New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Shadowrun: The Disappearance of Samantha Drake IC

Leonora takes a deep breath, smiling when it generates only a small cough. She wraps her hands around Lukas' arms and squeezes gently. "I'm good. It helps just being out of the smoke." She looks towards the entrance, her expression faintly nervous. "I didn't completely ruin the first impression did I?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lukas shakes his head "nah, I think you're fine, I sorta got the impression that guy who was late has a similar problem, just not so bad.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Lukas is going to send a message to Enoch, Kassandra, and Hughes asking if they've got any info about wiz-gangers that hang out at The Night Owl.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lukas gets a message back from Hughes <Sorry omae, that is outside of our territory. I don't know who runs the 'Owl these days.> He get similar messages from Enoch and Kassandra, but Kassandra adds that she will try to look into it for you.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The adept pulls up his hood. He gets up from his seat, giving the others a "come on" gesture. "You know, something just occurred to me," he says on their way out. "I never asked whether Samantha was Awakened herself." The answer might have been important in figuring out her reasons for going along with the gang.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Alex shrugs at the hooded man as he gets up to follow, "I would think she would've mentioned it, right?

Once out the door, Alex regards the brother and sisters, everything alright? By the way, I'm Alex.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

"Gaia." Leonora straightens further and offers a hand. "Sorry about that - allergies." She offers a sheepish, self-deprecating smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to be a nuisance, but technically, the other characters don't actually know Leonora and Lukas are related... they haven't been told that yet

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"you may call me Maton." Lukas replies, stowing his commlink after checking his messages.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Mordred." The adept introduces himself. He leans next to the wall, thinking. "What kind of time limit do you think we're working with? It's better that we devote some time to learning about the Night Owl." And just as a precaution, the Drake family.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

"Not enough, I would imagine." Leonora says, hooking one ankle over the other and leaning slightly against her brother. "She's already been missing two weeks. Of course, if she wanted to disappear, the urgency lessens. Otherwise?" She shrugs, glances up at her companion and adds, in a voice suddenly quiet. "A lot can happen in two weeks."

Spoiler
    Show
    I should have thought of this earlier, but Leonora will also send messages to contacts asking if they know anything about wiz-gangs operating out of or near the Night Owl.
    Marco
    Wiremu
    Ayelen
    They're the only ones I can think of who might know something relevant.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Alex nods at Gaia's answer, I agree. The faster we get a look at her place, and some people in the Owl, the better, I think. We can probably learn a lot about the place if someone goes to have a look for themselves. What he doesn't say is that he doesn't want to be that someone...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

well, I think Gaia has had enough of the smokey bar scene for awhile, so if it's cool with you all, we'll check out miss drake's place of residence. Lukas offers. wrapping an arm protectively around his sister.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Are you sure she's cut out for this if smoke upsets her so much?
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Leonora straightened up, shrugging Lukas' arm off her shoulder and glaring at the other man. "She will be fine." She snapped.

14. - Top - End - #44

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show

These messages actually filter in over the corse of the next hour, but for sake of convenience I'll just post them now.

After Leonora sends a couple quick messages to some friends, she gets a couple responses right away.

<Hola Senorita, havent heard from U in while. And C hw good my Spanish is now :-) Night Owl outside of R turf but ive herd that some serious **** happened their recantly. That used to be Ancients turf but i know they pulled out. dont know who there now.--Marco>

<Wiz-gangs in the Night Owl? I haven't heard anything about that recently. That is a neighborhood where we aren't able to patrol very often, so our intel can be spotty. I do know that that area was the site of a small gang war a couple of months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody new has moved in. Sorry I can't tell you more.--Wiremu>

Ayelen doesn't send anything back, but that is not to surprising. Shamans have a reputation of not being around their commlink to get messages. Generally he will respond in his time.

Spoiler
    Show

If Marco's message is unreadable I can translate it to real English if you want. I had fun writing that and pretending I was 16.
    Last edited by a_humble_lich; 2012-07-26 at 07:06 AM.
    --Will S.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

If you two are going to check out her place, I'll just need to swing by my pad really quick to pick up a thing or two. He can see the bottle of Zero laying on the floor next to his bed, as he feels the cool night air start to ease up on his sinuses. He turns to the others, that cool? We can meet up at the Night Owl later tonight?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mind if I tag along? It's easy to gear up when you can carry your weapons anywhere. Jack snaps his fingers and chuckles. Besides, you look like the toughest one here. I aint dying in some alley which means you and I need to be best of friends.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The adept looks at the others. Two on each separate "team". He produces a very old coin from his pants pocket. Age had rendered any markings unrecognizable, but you could at least distinguish between the sides. Mordred flipped it, catching the coin in midair. Heads. Sort of. "I'll meet you at Ms. Drake's home," he says to Gaia and Maton.

