New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...Oh. Lovely. Welp, let's just hope I can Ice Beam my way through it then. At least my Growlithe has Intimidate.
    Ice beam should help. For my team, Drayden was by far the hardest pre E4 fight. Of course, I had no ice type attacks to speak of, so that was probably a factor.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Aside from the usual differences in pokemon, are the b/W2 games different at all?

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

...Oh. Lovely. Welp, let's just hope I can Ice Beam my way through it then. At least my Growlithe has Intimidate.
    By the time you get to the gym, your Growlithe should have Outrage (learns at 43 I believe), which makes the whole gym a joke.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #814

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Aside from the usual differences in pokemon, are the b/W2 games different at all?
    They're a hell of a lot more different than any other 3rd game (emerald, platinum, etcetera) was from the original.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

... Yeah.

They're the Gold/Silver to B/W's Red/Blue.

I meant WITH EACH OTHER.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    By the time you get to the gym, your Growlithe should have Outrage (learns at 43 I believe), which makes the whole gym a joke.
    ...Oh yeeaaaahhh...

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

... Yeah.

They're the Gold/Silver to B/W's Red/Blue.

I meant WITH EACH OTHER.
    Route 4 is either filled with new apartment/office buildings or excavated ruins, there's a cave section that either has an aquatic or magma decor, N is referred to having befriended either Zekrom or Reshiram, Black City/White Forest and Opelucid have the same differences as before, your path through Victory Road differs...

8. - Top - End - #818
    Colossus in the Playground

There's a few more towns, the pokemon world tournament seems like a lot of fun and a billion times better than the battle subway, the breeding mechanics seem more competitive-battling friendly, and move tutors have returned.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There's a few more towns, the pokemon world tournament seems like a lot of fun and a billion times better than the battle subway, the breeding mechanics seem more competitive-battling friendly, and move tutors have returned.
    ...Nine meant between Black 2 and White 2.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Just started the Drayden fight.

So, I generally use the same names for my player characters.

I was greatly amused when he talked about being impressed "by Forrest and Iris," to another Forrest.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Just started the Drayden fight.

So, I generally use the same names for my player characters.

I was greatly amused when he talked about being impressed "by Forrest and Iris," to another Forrest.
    I do this, too. Makes the flashbacks a little more mindscrew-y.

That, and switching versions means that your previous character is retconned into capturing the Legendary Dragon that you didn't capture. (Also retconned into not-catching Kyurem and the Swords of Justice and depending on your interpretation possibly also Zoroark, much like with Red in GSC/HGSS... not-catching as opposed to releasing unless N is just that special.)

12. - Top - End - #822

You know, B2/W2 is the first time since... Crystal, I believe? that I haven't bought at least one of the two on release. All you lucky, money-having people... *shakes fist*
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

13. - Top - End - #823

For me, money's not the problem, midterms are.

I'm itchin' for my pokemon fix, but I know I'll lose so much poductivity when do get a game.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

14. - Top - End - #824

Getting ever closer to my pokedex completion. My to-do list:

Spoiler
    Show

Yamask-Level 19| needs 34
    Deerling-Level 23 | needs 34
    Ducklette-Level 23 | needs 35
    Baltoy-Level 27 | needs 36
    Joltik-Level 25 | needs 36
    Archen-Level 26 | needs 37
    Tirtouga-level 1| needs 37
    Skorupi-level 31 | needs 40
    Ferroseed-Level 27 | needs 40
    Beheeyem-Level 30 | needs 42
    Litwick-Level 31 | needs 41/Dusk Stone
    Trapinch-Level 21 | needs 35/45
    Axew-Level 30 | needs 38/48
    Klink-Level 26 | needs 38/49
    Bisharp-Level 40 | needs 52
    Zweilous-Level 51 | needs 64

Golbat-Happiness
    Woobat-Happiness
    Buneary-Happiness
    Espeon-Happiness
    Umbreon-Happiness

