New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

I have some not great shinies. Galvantula and Frillish are okay, but neither of mine have great stats.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I have some not great shinies. Galvantula and Frillish are okay, but neither of mine have great stats.
    With shinies, it's not about the stats, It's about having them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    On an off-topic note, I've been reading Homestuck and I just realized what your avatar is!
    (Except the name. That escapes me somehow).
    Thanks! Do you mean my name or the character's name?

Derjuin is just a reference to a badly written college acceptance letter (I turned them down (i probably shouldnt have but w/e)). The character's name is a sekret :::;).

ION, my friends now make fun of me for EV training and IV-obsessing, but I can't get it out of my head. Even when I play a new game I look at the pidgey I'm farming and I'm like "...I'm going to have a -really fast- feraligatr." About shinies, I tend to agree - unless it's a guaranteed one (like red gyarados), it's about having em. What I don't understand is when I see people online with nothing but shinies on their team. Shiny Hydreigon, Landorus, Snorlax...all with just the right IVs, EVs and natures.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    With shinies, it's not about the stats, It's about having them.
    Someone was complaining about how good/bad their shinies were. I was commenting that mine aren't much better.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    You mean your first ever shiny, right?
    Yeah. Why'd I say Legendary? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    It just occurred to me that my team in Black version changes almost daily.

I'm no longer even using half of them (Garchomp, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Dragonite, Blissey, Togekiss, even Tyranitar, all sitting in the box), but I've found some new favorites (like Heracross, Heatran (doesn't know Dragon Pulse though ) and event Raikou).

And I found my first Black version shiny pokemon the other day! A shiny...*gasp* Audino!

I was hunting for 6 HP EVs for Heracross...and it turned up shiny. I just couldn't KO it .
    .... I kinda wanna make the little online card things that list your Pokemon team, and put it in my profile.

And you shouldn't want to kill Audino anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Ugh, my first non-Gyarados shiny was a Smoochum back in Crystal. Look up shiny Jynx and you'll understand my pain. Also had a shiny Spinda back in Emerald. I think I'm not allowed to have nice things
    But her dress is so much prettier Purple than Red!

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    A masochist maybe? *shrug*

I think I ko'ed a shiny zubat once. Or maybe it was one of my siblings.
    .... is a shiny Zubat still worth the trauma its species has caused over the years? That cry was worse than Navi...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Am I the only person on earth who actually likes the Zubat line? It was on me team in Red version way back, and now I run one in any Johto or Kanto game.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... I kinda wanna make the little online card things that list your Pokemon team, and put it in my profile.
    ..Actually, I had a similar idea of pulling the images off bulbapedia and popping them into my signature here. Where do you find the card-things?

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ;w;
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

..Actually, I had a similar idea of pulling the images off bulbapedia and popping them into my signature here. Where do you find the card-things?
    I'm also kinda interested in that. I made mine in photoshop for use as a facebook cover, but something I could just plug data into would be nice.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Am I the only person on earth who actually likes the Zubat line? It was on me team in Red version way back, and now I run one in any Johto or Kanto game.
    Zubat are easy to catch, a little weak to begin with, and have one of the most viable poison types in pretty much every generation as a final evolution.

They're also in every damn game pretty damn early. I can safely say that Zubat is my FAVORITE non-Scyther pokemon.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eh. Nidoking was my poison type, and Charizard my flying. Confusion Hax cemented what would have been passive disinterest into hatred.

I honestly just googled "Trainer Cards". Once I start playing again, I'll probably go through with it.

;w;
    Pokemon gets depressing when you really start looking into it.

I'm also kinda interested in that. I made mine in photoshop for use as a facebook cover, but something I could just plug data into would be nice.
    I want one that might let me use a custom sprite, for say an OC. I've seen so many awesome things photoshop is used for, I should get it...

Zubat are easy to catch, a little weak to begin with, and have one of the most viable poison types in pretty much every generation as a final evolution.

They're also in every damn game pretty damn early. I can safely say that Zubat is my FAVORITE non-Scyther pokemon.
    I hated Zubat.... until Crowbat, at least. Crowbat's kinda cool... but when it first came out.... freaking Mt Moon, man.... *insertZubatcryhere* *twitch twitch*

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

*crobat

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

*crobat

:p

I was so young when I first got one... I did that with a lot of Pokemon back then.

Blazen instead of Blaziken, Vioplumb instead of Vileplume... heh...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Crobat made the Zubat line usable in-game for a few reasons. The most important, however, was that it allowed them to learn Fly, thus making them actually useful for beating the game by not taking up a slot without providing any space for HMs.

Golbat was awful in R/B both because Poison and Flying were not very good types and because Golbat itself had bad stats compared to a lot of usable Pokemon and didn't learn any HM moves, thus making it a poor choice for both fighting and traveling.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got swept on the Battle Subway by a trick room bronzong.

