New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    And this is all I can think now:

Spoiler
    Show

imagggge
    I have this really unfortunate thing where whenever I hear or see lucario, I can only think of...LLAMACARIO.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-10-29 at 09:44 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

What.

Also, I found that my lucarios had this annoying tendency to get one-shotted in my White 2.

Still totally worth it, though. Lee and Neji were strong enough to sweep the elite four by themselves. They got fainted by Iris, though.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Umm... weird question, but I just noticed my Lucario is a Fighting/STEEL type... why the hell is he considered a Steel type? I see no steel on him... or anything of the sort.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    See the spike on his chest and on his hands?

Also, totally give Lucario Drill Run, Game Freaks. You know you want to.
    His FISTS! They are made of STEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Is there? I admit, I didn't really think to compare them. Been a little while now since I beat them on Black.
    Example (all E4 members in Gen V have the same level range): Caitlin's Musharna in Black/White: Level 48. Her Musharna in Black/White 2? Level 56. (Her Challenge Mode Musharna? Level 60. And those were for the initial match)

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

After turning on my old copy of Sapphire again, a message came up saying that the internal battery is dead and the clock events wont work anymore.

Other than berries growing, what other things are determined by the clock?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    After turning on my old copy of Sapphire again, a message came up saying that the internal battery is dead and the clock events wont work anymore.

Other than berries growing, what other things are determined by the clock?
    Day/night cycles, weekly events like people giving out items, Mirage Island appearing, etc.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

*launches Soul Silver*

I got two goals today. Get a Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest and catch myself a Ditto for all the good natures. This is gonna take a while. @.@

At least after this I can use the Ditto's to breed Munna's with Synchronize.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Is it me, or is smogon very unreliable as a website? (I mean getting access to it, not as source of information!) I've been using it (for the first time really) just to give a few ideas as to what to do with some of my teams, but it seems to have a worse connection than GitP did on a bad day...

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I haven't had much problem with it before...

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Seems to be back now, but earlier, it was consistently giving me "cannot connect to the webpage", so I just wondered it if was a common issue. Guess not...

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Considering that the US East Coast is suffering a major hurricane, sites being down isn't really much of a surprise...

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

So.... I've been thinking about getting BW2, but I'm not sure about it. How does it compare to BW1? Are there any major changes, or is it more like Emerald or Platinum; an expanded version of the previous game? Does Dream World still work with BW2?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So.... I've been thinking about getting BW2, but I'm not sure about it. How does it compare to BW1? Are there any major changes, or is it more like Emerald or Platinum; an expanded version of the previous game? Does Dream World still work with BW2?
    Yes and no.

Like Emerald and Platinum, the sequels overhaul the Pokémon distribution and the gameplay expansion is relatively minor (adding in far more move tutors, a couple of UI changes, and some moveset differences). Unlike the 3rd Version tradition, however, BW2 doesn't merely alter a couple of details from the previous versions' take on the storyline, it skips ahead two years and gives you a completely different character and referencing the BW1's plot fairly frequently.

It also adds in more diversions, primarily Join Avenue, Pokéstar Studios, and the Pokémon World Tournament.

Dream World was overhauled before the games' Japanese release to update it for BW2 (again, altering and expanding the Pokémon distribution), and the international servers also received the final parts of the BW2 updates before the US release date.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

New story, more diversions (anything like the battle frontier?) and more move tutors sounds good, but I'm not sure I really want it that bad. I think maybe I can wait until Christmas for this. I still have Conquest to go through anyway. The only thing I lose out on not getting it now is Genesect (I think?) and I'm not too fussed about that.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(anything like the battle frontier?)
    The Battle Subway (returning from BW1) is more-or-less Unova's version of the Battle Tower. Some of other facilities from the previous Frontiers have been adapted into Clay's new Pokémon World Tournament, though the real attraction is the guest star opponent tournaments... after beating the E4, you can battle all the gym leaders (except Koga, but including Giovanni) with your preferred battle style (single, double, triple, or rotation), as well as all the Champions.

Tournaments include Gym Leaders from a specific region, Champions, Type Experts (Gym Leaders and Champions who prefer specific types, with Ace Trainers and Veterans filling in extra slots... since no E4 members are included for some reason, that means Dark consists solely of filler trainers), Rentals, Mix (the opponent gets to take one of your Pokémon! You get one of theirs in return), and Downloadable tournaments (including ones where your opponents use Legendaries... and not just the relatively lame ones like non-event Entei, I'm talking Sabrina with Mewtwo).

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a Skarmory, ferrothorn, Lucario, and (almost) a Haxorus. Training in Reversal mountain, this is going to be hilarious
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Got my first Gym Leader visitor...

...Marlon.

