New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Give him DrumPass Smeargle and Extremespeed naked Arceus

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Elite 4 members having Arceus scares me. I vote that this trainer has Girafarig and Bibarel, since they are two of the few (only?) Normal-types with a second type that isn't Flying.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-11-01 at 08:58 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Pranster Murkrow
    Breed it like crazy.
    You want one?
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Elite 4 members having Arceus scares me. I vote that this trainer has Girafarig and Bibarel, since they are two of the few (only?) Normal-types with a second type that isn't Flying.
    Only if the Bibarel has Moody, substitute and protect.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Easy. Have it be a joint file system. Each game plays like normal, but with different characters. Then once each become champion in all the regions, the last 'new' region opens up and you can send in an 'all-star' team with a pokemon or two from each team.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    You want one?
    Not particularly at this moment, but I know that requests for one have circulated before. What I would like? A female Drought Vulpix. 3:1 female:male ratio my rear...

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

I do wish that when you became Champion, your character remained Champion and actually got to do Champion things like fight all-comers at the Pokemon League. That'd be pretty swell.

Of course, I only want it so I can fight some randomly-generated trainers. "How did you guys lose to this trainer who has only Bug-Flying-types? Geez, the Champion has to do EVERYTHING around here."

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

I do wish that when you became Champion, your character remained Champion and actually got to do Champion things like fight all-comers at the Pokemon League. That'd be pretty swell.

Of course, I only want it so I can fight some randomly-generated trainers. "How did you guys lose to this trainer who has only Bug-Flying-types? Geez, the Champion has to do EVERYTHING around here."
    That's what your final fights with your rival(s) should be. Them challenging you for the championship title. And there's like five for each one, scaling up to a straight 100 fight. And if you lose one, you've got to go through the whole Elite 4 again, and challenge them for the title.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Bugbear in the Playground

That would shake things up a bit, makng you fight with a couple others to retain the title. However, I think they've about figured out replay value, what with the trains, and PWT.

I guess you could RP that the PWT is like fighting for championship. It would be a little more in line with the stadiums I remember from the anime.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After all, only at PWT can you really proclaim you're the very best, like no one ever was, by defeating all the Champions.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Not particularly at this moment, but I know that requests for one have circulated before. What I would like? A female Drought Vulpix. 3:1 female:male ratio my rear...
    I got a Drought Vulpix... a male one... I reset my game 10 times, but only the level changed .

I really, really want a female anticiaption eevee...Cause vaporeon with rain dance and rest is...
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-01 at 11:14 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got a Drought Vulpix... a male one... I reset my game 10 times, but only the level changed .

I really, really want a female anticiaption eevee...Cause vaporeon with rain dance and rest is...
    Genders for Hidden Hollow Pokemon are set when the Hollow is regenerated, so unless you clear it and then save, you can't soft reset for a female. Also, the step counter for Hollows resets when you load your game and they only have a 5% chance to regenerate every 256th step.

Unless you have no qualms about exploiting the RNG, this may take a while.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Genders for Hidden Hollow Pokemon are set when the Hollow is regenerated, so unless you clear it and then save, you can't soft reset for a female. Also, the step counter for Hollows resets when you load your game and they only have a 5% chance to regenerate every 256th step.

Unless you have no qualms about exploiting the RNG, this may take a while.
    That's good to know. I don't understand how you would RNG abuse this though? The way I've been doing it is whilst egg hatching travel back and forth to the two hidden grotoes where you can get vulpix.

Edit: I just read that you can get Eevee in all Hidden Grotoes is this correct?
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-01 at 11:52 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's good to know. I don't understand how you would RNG abuse this though? The way I've been doing it is whilst egg hatching travel back and forth to the two hidden grotoes where you can get vulpix.
    Like this. Yes, it's complicated.

Edit: I just read that you can get Eevee in all Hidden Grotoes is this correct?
    Doubtful; I've read topics about it, and nobody's ever seemed to find one, even a male.
    Last edited by Ryuho Tsugu; 2012-11-01 at 11:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Like this. Yes, it's complicated.

Doubtful; I've read topics about it, and nobody's ever seemed to find one, even a male.
    I...I think I will continue using my method... or just wait for the dream world to give me one... which is 'only' 4,300 points away...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Woot, caught myself 42 new pokemon in Soul Silver to transfer up to Black 2!
    ...Shame the transfer minigame is such a pain.

Also, guess who caught a shiny Kakuna. Hell yes. That's my first shiny since Crystal. It's safe to say, I was excited.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-11-02 at 12:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

That's awesome! Shiny beedrill looks really cool.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

After all, only at PWT can you really proclaim you're the very best, like no one ever was, by defeating all the Champions.
    But catching them is your real test.

I think I have a female Anticipation Eevee I need to start breeding. I haven't done much breeding due to school. I haven't even started White 2 yet! I better get on that, too. My friends are all done with it already and I haven't even picked a starter yet.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

But catching them is your real test.

I think I have a female Anticipation Eevee I need to start breeding. I haven't done much breeding due to school. I haven't even started White 2 yet! I better get on that, too. My friends are all done with it already and I haven't even picked a starter yet.
    I will love you if you can get me a female anticipation Eevee! However, I do not think I have much to offer in return. Just let me know what you need and I'll try my best to get it (so long as it isn't a legendary!).

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ...Shame the transfer minigame is such a pain.
    I dunno, I thought it was better than Gen IV's, albeit requiring more concentration (so you can't do it while doing something else as easily), on the basis that it can be much quicker once you get your eye in.

Though, of course, somewhat balanced by requiring two DS to use...

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

I've actually never did end up doing the Gen 4 minigame, so I couldn't compare. (Though I will be when I get my hands on a copy of Emerald to get those legends.) I don't think it's quick as bad as I might have made it sound. Though I did rage when I only got 5/6 pokemon in my first attempt. It's just mildly annoying, though admittedly way easier than trading.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-11-02 at 07:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Brycen-Man vrs Riolu Girl made 20 billion after one showing? With, like, four people in the audience...?!

But... that was nonsensical and terrible!

Movies in Pokemon World must be really ba...
    People in the pokemon world have like, the worst idea of what entertainment in general is. In Land of the Mystery Magic Doors or w/e part 3, I just protected/substituted with Gliscor for 20 rounds, and the movie made 999.9 billion.

Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    I've actually never did end up doing the Gen 4 minigame, so I couldn't compare. (Though I will be when I get my hands on a copy of Emerald to get those legends.) I don't think it's quick as bad as I might have made it sound. Though I did rage when I only got 5/6 pokemon in my first attempt. It's just mildly annoying, though admittedly way easier than trading.
    It's basically running around in several areas of long grass (in which bit varies by Pokemon) until you run into one of the six Pokemon and then capturing them with a 100% capture rate ball. It's pretty much busy work, and takes longer (though if you group Pokemon of the same area together, you can do it quite fast). Unlike Gen V, though, you can't just do one set after another, you have to reboot to transfer the six Pokemon from the Gen III card to the Gen IV one in the main menu, so that alone makes it slower.

Oh, hey, Casteliacones became usable in BW2! Now that you can buy a dozen per day, they are actually worth the expendature of time!

(As some of you may distantly recall, I thought in BW they were utterly pointless, since I figured I could spend the time pratting about getting one once per week more profitably grabbing wings from the bridges and selling them to fund Full Heals... I bothered to get one once in Black, and on finding out you could only get them once per week, promptly sold it to the maid and never tried again...

Admittedly, the amount of Lum berries I've acrued in Black makes them kinda redundant anyway in Black, now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    People in the pokemon world have like, the worst idea of what entertainment in general is. In Land of the Mystery Magic Doors or w/e part 3, I just protected/substituted with Gliscor for 20 rounds, and the movie made 999.9 billion.

*skullpalm*

I'd say we were surrounded by idiots, but a casual glance at the things people in Pokemon say means we sort of knew that already...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-02 at 05:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

*skullpalm*

I'd say we were surrounded by idiots, but a casual glance at the things people in Pokemon say means we sort of knew that already...!

Also, don't forget the Rich Girl in Humilau city!

"This dress is comfy and easy to wear..."
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-11-02 at 05:57 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

pfft, they spend more money going to see a 1 scene film of a Koffing using self destruct than they do going to see a well structure movie with a good battle.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

*&%$ BASKETS!!!!

Why is it so tedious to make Game Pals, damn you Gamefreak?! For frag's sake, I've wasted two days arsing about with the Dream World because the instructions on the official site are crap! You don't think things like "by-the-by, you can't be a game pal until both players have tucked their Pokemon in" shouldn't be, I dunno, WITH THE OTHER INSTRUCTIONS instead of tucked away at the bottom of the page as practially a footnote?!

*skulldesk*

FRAG that is annoying.

Also, don't forget the Rich Girl in Humilau city!

"This dress is comfy and easy to wear..."

Are these the same people who come up with Gamefreak's ease-of-use ideas, because if not, they probably ought to be, because it'd be a step up.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, hey, Casteliacones became usable in BW2! Now that you can buy a dozen per day, they are actually worth the expendature of time!
    Oh, yeah, about that. Quantum Uncertainty principle is in effect here. Her store inventory either has 1 Casteliacone per day, or 12 Casteliacones per day, and you can't tell until you've observed the outcome. Stupid "1" being the default for very obvious reasons...
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Oh, yeah, about that. Quantum Uncertainty principle is in effect here. Her store inventory either has 1 Casteliacone per day, or 12 Casteliacones per day, and you can't tell until you've observed the outcome. Stupid "1" being the default for very obvious reasons...
    Well, that's still not too bad, since I doubt the frequency for twelve is less than one in 1/84 (which is twelve week's worth in BW). And that dozen I bought will likely last a while anyway (since I tend to not use many status removers except anfter-battle antidotes, letting 'em tough it out usually, and then afterwards going back to the nearest healing location..!)

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Except... get strange films. You'll have Old Gateaux coming out of your ears before long (I still have over 200).

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Black 2 is turning out well for me so far. Caught a shiny Joltik today. Named it SPOOOOOON! in honor of the most famous tick of all.

I really need to finish my Emerald Nuzlocke run so I can send over the shiny Mightyena I caught in there.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.