New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_0042 View Post
    You do it through the C-gear. You can trade wherever you are, no Pokemon Center required.
    Well.

Yer learn summat new every day.

Will definately try that next time!

(Can you only trade Pokemon in your active party?)

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

C-Gear trades can be done from box to box.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

So um...
    How do I do this memory link thingie?
    Do I get through the story to a certain point or..?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So um...
    How do I do this memory link thingie?
    Do I get through the story to a certain point or..?
    Option in the main menu. It's independant of your save game (I did it before I even started playing).

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

What are some hm slaves you people use in B2/W2?

I remember skarmory was a good one before
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Azumarill is good for Strength and the aquatic HMs, but I pulled a Bibarel over after the E4 for the sole purpose of HM slaving. I didn't need a Fly slave, since part of my strategy is to abuse Fly's semi-invulerable turn along with Crobat's speed to create a sort of offensive speedy Toxic spammer.

Also, Cynthia is more exciting when you go at her with Pokémon that were roughly at the same level as Hugh's party. That is, ones that aren't capable of fighting her Garchomp directly.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-28 at 09:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've got a wailord with all of the water HMs plus strength.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

If I want slaves I got for a Pelipper or Swanna with Surf and Fly. I don't usually keep pokemon with the other HMs with me since I hate to waste a slot on them.

In Black 2 I actually have both a flying and water type, so I don't have an HM slave at all.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all,

I've returned to genre since gold (not heart gold, the normal gold) and things have changed a lot since than for the better...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could trade me a female anticipation eevee? I kinda did a booboo and didn't save before I got the gift one as I didn't know how breeding works... I can offer an aerodactyl in return as I am breeding them atm. Edit: any of the 6th generation starters is possible as well, just let me know so that I can breed one up for you.

I have black 2 and my friend code is 408435270188.

Thanks in advance.

R.P.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-10-29 at 05:04 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150

I just want to say, to any of you doing nuzlocke challenges, good job. I'm not actively reading everything, because I don't want to spoil too much of the game for myself. But just good job, as I could never participate in that challenge. I want to, it sounds like a fun way to play, but I know that I would cheat it. The group I typically use throughout the majority of the game all become my favorites and I'd hate letting them go.

For example, in my White 2, I went into a battle and lost my entire team: Lucario, Pignite, Flaffy, Marrill, and Pakrat. Only Pidove remained, and just barely. Of that team, there's no way I would have given up my Lucario or Pignite, I love those two too much.

So good job, and good luck, to those actually doing the challenge!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it's not easy to stick with it, especially once you start losing people you caught in the first few routes. Some of the things I've found to help:

• Nuzlocke with one or more friends. Peer pressure, even if it's just you knowing that you'll have to account for them if you have few casualties, does wonders for keeping you on the straight and narrow. When you lose someone, tell them before you get weak.
    • Instead of releasing them when they faint, put them in a designated RIP box and leave them there. It's still within the spirit of the rules, and the fact that it's not permanent (you can retrieve them after you beat the E4 and complete the challenge) makes it easier to avoid temptation and ignore a KO. Plus, it gives you a nice memorial in your PC.
    • Grind grind grind. Even if you're not a good player, a five-to-ten level buffer between you and your opposition does wonders. If you play smart, though, then being underlevelled is not a terrible thing; with no grinding, I didn't notice a significant disadvantage until after the sixth gym.
    • If you're in-between teammates, have that last slot be a fodder 'mon. You're going to have boxes full of buggers that you won't want to use, and will likely die quicky because of underlevelling. Especially if you're playing Set (which you should be :P), it gives you a safer switch-in for someone you care about, either through the fodder dying or by throwing off the AI so that your real switch-in only takes a resisted hit. I haven't had to do this, but it works.
    Last edited by Agent_0042; 2012-10-29 at 10:51 AM.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

I tried the Nuzlocke, but I can't stick to it. All the level-grinding is boring for me, and then takes the fun out of the stuff I was grinding for. Thus, I have instead decided to only follow half of Nuzlocke: I stick to the limiter on the Pokemon I can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

I figured out that defenses are actually way more important in Nuzlocke than otherwise. Any Pokemon can KO something eventually. Not every Pokemon survives critical hits from half HP.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Orc in the Playground

For what it's worth, B2/W2 is the least grind-mandating nuzlocke I've encountered, at least so far. This is partially due to the Gen V experience formula (the farther you're behind, the farther you catch up), and to the sheer number of trainers you encounter (further magnifying that extra XP gain). Like I said, I didn't stop to grind until after the six gym, where the game all but tells you, "Hey, take a break, buddy!" Hell, I didn't even KO a single wild pokemon except for wild double battles (where you can't escape) and that damned Sunkern.

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I figured out that defenses are actually way more important in Nuzlocke than otherwise. Any Pokemon can KO something eventually. Not every Pokemon survives critical hits from half HP.
    Also true. This is why my Krookodile was amazing - Intimidate is literally a lifesaver. Physical hard-hitter has the type advantage against your current 'mon? Switch in, Intimidate. Attack-boosting move? Switch out, switch in, Intimidate, repeat.
    Last edited by Agent_0042; 2012-10-29 at 11:08 AM.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

15. - Top - End - #1155

Yes, I really did love the ease of leveling in BW2. If BW was as easy, I might go back and pick those up. I tried HG a while back (the only gen 4 game I played), and found the amount of grinding required to keep up absolutely atrocious (though yes I realize it was just as bad in the original Gold, and probably worse in R/B).

