New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Ouch. @.@

I didn't realize that was the case. Go ahead and trade another in.

I want it to be challenging, not crippling.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Ouch. @.@

I didn't realize that was the case. Go ahead and trade another in.

I want it to be challenging, not crippling.
    It'll be one heck of a Chinchou though! Ice Beam, Surf, ThunderBolt all from the get go... Pick up a Magnemite right before Roxxie's gym, which will probably become my primary poke with Chinchie running support (basically, the swap for when we hit ground types, so I can Surf/Ice Beam them to Hades.) Then adding Joltik in Chargestone, and Zebstrika on Rt 7. Throw in a Rotom off the Radar somewhere in there... Could probably throw together a decent jolt team, provided I can get past Cheren in Aspertia with just Chinchou /flinch.

We'll give it a try once I put the necessary stuff together. If I run into a wall with Chinchie, I'll stuff him into a PC Box til I need to Surf and just use a different mon. Fire/Ice/Thunder Fang Luxray (starting as Shinx) or TBolt/Power Gem/Signal Beam Ampharos (Mareep)? Bear in mind, I get Galvantula, (random element)Rotom, Super Effective Electivire, and Magnezone to fill in the other spots along with Chinchou...
    Last edited by ryzouken; 2012-10-25 at 03:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Well, Stunfisk can surf... Rats, he's after the elite 4, too, isn't he?
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I have a question:
    Is the transferring of Pokemon from Black and White to Black and White 2 a one-way road?
    By which I mean that after you trade them, can you not trade them back over?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So I have a question:
    Is the transferring of Pokemon from Black and White to Black and White 2 a one-way road?
    By which I mean that after you trade them, can you not trade them back over?
    Well, serebii says the games are fully compatible with regards to trading.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Thank gosh. I can trade over my good items early then via Pokemon ^^
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    I'm going for the cult classic endings to get that awesome shiny star on my Pokemon. It's like being shiny...but better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Also, strange endings? Crazy. And apparently more popular than the normal one, judging by the box office numbers. Pokémon world apparently hasn't had M. Night Shyamalan pull "what a tweest!" ad infinitum.
    How do you get those?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    How do you get those?
    You mess up the script. "Get defeated in X Cuts?" How about "OHKO the opponent?" "OHKO all the guys?" How about "Miss your first attack?"

Basically, (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━━┻ the script. Silliness results.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

You mess up the script. "Get defeated in X Cuts?" How about "OHKO the opponent?" "OHKO all the guys?" How about "Miss your first attack?"

Basically, (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━━┻ the script. Silliness results.
    Doesn't that make a bad ending?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Playthrough update journal dealie (8th Gym, and tying up loose ends before the Elite 4).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been over it in the thread already, but since it's part of my playthrough now, this 8th gym was a total disappointment. No, I'm not talking about me picking Snivy and this being a water gym. This is about everything else. I'm told, quite directly, to take the new fangled aquarium to the next town and fight the gym leader. I'm directed to find the gym leader. I find the gym leader. It's just… Look, I'm not saying it's bad storytelling, but it's bad gameplay pacing to do that. And for the penultimate challenge before the elite four, I have to face off against three pokemon. Oh my. Guido makes a big deal that the gym leader's probably prepared to handle Electric and Grass types, so I thought I was going to have a Volkner surprise type switch up mid-battle, but no, it's not that, either. Hell, none of his pokemon can handle Electric types. Wailord's the only pokemon on his team that can do something to a Grass type, but guess what? He spams Amnesia before attacking, so just set-up and use a physical attack. He doesn't even have a Jellicent after that. Geez. At least Wallace packed an Ice Beam. At least Misty attacked you. At least Giovanni had five pokemon. I get he's a no-effort kinda guy, but that's no reason to put no effort in the game. You know, if these other routes you can go to afterwards were put before the gym battle… I probably wouldn't think too much about the pacing.

Wait, I get it now. They put this part in the game so we could forget how horrible it was that the Shadow Triad stole the important thing from Drayden without even standing adjacent to him.

Speaking of these routes, why is it that Cobalion and Terrakion get someone to come up to me and explain they're legendary, but Verizon Wireless does not? I didn't read Ender's Game, is there a reference about the musketeers that I'm missing?

Oh, and before I forget…

Also, there is a girl in Humilau wearing the Shorts of dresses.
    When I first read this, I thought Mando was saying something about sexism in gaming. Now that I have seen what he was talking about, I am filled with joy and fear.

Colress! Why do all these cheap imported electronics always break after one use!

Mamoswine is the newcomer to the team, after a bit of internal debate. I was kinda thinking either electric or fire for the last guy, with Volcarona being a possibility, but then I saw this Piloswine, and thought about it for a bit. Really needed some ground support, I could switch Lucario away from Ice Punch, and I don't usually end up using fire type attacks anyways… Might as well-

Am I seriously blocked from going through a door because the guard fell asleep in the doorway? I don't know what to think of that.

Note to self: Next time you evolve a Piloswine to Mamoswine, remember to relearn Ice Fang.

Oh no! We're about to have another climax between the main character and the main villain! We can't have that! Quick, Shadow Triad, be a plot device!

…They're handing out max revives now. Okay, yeah, I'm good enough to fight the Elite Four, even though I haven't been through Victory Road yet.

Tee hee hee… Power Band.

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the secret password to Team Plasma's ship!?

Absofusion. Really? Wynaut. Nice of you to give me an excuse to kill a legendary. Too bad the Ledgendary Freezey guy's going down to Serperior. Oh, um… Thanks for the free heal, nothing from nowhere?

You're a mad man, Dr. Ghetsis, again. And now you're dead, again. Cool thing how they didn't have N show up and lecture us all about how awesome pokemon and humans are. Finally, that stupid annoying plot is out of the way, next up, Victory Road and the Elite Four!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Doesn't that make a bad ending?
    It depends. Each film has different Strange Ending criteria, which are different from the fail criteria. Usually, it's accomplished by subverting the original film... if you're supposed to withstand a target's barrage, defeating it yields a strange ending, while losing yields a bad one.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, anyone happen to have a hidden ability Gligar/Gliscor they'd be willing to trade? I was wanting to start working on an actual competitive team then realized just how far off I was in terms of dream points from unlocking that area. My alternative is spamming hidden grotos. Figured I'd try asking before going through that.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Also, strange endings? Crazy. And apparently more popular than the normal one, judging by the box office numbers. Pokémon world apparently hasn't had M. Night Shyamalan pull "what a tweest!" ad infinitum.
    I liked the bad and the strange ending to Timegate Traveller 2.
    The funny thing though is that the writers have no idea what to do if you go off script, they refuse to write another script in the series unless you follow what they laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    I'm going for the cult classic endings to get that awesome shiny star on my Pokemon. It's like being shiny...but better!
    There's a movie that gives you a team of 6 pokémon, if you strange ending that one your entire team gets stared even if they didn't show up. I think it is the last Full Metal Cop script. I think it's really easy as well as your opponent only uses false swipe if you choose the bad dialogue
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-10-25 at 07:19 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    There's a movie that gives you a team of 6 pokémon, if you strange ending that one your entire team gets stared even if they didn't show up. I think it is the last Full Metal Cop script. I think it's really easy as well as your opponent only uses false swipe if you choose the bad dialogue
    It is. You can also wall the last one if you do it post-E4, since the Escavalier is only level 40. Just put a bulky 'mon with defensive item/moves and you're set.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

So guys. How safe is the GTS these days? I remember I didn't really use it in D/P cos of the possibility I could get a badly-hacked pokemon that would wreck my many hours of gameplay... Is this still the case?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

In all of my trading to finish my pokedex in White version, I only got one badly-hacked pokemon, and it was a bad egg. So, I think it's fairly safe.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh dear. If you get a bad egg, though... how do you get rid of it?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

What would you think about an Ability that makes one or more of the four following things happen:

Attacks used on this pokemon follow the pre-physical-special-split rules for which of its Defense stats is checked.

Attacks used on this pokemon follow the pre-physical-special-split rules for which of the attacker's Attack stats is checked.

Attacks used by this pokemon follow the pre-physical-special-split rules for which of the target's Defense stats is checked.

Attacks used by this pokemon follow the pre-physical-special-split rules for which of its Attack stats is checked.

I'd assume it'd be either all four or just the two that affect its own stats, but it's interesting to think about. Probably it'd be on Porygon or Mew or one of the fossils, if there wouldn't be a new, more fitting one.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems unnecessarily complicated, to me at least. And messes with the balance of everything.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    So, anyone happen to have a hidden ability Gligar/Gliscor they'd be willing to trade? I was wanting to start working on an actual competitive team then realized just how far off I was in terms of dream points from unlocking that area. My alternative is spamming hidden grotos. Figured I'd try asking before going through that.
    I don't have an extra on me, but I could certainly breed one. When do you want to trade?

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    I'm probably going to leave it on my White version when I reset it after transferring my living pokedex over to Black 2.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Ehhh, the GTS sounds risky.

... But does anyone happen to have a Smeargle girl with hidden ability they'd be willing to trade?

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...Complete all of the movies (including Brycen-Man Strikes Back Harder), then look at the books next to the computer and TV in your new dressing room. Someone had fun coming up with all the puns.
    Galvantula's Travels 2: Eelektrik Boogaloo

24. - Top - End - #1074

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    I don't have an extra on me, but I could certainly breed one. When do you want to trade?
    That would be awesome if you did. Thank you. I'm probably getting offline here soon, but anytime in the next few days would be fine.

Anything in particular you want in return?

And I guess I need to post my friend code for this. Looks like it's 3397-1398-1106

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

Since Bad Eggs can be traded, you can just trade it away to someone else, including someone that can go back in and fix the offending data.
    ---

26. - Top - End - #1076

I've always wondered how a bad egg is created? And what it does? Is it actually dangerous?

I'm pretty sure it counts as an egg, so you can't release it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

27. - Top - End - #1077

Ehhh, the GTS sounds risky.

... But does anyone happen to have a Smeargle girl with hidden ability they'd be willing to trade?
    I can breed one of these for you. See below for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    That would be awesome if you did. Thank you. I'm probably getting offline here soon, but anytime in the next few days would be fine.

Anything in particular you want in return?

And I guess I need to post my friend code for this. Looks like it's 3397-1398-1106
    How does 5 PM US Central tomorrow sound?

Preferred: any Hidden Hollow female except Patrat/Watchog, Foongus/Amoonguss, Bouffalant
    Otherwise: any Dex filler from the following lines: Abra, Seel, Horsea, Spinarak, Togepi, Murkrow, Wobbuffet, Spinda, Chimecho, Luvdisc, Chatot

My Friend Code is 5372-8255-4994.

28. - Top - End - #1078

I haven't managed to land any interesting Grotto 'mons (I'll do a quick check tomorrow morning through my grottos for anything new), so can't help with that. But I have Horsea, Luvdisc, and Seel out of your pokedex filler list.

But yeah, 5pm central works. I'll be on then.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Preferred: any Hidden Hollow female except Patrat/Watchog, Foongus/Amoonguss, Bouffalant
    Otherwise: any Dex filler from the following lines: Abra, Seel, Horsea, Spinarak, Togepi, Murkrow, Wobbuffet, Spinda, Chimecho, Luvdisc, Chatot
    ...Any time I see a number of Pokémon names in a row like that, I can't help but start thinking of the PokéRap. Charmeleon! Wartortle! Mewtwo Tentacruel Aerodactyl. Omanyte, Slowpoke. Pidgeot, Arbok, that's all folks!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I've always wondered how a bad egg is created? And what it does? Is it actually dangerous?

I'm pretty sure it counts as an egg, so you can't release it.
    The long story short is that a bad egg is a pokemon whose data is messed up. For example, a pokemon whose species is not a valid number, or a pokemon who has more than 510 total EVs.

In the past, Nintendo has alleged that bad eggs can "spread," but as far as I have heard, there is no actual case of this happening and it is typically assumed that it's just them covering their own heinies because they can't be responsible for whatever data you hack into a game. Mostly, they just waste space that you can't free up normally (as said above, you can't release an egg).
    ---