I'm not sure how I feel about this XD

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Despite all the things you prepare for, there's always going to be something that can defeat you. Unless you cheat or hack and make things that shouldn't be possible possible.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-08-03 at 08:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

It was actually pretty hilarious. It got consecutive OHKO critical hits with rock slide against my Scizor and Chandelure, and my Gliscor literally couldn't hurt it (earthquake/toxic/substitute/protect).

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. "Random wilds"? Try "Heatran in Slowpoke Well". And I beat it by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

So, my sojourn away ended up more as a Pokemon-fest... Between weather, and a familarity-induced, shut-down lethargy that sometimes plagues me when I go to Abersoch, I ended up doing quite a bit of playing...

I have now officially, after what, seven years-odd, finally completed all the Generation III games. (Bar the shouting.) My Emerald team finally made it past the League (not easy, since they were a non-EV trained group of Seviper, Whiscash, Typhosion, Swellow, Sableye and Septile, requiring me to hit level 55 after the last time, when Drake's Kingdra swept us...) My FireRed team, consisting of Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Alakazam, Parasect and Rapidash barely blinked a collective eyelid (possibly because, while not EV trained, as four out of six were carefully bred trades...)

I chunked a good way through Pearl (and stopped until I could work out where to get my last prospective team-member, Riolu before I went too far, which I have now), found a couple more sages in Black, finally snagged a passable Petilil and Venepede (now working on Frillish) in White, and sent another thirty or so Pokemon to HG from Gen III, so that I can eventually send up to Black, finish a couple of bioxes off, transfer them to White, and have some space back...!)

So now I can do a bit of trading through GoD and breed the last handful of Pokemon (Kabuto/Charmander/Treeko) line and my Gen III Pokedex will be as complete as it's ever going to get.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

I am so close to finishing the Kanto dex. Does anyone have any of these evolutionary lines for trade?

Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Oddish
    Voltorb
    Lapras
    Mr. Mime
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Mewtwo

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey you guys know what would be fun?

ROUND 2 OF BOJO'S COMMUNITY TEAM CHALLENGE!

How it works for those who forgot: the first 7 Pokemon posted by the forum will make a team and one alternate. I will then use this team for the next month on PO (30 days)

The only rules are: 1) no ubers 2) must be fully evolved

You have 3 days to give me a Pokemon, and should you desire, movesets, natures, ev/iv s and items.

Since I have a YouTube channel now, I can actually upload the battles instead of a long winded, yet admittedly fun play by play.

I put my fate in your hands
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, an update on my Dragons Exalted pre-release pulls.
    Out of 8 packs total, I got zero EXs.
    My friend got Registeel EX Fullart and Terrakion EX, and my other friend got a plain Registeel EX.

I did, however, get the new Garbadore, Beautifly, and Sigilyph(the one that takes no damage or anything from EXs!).
    And the Gothitelles with Doom Demise, Shedinjas, and Ninjasks.
    I got the cards I wanted that weren't the EXs >~<
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #142
    Colossus in the Playground

How it works for those who forgot: the first 7 Pokemon posted by the forum will make a team and one alternate. I will then use this team for the next month on PO (30 days)

You have 3 days to give me a Pokemon, and should you desire, movesets, natures, ev/iv s and items.

Since I have a YouTube channel now, I can actually upload the battles instead of a long winded, yet admittedly fun play by play.

Blastoise, use Blastoise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

A galvantula.

Too few people use galvantulas.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Crustle! I never see the hermit crab except when I use it XD

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Pinsir!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

So far you folks have suggested my BW1 RU team
    Any particular movesets?
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Rapidash.

Because Ponyta/Rapidash will always hold a special place in my heart, because the episode The Flame Pokémon-athon! was the first time I saw Pokemon; I was ill at he time and desparate for something to watch. So I watched Pokemon, was baffled by what was going on, but thought it sort of okay - until the climax, where Ponyta evolved. And at that point, I was completely and hopelessly hooked. (It was one of the more spectacular moments of the series, I think. The epic music helped!)

I will leave others to suggest moves or natures (not being a competative player myself!) - and as my priorly mentioned Rapidash is Gen III. (It does have Hypnosis though, which is kinda cool!)

28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground

So far you folks have suggested my BW1 RU team
    Any particular movesets?
    I would be greatly amused if you managed to pull off an agility/electro ball moveset.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

You should run crustle with:

Adamant
    Lum Berry
    172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spe
    Spikes/Stealth Rock/X-Scissor/Stone Edge

EDIT: Completely off-topic, but I just wanted to express how much I love the winter Unova Route 3 music compared to the rest of the seasons.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Stunfisk.

Or the Luvdisc-evo-that-isn't-a-Luvdisc-evo.

Oh, and you reminded me of that BW run I was doing with a set team! Now, where did I leave the game card...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew