

But I suppose, were I desparate for something, that's what trading is for, right?

Edit: On the other hand, an examination of currently available hidden abilities shows there's nothing I would want that's an improvement over the normal abilities that I can't already get. (As I really am not that bothered about legendaries, aside from obtaining them.) And the hidden abilities I would really kill for (Speed Boost Blaziken? Hells yes!) are on non-breedable promotion Pokemon anyway.

So, yeah. Not losin' anything there. I can gets me my Skill Trick Cinccino from the grottos, so I'm good...

Also, why in the merry hay do so many otherwise fairly good Pokemon (Houndour, Aerodactyl, Haxorus, Ty-fricking-ranitar?!) have unnerve as a Hidden Ability? Are berries really that prevelent in the meta-game...?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-09 at 04:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Back in 2009, right when I got a DS, I bought Pokemon Platinum. I played it a bunch for a while, then put it down. I picked it up for short times before putting it down again several times.

Today, bored, I decided to pick it up once more and finally really try to beat the Elite 4 (and the champion).

Took me three attempts, but I succeeded. After three years I finally beat the game.

And then I looked at the date I got the game.

I started on Oct 9th, 2009.

I beat the game on Oct 9th, 2012.

What an awesome coincidence.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-10-09 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Yeah... it's why even though I'll probably get one of the new Pokémon games soon-ish so I don't miss out on Genesect, I won't really be doing all the online stuff with it until I can get a 3DS, so the friend codes and all that won't change. (Speaking thereof, the OP has been updated to reflect the release of BW2, though I don't have any V2 Friend Codes yet)
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-09 at 04:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #646

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Back in 2009, right when I got a DS, I bought Pokemon Platinum. I played it a bunch for a while, then put it down. I picked it up for short times before putting it down again several times.

Today, bored, I decided to pick it up once more and finally really try to beat the Elite 4 (and the champion).

Took me three attempts, but I succeeded. After three years I finally beat the game.

And then I looked at the date I got the game.

I started on Oct 9th, 2009.

I beat the game on Oct 9th, 2012.

What an awesome coincidence.
    I approve your choice of starter and electric type

Out of curiosity, does anyone else feel like you're starved for pokemon in a nuzlocke run? I mean the pokemon are great, but you don't get alot of them. I'm in Castelia city and just got my sixth pokemon, and since I had two deaths that means I have four. With two badges.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone else feel like you're starved for pokemon in a nuzlocke run? I mean the pokemon are great, but you don't get alot of them. I'm in Castelia city and just got my sixth pokemon, and since I had two deaths that means I have four. With two badges.
    I've had the same problem. I had three pokemon before I got to Castlia city. I've got five, now- I added a raticate from the sewers and an eevee from the park (yes, I am lucky as hell).

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

I approve your choice of starter and electric type
    I remember it being well researched and calculated decision, but since it's been years I don't remember the details why.

Oh, actually, yes, I do. The Penguin looked the coolest out of the starters. That's why I chose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

19. - Top - End - #649

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    I've had the same problem. I had three pokemon before I got to Castlia city. I've got five, now- I added a raticate from the sewers and an eevee from the park (yes, I am lucky as hell).
    I just got my fifth a Petilil, but isn't Eevee a gift in Casetila city? I just have no idea where it is.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got my fifth a Petilil, but isn't Eevee a gift in Casetila city? I just have no idea where it is.
    I thought the Eevee gift was postgame.

21. - Top - End - #651

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I thought the Eevee gift was postgame.
    Is it?..... Joy.

22. - Top - End - #652

The eevee gift is post game (no magic bounce espeon for you), but you can catch wild eevee in Castelia Park, which is accessible from the sewers, just south west of where you meet the grunts.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

Argh XD

I got caught and forced through the introduction for Pokestar Studios, and now they won't let me leave!

24. - Top - End - #654

The eevee gift is post game (no magic bounce espeon for you), but you can catch wild eevee in Castelia Park, which is accessible from the sewers, just south west of where you meet the grunts.
    But I like Espeon....

And i got a Petilil there, not an Eevee.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Orc in the Playground

It gets better once you leave Castelia, but yeah. I chalk it up to the early game in general being condensed. I mean, you get three badges in the first four towns/cities you pass through, compared to five (Kanto, Johto), six (original Unova), or seven (Hoenn, Sinnoh).
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_0042 View Post
    It gets better once you leave Castelia, but yeah. I chalk it up to the early game in general being condensed. I mean, you get three badges in the first four towns/cities you pass through, compared to five (Kanto, Johto), six (original Unova), or seven (Hoenn, Sinnoh).
    Yeah, and unlike Kanto, or Johto, it's pretty much route, city, route, city.

On another note, Audino grinding, how I've missed you.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

rargh...Aesoft is still down...and I have so many good matches!
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

28. - Top - End - #658

The Nuzlocke is going fairly well. As of beating the third gym, my team is

Demo the Magnemite- lvl. 27
    Prole the Raticate- lvl. 25
    Pax the Servine- lvl. 25
    Demeter the Whirlipede- lvl. 25
    Nofscap the Umbreon- lvl. 28

Dead-
    Kalmte the Azurill- lvl. 11, killed by Demeter's Rollout
    Sulh the Purrloin- lvl. 13, killed by a magby's Ember
    Last edited by Othesemo; 2012-10-09 at 09:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

It's good to hear of some Nuzlocke general feelings. Blind Nuzlocke is going to be AWESOME. I think blind is how it's meant to be played. Playing with databases makes me feel like I'm cheating sometimes.

30. - Top - End - #660

The Nuzlocke is going fairly well. As of beating the third gym, my team is

Demo the Magnemite- lvl. 27
    Prole the Raticate- lvl. 25
    Pax the Servine- lvl. 25
    Demeter the Whirlipede- lvl. 25
    Nofscap the Umbreon- lvl. 28

Dead-
    Kalmte the Azurill- lvl. 11, killed by Demeter's Rollout
    Sulh the Purrloin- lvl. 13, killed by a magby's Ember
    I have

Kevin the Dewott Lv 24
    Emma the Watchog Lv 24
    Emily the Growlithe Lv 24
    Tyler the Crobat Lv 25
    Goldilocks the Petilil Lv 24

and dead

Tasha the Mareep Lv 13 (Work up, Tackle)
    Alexandria the Purrloin Lv 14 (Bide)

Tyler and Kevin made Burgh a complete curb-stomp.