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Yes, I really did love the ease of leveling in BW2. If BW was as easy, I might go back and pick those up. I tried HG a while back (the only gen 4 game I played), and found the amount of grinding required to keep up absolutely atrocious (though yes I realize it was just as bad in the original Gold, and probably worse in R/B).
    I'm not so sure about R/B. You could pretty much solo the game with your starter regularly.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

17. - Top - End - #1157

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I'm not so sure about R/B. You could pretty much solo the game with your starter regularly.
    I just remember the levels raising dramatically between gyms, much faster than in other games. That could just be my memory playing tricks on me though.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

I just remember the levels raising dramatically between gyms, much faster than in other games. That could just be my memory playing tricks on me though.
    They do, but your levels also raise fairly fast. It's not impossible to evolve your starter before Brock, and fairly easy to get a third form on the S.S. Anne. What I (never playing a Nuzlocke before) think would be the hardest parts would be Misty's Starmie, and Surge's gym. Aside from that, you can pretty consistently outspeed and oneshot pretty much every mon in the game with a Starter you fed all the trainers to. Running out of PP for the Elite 4 could also be a problem.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually never had to grind at all in Black 2. I just barely beat the Champion by the skin of my teeth, but that's because I used an all steel team. With more varied types, I probably would have been better off.

In Black, I did do a bit of grinding before the E4, and even then my pokemon were still a lower level when I beat the E4 than in Black 2.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    In Black, I did do a bit of grinding before the E4, and even then my pokemon were still a lower level when I beat the E4 than in Black 2.
    There's a fairly significant level disparity between the E4 teams between Black and Black 2, though.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Umm... weird question, but I just noticed my Lucario is a Fighting/STEEL type... why the hell is he considered a Steel type? I see no steel on him... or anything of the sort.

What?
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    There's a fairly significant level disparity between the E4 teams between Black and Black 2, though.
    Is there? I admit, I didn't really think to compare them. Been a little while now since I beat them on Black.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Man, PWT is a lot more fun/quicker than playing the Subway for BP. You get to listen to different musics, and even if you lose, you get a useful prize. Champions rank with no Pokemon fainted nets you 9 (!) BP for like, 5-15 minute investment. You just have to (sometimes) deal with Cynthia's Swords Dance Garchomp .
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-10-29 at 04:50 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

24. - Top - End - #1164

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Man, PWT is a lot more fun/quicker than playing the Subway for BP. You get to listen to different musics, and even if you lose, you get a useful prize. Champions rank with no Pokemon fainted nets you 9 (!) BP for like, 5-15 minute investment. You just have to (sometimes) deal with Cynthia's Swords Dance Garchomp .
    What team are you using that is able to do those tournaments easily?

I've tried running with my Gliscor/Cloyster/Chandelure team, and get stomped on pretty regularly. I'm not sure if I'm just bad at this, or if my team is all wrong for trying to take on a tournament like this.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

What team are you using that is able to do those tournaments easily?

I've tried running with my Gliscor/Cloyster/Chandelure team, and get stomped on pretty regularly. I'm not sure if I'm just bad at this, or if my team is all wrong for trying to take on a tournament like this.
    I run a very tanky team, that takes some patience but usually wins handily. I run Gliscor@Toxic Orb (Substitute/Protect/Toxic/Earthquake), Ferrothorn@Leftovers (Leech Seed, Protect, Curse, Gyro Ball) and Dragonite@Yache Berry (Dragon Dance, Roost, Fire Punch, Outrage). I had some trouble with Cynthia last time because she used Swords Dance twice instead of her usual once. The strategy is basically stall with Gliscor and Ferrothorn, switching to Dragonite if one or both faints to dance-outrage for a win.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-10-29 at 08:46 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Umm... weird question, but I just noticed my Lucario is a Fighting/STEEL type... why the hell is he considered a Steel type? I see no steel on him... or anything of the sort.

What?
    See the spike on his chest and on his hands?

Also, totally give Lucario Drill Run, Game Freaks. You know you want to.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was actually kind of disappointed in my Lucario through my playthrough. Without my, admittedly minimal, EV training, he was too fragile to take most super effective hits, even some neutral ones, which is kind of expected, but not quite tough enough in either attacking stat to OHKO or 2HKO a lot of things.

And the fact that everything and the kitchen sink had something Fighting or Ground did not do him any favours.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

28. - Top - End - #1168

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    I was actually kind of disappointed in my Lucario through my playthrough. Without my, admittedly minimal, EV training, he was too fragile to take most super effective hits, even some neutral ones, which is kind of expected, but not quite tough enough in either attacking stat to OHKO or 2HKO a lot of things.

And the fact that everything and the kitchen sink had something Fighting or Ground did not do him any favours.
    Yeah the fighting type attacks(and pokemon for that matter) in this generation are incredibly promiscuous.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Mine hasn't had much problems OHKOing things before defenses became a problem, but then again, I haven't been through Victory Road yet.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    See the spike on his chest and on his hands?

Also, totally give Lucario Drill Run, Game Freaks. You know you want to.
    And this is all I can think now:

Spoiler
    Show