New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Black and White, of the games with Berries, has the worst Berry mechanics besides maybe FR/LG.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I thought I had a bunch of EV berries. I had read that they were going to change it so that if you hadn't logged in in a while, your planted berries would disappear and become dream points. Sadly, that must have been a misreading, because it just 1'ed out all of my berries that weren't planted. I'm now 6000 dream points richer, which means a whole lot because I already had enough dream points to go anywhere I wanted to. No, really, thanks.

Sent a couple of friend requests, so if you want EV berries, I'd better be getting my garden watered.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I've Dream Pal'd you Oracle, watered your plants and raided your share shelf!

Then I discovered you can switch between game cards and use the DW with both, provided you're within your one-hour per day DW (clearly per account) limit. (So the trick is, Gamesync both games before entering the DW.)

So I Dream Pal'd Oracle and me with my Black and raided my share shelf, so White now has all six EV berries. Huzzah!

And, I know how to get sorted for BW2 in the fullness of time.

And I restocked Black's share shelf and added leppa berry, now mine have fruited.

No useful Pokemon off the DW this time,but knowing I need to use a water-type seriously helps (my next quest is to grab a DW female Corphish...)

I concur with Forrestfire though; DWing the berries is way more of a pain than in any other generation.

Though, I suppose, if you only have one DS to hand, it is easier - now we know how - to transfer them game to game even fairly early, giving you plenty of time to accumulate a store by the time you actually need some.

I'm trying to hit up the DW quite a bit over this week, since a week tomorrow, I'll be going away and - last night's trawl through White aside! - that's when I tend to do most of my Pokemoning. (Which explains why I'm so slow!)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

So...how about those Freeze Bolt/Cold Flare Scans?
    *Hopes this is the right place for TCG talk*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Right place, if I'm not mistaken, but I haven't touched the TCG in years so I don't even know what I'm looking at.

6. - Top - End - #66

Those would be the scans and translations of the most recent set in Japan that we'll be getting in around November.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Heh, that's hilarious, Scyther's still being a poster boy for fitting in to any deck. Though, those Pokemon-Ex cards do look attra- *sees Scizor* -Oh, I see what they did there.

Also, Celebi passes wind to attack, giggle giggle giggle.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Is it just me, or is the new Charizard way better than the ones that came before?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Heh, that's hilarious, Scyther's still being a poster boy for fitting in to any deck. Though, those Pokemon-Ex cards do look attra- *sees Scizor* -Oh, I see what they did there.

Also, Celebi passes wind to attack, giggle giggle giggle.
    I don't get it (about Scizor).

Also, why are there two copies of every EX, with no difference other than picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I don't get it (about Scizor).

Also, why are there two copies of every EX, with no difference other than picture?
    The second one is the much rarer full-card art.

Scizor (or at least the one in Cold Flare) has a move that makes it immune to Pokémon-EX attacks the next turn.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Is it just me, or is the new Charizard way better than the ones that came before?
    Yeah, the Charizard is pretty awesome. Combine it with the Emboar that let's you put as many Fire Type energies from your hand onto one of your Pokemon before you attack...you could be using Burn Out pretty dang fast!

And yes, Full-Arts are more rare. I've only pulled 2 full-arts from the around 100 packs I've bought. 1 from Next Destinies(Kyurem) and 1 from Dark Explorers(Groudon EX).
    Though I've pulled 3 regular EXs(Mewtwo, Darkrai, Tornadus).
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Scizor (or at least the one in Cold Flare) has a move that makes it immune to Pokémon-EX attacks the next turn.
    For what it's worth for people that don't play the game, it's an attack that uses colorless energy, which means that said attack can be "powered" using any energy type. In simpler terms, if you are afraid of being squashed by a Pokemon-EX, no matter what deck you're running, you can chuck in Scyther and Scizor and wall them away until they switch out or force you to switch out. I don't know how easy this is to do now, looks like the big switchy card in that set is Escape Rope, which switches both pokemon but gives both players a choice of which pokemon to switch in to. Back-in-meh-day, we had a card called Gust of Win for matters like this one, but for some odd reason they kept misprinting the name of the card every release.

And to overexplain the joke, the first Scyther card also had an attack that required colorless energy, and was used even in decks that didn't run Grass energy because Hitmonchan was a very popular card which Scyther resisted.

My only rarer-than-rare cards are Shining Charizard and Shining Kabutops. No, it's okay to continue laughing.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-07-21 at 11:01 PM.
    ---

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Yeah, the Charizard is pretty awesome. Combine it with the Emboar that let's you put as many Fire Type energies from your hand onto one of your Pokemon before you attack...you could be using Burn Out pretty dang fast!
    As far as setting up Charizard is concerned, even the new Freeze Bolt Charmander appears to be no slouch in a pinch... and the sheer proportion of Burn Out's cost that can be filled using Colorless energy is going to help too.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Back-in-meh-day, we had a card called Gust of Win for matters like this one, but for some odd reason they kept misprinting the name of the card every release.
    Yeah, their spelling just keeps getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    As far as setting up Charizard is concerned, even the new Freeze Bolt Charmander appears to be no slouch in a pinch... and the sheer proportion of Burn Out's cost that can be filled using Colorless energy is going to help too.
    I want to make it work in a deck so badly, but it's in an incredibly awkward spot. Five energy means that, in actual play, you're going to be swinging on turn 3 at best, when most decent decks are mostly set up by turn 3 at worst. The damage is also in an odd spot - it misses the OHKO on most EX's by 20 or 30, and there's plenty of other cards hit for 120 or 130 (enough to OHKO nearly any non-EX) for far cheaper. It's pretty much as awesomely impractical as Base Set 'Zard.
    Last edited by Agent_0042; 2012-07-22 at 01:54 PM.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dear Diary, today I learned that Romhackers have NO sense of difficulty.

I was Nuzlocking Light Platinum because I love and relish punishment, and the first trainer, on Route 1, had 5 pokemon, one of which knew rollout. Against my level 7 Charmander.

whaaaaat
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

And to overexplain the joke, the first Scyther card also had an attack that required colorless energy, and was used even in decks that didn't run Grass energy because Hitmonchan was a very popular card which Scyther resisted.
    It was used in many decks because 1) Fire was terrible 2) None of its attacks required specific energy 3) When relevant, Gyrados was weak to Grass 4) Free Retreat 5) High-HP Basic 6) Mostly the Free Retreat, I mean honestly.

To clarify the extent that Scyther was used in the original run of the tournament circuit: I have about 8 decks that I used. 6 of them had 4 copies of Scyther and 4 copies of Double Colorless Energy mostly because it was good with Scyther.

*stops overexplaining joke and sits in a corner*
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-07-23 at 02:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_0042 View Post
    Yeah, their spelling just keeps getting worse.

I want to make it work in a deck so badly, but it's in an incredibly awkward spot. Five energy means that, in actual play, you're going to be swinging on turn 3 at best, when most decent decks are mostly set up by turn 3 at worst. The damage is also in an odd spot - it misses the OHKO on most EX's by 20 or 30, and there's plenty of other cards hit for 120 or 130 (enough to OHKO nearly any non-EX) for far cheaper. It's pretty much as awesomely impractical as Base Set 'Zard.
    I'd be using bomb in the beginning though. It's just like Kyoger EX's Dual Splash which my friend is currently using in his deck and it's ANNOYING.
    Which Charizard is better thanks to not being an EX
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

The biggest problem is, of course, that Reishiram is probably better than something you have to actually evolve into. I mean, Emboar decks already pretty much have to play Ninetails because it's amazing.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

The frag...?

Last couple of times I used the DW, I got both games synched up and was able to use both... But it wouldn't let me get on with my Black today, despite not doing anything different.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if putting a pokemon in a box lowers friendship at all? I have an eevee at max happiness that I need to wait until nighttime for so I can get an umbreon...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if putting a pokemon in a box lowers friendship at all? I have an eevee at max happiness that I need to wait until nighttime for so I can get an umbreon...
    Bulbapedia says no (except for Yellow Pikachu).

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks. (It totally slipped my mind to check bulbapedia. )

EDIT: Out of curiosity, does anybody have any pokemon from these evolutionary lines for trade?

Spoiler
    Show

• Lapras
    • Chikorita/Bayleaf/Meganium
    • Totodile/Crocnaw/Feraligatr
    • Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
    • Aipom/Ambipom
    • Snubbull/Granbull
    • Miltank
    • Houndour/Houndoom
    • Skarmory
    • Phanphy/Donphan
    • Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
    • Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
    • Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
    • Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
    • Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
    • Wurmple/Silcoon/Cascoon/Beautifly/Dustox
    • Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
    • Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
    • Shroomish/Breloom
    • Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
    • Nincada/Ninjask
    • Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
    • Makuhita/Hariyama
    • Nosepass/Probopass
    • Skitty/Delakitty
    • Electrike/Manectric
    • Plusle
    • Volbeat
    • Gulpin/Swalot
    • Numel/Camerupt
    • Torkoal
    • Spinda
    • Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
    • Cacnea/Cacturne
    • Corphis/Crawdaunt
    • Castform
    • Kekleon
    • Duskull/Duskclops/Dusknoir
    • Snorunt/Glalie/Frosslass
    • Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
    • Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
    • Female Combee/Vespiqueen
    • Pachirisu
    • Buneary/Lopunny
    • Glameow/Purugly
    • Stunky/Skuntank
    • Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
    • Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
    • Skorupi/Drapion
    • Carnivine
    • Snover/Abomasnow
    • Mewtwo
    • Mew
    • Ho-Oh
    • Regirock
    • Regice
    • Registeel
    • Regigigas
    • Groudon
    • Kyogre
    • Rayquaza
    • Deoxys
    • Phione
    • Manaphy
    • Darkrai
    • Shaymin
    • Arceus

