New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

You can catch Ponyta on Route 206 in Diamond and Pearl versions.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-10-21 at 01:01 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you get to the Frigate and see him there, however, the only way I could interpret it is that SCIENCE! is his only morality.
    I guess I'll find out for myself when I get there, but right now I really can't help but shake the sense that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghetsis was holding something over Colress' head.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-21 at 01:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooo! Lemonades are half the price and heal more! And Moomoo Milk is still cheaper and heals more!
    I know, but laziness. Money is seriously not an issue - I haven't sold a single item, and am sitting at 150k.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Caught a Zebstrika right before facing Skyla's gym, soloed the entire thing, it's now my highest level Pokemon. I don't mind this.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    You can catch Ponyta on Route 206 in Diamond and Pearl versions.
    Thanks loads, that's really useful!

I did a stupid though. Went to route 206, snagged a ponyta, then dropped my ds and froze the game. Guess I should have saved sometime after I stormed the Team Galactic building...
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

*glares at Omanyte* So I grabbed an Omanyte from Dream World in Black 2. Perfect, I thought. I needed a surfer and I like my pokemon somewhat bulky. It was only later that I discovered that Weak Armour is an absolutely terrible ability, at least on him.

I think I might just transfer him to Black, breed a new one, grind him up to the right level there, and transfer him back, just to save myself a lot of trouble now.

EDIT: ^ Ouch, this is why I save often. Like, way too much. It was soon after the fifth gym that I received the medal for saving the game 100 times. <.<
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-21 at 02:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #937

Ok, I once more have my lovely level 14 female ponyta, just like I got first time around. And now I've saved. Thanks for all the help, folks!
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Worst thing a Throh can use while you're trying to catch it: Circle Throw.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Worst thing a Throh can use while you're trying to catch it: Circle Throw.
    What's that one do again?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    What's that one do again?
    Switches out the active 'mon. Or, in the wild, ends the battle. Yeah, that'd suck.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Firbolg in the Playground

Google tells me Circle Throw is basically whirlwind/roar.

Anyway, re: the Cincinno thing earlier, yeah it's pretty awesome. That same trick is why I went with Cloyster. Shell Smash + Skill Link + Icicle Spear = ridiculous killing machine. It's probably going to be what I use to sweep the E4 for my solo medal.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Switches out the active 'mon. Or, in the wild, ends the battle. Yeah, that'd suck.
    Also, if you try to catch Throh in Route 23, they all have it because they don't get to level 53 there.

On the other hand, Victory Road has underleveled Zweilous, much more useful than trying to catch and train a decent Deino.

Also, Golurk in Victory Road will almost invariably use Curse after being reduced to 50% HP, just out of spite.

Furthermore, Doctor Logan's Clefable is a jerk when your frontline Pokémon doesn't have the moves to handle it and relies on residual damage, but fortunately it used Metronome to Selfdestruct from behind +6 Evasion.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-21 at 06:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943

Furthermore, Doctor Logan's Clefable is a jerk when your frontline Pokémon doesn't have the moves to handle it and relies on residual damage, but fortunately it used Metronome to Selfdestruct from behind +6 Evasion.
    That was probably the most annoying fight of the game (except for a Whimsicott in the PWT who spammed minimize). It would have gone a lot faster if I had remembered that Sacred Sword bypasses stat changes...

14. - Top - End - #944

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    That was probably the most annoying fight of the game (except for a Whimsicott in the PWT who spammed minimize). It would have gone a lot faster if I had remembered that Sacred Sword bypasses stat changes...
    Really? I wouldn't have guessed the one Clefable was that annoying. I mean, I had to google it just to know who Doctor Logan was. I guess that's the advantage of running the game with Emboar though (Hammer Arm means I laugh at all Clefables, Blissies, and other tanky normal types)

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Really? I wouldn't have guessed the one Clefable was that annoying. I mean, I had to google it just to know who Doctor Logan was. I guess that's the advantage of running the game with Emboar though (Hammer Arm means I laugh at all Clefables, Blissies, and other tanky normal types)
    At the time, I was trying to level up my Starmie, so I refused to switch out to my Terrakion which was already higher level than anything else. Consequently, by the time I got him down to low health, he had +4 evasion and he used a full restore.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized something.

Join Avenue can both reset and increase EVs by stat. And also grant levels.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #947

I just realized something.

Join Avenue can both reset and increase EVs by stat. And also grant levels.
    Yes, yes it can. It is amazing. Right now I can get 8 instant levels daily, and can buy 32/64 evs in a couple of stats. (Also worth noting, unlike with the vitamins, EVs from Gyms can go above 100. Cuts down on training time drastically)

Another cool thing: I'm not sure if this was true of BW1 or not, but in BW2, if you find a Breeder in the daily trainers at the stadium, they will give you a rare candy when you beat them. Additionally, they will rebattle you every time you exit/enter the stadium. Basically an extremely fast and easy way to store up rare candies (which do have their uses even with the Join Avenue stuff, because when you level up via a Gym, pokemon don't seem to learn new moves or try to evolve. Rare candies do. So you level up to a level shy of what you want, then blow a rare candy).

By the way, between those two things, and hitting areas 9/10 of Black Tower, my Cloyster (which I just bred two days ago), just hit level 100. Currently taking on the Elite 4 + Champion on hard mode, with it solo 3/5 atm. Should be done shortly. (Tried it earlier at level 75. Was not happening at all. He was simply too squishy. Probably would have worked better if I had access to a focus sash)
    Last edited by Seerow; 2012-10-21 at 07:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder how the prices compare? That's for the various drinks you can get in large packs in Join Avenue, and also for Vitamins and Wings as opposed to Gym Training. I'd check, but I only just got to Join Avenue, so I can't find vitamin prices. Also, my DS is charging.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #949

I wonder how the prices compare? That's for the various drinks you can get in large packs in Join Avenue, and also for Vitamins and Wings as opposed to Gym Training. I'd check, but I only just got to Join Avenue, so I can't find vitamin prices. Also, my DS is charging.
    Vitamins are about 9800 for 1. But if you have a high enough level shop, you can get 12 for 90,000 once a day (that's with whatever my current discount level is, so may be more or less).

The EV training from Gyms seems to cost ~5000 per 4 EVs (again with my current discount level so may be more or less). So it does cost more per EV, even compared to normal price vitamins, but is a nice speed boost for EV training after using the Vitamins. Like I cut about 10 fights off my training time for Cloyster/Kingler.

20. - Top - End - #950

And victory is mine. Challenge Mode E4+Champion sweeped by a lone Cloyster.

The hardest thing was the Champion's Laprass. Ice Lance couldn't kill it with a 4x resist, and Rock Blast has a 10% miss chance, while if it misses Lapras can follow up with a Thunder for a one shot kill. Managed to nail it on the second time.

21. - Top - End - #951

Pokemon Online is even more fun than I expected. Thus far, 2 losses and 3 wins on the RU team I threw together.

Out of curiosity (mostly directed at boj0), how does one convert replay files to video format?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

So, from the sounds of it, this Join Avenue doohickey looks like it might actually be a really good thing, as it seems it doesn't say anything about it losing ratings over time or some such, unlike Black City/White Forest. And being able to cut the corners with the EV berries would save a lot of hassle.

What wasn't clear from Serebii was how often you could direct people to places to up the ratings and whatnot.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    What wasn't clear from Serebii was how often you could direct people to places to up the ratings and whatnot.
    When a person shows up, you either direct them to a place or tell them to set up their own place. I just tell them to set up their own place unless someone else has already set up that kind of place, since there's only room for eight and there's eight kinds of store.

If you were asking whether they come back again if you recommend a store and then you can re-recommend? I don't know.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-10-21 at 09:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #954

When a person shows up, you either direct them to a place or tell them to set up their own place. I just tell them to set up their own place unless someone else has already set up that kind of place, since there's only room for eight and there's eight kinds of store.

If you were asking whether they come back again if you recommend a store and then you can re-recommend? I don't know.
    Street Passes seem to be limited to twice per person. I say this based on having seen both my brothers and a couple of other friends turn up twice, but no more than that. But every time I trade with someone, or pass them, or whatever else, they show up.

Also, I'm beginning to doubt that the NPC "fans" are linked to movies. Someone who's done more of the movie stuff would have to confirm, but I've noticed a trend of what seems like 1 person per day per join avenue level.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Pokemon Online is even more fun than I expected. Thus far, 2 losses and 3 wins on the RU team I threw together.

Out of curiosity (mostly directed at boj0), how does one convert replay files to video format?
    aesoft.org however I'm not sure if the site is still down
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

26. - Top - End - #956

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    aesoft.org however I'm not sure if the site is still down
    Huh. Looks like it is. Pity.

Also, I have to thank you for doing that 'first seven pokemon' thing. Crustle and Stunfisk are both doing incredibly well, and I probably would have passed them by if left to myself.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Also, I'm beginning to doubt that the NPC "fans" are linked to movies. Someone who's done more of the movie stuff would have to confirm, but I've noticed a trend of what seems like 1 person per day per join avenue level.
    I dunno... I had 3 show up when I had a level 2 avenue, and then 3 continued to show up when I had a level 3 avenue.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I have decided I'm going to do a crazy new plan that will probably backfire horribly. That being, to have an all steel team. (For just the main game playthrough. Not touching competitive type stuff until I finally get that done.)

So the team as soon as I finish a couple small things is:

Ferrothorn
    Power Whip / Metal Claw / Leech Seed / Toxic

Magnezone
    Charge Beam / Electro Ball / Mirror Shot / Thunder Wave

Empoleon
    Surf / Flash Cannon / Scald / Brine

Excadrill
    Bulldoze / X-Scissor / Rock Slide / Slash

Lucario
    Force Palm / Payback / Quick Attack / Bulldoze

Skarmory
    Aerial Ace / Steel Wing / <something> / Fly

Obviously some moves will be quickly replaced as I get more options. At the moment that team is approaching level 40. I have the strangest feeling that I'm going to run into something that has fire moves, but can still deal with Empoleon, and I'll be in serious trouble. <.<
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-21 at 11:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959

I'm hoping there's a way to replace or remove a shop later...I have two antiques shops D:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

30. - Top - End - #960

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    I'm hoping there's a way to replace or remove a shop later...I have two antiques shops D:
    If you hit the cap of 8, you can replace a shop with another by inviting someone new. I think one of your assistants can also change what shop is what.

Though honestly? I wouldn't bother with getting one of every shop. The Raffle for example seems like a waste of space. Sure you -can- win a master ball, but a chance at a master ball vs guaranteed free levels, or easy happiness boosting? Not even a competition. Antique Shop seemed to be in the same boat. The main ones that seem really worthwhile are the Gym and Salon, but I also like the Shop, and I'm curious as to what a high level restraunt has to differentiate it from a salon.

Also, some of the shops don't show up til later. Like the Nursery doesn't show up until your Join Avenue is level 15 (according to Serebii, mine isn't that high yet). And even once it unlocks, I'm not sure I'd spend the slot on it. Once per day increased egg hatching speed just doesn't seem worth it given if I'm breeding I'm hatching eggs by the dozens. The Flame Body hatch speed increase is far more useful and doesn't take up a slot from my avenue.