New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Than I am afraid I cannot offer anything else within a reasonable amount of time. I have a female dreamworld aerodactyl that I was keeping for breeding purposes (don't want pressure, but female aerodactyl's are hard to come by...)
    Nah, it's fine. Just send me something.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfly View Post
    I got one way back when they had that Cafe in Japan, and I have an extra one.
    Black FC is 4728 4502 3697, if you want it (and even if you don't, I'm putting it up because the OP isn't quite up to date with it.)
    Is that Black, or Black 2?

3. - Top - End - #1323

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Is that Black, or Black 2?
    That'd be Black. Waiting for my brother to get back with my DS before I actually play Black 2.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does anyone have a Scyther they'd be willing to trade to me?
    I would like to get a Scizor ready for when I get into Elite Four nonsense.
    I'm also looking for a Dratini and a Japanese Ditto.
    Cause once I get into the post game, I wil be reeding Shiny Gibles like nobody's business.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Cause once I get into the post game, I wil be reeding Shiny Gibles like nobody's business.
    Shiny doesn't breed, and the Gible is guaranteed male, apparently.

Masuda Method with the Shiny Charm means only ~1/1024 will be shiny.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-11-04 at 10:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326

I know Shiny doesn't breed, it's just ever since I was a little kid I've imagined it gives you a little secret bonus >>
    Plus, I want another shiny Gible to trade for someone's shiny Dratini if they prefer Garchomp over Dragonite, or just have an extra one for trade.

So, if anyone has a foreign Ditto with an Adamant Nature up for trade, I'd love to have one ^^
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1327

I know Shiny doesn't breed, it's just ever since I was a little kid I've imagined it gives you a little secret bonus >>
    Plus, I want another shiny Gible to trade for someone's shiny Dratini if they prefer Garchomp over Dragonite, or just have an extra one for trade.

So, if anyone has a foreign Ditto with an Adamant Nature up for trade, I'd love to have one ^^
    Well, it did help in G/S/C, so you've got something there.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

I just want to thank tgva for his advice...

Bulky toxycroak is nasty...
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you want a Dratini, the one you want is a Marvel Scale one. I breed them. With Egg Moves. (Specifically, the two best ones, Dragon Dance and ExtremeSpeed)

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want a Dratini, the one you want is a Marvel Scale one. I breed them. With Egg Moves. (Specifically, the two best ones, Dragon Dance and ExtremeSpeed)
    I'll take one of those...eventually :P
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I'll take one of those...eventually :P
    Same here!

Though I want a shiny dratini because, well...
    Shiny Dragonite~ *Q*
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1332

I have discovered, to my horror, that the PWT forbids the use of Soul Dew on Latios, and presumably Latias. I did not credit GameFreak with this foresight, and Serebii doesn't mention it, so it came out of left field.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I have discovered, to my horror, that the PWT forbids the use of Soul Dew on Latios, and presumably Latias. I did not credit GameFreak with this foresight, and Serebii doesn't mention it, so it came out of left field.
    They didn't think they had to... it's been part of the banlist since at least Gen IV (if you do bring it in to e.g. the Battle Tower, it's turned off).

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Alight, so I think I'll probably pick up the new game next week some time, thanks to getting paid some extra cash for some overtime I did.

Now, the major question: Black 2 or White 2?

I have White already, so I'm leaning towards Black 2, but with the exception of Black City/White Forest and version exclusive pokemon, is there any major difference between the versions?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

15. - Top - End - #1335

In White 2 you'll get Reshiram this time around, as your character got Zekrom in White. In Black 2 you get Zekrom.

Further more, in White and Black 2, I think there's different keys or something?
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Further more, in White and Black 2, I think there's different keys or something?
    Black 2 gives you (eventually, when you've beaten the E4) hard mode, and White 2, easy mode.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Alight, so I think I'll probably pick up the new game next week some time, thanks to getting paid some extra cash for some overtime I did.

Now, the major question: Black 2 or White 2?

I have White already, so I'm leaning towards Black 2, but with the exception of Black City/White Forest and version exclusive pokemon, is there any major difference between the versions?
    I'd strongly recommend getting White 2, if you have White- solely for Reshiram. There are a few areas that are different, such as Route 4.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Different Keys (White 2 gets Easy Mode, White Forest, and Regice keys, Black 2 gets Challenge Mode, Black City, and Registeel keys) and several different areas (Opelucid and Black City/White Forest are as they were, but Victory Road and the Plasma Frigate have two different paths each, Route 4 is either developed or has excavated ruins, and Reversal Mountain is filled with underground pools of either water (B2) or magma (W2)... you can't cross them either way, though).

You also receive different Funfest missions, your fans have different shop items in Join Avenue, and the eyecatch and battle displays are either black or white.
    I'd strongly recommend getting White 2, if you have White- solely for Reshiram. There are a few areas that are different, such as Route 4.
    If you have the M14 Reshiram, this is a moot point.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-11-04 at 11:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, it's official - for the first time in a Polemon game, I've actually replaced a starter in my primary team (in this case Snivy with Darumaka). Serperior just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort without a bit of breeding and some late-game TMs...

Not done bad though, I picked up a Naughty Darumaka with max hit points and near (or maybe even max attack). Speed was a bit pants (Def and Spec Def were pretty awful, as was Spec Att, as if I cared), but I settled, on the basis I've spent a lot of time trying to get decent IV/natured Pokemon lately, so I'm grabbing a decent one while I have the chance...

Also, Dream World really doesn't want to co-operate. Normally, when I Gamesync, if you do it back-to-back you can get two or three games up to the DW; so today I didn't start with my Black like I should have, and it only let me do one (so once again, I've got to wait before linking my BW2 to the others...!)

Caught a Modest Eevee first time in the gardens - IVs are pretty mediocre, but it's female, so I wasn't gonna complain. (Try for the Anticipation one later, after I've crumped the Casteila gym.)

I also decided I wanted a Breloom for my SS team, rather than relying on a Jumpfluff for status, and realised that I haven't even got a Shroomish in Gen IV yet. (Got one level 24 Breloom female and that's it.) So, some capturing/levelling/breeding in Diamond (if I can find any) will be required, so I can try for a low-level one with Spore...

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Black 2 gives you (eventually, when you've beaten the E4) hard mode, and White 2, easy mode.
    That's new. How do they affect the game? Do you have to start over from the beginning?

I've already gotten Reshiram from an event, and I rarely use legends anyway.

Different Keys (White 2 gets Easy Mode, White Forest, and Regice keys, Black 2 gets Challenge Mode, Black City, and Registeel keys) and several different areas (Opelucid and Black City/White Forest are as they were, but Victory Road and the Plasma Frigate have two different paths each, Route 4 is either developed or has excavated ruins, and Reversal Mountain is filled with underground pools of either water (B2) or magma (W2)... you can't cross them either way, though).
    I like the sound of Black City mostly. That's really what I wanted when I played White, more trainers. Especially since my White Forest only had two pokemon (wurple and lotad) and I didn't know how to get more.

You also receive different Funfest missions, your fans have different shop items in Join Avenue, and the eyecatch and battle displays are either black or white.
    I... don't know what any of that means.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1341

Another difference is that in
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black 2, you have access to a shiny Gible, and in White 2, a shiny Dratini.
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-11-04 at 12:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

That's new. How do they affect the game? Do you have to start over from the beginning?
    When activated, they increase/decrease the difficulty; in challenge mode (hard mode), the trainer Pokemon are higher level, with better movesets and more AI intelligence (so I'm told), and I think trainers may sometimes have more Pokemon as well. (Conversely with easy mode obviously.)

The pain the arse is that you can't get the keys until you beat the E4, and as I understand it, you can only share them over IR or local connections and not the global link. As I understand it, once you have the key, you can change the difficulty in the main menu, so it can be changed at any point.

Incidently, just in case you may not have heard, if you have a Black or White game (preferably post E4) you can do something called Memory Link, which means you can link up that game to your BW2 game, and get flashbacks and such (and the events in BW get referred to with that game's trainer's name and such). That data is independant of your saved game (again, accessed through the main menu), so you can do it during or before (like I did) even starting a game. I think I recall something about being able to do memort link of the wireless network, but you'd have to check to confirm.

