New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    It's good to hear of some Nuzlocke general feelings. Blind Nuzlocke is going to be AWESOME. I think blind is how it's meant to be played. Playing with databases makes me feel like I'm cheating sometimes.
    I agree with you there. It's so very refreshing to just play the game. I'm currently only using any outside information for stuff like how to work mechanics like the memory link, and for pokemon learnsets.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I'm going to agree with you. It's so very refreshing to just play the game. I'm currently only using any outside information for stuff like how to work mechanics like the memory link, and for pokemon learnsets.
    I can't really do blind nuzlockes, one of my most common additional rules is I can only use as many pokemon as the next important fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #663

You know what was a really nasty shock? Running into N's Darmanitan literally a dozen steps into the Desert Resort. It was level 35. All my pokemon were level 22. Thankfully I managed to catch it with it only knocking out my Lucario (thank you Force Palm paralysis and Sandstorm damage!)

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You know what was a really nasty shock? Running into N's Darmanitan literally a dozen steps into the Desert Resort. It was level 35. All my pokemon were level 22. Thankfully I managed to catch it with it only knocking out my Lucario (thank you Force Palm paralysis and Sandstorm damage!)
    .... At least you have a Disc one nuke?

Are you nuzlocking or standard playing?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm actually considering to do a pseudo-Nuzlocke challenge for Pokemon Colosseum. It's a pseudo challenge due to the nature of the game, normal Nuzlocke rules would be hard to do.
    1. When a pokemon faints, shadow or purified, it is dead. (aka either released or put into a box never to be used again.)
    2. You cannot attempt to capture the shadow pokemon during rematches. This means the only time you are allowed to snag a Shadow Pokemon is on the first encounter with the trainer.
    3. All purified pokemon must have a nickname.
    4. (Optional, but highly encouraged:) Purify ALL the shadow pokemon!!
    5. (Optional:) Whenever a Shadow Pokemon enters Hyper/Reverse Mode, you MUST spend your next turn calling it out of it.
    6. XD Only: You can only snag one Shadow Pokemon per trainer.
    7. XD Only: You can catch only one pokemon from each Poke Spot.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what was a really nasty shock? Running into [snip] literally a dozen steps into the Desert Resort. It was level 35. All my pokemon were level 22. Thankfully I managed to catch it with it only knocking out my Lucario (thank you Force Palm paralysis and Sandstorm damage!)
    Boss fight!

Was this a nuzlocke?

7. - Top - End - #667

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    .... At least you have a Disc one nuke?

Are you nuzlocking or standard playing?
    Standard playing. I don't do blind nuzlockes; where's the fun in that (personally)? I like mapping out my team in advance. Even if it means that 4 of my team members have 5% encounter rates. Ah well, just Trapinch to go.

I was afraid of a party wipe though, especially since his first move was Belly Drum. Even though it wasn't a nuzlocke, it was an intense fight.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-09 at 11:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668

Standard playing. I don't do blind nuzlockes; where's the fun in that (personally)? I like mapping out my team in advance. Even if it means that 4 of my team members have 5% encounter rates. Ah well, just Trapinch to go.

I was afraid of a party wipe though, especially since his first move was Belly Drum. Even though it wasn't a nuzlocke, it was an intense fight.
    Well it could have been worse....

Arceus though. Glad I didn't memory link

9. - Top - End - #669

Welp there's my third death. Rebecca the Sandile Lv 14-24. One-shotted by a Fire attack, which I could have sworn ground types resisted.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Dang, Burgh's gym is creepy.

11. - Top - End - #671

Dang, Burgh's gym is creepy.
    Well I might have been more weirded out, but I was eagerly awaiting the planned curb-stomp. Which my Crobat and Dewott did.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Barbarian in the Playground

Argh XD

I got caught and forced through the introduction for Pokestar Studios, and now they won't let me leave!
    Glad to know I'm not the only one annoyed by that.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well I might have been more weirded out, but I was eagerly awaiting the planned curb-stomp. Which my Crobat and Dewott did.
    Haha, yeah, that was fun. Burgh, meet Luke. Luke, meet Burgh. Luke, Flame Wheel. I guess the Darmanitan was was the game's way of making up for that lack of a good fight.

And I do have a disc one nuke. I traded my Eevee over to White, evolved it to Vaporeon, and proceeded to teach it Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Waterfall.

EDIT: Oh god, that pokemon's moveset is Thrash, Belly Drum, Flare Blitz, and Hammer Arm. Disc 1 nuke indeed.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-10 at 07:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

I am purposely avoiding all highly detailed information on Black/White 2 so I can play my Nuzlocke blind.

Part of the fun of Nuzlocke for me is the challenge aspect. It's not fun to have to catch 10 Spearow or Fearows in a Nuzlocke, but it's just not challenging to Nuzlocke games for which I have detailed encounter charts that let me ensure I can catch a Houndour. So I have to balance my rules with other rules.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

I love how you get the Return TM right as you enter an area full of pokemon that evolve on happiness

16. - Top - End - #676
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, question. Which would be preferable for completing the game- Keeping my magneton with an eviolite, or evolving it into magenzone?

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    So, question. Which would be preferable for completing the game- Keeping my magneton with an eviolite, or evolving it into magenzone?
    Magnezone has only a 10 point increase in special attack, so I'd say just use the magneton.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Is everyone Nuzlocking B2W2 now? I'm playing HG myself. Just beat Morty, nearly losing Dog the Growlithe (2 HP!) and Irwin the Croconaw to that damned Gengar. Columbine the Pidgeotto ended up beating the Gengar and one Haunter with Gust (accidentally Day-cared off Peck). I hate Morty's Gengar now and forever.

