New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

YAY! After scouring bulbapedia, chasing people around IRL for version exclusives, porting my SoulSilver mons up, running in circles for hours waiting for eggs to hatch, and going up and down every route in the game, I've finally finished my Unova Pokedex in Black 2!

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Shiny Haxorus get!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pretty pleased with myself. Caught an Adamant Kyurem first try in Black 2 (note, I already used my master ball soft resetting for a Timid Latios), so I'm now setting up to crush all who would stand against me with B Kyurem.

My first target for crushing is the Black Tower. Discovered that trainers at first floor all use low 50s and nowhere near fully evolved guys. Somewhat disappointed. Less disappointing is finding that I get XP from them.

Also, the first Doctor I've found has my grandparents surname.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

3. - Top - End - #1293

That feel when you've been soft resetting for over two hours at the Cobalion Encounter and you finally get a shiny Cobalion.
    And then you accidentally killed it.
    ;-;
    I accidentally chose Sacred Sword instead of False Swipe on my Terrakion.
    I think I'll just plain catch Cobalion now...

Things aside, I just saw the list of legendaries you can get in the post game now. And I'm rather excited!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    That feel when you've been soft resetting for over two hours at the Cobalion Encounter and you finally get a shiny Cobalion.
    And then you accidentally killed it.
    ;-;
    I accidentally chose Sacred Sword instead of False Swipe on my Terrakion.
    I think I'll just plain catch Cobalion now...
    Ouch. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Oh, yeah, about that. Quantum Uncertainty principle is in effect here. Her store inventory either has 1 Casteliacone per day, or 12 Casteliacones per day, and you can't tell until you've observed the outcome. Stupid "1" being the default for very obvious reasons...

Are you sure...? Because I've been three days in a row now and I've had the option to buy one or twelve each time...

You're not doing something daft like missing the selection menu off to the right there, are you...?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-03 at 06:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Are you sure...? Because I've been three days in a row now and I've had the option to buy one or twelve each time...

You're not doing something daft like missing the selection menu off to the right there, are you...?
    If you buy one, then there was only one and they're sold out. If you buy twelve, then there were twelve and now they're sold out.

6. - Top - End - #1296

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Shiny Haxorus get!
    WANT. OMG WANT.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Has anyone tried to get past the elite 4 in Emerald without catching any pokemon?

Technically doable.
    I have now done it myself! It wasn't even much harder than normal. (although castform still hasn't quite caught up with Swampert)

You might even be able to beat the battle frontier (meaning, all symbols), but I'm not sure.
    I'm going to try for this now.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    If you buy one, then there was only one and they're sold out. If you buy twelve, then there were twelve and now they're sold out.
    From the tone of Oracle's prior post, it sounded as if he was only being allowed to buy one a lot, which seemed a little odd, hence the question.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    WANT. OMG WANT.
    Just see all 300-ish non-event New-Unova-Dex Pokémon, and you'll get one, too. I have about 20-ish to go, including Skitty (since there are ABSOLUTELY NO SKITTY in Black 2).

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    From the tone of Oracle's prior post, it sounded as if he was only being allowed to buy one a lot, which seemed a little odd, hence the question.
    Nah, Othesemo got it right, I'm just trying to make a Schrodinger's Cat joke out of it. The only reason why I'm only being allowed to buy one a lot is because I keep hammering on the A button to skip dialogue and I end up hitting 1 instead of 12. I want a refund, so I can buy 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Just see all 300-ish non-event New-Unova-Dex Pokémon, and you'll get one, too. I have about 20-ish to go, including Skitty (since there are ABSOLUTELY NO SKITTY in Black 2).
    I hear there's a Wailord for that.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I hear there's a Wailord for that.
    Well, if someone wants to start some HSOWA for me, I'd be grateful.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Wait...what?

GOOGLE AWAY!!!

*instantly forgets to Google*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Wait...what?

GOOGLE AWAY!!!

*instantly forgets to Google*
    There's a garden that is chock full of Pokémon (including Nuzleaf and Gyarados, otherwise hard to find in Unova), and in the middle of it all is a shiny Haxorus. All you need to do to go to this magical place is see or catch all of Unova's Pokémon, including several you can't get entries for using just one of BW2:

1.) The basic and second evolution of the starter Pokémon that is weak to yours (if you didn't pick that starter in BW1, you will get the seen entry of the final form via battling Cheren or Bianca with their Memory Link teams)
    2.) Rufflet (B2) or Vullaby (W2)
    3.) Skitty (B2) or Buneary (W2)

However, you do not need to have seen the four Unova Event 'mons: Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-11-03 at 10:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1304

Okay, so I (finally) got Black 2. The thing is, I've been messing around with the Dream Radar for a few days now. So, my question is:

Should I use Altaria or Tornadus for my in-game Flying type?

1.) The basic and second evolution of the starter Pokémon that is weak to yours (if you didn't pick that starter in BW1, you will get the seen entry of the final form via battling Cheren or Bianca with their Memory Link teams)
    Doesn't the opposite-gender character have the second form in Nimbasa?
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-11-03 at 10:35 PM.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfly View Post
    Doesn't the opposite-gender character have the second form in Nimbasa?
    The second form, yes, which is the first evolution. You'll be missing the first and third forms. As usual, areas such as the Pokémon World Tournament and Battle Subway do not count towards "seen" Pokémon.

16. - Top - End - #1306

The second form, yes, which is the first evolution. You'll be missing the first and third forms. As usual, areas such as the Pokémon World Tournament and Battle Subway do not count towards "seen" Pokémon.
    Right, I'm just dumb then. Carry on.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Or Black Tower/White Treehollow, annoyingly enough.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Soo I tried my hand at the battle subway...

Raind Dance team;

Crobat with a neutral nature ev-trained for speed (Killed 36 Basculin with help before it hit level 50. I haven't ev trained it for attack yet)
    Poison Fang
    Raindance
    Air Slash
    Roost

I just realised that Poison Fang is superfluous considering it covers exactly the same type of pokes as Air Slash (fewer actually). Should I replace it with confuse ray and give it a kings rock? (Maximize my chance of flinching with air slash). I don't have the U-turn tm yet :(.

Vaporeon with hidden ability. (ev trained with 4 Basculin (8 points in speed), and gods know how many piloswines and clefairies for health)
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Scald
    Toxic
    I am rather dissapointed with this guy, he cannot tank and scald doesn't do much damage. I think I will replace it with surf. Oh item is expert belt. Again I do not have enough points to get better items.

Jolteon ev trained for speed (currently at 176 speed at level 50. Killed a bunch of basculin, haven't ev trained him for Sp. Attack)
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Shadow Ball
    Thunder Wave.
    Item: citrus berry.
    A glass canon is a glass canon. He hits like a truck, but nearly always get 2HKOed.

And yes I noticed that the PC is an arse... so many pokemon with gastro acid, rock slide. Plenty of bulky plant pokemon too: foongus with double team, left overs and ingrain (that move that routes them down letting them heal every round) are annoyingly difficult to kill. Also is it me or does the PC have a better chance of landing status effects?
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-04 at 12:41 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think King's Rock stacks with moves that already have Flinch chance. I would give your Crobat the Wet Rock, which increases the amount of time Rain remains up after a Rain Dance. It definitely seems beneficial, since your Crobat's plans seem to be to set up Rain Dance and switch out so other Pokemon can really take advantage of it. Alternatively, some kind of healing item might also be reasonable.

Don't use Expert Belt on Vaporeon, use Leftovers or another healing item. It really increases his bulk significantly. I also suggest you train some Defense, as those stats really do help. You seem to have capped HP, but what you really need is those Defense EVs. I love Vaporeon, it's quite a good Pokemon, but it is not for killing things. Scald is there to inflict burns so you can stall people to death and never die to anything ever. Part of the reason I dislike Toxic on Vaporeon is because Scald and Toxic don't mix very well at all. Toxic does fit the playstyle, though, so if you like Toxic use Surf. I prefer to use Scald and another move like Haze, Aqua Ring, or Protect to help you out. I would only use Protect if I had Leftovers, though. Another option if you want some increased firepower is to run Hydro Pump, which in the rain has some massive firepower. You can also run Rain Dance as your last move, which I strongly suggest since it allows your Vaporeon to set up the Rain for itself.

