New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Starmie is the fastest Water type barring Splash Plate Arceus.
    You forgot Kingdra.
    Whaddaya mean he only has 85 base speed? Who the heck would use him outside of rain?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-10-23 at 12:41 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    You forgot Kingdra.
    Whaddaya mean he only has 85 base speed? Who the heck would use him outside of rain?
    OU players

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Into BW2? As soon as you've saved once.

Into BW1? Best to finish it first so you don't have to keep updating.
    Finished the latter (in Black, anyway), so that's a not-issue. (Heck, Black is already sitting with half my B2 team waiting for trade...!)

And about five minutes, then. That's good... I was hoping to be able to crib my niece's DS for a short while (if, of course, I do get it tomorrow), and it's nice to know I can get that, at least, set up right away. (I'll probably only get as far as the first point you can start trading anyway, before I have to stop while I wait to snag said half team from Black, as I imagine getting to that point (and getting some chaff Pokemon) will probably take an hour or so. But at least I cann safely make a start!)) I presume the manual will tell you how to link 'em up?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Finished the latter (in Black, anyway), so that's a not-issue. (Heck, Black is already sitting with half my B2 team waiting for trade...!)

And about five minutes, then. That's good... I was hoping to be able to crib my niece's DS for a short while (if, of course, I do get it tomorrow), and it's nice to know I can get that, at least, set up right away. (I'll probably only get as far as the first point you can start trading anyway, before I have to stop while I wait to snag said half team from Black, as I imagine getting to that point (and getting some chaff Pokemon) will probably take an hour or so. But at least I cann safely make a start!)) I presume the manual will tell you how to link 'em up?
    Curious... you want to take your team from Black, and basically plow through Black 2 unopposed? Seems... very unfun to me. Not saying it can't be fun for other people... but I don't see the appeal.
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I presume the manual will tell you how to link 'em up?
    There's a thing labeled Unova Link in the New Game/Continue/etc. menu. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Curious... you want to take your team from Black, and basically plow through Black 2 unopposed? Seems... very unfun to me. Not saying it can't be fun for other people... but I don't see the appeal.
    I think he's saying he bred the pokes he wants to go through the game with, so he can start off with the team he wants just lowleveled.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #996
    Orc in the Playground

I think he's saying he bred the pokes he wants to go through the game with, so he can start off with the team he wants just lowleveled.
    Totally doing this with a spanky new White 2 cart. I'd do it with my Black 2 cart, but... well... that stupid Genesect event is going to screw with me.

So yeah. Now the question is, with access to any pokemon in the Pokedex, what will my team consist of? I've done the Eeveelution Assassination Squad, so that's out... My Black 2 team is Lucario/Flygon/Leavanny/Arcanine/Samurott/?... hmmm...

Maybe a mono-type run?

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Half the fun of a mono type run for me is the "shove your starter in a box and only use pokemon of the type selected" so yeah.

I challenge you to do an Electric mono-type run!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Do a Rotom Run! One of each form

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone tried to get past the elite 4 in Emerald without catching any pokemon?

Technically doable.

You might even be able to beat the battle frontier (meaning, all symbols), but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-10-23 at 09:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Has anyone tried to get past the elite 4 in Emerald without catching any pokemon?

Technically doable.

You might even be able to beat the battle frontier (meaning, all symbols), but I'm not sure.
    You'd be able to get through the entire game as long as you didn't mind taking Mudkip and your starter and not using any non-HM moves ever.

I would love to try this, honestly

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    You'd be able to get through the entire game as long as you didn't mind taking Mudkip and your starter and not using any non-HM moves ever.
    That's exactly what I had in mind, yes. Though technically, while the mudkip line would have to learn only HM moves, castform would have no such burden.