On the +++++++side, my first shiny ever - a Koffing from the Burned Tower. So much happy. And on a cartridge!

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    On the +++++++side, my first shiny ever - a Koffing from the Burned Tower. So much happy. And on a cartridge!
    That's awesome! Congrats.

Shiny Koffing/Weezing are cool, I like them in blue.

20. - Top - End - #680

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Is everyone Nuzlocking B2W2 now? I'm playing HG myself. Just beat Morty, nearly losing Dog the Growlithe (2 HP!) and Irwin the Croconaw to that damned Gengar. Columbine the Pidgeotto ended up beating the Gengar and one Haunter with Gust (accidentally Day-cared off Peck). I hate Morty's Gengar now and forever.

I just used a Crobat. (Which come to think about it, seems my standard response to a lot of things. Throw a Crobat at it)

Also yay shiny!

21. - Top - End - #681

So...so far this is what I'm thinking of for my competitive team:

Cloyster - Naive - Skill Link - Expert Belt
    Shell Smash/Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Rapid Spin
    252 ATT/252 Speed/6 HP

Gliscore - Impish - Poison Heal - Toxic Orb?
    Protect/Earthquake/Toxic/Ice Fang
    252 ATT/252 HP?/6 Speed

Volcarona - ? - ? - ?
    Quiver Dance/?/?/?
    252 Sp ATT/252 Sp Def/6 HP

Terrakion - ? - Justified - ?
    Earthquake?/Sacred Sword/Swords Dance
    ?/?/?

Scizor - ? - ? - ?
    Bullet Punch/Swords Dance/Pursuit/?

Suggestions and help, please?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

When I get B2 or W2, I'm going to Nuzlocke. What do you think about my planned method for fitting the Dream Radar into it?

Said method:
    Put the first Dream Radar pokemon into the game. A second cannot be sent until the first is dead. They must be sent in sequence of getting. No deliberate killing-off.

Alternate method: One pokemon can be sent each time a gym is beaten. Again, they must be sent in sequence.

So, which?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...so far this is what I'm thinking of for my competitive team:

Cloyster - Naive - Skill Link - Expert Belt
    Shell Smash/Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Rapid Spin
    252 ATT/252 Speed/6 HP

Gliscore - Impish - Poison Heal - Toxic Orb? (Yes)
    Protect/Earthquake/Toxic/Ice Fang
    252 ATT/252 HP?/6 Speed

Volcarona - Timid - Flame Body - Leftovers or Lum Berry
    Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz/HP Ground
    252 Sp ATT/252 Sp Def/6 HP

Terrakion -Jolly - Justified - Leftovers
    Earthquake?/Sacred Sword/Swords Dance/Stone Edge
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Life Orb/Leftovers
    Bullet Punch/Swords Dance/Pursuit/Superpower
    252 Atk/252 SpDef/6 HP

Suggestions and help, please?
    That should give you a fairly solid team
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    When I get B2 or W2, I'm going to Nuzlocke. What do you think about my planned method for fitting the Dream Radar into it?

Said method:
    Put the first Dream Radar pokemon into the game. A second cannot be sent until the first is dead. They must be sent in sequence of getting. No deliberate killing-off.

Alternate method: One pokemon can be sent each time a gym is beaten. Again, they must be sent in sequence.

So, which?
    I'd say go with the latter. It would let you actually get the cool pokemon later instead of having to wait.

25. - Top - End - #685

Any suggestions for a 6th Pokemon?(quite liked your suggestion b0jo. Technician will work quite nicely for Scizor. Not to mention all of your othe nice suggestions, which I would have completely forgotten about. Some of these new pokemons are so hard to decide on...).
    I was thinking maybe Dragonite? I dunno. I'd like something with an electric type move, and Dragonite seems like a great choice.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-10-10 at 08:57 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #686

Nuzlocke update- I'm doing well. I'm about to challenge Elesa, and I've had no further deaths. My team is as follows-

Femis the Minccino- lvl. 30
    Demo the Magneton- lvl. 30
    Nofscap the Umbreon- lvl. 30
    Demeter the Scolipede- lvl. 30
    Hipp the Roselia- lvl. 30
    Feix the Darumaka- lvl. 30

Femis is bloody amazing. It has its hidden ability, skill link, which roughly translates into '125 BP STAB spamming.' I can't wait to get a shiny stone.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say go with the latter. It would let you actually get the cool pokemon later instead of having to wait.
    Problem is, it limits me to the first eight (plus legends). And the first eight are going to suck. I already got two, and it's Munna and that bird-thing that looks vaguely like an Unown.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #688

Well, turns out that training was largely unnecessary. Umbreon completely destroyed everything in that gym in one try. I just gave it leftovers and had it spam return until everything was dead. I took a net total of 43 damage from 4 trainer fights.

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Well, turns out that training was largely unnecessary. Umbreon completely destroyed everything in that gym in one try. I just gave it leftovers and had it spam return until everything was dead. I took a net total of 43 damage from 4 trainer fights.
    Good job! Wish I had an Eevee. (No Goldilocks I have no problems with Petilil's it's just Eevee's are awesome)

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Problem is, it limits me to the first eight (plus legends). And the first eight are going to suck. I already got two, and it's Munna and that bird-thing that looks vaguely like an Unown.
    Why not play it that it's the first you get from each tier? So, you find one before tornadus, one before thundurus, etc.

And then when you finish the legend catching, use a special extension and keep the first one you get from there, etc.