New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

9/10.

Haven't gotten into post game.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

So...anyone else gone to a Dragons Exalted pre-release?
    I'm going to one on Saturday and it's gonna rock ^_^
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...anyone else gone to a Dragons Exalted pre-release?
    I'm going to one on Saturday and it's gonna rock ^_^
    A what? Is this Pokemon related or did you post in the wrong thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    A what? Is this Pokemon related or did you post in the wrong thread?
    It's the new TCG set.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=Agent_0042;13653682]It's the new TCG set.[/QUOTE

Oh.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    How would you guys rate Conquest? Haven't played any games like it, but based on a few friends and and my like of Pokemon, I'm willing to branch out...
    It's really good, except that the post game drags on a bit too much, and there are only a few unique missions (most are just the same scenario but as a different character).

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    It's really good, except that the post game drags on a bit too much, and there are only a few unique missions (most are just the same scenario but as a different character).
    Soooo.... its Pokemon?
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Soooo.... its Pokemon?
    My main issue with Pokemon Conquest as opposed to either other pokemon games or similar genre games (to conquest) like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the lack of multiple attack techniques per pokemon, which does make battles rather more repetitive than they might otherwise be.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Apparently I didn't need to make a new thread....

I've got Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Black, and White, as well as Colliseum and Battle Revolution

I do know it is borderline impossible to have full records on every single cart, so I only intend to do it on one main game for each generation (Emerald, Platinum, Black 2 / White 2 when they come out, one or the other). And I can probably find other missing versions for anything specific I might not have during that generation.

But I'm basically going to start the games over again, and I intend to capture -every- single Pokemon in existance (using Gameshark/Action Replay for the special Event Pokemon only).

Are there any other games I'm missing for this sort of endeavor? What other tips should I consider for this project? And what of you guys? Have you captured all 150 151 251 386 493 649 Pokemon?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure at least several of the regular posters in this thread have completed the pokedex, and I know I plan on doing so.

Currently I've got 551/649, so I'm getting close.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I'm sure at least several of the regular posters in this thread have completed the pokedex, and I know I plan on doing so.

Currently I've got 551/649, so I'm getting close.
    So, it's dawned on me that I'm a Youngster talking to a bunch of Ace Trainers.

To be fair, it's 'cause I kinda stoped playing the games for a while... I was pretty good in school, and all but completed Emerald and Platinum with the other versions being used to fuel them before... but then the games got semi ****'ed up with the Action Replay (though I've seen what good it can do when used right), and I don't wanna corrupt my Black.

Random Question: I got a Victini when it came out. But I don't wanna reset that game and risk losing it. Is there a way to re-enable that event with codes yet?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Possibly, but probably not. Since it's an actual in-game event, it's different from simply sending you a link to how to get your own fake GTS and download a 'mon that way. Far as I know, it'd involve faking the Wonder Card that unlocks the event itself.

Confession time: I've never actually completed a National 'Dex. Always got bored before then, and a lot of the 'mons that I'm usually missing are either from another region (usually Hoenn, as I don't have any of those games... the region's never appealed to me, really) or an evolutionary stage I haven't bothered to work for (Munchlax, Porygon-Z, more than one Eeveelution...). Don't mistake my incomplete 'dex or my monotyped sweeper team for inexperience... I've played through all the regions but Hoenn and the team just conforms to my preferences in both play style and aesthetics. That, and I tend to stay away from PvP in practice because the whole thing has a rather sour taste for me.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I don't think I have any games with a completed Dex either. I may have completed a Sightdex or two. Completing the Dex is never one of those things I was particularly interested in for some reason or another.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't completed the pokedex since Gold version, where I had every pokemon but celebi, which was unobtainable to me since it was just Japanese Crystal that got it. I decided to work on the pokedex when I learned about the Shining Charm in BW2.

EDIT: Make that 553 pokemon. Just finished the Squirtle line.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't completed the pokedex since Gold version, where I had every pokemon but celebi, which was unobtainable to me since it was just Japanese Crystal that got it. I decided to work on the pokedex when I learned about the Shining Charm in BW2.

EDIT: Make that 553 pokemon. Just finished the Squirtle line.
    I aimed for a Living Dex in Black. Managed to nearly fill up Unova, and a good bit of Sinnoh too. Organized all my boxes...
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm gonna be picking up Pokemon Blue and a gameboy color this weekend.
    Is there any Pokemon you can't catch normally(except for you know, linking with someone with Pokemon Red which my buddy has).
    I'm not well versed in the older games...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Possibly, but probably not. Since it's an actual in-game event, it's different from simply sending you a link to how to get your own fake GTS and download a 'mon that way. Far as I know, it'd involve faking the Wonder Card that unlocks the event itself.
    The Wonder Card is exactly what I'm looking for... I wish it was saved to the catrige, rather than the file... then I could reset the game and still have the Victini... Gotta be a way to get another Wonder Card somehow... any of you know? Or do I just gotta tough it out on that file?

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    That, and I tend to stay away from PvP in practice because the whole thing has a rather sour taste for me.
    That's what turned me off to Pokemon for a while... I can only tolerate the 252 ev 31 iv perfect moveset hyper metagamed mindset for so long. I stoped bothering with it after a while, if only because it got on my nerves. I understand it's right for a serious and good fight, but still, between the almost insultingness of people for you not having hacked or rng abused your game, and for having the audacity to use your favorites, it just got annoying...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Colossus in the Playground

Is there any Pokemon you can't catch normally(except for you know, linking with someone with Pokemon Red which my buddy has).
    You can't breed Eevee's for the other two of Vapreon, Jolteon, and Flareon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh, I know, I know!

Growlith, Oddish, Mankey, Ekans, Scyther, and Electabuzz, as well as whatever you don't choose between Starters, Eevee's evolved form, the Hitmon, and the Fossil.

Make sure to capture Mew!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I prefer not to hack or RNG abuse anything. I just do a LOT of breeding. A LOT. SO MUCH. Ugh.

I wanted to make a "Fighting Pokedex" where I had well-trained versions of every Pokemon so I could put some teams and stuff together. That kinda fell apart when I drifted into other interests.

I actually have really liked Nuzlocke for "competitive" Pokemon. Though perhaps having Heartgold so early wasn't a good idea. This game is SO LONG.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-08-01 at 08:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know if it's considered poor form to brag, and if it is, sorry, but...

I got my first non-event shiny!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know if it's considered poor form to brag, and if it is, sorry, but...

I got my first non-event shiny!

That reminds me. Remember that HG run I was doing where I set all Wild pokes to be completely random in species?

I found a Shiny in Slowpoke Well.

It was a Spoink.

WHY?!
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    That reminds me. Remember that HG run I was doing where I set all Wild pokes to be completely random in species?

I found a Shiny in Slowpoke Well.

It was a Spoink.

WHY?!
    At least shiny Spoink and Grumpig look different. Better than getting a shiny that looks the same as the normal.

EDIT: Mine was a gligar that arrived in the tail end of my breeding program. It even had the right nature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I should have saved my first ever Legendary... I found it randomly on Mt Pyre in Ruby. It was a Duskull. I don't think I have that file anymore, though...

I wonder if there's a possibility of playing these games on an emulator, then making an action replay code to overwrite the actual game, since screen-to-screen battling/trading is still possible that way, and won't require dual hand-held gaming...

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

You mean your first ever shiny, right?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

It just occurred to me that my team in Black version changes almost daily.

I'm no longer even using half of them (Garchomp, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Dragonite, Blissey, Togekiss, even Tyranitar, all sitting in the box), but I've found some new favorites (like Heracross, Heatran (doesn't know Dragon Pulse though ) and event Raikou).

And I found my first Black version shiny pokemon the other day! A shiny...*gasp* Audino!

I was hunting for 6 HP EVs for Heracross...and it turned up shiny. I just couldn't KO it .
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    It just occurred to me that my team in Black version changes almost daily.

I'm no longer even using half of them (Garchomp, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Dragonite, Blissey, Togekiss, even Tyranitar, all sitting in the box), but I've found some new favorites (like Heracross, Heatran (doesn't know Dragon Pulse though ) and event Raikou).

And I found my first Black version shiny pokemon the other day! A shiny...*gasp* Audino!

I was hunting for 6 HP EVs for Heracross...and it turned up shiny. I just couldn't KO it .
    On an off-topic note, I've been reading Homestuck and I just realized what your avatar is!
    (Except the name. That escapes me somehow).
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Who willingly KOs Shinies?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, my first non-Gyarados shiny was a Smoochum back in Crystal. Look up shiny Jynx and you'll understand my pain. Also had a shiny Spinda back in Emerald. I think I'm not allowed to have nice things
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Who willingly KOs Shinies?
    A masochist maybe? *shrug*

I think I ko'ed a shiny zubat once. Or maybe it was one of my siblings.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-08-02 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.