New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I don't know if you can get away with it necessarily in a Nuzlocke, as I genuinely dislike them. (They don't feel hard to me in terms of being more challenging, they feel like Fake Difficulty; for my 'challenge runs' I do Type Themed challenges with a 6 man main party, one alternate, and an HM slave Just In Case.)
    I can see what you mean there. My challenge hasn't been any more hard than a normal playthrough, but I feel like it's more about immersing in the story of the player than the challenge. Normally when I play pokemon, it is more like watching a movie than playing a role.

In any case, I fought Pryce, but he killed my miltank. Goodbye Nightmare the Miltank, who missed the finishing move (zen headbutt).

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Trying to catch a half-way decent Frillish... As usual, the amount of Adamant, likes to thrash about (which I could never get when hunting for venepede) has been unhilariously frequent...

Finally got a Modest one with a potential SpA that's not in single digits (estimated mid-twenties), with a 30 SpD, middling speed (13-19), very low defence (single digits) and low twenties HP.

Does that seem kinda passable? (If not I'll keep looking for a slightly better one.) I ask since the speed is kinda meh, which I probably would bother less about if the defence wasn't really low. (Yes, I am well into splitting hairs territory, just humour me!)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Ah. See, I generally do one or two runs with "these pokes are awesome!" and then transition into a more focused run. Like, I ran a Pearl run with a Ground Type team, ended up with Torterra, Steelix, Garchomp, Hippopotas, and the sea slug thing; alternates were harder to come by, because Pearl was poor for Ground.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I can see what you mean there. My challenge hasn't been any more hard than a normal playthrough
    Yeah, I know what yuo mean. I wanted challenge, so I did that BW run with a team voted in by The Playground.

Still trying to find someone to help me evolve my Scyther and provide a Metal Coat, though, so it's on hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Illven, your Emerald nuzlocke was depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Still trying to find someone to help me evolve my Scyther and provide a Metal Coat, though, so it's on hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time.
    I can help with that I don't need the metal coat in my white version since I transferred steelix and scizor from soulsilver.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

If you want to continue the story of Illven, you can read my Fire emblem nuzlocke inspired. Link also in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

I can help with that I don't need the metal coat in my white version since I transferred steelix and scizor from soulsilver.
    Great, my Black version FC is 3052 9470 8131. Is the one in the first post correct for you?

EDIT: Never mind, you dont have one in the first post...
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-08-08 at 08:19 PM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I said I had a video of Stunfisk being awesome.
    Here is a video of Stunfisk being awesome.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Scyther! :o

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Someone said there was a way to actually find a specific person for Dream World Friending? How?
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #221

All glory to Shellthulu!

He was the real hero of that match.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Someone said there was a way to actually find a specific person for Dream World Friending? How?
    Yes. However, there's a 75% chance that any given person will be unavailable, since there's four "worlds" (server clusters, I assume) and each game is assigned to one of those, without any ability to travel between them.

It's a little difficult to boil down the directions more than the link does...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Great, my Black version FC is 3052 9470 8131. Is the one in the first post correct for you?

EDIT: Never mind, you dont have one in the first post...
    My friend code will probably never be in the first post, because it resets it every time I have to borrow my dad's DSi to use a WPA connection. Sucks that the normal DS can only use WEP

In any case, my friend code until about 10am tomorrow morning (EST) is:
    2666 8908 5542

Do you mind if I evolve one of my trade-evolves during this trade? I'm assuming it'd go
    -trade scyther to me
    -I give metal coat
    -trade back?

EDIT: Damn. Stunfisk did work

Nuzlocke update: Still sad that I lost Nightmare, but on the plus side, I got the secret power TM and Togetic can now paraflinch by himself if he's in a building. Whoo!

And another one: I just learned that poison cannot faint my pokemon in the overworld. *Phew* My Feraligatr got poisoned in the radio tower, and literally hit 1 hp the moment I stepped into the pokemon center door.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

My friend code will probably never be in the first post, because it resets it every time I have to borrow my dad's DSi to use a WPA connection. Sucks that the normal DS can only use WEP
    Wait...DSis can use WPA connections instead of just WEP? Does that continue with the DSiXL? If so...YAY. I may be able to start accessing event pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Espeon is best
    Depends on what you want. My Umbreon is so good that he literally can't die against most equally-leveled Pokemon, even with high-power moves like Outrage. Umbreon has such good defenses and HP, which are really valuable in Nuzlocke where death to a team member costs to a large amount of time and effort.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Have either you or Starwulf tried going to your router's webpage to see if you can set up a guest network like I did? (You may or may not be able to, depending on your ISP and whatnot). The web address for my router settings was written on the saide of my actual router, browsing there I was able to find an option to set up a guest network (which allowed me to set a WEP encryption on it.)

Also, any thoughts from anyone on the priorly mention Frillish?