On another note, if your shop owners start a chain of further recommendations, things can get crazy. The very next guy after Marlon visited four stores.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-31 at 11:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    On another note, if your shop owners start a chain of further recommendations, things can get crazy. The very next guy after Marlon visited four stores.
    True that, I managed a chain of six or seven the other day...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, Gen VI better have a Dark-type gym. Also, I'm tired of water gyms, ice gyms, and rock gyms.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-10-31 at 12:19 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Man, Gen VI better have a Dark-type gym. Also, I'm tired of water gyms, ice gyms, and rock gyms.
    I think dark is the only type that hasn't had a gym yet. Though it has had several E4 members.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, my vision of a gym setup

Ground
    Electric
    Flying
    Fighting
    Steel
    Dark
    Psychic
    Multitype (Pretty varied, each pokemon has a move that is Grass, Water, or Fire, Leaders are a triple battle with the final forms of the three starters)
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-10-31 at 12:47 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Alright, my vision of a gym setup

Ground
    Electric
    Flying
    Fighting
    Steel
    Dark
    Psychic
    Multitype (Pretty varied, each pokemon has a move that is Grass, Water, or Fire, Leaders are a triple battle with the final forms of the three starters)
    The last gym would be pretty awesome. I've always wondered why it is that you're the only trainer who has the starters, even though they're supposed to be given to everyone.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    True that, I managed a chain of six or seven the other day...
    It really is amazing. I had one person visit every shop on my avenue.

Unfortunately, it seems that when you get those chains, only the last person they visit counts for increasing your overall Join Avenue level. It is nice for getting some experience on those shops you're not focusing on though.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Also, I thought the guys giving me RageCandyBars, etc. as rewards for movies were being cheapskates. Then I looked at what the maid buys them for. Gateaux and Lava Cookies are 4000, RCBs are 6000. The Lemonade and Energy Root guys are still a gyp, though.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Also, I thought the guys giving me RageCandyBars, etc. as rewards for movies were being cheapskates. Then I looked at what the maid buys them for. Gateaux and Lava Cookies are 4000, RCBs are 6000. The Lemonade and Energy Root guys are still a gyp, though.
    Which maid is this?

And especially in the early game, having a stock of 70 lemonades can be a big money saver.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Which maid is this?

And especially in the early game, having a stock of 70 lemonades can be a big money saver.
    The one in the trailer on Route 5.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, yeah, early on, the Lemonade spam is handy. After that, though? It's mostly just backpack filler.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Troll in the Playground

The Battle Subway (returning from BW1) is more-or-less Unova's version of the Battle Tower. Some of other facilities from the previous Frontiers have been adapted into Clay's new Pokémon World Tournament, though the real attraction is the guest star opponent tournaments... after beating the E4, you can battle all the gym leaders (except Koga, but including Giovanni) with your preferred battle style (single, double, triple, or rotation), as well as all the Champions.

Tournaments include Gym Leaders from a specific region, Champions, Type Experts (Gym Leaders and Champions who prefer specific types, with Ace Trainers and Veterans filling in extra slots... since no E4 members are included for some reason, that means Dark consists solely of filler trainers), Rentals, Mix (the opponent gets to take one of your Pokémon! You get one of theirs in return), and Downloadable tournaments (including ones where your opponents use Legendaries... and not just the relatively lame ones like non-event Entei, I'm talking Sabrina with Mewtwo).
    Ooh, see, now that interests me a little more. Sounds like you can get some really exciting stuff here. And it would be nice to actually have some interesting triple/rotation battles. White 1 had exactly one rotation battle in the whole games.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ooh, see, now that interests me a little more. Sounds like you can get some really exciting stuff here. And it would be nice to actually have some interesting triple/rotation battles. White 1 had exactly one rotation battle in the whole games.
    There's a whole lot more in 2. Not counting battles where you have a partner, there's probably two or three times as many trainers that will challenge you to a triple or rotation battle as there are trainers that will challenge you to a double battle. The revised Opelucid gym has one trainer for each of triple and rotation battles.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Orc in the Playground

Man, Gen VI better have a Dark-type gym.
    Keep in mind that it's called the Evil type in Japan, where the game is made. There's a reason why they haven't already done a Dark gym.

Japanese name notwithstanding, the Dark type is all about underhanded tactics and bad sportsmanship. That's not a philosophy that Gym Leaders should be advocating, because they're pillars of the community and role models for less experienced trainers. The Elite 4, on the other hand, can get away with being dark and edgy anti-heroes because they're celebrity idols that are just that awesome.
    SnakePirate avatar by CheesePirate

Running Emerald City Knights (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Translation: when Bahamut called "Dibs!" on your soul the devils sat back down, muttering under their breaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by TricksyAndFalse View Post
    4E Druids tap into the Primal Beast to wild shape. The Primal Beast cares not for your technicalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gametime View Post
    I think we can all agree that optimizing a Beholder Mage beyond being a Beholder Mage is safely in the realm of "overkill" to begin with.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Hint: The Gym Leader of the Evil-type Gym is the Big Bad.

Also, aren't the Elite 4 supposed to also be everything the Gym Leaders are? I fail to see how this whole "can be MULTIPLE Elite 4 members but never a Gym Leader" thing works.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-10-31 at 10:00 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC