New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Who are you going to replace the Vuplix with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea.

Also, I just beat Morty's gym... but not without a cost

His gengar one-shotted my Flaaffy. I guess you could say he *puts on sunglasses* ate my Dream.

In any case, I screwed up my one capture for mount mortar, so I don't think I'll be filling both slots any time soon.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I have no idea.

Also, I just beat Morty's gym... but not without a cost

His gengar one-shotted my Flaaffy. I guess you could say he *puts on sunglasses* ate my Dream.

In any case, I screwed up my one capture for mount mortar, so I don't think I'll be filling both slots any time soon.
    Good pun.

Do you have any spares in the box?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

That pun was almost worth losing the Flaaffy .

About the extras: Nope. I have had really bad luck with critical hits and weakening the first pokemon of each area. However, I went and caught a Magnemite just now in the route to the left of the town, since I hadn't been there. Its name is Lorentz.

5. - Top - End - #185

That pun was almost worth losing the Flaaffy .

About the extras: Nope. I have had really bad luck with critical hits and weakening the first pokemon of each area. However, I went and caught a Magnemite just now in the route to the left of the town, since I hadn't been there. Its name is Lorentz.
    Magnemite's are awesome. Do you have a Sinnoh game to get a Magnezone?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

I do, but I managed to let it die already

Forgot the wooper line is ground type...

7. - Top - End - #187

I do, but I managed to let it die already

Forgot the wooper line is ground type...
    Ouch!

I'm going to love that though when I get to Gen 2 and beyond in my ultimate water monolocke.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm going to try really, really hard to get a video up by tomorrow with the challenge team. We just have to hope Netflix stops me from watching Breaking Bad.

I kid, sort of (I am in the middle of Season 2), but I have a few good matches in the bag, so I know I can at least get them recorded.

EDIT: HERE IT IS NUMBER ONE, THE FIRST OF MANY VIDEOS. CAPS LOCKS FOR COOL
    Last edited by boj0; 2012-08-07 at 05:34 PM.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

It amused me that Raticate is actually one of the best guys to use to fight Morty in the game. Immunity to Shadow Ball and access to super-effective Crunch? Awesome.

I haven't lost a guy in a while. I've only lost 2 ever, I think. I may be too good at Nuzlocke?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

That stunfisk is surprisingly badass.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    So I'm going to try really, really hard to get a video up by tomorrow with the challenge team. We just have to hope Netflix stops me from watching Breaking Bad.

I kid, sort of (I am in the middle of Season 2), but I have a few good matches in the bag, so I know I can at least get them recorded.

Very nice. I hope you end up using galvantula in the next match.

Incidentally, it's pronounced Oh-thee-see-moe.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post

For the record, it's pronounced "A (as in "hay")-oat-ers"... which isn't actually as pony-related as I just realised I made that sound, being, in fact, an anacronym for Army Of The Red Spear.

(Incidently, Lord Death Despoil was well aware than you don't normally use "of" and "the" as part of an anacronym, but there was no way he was going to form an organisation called Ars, which would inevitably been pronouced with an additional "e" at the end...)

Also, "Aotrs" is sufficiently unique that it makes it very easy to google oneself, which is very handy...!

Not having seen anything like that software before, one has to ask what the list of moves below the Pokemon were, as there seemed to be more than four - list of all potential moves that species could have or something?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-07 at 07:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

I finally got lucky with a wild pokemon citing. Miltank was my first pokemon on Route 39. Welcome to the team, Nightmare the Miltank.

14. - Top - End - #194

All glory to Shellthulu!

Also my name was said correctly.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-08-07 at 07:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    It amused me that Raticate is actually one of the best guys to use to fight Morty in the game. Immunity to Shadow Ball and access to super-effective Crunch? Awesome.

I haven't lost a guy in a while. I've only lost 2 ever, I think. I may be too good at Nuzlocke?
    Or your Pokemon are just in the top percentage of Pokemon

It reminds me of the time I Nuzlocked Ruby.
    I rocked that game hard. I only lost my Surskit and Zigzagoon.
    Skitters the Surskit and Ziggy the Zigzagoon will live on forever in my heart
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Not having seen anything like that software before, one has to ask what the list of moves below the Pokemon were, as there seemed to be more than four - list of all potential moves that species could have or something?

That was the Teambuilder for Pokemon Online 2.0; the way my recording software was set up I didn't want to move the capture area, but if you scroll down you get the list of all the moves that Pokemon can learn and the four you're using. (Btw, I use Pokemon Online to battle, aesoft to animate, and finally Camtasia Studio 7 to record and add audio).

Yeah the team is doing pretty well so far, the biggest problem is a lack of team synergy (which, to be fair, is the point); however I'm trying to more or less find battles that are interesting while not being lop-sided. Galvantula has had a few good matches, really though I'm making sure everyone has equal chance to shine.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Holy @$&^, that pinsir is fierce.

Why was the other guy using Kadabra?

EDIT: and in retrospect, I probably should have said "scyther" but the stealth rock weakness is too much for PO, IMHO.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-08-07 at 09:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Holy @$&^, that pinsir is fierce.

Why was the other guy using Kadabra?
    Eviolite, I assume.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing since Alakazam is banned from UU, he opted for the less powerful, but legal Kadabra.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Kanghaskhan is pretty beast.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

It probably should have occurred to me that Jasmine wasn't the next gym leader before I challenged her. Goodbye, Toxo the Tentacool, sacrificed to sponge an iron tail.

Her steelix was actually easy to beat, even though I was severely underleved. Edgar's fire blast + wide lens is scary.

22. - Top - End - #202

It probably should have occurred to me that Jasmine wasn't the next gym leader before I challenged her. Goodbye, Toxo the Tentacool, sacrificed to sponge an iron tail.

Her steelix was actually easy to beat, even though I was severely underleved. Edgar's fire blast + wide lens is scary.
    Spoilers for my nuzlocke comic
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously Jasmine was the easiest gym leader ever. I had Vol my Magmar take out her two magnemites and then Alex my Fergaliter took out the Steelix.

Even at neutral damage Fireblast won. I see what you mean about scary. And yeah you probably would have won if you went to Chuck first.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm currently training for Chuck, since the majority of my team was level 25 when I fought Jasmine. I caught a Gloom (named Bal) and it's currently boxed.

Also, I clicked the link in your sig to the Emerald nuzlocke. I'm greatly enjoying it so far

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I highly suggest you get Eevee and an Umbreon. Umbreon has been an all-star for me. You just have to remember to use a lot of Amulet Coin to afford the large amounts of healing items you need to use defensive Pokemon.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

25. - Top - End - #205

I'm currently training for Chuck, since the majority of my team was level 25 when I fought Jasmine. I caught a Gloom (named Bal) and it's currently boxed.

Also, I clicked the link in your sig to the Emerald nuzlocke. I'm greatly enjoying it so far
    Wow thanks. After that there's blazing hate, and if you like Fire emblem. Fire emblem 7

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I highly suggest you get Eevee and an Umbreon. Umbreon has been an all-star for me. You just have to remember to use a lot of Amulet Coin to afford the large amounts of healing items you need to use defensive Pokemon.
    Espeon is best

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Espeon is best
    Going to agree with you there (except for Leafeon, but I can't get him in this game).

Anyway, I got a 6th member for my team: Rogue the red Gyarados. "Rogue" because I tried "Rouge," but years of correcting people on D&D forums has left me unable to see that word correctly.

27. - Top - End - #207

Going to agree with you there (except for Leafeon, but I can't get him in this game).

Anyway, I got a 6th member for my team: Rogue the red Gyarados. "Rogue" because I tried "Rouge," but years of correcting people on D&D forums has left me unable to see that word correctly.
    May he get plenty of sneak attacks.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wasn't there a slightly similar issue in the Kanto Region? Once you've gotten through Rock Tunnel, the game kinda opens up a bit, and you might find yourself going to places you aren't ready for just yet....

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

YES! SOON the world will BURN in NUCLEAR FIRE!

...Er, I mean, love will be spread across the world with magic sparkles and rainbows! Do you believe in magic? In a young girl's heart? How the music will free her, whenever it starts?
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-08-08 at 02:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Wasn't there a slightly similar issue in the Kanto Region? Once you've gotten through Rock Tunnel, the game kinda opens up a bit, and you might find yourself going to places you aren't ready for just yet....
    Actually, you can skip facing Lt. Surge, IIRC, as he isn't critical until you need to use Fly to get around. Post Rock Tunnel, you need to get the pokeflute but in the meantime can wander through and probably face the Celadon Gym. Facing the Saffron City gym is possible from fairly early, but it's genuinely crazy hard in Gen 1, though easier in Gen 3.

I don't know if you can get away with it necessarily in a Nuzlocke, as I genuinely dislike them. (They don't feel hard to me in terms of being more challenging, they feel like Fake Difficulty; for my 'challenge runs' I do Type Themed challenges with a 6 man main party, one alternate, and an HM slave Just In Case.)