17. - Top - End - #227

And another one: I just learned that poison cannot faint my pokemon in the overworld. *Phew* My Feraligatr got poisoned in the radio tower, and literally hit 1 hp the moment I stepped into the pokemon center door.
    That is one of my favorite additions in Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Depends on what you want. My Umbreon is so good that he literally can't die against most equally-leveled Pokemon, even with high-power moves like Outrage. Umbreon has such good defenses and HP, which are really valuable in Nuzlocke where death to a team member costs to a large amount of time and effort.
    Espeon has great killing potential.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

I plan on using espeon because my team is already really tanky, and I do need some damage.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

In any case, my friend code until about 10am tomorrow morning (EST) is:
    2666 8908 5542

Do you mind if I evolve one of my trade-evolves during this trade? I'm assuming it'd go
    -trade scyther to me
    -I give metal coat
    -trade back?

EDIT: Damn. Stunfisk did work

Nuzlocke update: Still sad that I lost Nightmare, but on the plus side, I got the secret power TM and Togetic can now paraflinch by himself if he's in a building. Whoo!

Great, I woke up late today and missed the timing-window...

So what's the friend code now? And no, i don't mind if you evolve your own trade-evolve when we do this.

EDIT: Maybe people should post their Dream World IDs so that we can all visit each other more easily?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-08-09 at 02:15 PM.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Great, I woke up late today and missed the timing-window...

So what's the friend code now? And no, i don't mind if you evolve your own trade-evolve when we do this.

EDIT: Maybe people should post their Dream World IDs so that we can all visit each other more easily?
    My friend code right now is... huh. That's weird.

It gave me the message saying it reset (erased history/friend codes, etc) when I connected on my dad's DS, but the code itself has not changed. Still 2666 8908 5542.

I'm on from now until a while later, so just bug me when you're ready.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Wait...DSis can use WPA connections instead of just WEP? Does that continue with the DSiXL? If so...YAY. I may be able to start accessing event pokemon!
    The original DS ("phat") and DS Lite are WEP-only. All other DSes (DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSLL) have WPA support, but require the game to support WPA as well. Black and White do have WPA support, but games before the DSi was released are WEP-only.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Had a very solid night on PO
    Should have another video or so up by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: While doing this challenge, I realized I wish to run a Sceptile one day
    Last edited by boj0; 2012-08-09 at 10:19 PM.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

frown Re: Pokémon Thread XIII: Our Ponies are ON FIRE!

So... the dragon gym was very, very difficult. I was a bit underleveled because I didn't grind up my pokemon all the way (level 39 on each).

I lost my Gloom Magno to a critical hit dragon pulse before I could set up sunny day, and Rogue got critted by Kingdra's hyper beam.

Cacon (now a togekiss) made sure the kingdra didn't get another move.

24. - Top - End - #234

So... the dragon gym was very, very difficult. I was a bit underleveled because I didn't grind up my pokemon all the way (level 39 on each).

I lost my Gloom Magno to a critical hit dragon pulse before I could set up sunny day, and Rogue got critted by Kingdra's hyper beam.

Cacon (now a togekiss) made sure the kingdra didn't get another move.
    Sniper has killed the best of all of us.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity, what level do you think I should grind to for the elite 4? I plan on taking 5 pokemon with me:

Delta the Feraligatr (swords dance sweeper)
    Cacon the Togekiss (paraflinch)
    Sio the Golem (tank/rock polish sweeper)
    Edgar the Nidoking (mixed attacker)
    Kaarth the Dratini - currently training. I have no idea what he'll do other than have extremespeed.

26. - Top - End - #236

Out of curiosity, what level do you think I should grind to for the elite 4? I plan on taking 5 pokemon with me:

Delta the Feraligatr (swords dance sweeper)
    Cacon the Togekiss (paraflinch)
    Sio the Golem (tank/rock polish sweeper)
    Edgar the Nidoking (mixed attacker)
    Kaarth the Dratini - currently training. I have no idea what he'll do other than have extremespeed.
    Probably level 50. And make sure someone has an ice move. Feraligatr may not have enough Sp.atk to OHKO the dragonites with Ice beam.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    The original DS ("phat") and DS Lite are WEP-only. All other DSes (DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSLL) have WPA support, but require the game to support WPA as well. Black and White do have WPA support, but games before the DSi was released are WEP-only.
    That is quite a relief to hear, my daughter has a DSiXL, and I have Pokemon Black. Are there any cool event pokemon out right now(any at all) for Black?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Probably level 50. And make sure someone has an ice move. Feraligatr may not have enough Sp.atk to OHKO the dragonites with Ice beam.
    Feraligatr will have ice fang or avalanche, and Edgar has wide lens and Blizzard. After an X Accuracy, it's 100.1% accurace if I did the math right. I am still amazed that I managed to somehow raise a nidoking with equal attack and special attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    That is quite a relief to hear, my daughter has a DSiXL, and I have Pokemon Black. Are there any cool event pokemon out right now(any at all) for Black?
    They have a dream world porygon and a bunch of C-gear skins right now.

EDIT: Looks like Keldeo will finally be released in the US! Yay.
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...on-2012-08-06/

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Also, the English release of the BW2 trailer for a reminder: go big, or go home.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Also, the English release of the BW2 trailer for a reminder: go big, or go home.

*Picks jawbone up off floor*

Can...can we haz that as anime series please...?

I mean...damn...

The actual anime should be taking some serious notes!