Long list, I know... I just felt like throwing it all out there in case anyone has anything. I have a large amount of common pokemon, I can breed some with wanted natures, and I have several with 31 in a specific stat. On the front of the legendaries, I don't have much other than some extra event legends (the Legendary Beasts, Celebi) and an extra Kyurem.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Man I had the worst victory I had my opponent down to a ttar and amoongus while I had a Skarmory out with a Heatran and Terrakion in the wings. Hit the mushroom with a brave bird for over 60% hit again and crit, the guy calls me out on my "hax" and then rage quit. I had the audacity to get lucky I guess. I am the saddest of pandas right now
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, it looks like you had that game in the bag hax or no. If you want to play a game without hax, don't play Pokemon. The mechanics are created such that hax is just part of the game.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Luck can be really wonky in pokemon sometimes. Actually, today I was playing with some friends. My scizor got thunder waved, then stayed paralyzed for 4 turns in a row... It was kinda ridiculous.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Paralyzed for 4 turns ! And that also in a row !! that's kinda too long mate. How did you managed the rest of your game then ? But I would also say that you showed up a good patience, otherwise I would have had left the game when it would got paralyzed for the second time.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, he had no rapid spinner, so my milotic phased his pokemon over three layers of spikes and a stealth rocks until they all died... It was still kinda ridiculous, though.

EDIT: The main reason I won is because he made the mistake of paralyzing my Milotic, which didn't lose any turns in addition to activating marvel scale. Luck is weird.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    EDIT: Out of curiosity, does anybody have any pokemon from these evolutionary lines for trade?

Spoiler
    Show

• Lapras
    • Chikorita/Bayleaf/Meganium
    • Totodile/Crocnaw/Feraligatr
    • Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
    • Aipom/Ambipom
    • Snubbull/Granbull
    • Miltank
    • Houndour/Houndoom
    • Skarmory
    • Phanphy/Donphan
    • Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
    • Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
    • Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
    • Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
    • Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
    • Wurmple/Silcoon/Cascoon/Beautifly/Dustox
    • Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
    • Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
    • Shroomish/Breloom
    • Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
    • Nincada/Ninjask
    • Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
    • Makuhita/Hariyama
    • Nosepass/Probopass
    • Skitty/Delakitty
    • Electrike/Manectric
    • Plusle
    • Volbeat
    • Gulpin/Swalot
    • Numel/Camerupt
    • Torkoal
    • Spinda
    • Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
    • Cacnea/Cacturne
    • Corphis/Crawdaunt
    • Castform
    • Kekleon
    • Duskull/Duskclops/Dusknoir
    • Snorunt/Glalie/Frosslass
    • Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
    • Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
    • Female Combee/Vespiqueen
    • Pachirisu
    • Buneary/Lopunny
    • Glameow/Purugly
    • Stunky/Skuntank
    • Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
    • Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
    • Skorupi/Drapion
    • Carnivine
    • Snover/Abomasnow
    • Mewtwo
    • Mew
    • Ho-Oh
    • Regirock
    • Regice
    • Registeel
    • Regigigas
    • Groudon
    • Kyogre
    • Rayquaza
    • Deoxys
    • Phione
    • Manaphy
    • Darkrai
    • Shaymin
    • Arceus

Long list, I know... I just felt like throwing it all out there in case anyone has anything. I have a large amount of common pokemon, I can breed some with wanted natures, and I have several with 31 in a specific stat. On the front of the legendaries, I don't have much other than some extra event legends (the Legendary Beasts, Celebi) and an extra Kyurem.
    Theoretically I have most of those squirreled away somewhere, and probably a fair proportion on my Black. On the down side, I'm going away tomorrow, so I don't have time to get anything sorted now.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Pokemon conquest has finally released here in the UK... and it is great fun so far.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

How would you guys rate Conquest? Haven't played any games like it, but based on a few friends and and my like of Pokemon, I'm willing to branch out...
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.