(Bulbapedia/Serebii are worth checking out for all this, as they have more details than I have and are likely more correct.)

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

I have both Black 2 and White 2. Eventually, I will beat Black 2, and then do White 2 in entirely Challenge Mode.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I did it again, I got carried away and now my Haxorus is ten levels higher than everyone else in my party. I'm still training in Route 14, so I know a level 50 +Atk nature Haxorus could carry me through most of the remaining game. It happened in B1, Darmanitan carried my team, and if he got haxed it was almost a guaranteed loss. So now I go to power level the rest of my team. boj0 away!
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    So, White 2 for shiny dratini, or Black 2 for Black city and the extra trainers.

I don't know!

Incidently, just in case you may not have heard, if you have a Black or White game (preferably post E4) you can do something called Memory Link, which means you can link up that game to your BW2 game, and get flashbacks and such (and the events in BW get referred to with that game's trainer's name and such). That data is independant of your saved game (again, accessed through the main menu), so you can do it during or before (like I did) even starting a game. I think I recall something about being able to do memort link of the wireless network, but you'd have to check to confirm.
    That's something you need two DS for I assume?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346

Spoiler
    Show
    So, White 2 for shiny dratini, or Black 2 for Black city and the extra trainers.

I don't know!

That's something you need two DS for I assume?
    The way I see it, it'd usually be better to get the one that's a sequel to the one you already have, either way. That's just me, though.

EDIT: Yes, you need two DS(s?) for the Memory Link.
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-11-04 at 02:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I... don't know what any of that means.
    Funfest missions replace the old Entree missions, and can be played with only one person rather than needing to link up with someone.

Join Avenue is the other pastime that BW2 introduces. The gate from Route 4 to Nimbasa has been replaced by a long street. When you first enter, the owner of the place rather randomly elects you as the new manager. As manager, you can talk to the avenue's visitors and either invite them to set up their dream shop (a gym for training Pokémon, a barber shop, an antiques shop, etc.) or recommend a shop that matches what they're looking for. Every day you get a number of such visitors who are your fans, as well as possibly a random gym leader (who doesn't want to set up shop, but gives you a major reputation boost if you recommend the right shop), and any other players you've interacted with recently, who appear as their chosen trainer class. Most shops have different items for sale depending on which version of the game the shopkeeper originated from, and your fans always count as having originated from your game (since, y'know, they did).

Eyecatches are the little borders that pop up to tell you where you are when you enter a Route or City. The backgrounds for those and the status bars for the Pokémon in battle are colored according to your game version.
    Incidently, just in case you may not have heard, if you have a Black or White game (preferably post E4) you can do something called Memory Link, which means you can link up that game to your BW2 game, and get flashbacks and such (and the events in BW get referred to with that game's trainer's name and such).
    Most important people will refer to your previous protagonist by name, but some people, such as Plasma Grunts, will still refer to him/her as "that trainer" or "the hero" or so forth. It gets weird if you tend to use the same name for all your characters (like I do... gender-neutral nicknames can be handy at times), since they'll be talking about (for example) "Bob" to "Bob" without any identifiers.
    I think I recall something about being able to do memort link of the wireless network, but you'd have to check to confirm.
    If you have the code for one of the previous games' Game Sync, you can input that to pull the Memory Link data off of the internet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not so fast! Both Black 2 and White 2 have revamped their version-exclusive areas!

Instead of what exists in the originals, Versions 2 have more similar areas. Black 2 has the Black Tower and White 2 has the White Treehollow, which each have gauntlets of trainers and a certain someone's younger relative waiting at the end. The surrounding areas (still called Black City/White Forest) now both have trainers who will sell things to you after you've beaten the tower once.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-11-04 at 02:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, it's official - for the first time in a Polemon game-
    Okay, that made me snicker.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

29. - Top - End - #1349

If you have the code for one of the previous games' Game Sync, you can input that to pull the Memory Link data off of the internet.
    Wait, what? How do you do that?

Never mind, I figured it out. Good to know.
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-11-04 at 02:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What is this and how?
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.