Flareon-Stone
    Eelektric-Stone
    Magmar-needs Magmarizer

Gothita-Trade and level
    Heracross-Trade

Cryogonal-Capture or Trade

I should probably have checked what the reward was for completion before going through all this trouble, but I'm so close now, gotta keep grinding. All I can say is thank god for all of the daily level 60-75 trainers out there. (I got 15 pokemon evolved from levels today, but they were all the easy ones who just needed 1-2 levels. The remaining ones I figure I'll probably only be able to get 3-4 a day unless I go grinding audinos or start grinding the elite 4)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always viewed pokedex completion as more of a bragging rights reward. I personally feel extremely proud of my living pokedex.

I'm gonna have to get all the medals, though, now that I realize that they exist.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a challenge for you guys that have B/W 2. Earn the "One and Only" medal, by stomping the entire Elite 4 (including champ) with only one Pokemon. Bonus points if you turn on challenge mode. (if you have black 2, gives all of their pokemon a 5 level bump) I'll post a pic of my entry once I get hold of a camera that's not attached to the back of my 3DS.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-10-16 at 04:32 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    I have a challenge for you guys that have B/W 2. Earn the "One and Only" medal, by stomping the entire Elite 4 (including champ) with only one Pokemon. Bonus points if you turn on challenge mode. (if you have black 2) I'll post a pic of my entry once I get hold of a camera that's not attached to the back of my 3DS.
    I was thinking about turning on easy mode and trying this with my Krookodile (it has the best type coverage to sweep them all, I think). I don't think a hard mode run would be possible without an optimized level 100 and a lot of items.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking about turning on easy mode and trying this with my Krookodile (it has the best type coverage to sweep them all, I think). I don't think a hard mode run would be possible without an optimized level 100 and a lot of items.
    I personally did it with my Level 100 Shaymin that I ported from my SS game. It knows Seed Flare, Air Slash, Earth Power, and Hidden Power (Fire, lucky me), so coverage generally wasn't an issue. Still took me 3 tries though, due to Shauntal's Drifblim and it's STAB'd, Flying Gem'd Acrobatics.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

19. - Top - End - #829
    Barbarian in the Playground

Obligatory Update: Gym 1 Defeated!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Lineup:
    Oshawatt - Level 11
    Genesect - Level 15
    Purrloin - Level 11
    Riolu - Level 9 (Yeah, I know everyone is doing it, but I've never raised a Riolu/Lucario)
    Mareep - Level 8

Also did the memory link thing, and saw N releasing his Pokemon. Even mentioned the Pkmn White 1 hero by name! They need to do that kind of link with all future Pokemon games. Continuity is rather awesome.
    ]

Heading off to Gym 2 next time I get to play. Only 2 hours in so far.
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I was sweeping the E4 with just one Pokémon before Challenge Mode was ever released, and the 'mon wasn't anywhere near level 100.

What I think a real challenge would be is fighting the Champion Tournament with only one Pokémon, whose Base Stat Total must be less than 570. (Which neatly eliminates all Legendaries and Pseudo-Legendaries) Exceptions can be made for Regigigas and Slaking, due to their horrifyingly terrible abilities.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-16 at 05:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I was sweeping the E4 with just one Pokémon before Challenge Mode was ever released, and the 'mon wasn't anywhere near level 100.

What I think a real challenge would be is fighting the Champion Tournament with only one Pokémon, whose Base Stat Total must be less than 570. (Which neatly eliminates all Legendaries and Pseudo-Legendaries) Exceptions can be made for Regigigas and Slaking, due to their horrifyingly terrible abilities.
    Back in BW1, I swept the E4 with a dragon dancing gyarados. I did have to use a few elixers and potions, but no revives and no other pokemon. Of course, he was still about level 70, IIRC, so it'd probably be much easier if he were lvl. 100.

If I were to do it in BW2, I'd go for my Starmie. It's got BoltBeam coverage, and access to both minimize and recover.
    Last edited by Othesemo; 2012-10-16 at 05:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #832

So, I've been clearing out the White Tree Hollow tonight, using the trainers there to help evolve my ever shrinking list of pokemon I still need. Just got the exp millionaire medal. I expected that to be much more difficult.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

I swept the White elite four multiple times with my level 80 (at the start) Volcarona back when I was completing the pokedex. It's really not that hard.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I swept the White elite four multiple times with my level 80 (at the start) Volcarona back when I was completing the pokedex. It's really not that hard.
    Really, the only difference is that the new Champion has a fairly good type focus and in Challenge Mode all the Pokémon are six levels higher than the rematch teams from the original.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

I just realized that Marlon is white. Those tan lines!
    Also, HOLY CRAP! Ghestis has a flying pirate ship with a Wave Motion Gun! THAT SHOOTS ICE! XD

EDIT: And then I realized why.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    I have a challenge for you guys that have B/W 2. Earn the "One and Only" medal, by stomping the entire Elite 4 (including champ) with only one Pokemon. Bonus points if you turn on challenge mode. (if you have black 2, gives all of their pokemon a 5 level bump) I'll post a pic of my entry once I get hold of a camera that's not attached to the back of my 3DS.
    Accepted!

Will post results soon. Garchomp grows hungry for pokeflesh...

Edit: Phone's being a piece of trash, so a photo won't be possible just yet. However, I won with Garchomp (big surprise, heh). Items used: Max potion, Max Ether, Rock Gem. Shell Bell was used for the Elite 4, had to use an Ether since 16 Earthquake PP wasn't enough. Forgot Iris's Haxorus has a Focus Sash, and almost lost to Outrage . Now would be a great time to relearn Dual Chop on Garchomp, since it and Dragon Claw end up having the same power anyway, and Dual Chop breaks subs and sashes. The reduced accuracy is slightly a bummer, though...
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-10-16 at 11:43 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fact: the fastest way to accumulate Shards after clearing out your daily sources, other than running around in caves with five dozen Max Repels, is to lose at PWT. That's right, you can have your little sibling/cousin/niece/nephew farm Shards for you while they learn to play in the big leagues. That, or you can do something that the computer can cheat easier at, like Mix Rotation or Rentals or something.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-16 at 11:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Fact: the fastest way to accumulate Shards after clearing out your daily sources, other than running around in caves with five dozen Max Repels, is to lose at PWT. That's right, you can have your little sibling/cousin/niece/nephew farm Shards for you while they learn to play in the big leagues. That, or you can do something that the computer can cheat easier at, like Mix Rotation or Rentals or something.
    Nice. By the way, does anyone know how to expand the PWT? Right now I've got Burgh and Roxie occasionally chipping in at the Driftveil tourney, but my options are still limited to Mix/Rentals/Download, after beating Mix/Rentals/Driftveil a few times. Is there some other requirement to unlocking like, Gym Leaders/Champions?

Also my Black version is now ~30 level 1 munnas richer. Synchronize breeding without Dittos provided a lot of trade fodder .
    Morning Star

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Nice. By the way, does anyone know how to expand the PWT? Right now I've got Burgh and Roxie occasionally chipping in at the Driftveil tourney, but my options are still limited to Mix/Rentals/Download, after beating Mix/Rentals/Driftveil a few times. Is there some other requirement to unlocking like, Gym Leaders/Champions?

Also my Black version is now ~30 level 1 munnas richer. Synchronize breeding without Dittos provided a lot of trade fodder .
    I believe that the more difficult championships are not unlocked until the E4 is beaten.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    I believe that the more difficult championships are not unlocked until the E4 is beaten.
    Oooh, I see. Also, I was speaking to the green-hatted lady, when the red-hatted one was the one for other tournament options!
    Morning Star