He heads for his motorcycle, sending a message to his mentor on the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick, do you know anything about a wiz gang that frequents a place called the Night Owl? We've been asked to find a girl who went off with them. Incidentally...assuming this doesn't end in a firefight with appalling casualties and I can convince them, would you consider taking on any of the gangers as students?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Leonora gives a brief nod, already turning away towards her car. "One of my contacts tells me that some 'serious ****' happened at the Night Owl recently." Her lips curl up in something that's either amusement or exasperation, and you get the feeling the 'contact' isn't very old. "Used to be Ancients turf, but no longer. And he doesn't know who is there now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    If Marco's message is unreadable I can translate it to real English if you want. I had fun writing that and pretending I was 16.
    No, it was perfectly readable... Well, not perfectly but other than making me want to claw my eyes out with a rusty spoon, I got it.

Oh... also, Ayelen is a woman

19. - Top - End - #49

WolfInSheepsClothing

Mordred

On your way to Drake's apartment you get a reply from Nick
    <The Night Owl you say? I know that used to be Ancients territory but they got kicked out recently. Not sure who it was but I hear they had some serious mojo with them. Not surprised to here its a bunch of wiz-kids. That is how those gangs usually operate--make a big initial splash and then disintegrate a couple years later due to infighting. Be careful. As far as taking new students, if you find anyone good let me know, those guys often have picked up all sorts of bad habits, but they can also be really good. Good luck.>
    --Will S.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"serious ****" is often good for my wallet. Lukas observes, following Leonora to the car.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

"It's also usually bad for your health." Leonora mutters, as she slides into the drivers seat. Her tone is light-hearted, but there is an undercurrent of worry in it, and the look she directs at Lukas is anything but amused.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Alex nods, dropping his board to his feet. He kicks off, turning back to Jack, he says, "If you can keep up, it's. not too far from here!". He smirks, headed home.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

better my health than yours, madam coughs a bunch. Lukas replies, buckling himself in.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

"At least I'm not constantly getting shot." Leonora retorts, turning the key in the ignition. "Stabbed." She spins the wheel one-handed, looking over her shoulder to check for traffic. "Drugged" The last one has more bite to it than the others, and her knuckles clench white briefly on the wheel as she heads towards home.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

yea.... well...... there is that. Lukas responds in a somber voice, staring out the window at the masses of meta-humanity as they drive down the streets.

26. - Top - End - #56

WolfInSheepsClothing

After a quick stop at your respective houses, you get to your destinations.

Samantha Drake's Apartment
    Spoiler
    Show

You pull up to Samantha's building. It is a drab building in a long row of drab apartment blocks. The apartments circle a small trash filled courtyard with a set of stairs leading to the second story. Samantha's unit is on the second floor, but the stairs are "guarded" by a drunk, who is passed out his body sprawled across the lower part of the staircase.

The Night Owl
    Spoiler
    Show

At first you drive by the Night Owl without noticing it. It is in a very nondescript builing and the sign is so faded that you hardly noticed it at first. Going inside, the place is deserted except for an orkish couple sitting in the corner and the bartender. As you enter he slowly stands up at looks at you with a look that show his disgust of customers. "Alright, come inside. Whadda ya want?"
    --Will S.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hmm... Mordred might have simply stepped over the drunk and slowly made his way to the second floor. Considering how little they new about this job, however, it didn't hurt to be a little wary. The adept's eyes take on a red tinge as he switches to astral perception.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I roll for Assensing, as well? Anyway, what do I see?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Samantha's Apartment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leonora eyes the drunk sprawled on the stairs warily and moves to the side to avoid him. "Straight up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to mention... I had intended it to be the Leonora takes her summoning focus everywhere she goes, as a just-in-case backup measure. Is that all right? I keep forgetting this isn't D&D and I can't just assume that I'm carrying everything I own in a magic bag on my back.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Samantha's Apartment
    Spoiler
    Show

"might as well, though after we check the place we might wanna pester the neighbors a bit, see if they know anything."

looking pointedly at the drunk at his feet Lukas continues "we could also question the local wildlife"

Moreta
    Spoiler
    Show
    it looks for all the world like Lukas is giving some slightly serious thought to kicking the drunk awake.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Apartment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leonora glared at her brother, then calmly moved so she was between him and the sleeping drunk. "Don't even think about it." She said flatly. "At least... not until we see what we get from everyone currently conscious."