Great!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You'd also have to be fine with walking everywhere. As in, pack all the Escape Ropes and Potions, you're going to need to hike back to the Pokémon Center frequently.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    That's exactly what I had in mind, yes. Though technically, while the mudkip line would have to learn only HM moves, castform would have no such burden.
    Oh wow, I totally forgot you get gift pokemon. I read the idea as a mono-swampert run.

So you could conceivably even beat the battle frontier with a rain team based around castform, metagross, and swampert. This is looking even better as it goes.

Too bad I don't own emerald.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh wow, I totally forgot you get gift pokemon. I read the idea as a mono-swampert run.

So you could conceivably even beat the battle frontier with a rain team based around castform, metagross, and swampert. This is looking even better as it goes.
    Exactly.

Too bad I don't own emerald.
    Oh... Well... I guess you could try to find a copy for sale somewhere?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...The final round of the Ghost Eraser movie serial...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Demon is a Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard. You're supposed to beat it.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scrappy Fighting attacks?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-10-23 at 10:13 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scrappy Fighting attacks?
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the given team? Soak. Then Electric and Grass attacks.

(You get a Slaking, an Octillery, and a Cofagrigus)

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Whimsicott could probably slaughter it. Subseed anyone?

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Whimsicott could probably slaughter it. Subseed anyone?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It gets Slack Off, and its initial actions aren't so strongly script-driven as some other Studio matches.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-23 at 10:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It gets Slack Off, and its actions aren't so strongly script-driven as some other Studio matches.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure picking the "correct" answers will just cause it to Swords Dance the whole time. The only real danger is if it uses Crunch twice before your first line.

Now, Everlasting Memories 3...

Prop R2 used Iron Head!
    Frillish flinched!
    Prop R2 used Iron Head!
    Frillish flinched!
    Frillish recovered HP with its Sitrus Berry.
    Prop R2 used Iron Head!
    Frillish flinched!
    Prop R2 used Iron Head!
    Frillish flinched!
    Prop R2 used Iron Head!
    Frillish fainted!

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It gets Slack Off, and its initial actions aren't so strongly script-driven as some other Studio matches.
    Spoiler
    Show

Then SubSeed+Toxic. It doesn't have any priority moves, so you're only losing 6% per turn if it breaks the sub each time.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Today's new extreme sport: Play Pokemon Dream Radar, barefoot, while a cat tries to nibble your toes.

Today's B2 playthrough catchup (up to 7th badge):
    Spoiler
    Show
    And now, a dramatic re-inactment of actual events:

"Oh, hey, Lentimas. That's where I think the guy is that'll teach Dragon Pulse to my Serperior. Well, I had plenty of Red Shards for the Red Shard guy, so I'll track him down and see how many Blue Shards it'll set me ba-

*The Sound of Celestial Tower's Bell Echoes throughout the region!*

…And I wanted to teach Weezing Dark Pulse if I had enough leftover, but I only have 3 blue shards.

And now back to our regularly scheduled playthrough.

Oh, hi Bianca. Hope you don't mind if I KO your Musharna in just about every other battle. Just, you know, consider it taking one for the team. Wait, didn't I just fight my rival like one city ago?

Did he just open. With Razor Wind.

What the hell.

Alrighty then!

My new additional HM Slave is going to be a Dream Radar Drifblim. Apparently, Sigilyph can't learn cut, but a ghost blimp can. And, I'm going to transfer a Dream World Murkrow to my party, because I see I'm nearby a Dusk Stone and it's not like I've given him a chance elsewhere. Just let me log on to Global Link and-

"Pokemon Global Link is scheduled for maintenance from 3:00am to 9:00am ET!*

*The Sound of Celestial Tower's Bell Echoes throughout the world!*

Well, I got time. Let's try that Funfest thing that Serebii says should get me some Blue Shards. Great, looks like they want me to do a different one before I do any actually rewarding missions. Ah, there's the Shadow Ball TM. I guess I don't really want Dark Pulse on Weezing anymore.

Did… Did we just get closure about that girl on the bridge?

Ah, now for reals, the ore funfest. Rats, Serebii's list must be wrong, because I just found a Revive and that's not there. I also read on Gamefaqs that only one version gets blue and yellow shards, so I hope I don't get any red sha- rats. I got a red shard. Well, might as well finish this up, so I- aaand I just got a blue shard. Thanks, pokemon fan base, for messing everything up for people that want to look up information.

Well, I can't say anything about the losing at PWT method because I haven't tried it, but the Find Mysterious Ores mission got me all the Blue Shards I need in 3 tries. <_< Looks like nobody needs to whine about how hard it is to come by elemental stones now, too.

Power Lens? Without BP? Madness.

Smasher on the bridge: "But I'm tough enough to go all day and all night." That is what she said.

Gee, that was a long sidetrack without any gyms. I think only Diamond has that sidetrack beat. What? Iris wants me to go to route 9 instead of the gym? Gah, this better be important. What the hell could keep me waiting on continuing the- oh, Shopping Mall Nine. Got it. Come to think of it, if Bianca wanted to get to asking Drayden about the dragon, why didn't she use Fly before getting sidetracked every which way?

Er, not like it matters. DRAYDEN, I'M HERE TO SLAY DRAGONS AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM, AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUTT TO KICK! As you can guess, it was a Serperior and Lucario sweep, with a surprise appearance of Weezing to Sludge Bomb and Venoshock after Dragon Tail hopped in.

What the hell, the ship flies. Yeah, sure, wynaut?

Is that a-

what the

Ahem.

Feels like Skies of Arcadia in here all of a sudden.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh Shuckle, you may only be NU. But if the oppoent can't switch you out, or remove status changes, once you start trolling, you just don't stop.

Got my shuckle to survive to turn 70, in-between it setting up stealth rocks twice, and toxic posioning two pokemon.

Contary+Shellsmash equals Tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, um, that 8th gym was the most disappointing gym ever.
    ---

25. - Top - End - #1015

That easy, huh?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Taking on Brock with Squirtle in Gen 1 was easy. This one, I felt bad for wrecking the whole dang gym. Me. The guy who takes a Contrary V-Create Entei in to the Battle Subway.
    ---

27. - Top - End - #1017

Taking on Brock with Squirtle in Gen 1 was easy. This one, I felt bad for wrecking the whole dang gym. Me. The guy who takes a Contrary V-Create Entei in to the Battle Subway.
    Will I need an electric type, because I'm lacking one right now.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

I am going to say no, without any knowledge of what team you're using right now. I mean, I used Omastar and Weezing on all the trainers because they were lagging in levels, and even though Serperior had the type advantage, all of my other pokemon could have handled the gym leader's team. Er, except maybe Honchkrow, but he's just on the team right now to leech experience.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-10-24 at 01:37 AM.
    ---

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

There's a thing labeled Unova Link in the New Game/Continue/etc. menu. That's it.
    Aha. We'll see if later today, whether or not I'll be getting to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop
    Prescisely.

Or, a slight variation on that trick in this case, since two or 'em will be Dream World females: Murkrow and Hippotas... As both had fair natures and IVs, they're gonna be a bit less use than I would normally have in the initial stages, since as level 10, they're already at the disobedient level! (I could have bred lower levels ones, but it just didn't seem like it was worth it!) So Snivy (who will likely actually be the first starter ever phased out of a primary team...) and Zorua (who is level one) will have to do most of the heavy lifting for a bit, until I supplement them with the rest of the planned team later down the line from in-game captures.

(About 50% of my fun with Pokemon is the hours - and I do mean hours - spent deciding on what Pokemon I'm going to use of the next run through, often several games in advance...!)

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Okay, um, that 8th gym was the most disappointing gym ever.
    After Drayden, any gym leader's going to be a disappointment, whether it's in character design or chosen Pokémon. That this particular gym leader has the design he does only compounds the issue.