Now Jolteon is a Pokemon that wants Expert Belt. Increase that ridiculous damage output to score some key KOs. You don't need to train Jolteon in speed much anymore, as it has one of the best Speed stats of any Pokemon in the game. There are very few things that will outspeed you without help from stat-boosting attacks or Choice Scarf at your current Speed level. Feel free to train some HP instead.

I don't want to suggest any ridiculously massive changes, but it seems like Crobat is really not very useful on this team and you could do much better. For one, having a second Electric-weak member of your team seems poor since it's such a good attacking type, and there are plenty of better Pokemon for setting up Rain or taking advantage of it. A Steel-type of some kind, for example, would be able to use it to great effect, resisting Fire-type attacks slightly better. Toxicroak is also a great choice if you can get it, as Dry Skin is awesome. I'm not really sure what's available.

It seems like the computerized enemies land special effects more often, but I think that's because you are fighting so many of them that statistically, you are bound to run into their status effects often enough. I think if you went for enough times it would closely match the actual percentage, but with a small sample size it will definitely seem that way. Like, I can't tell you the number of times I've missed with Leech Seed, but that's because I've used it like several thousand times, so even with a 90% hit rate I'm bound to miss with it eventually.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I don't think King's Rock stacks with moves that already have Flinch chance. I would give your Crobat the Wet Rock, which increases the amount of time Rain remains up after a Rain Dance. It definitely seems beneficial, since your Crobat's plans seem to be to set up Rain Dance and switch out so other Pokemon can really take advantage of it. Alternatively, some kind of healing item might also be reasonable.

Don't use Expert Belt on Vaporeon, use Leftovers or another healing item. It really increases his bulk significantly. I also suggest you train some Defense, as those stats really do help. You seem to have capped HP, but what you really need is those Defense EVs. I love Vaporeon, it's quite a good Pokemon, but it is not for killing things. Scald is there to inflict burns so you can stall people to death and never die to anything ever. Part of the reason I dislike Toxic on Vaporeon is because Scald and Toxic don't mix very well at all. Toxic does fit the playstyle, though, so if you like Toxic use Surf. I prefer to use Scald and another move like Haze, Aqua Ring, or Protect to help you out. I would only use Protect if I had Leftovers, though. Another option if you want some increased firepower is to run Hydro Pump, which in the rain has some massive firepower. You can also run Rain Dance as your last move, which I strongly suggest since it allows your Vaporeon to set up the Rain for itself.

Now Jolteon is a Pokemon that wants Expert Belt. Increase that ridiculous damage output to score some key KOs. You don't need to train Jolteon in speed much anymore, as it has one of the best Speed stats of any Pokemon in the game. There are very few things that will outspeed you without help from stat-boosting attacks or Choice Scarf at your current Speed level. Feel free to train some HP instead.

I don't want to suggest any ridiculously massive changes, but it seems like Crobat is really not very useful on this team and you could do much better. For one, having a second Electric-weak member of your team seems poor since it's such a good attacking type, and there are plenty of better Pokemon for setting up Rain or taking advantage of it. A Steel-type of some kind, for example, would be able to use it to great effect, resisting Fire-type attacks slightly better. Toxicroak is also a great choice if you can get it, as Dry Skin is awesome. I'm not really sure what's available.

It seems like the computerized enemies land special effects more often, but I think that's because you are fighting so many of them that statistically, you are bound to run into their status effects often enough. I think if you went for enough times it would closely match the actual percentage, but with a small sample size it will definitely seem that way. Like, I can't tell you the number of times I've missed with Leech Seed, but that's because I've used it like several thousand times, so even with a 90% hit rate I'm bound to miss with it eventually.
    Thanks for the advice tgva8889 and yes, please do suggest changes as I am learning. I don't have damp rock just yet, though I should try the lady again at route 8. I can get toxicroak and honestly Crobat wasn't pulling his weight anyway.

All the other suggestions I have implemented.

Edit: Also I'd still like a female anticipation eevee....plllllleeeeeaaaaasseeeee....

Edit 2: So leftovers + hydration + rest, make your vaporeon nearly untouchable.

Edit 3: Oh gods... so if I can get a toxicroak with dry skin, give it black sludge and have it be in the rain nearly all the time I have something very tough right?
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-04 at 02:52 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1311

I'm sorry if this has been said before, but I think challenge mode has got to be one of THE worst implemented mechanics in a game I've ever seen. Not specifically talking about how it works, but how to get it! I was really looking forward to playing the entire game on hard mode, but reading around online it sounds as though there are so many hoops I have to jump through to have this happen, it's almost impossible!

Has anyone else found a workaround for this? I wanted to get a new copy of white 2 to play, and maybe download hard mode online. Is this possible? Have you guys played hard mode from the start?

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok so I got a female Crogunk with dry skin that I am going to breed with mienfoo to get drain punch on the next generation Crogunk and dry skin. Anyone want any?

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Edit: Also I'd still like a female anticipation eevee....plllllleeeeeaaaaasseeeee....
    I didn't even know you could get one, until I looked it up. I'll make sure I grab it when the opportunity arises, though it could be a few day before I have for trade (that assuming I shunt it over to my Black game, probably for a skitty, since I must have one or two spare floating around somewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mc. Lovin' View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been said before, but I think challenge mode has got to be one of THE worst implemented mechanics in a game I've ever seen. Not specifically talking about how it works, but how to get it! I was really looking forward to playing the entire game on hard mode, but reading around online it sounds as though there are so many hoops I have to jump through to have this happen, it's almost impossible!

Has anyone else found a workaround for this? I wanted to get a new copy of white 2 to play, and maybe download hard mode online. Is this possible? Have you guys played hard mode from the start?
    As far as I know, not only do you have to have to get the key from someone who's completed Black 2, you have to do it DS to DS and not over the wi-fi network. (Though it would be nice to be wrong...)

24. - Top - End - #1314

I got one way back when they had that Cafe in Japan, and I have an extra one.
    Black FC is 4728 4502 3697, if you want it (and even if you don't, I'm putting it up because the OP isn't quite up to date with it.)

25. - Top - End - #1315

That reminds me.
    After transferring over my legendaries and other important Pokemon, my Pokemon Black copy is no longer being used.
    My new friend code for Black 2 is:
    4943-3506-7435
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

I got one way back when they had that Cafe in Japan, and I have an extra one.
    Black FC is 4728 4502 3697, if you want it (and even if you don't, I'm putting it up because the OP isn't quite up to date with it.)
    Thanks! Let me know when you'd like to trade. Anything you'd like in return? I'll try my best, but I do not have much.

My friend code is:

4084 3527 0188

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1317

Thanks! Let me know when you'd like to trade. Anything you'd like in return? I'll try my best, but I do not have much.

My friend code is:

4084 3527 0188
    No, nothing in particular. Any female Dream World Pokemon is always good. I'll be waiting in just a minute.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

No, nothing in particular. Any female Dream World Pokemon is always good. I'll be waiting in just a minute.
    I could try to get you a female murkrow. But I have to breed her first. Are you willing to wait?

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319

I could try to get you a female murkrow. But I have to breed her first. Are you willing to wait?
    I already have a Female DR Murkrow, actually.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

I already have a Female DR Murkrow, actually.
    Than I am afraid I cannot offer anything else within a reasonable amount of time. I have a female dreamworld aerodactyl that I was keeping for breeding purposes (don't want pressure, but female aerodactyl's are hard to come by...)

Edit: Anyway in the wireless club now.

Edit 2: Eep let's try that again...

Edit 3: Thank you I am in your debt. I'll let you know of other good stuff I get in the future in case you want an offspring :)
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2012-11-04 at 09:31 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show