New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maera's]

Maera is perfectly happy to get Eo... Food and consumable liquids of some variety.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Hooray! Nondescript food!
    The synth-lady eats quietly and quickly, putting away a good amount of food rather sooner than one might expect.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi's gaze wanders down over Misha, almost automatically. That durned attraction aura makes it hard to resist. Misha's still mostly tight, though. When the pixie lands and sits down, her eyes have moved back over to Riss.

Her brow furrows a little at the reminder of how comfortable Riss is with Misha as opposed to her. But she discards that thought almost as suddenly as it appeared. "You think so?" She asks, not being able to help but look hopeful. "I can't wait. It's gonna be a great day, I know it." She says, a bit distractedly now.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maera's]
    Hooray! Nondescript food!
    The synth-lady eats quietly and quickly, putting away a good amount of food rather sooner than one might expect.
    Injuries and pregnancy do tend to make one rather hungry, so Maera doesn't seem terribly surprised by how fast Eo eats, though she goes somewhat slower with her own meal.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She sits back, satisfied and grateful, and smiles at her benefactor.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera sits back as well, returning Eo's smile; after a moment, the clock replacing her eye starts to spin, and, a short later, a small keyboard attached to a metal box with a glass top, appears on the table between them.

"There. You should be able to type into that and have it project whatever you write. Not a replacement voicebox, of course, but... It's something while I try to figure out how to fix you up, at least."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She nods and types!
    THANK YOU
    QUESTION: WHERE IS THIS RESIDENCE LOCATED IN GEOGRAPHIC TERMS AND IN RELATION TO OTHER NOTABLE LANDMARKS OR LOCATIONS
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi's gaze wanders down over Misha, almost automatically. That durned attraction aura makes it hard to resist. Misha's still mostly tight, though. When the pixie lands and sits down, her eyes have moved back over to Riss.

Her brow furrows a little at the reminder of how comfortable Riss is with Misha as opposed to her. But she discards that thought almost as suddenly as it appeared. "You think so?" She asks, not being able to help but look hopeful. "I can't wait. It's gonna be a great day, I know it." She says, a bit distractedly now.
    Riss' Quarters

"Well, I had a bit of help, but then, I'm supposed to be your bit of help this time around, right? It may not happen in a day, but Riss is really trying to get used to being around you. Heck, she couldn't even talk to me very well until some weird things happened. Over all, she's getting better with everyone, but I think a day with you is what she needs to finally get accustomed to you, and stop getting all skincrawly." Mimi should know what Misha means by that. It's pretty obvious how Riss reacts when she's touching anyone but the nereid, and not difficult to pick out visually. Skincrawly describes it aptly.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"I really hope so. I definitely noticed she's getting better. Before we know it she'll be good with everyone." Mimi nods. Hopefully the touchy feely stuff will be reserved to her. >.> Well, Misha too, she supposes. "There's been so many times when I just wanted to hug her, or something like that." Or kiss her, or squeeze her, or feel her. Those are partially unrelated to the hugging however.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

Squirming awkwardly in her seat, Michicora realizes it's probably time to put on some clothes. It wasn't like she was awkward naked, but she didn't want to be nude when Trisha wasn't. She was not even sure where she had left her tunic though, or her binding for that matter.

"Well... I was born in a tribe in north Golotia..." She starts while attempting to reach for her binding. She honestly wasn't sure what to tell Trisha, she could never have imagined anyone to hear her talk about her life. "My err... mother was from another tribe but I never met her. She died when I was born."
    Trisha's Cabin

Trisha helps Michicora get the binding on as they talk, giving a soft hug or kiss of comfort when Michicora talks about a seemingly bad part of her life. Eventually, she dishes out the food and sits across the small table from the Huntress, telling about her own life as well. It takes several hours, but Trisha doesn't seem to notice at all.

When she gets up to refill her stein however, she notices a bit of frost clinging to the wooden cup as the fireplace suddenly dies off to small black flames. Michicora will see a shadow of a flame flicker across the floor to meet up with Trisha's shadow, causing her eyes to glaze over for a moment as Hate "speaks" to her.

In her mind, Trisha see images in her mind. People and places far away from her lands. Images of four different war banners clashing together and trying to tear each other asunder. The sounds of rifles crack through her mind as steel rings upon steel and the screams of the dying fill the air. Out of the din, one banner, that of a blue lion on a red and black field, makes itself embedded in her mind as the one that she would have to Serve.

Lastly, she finds herself feeling three other strong emotions as they flit through her mind. The bloodlust of War, righteousness of Justice, and finally, the calm of Purity each overwhelm her mind for a moment, telling her which of her fellow Champions she'd be fighting against. An pang of regret hits her heart as she realizes that a few of them might be her "friends" and that the chance of having to kill one was rather high.

It all takes a brief moment, but when it's over, the stein falls and clatters to the floor as Trisha brings her hands up to her face to try and hide her sobs when she falls to her knees. "Not now..."

11. - Top - End - #221

Riss' Quarters

"It'll come. I'm just glad you're being patient. We don't need another me around here." The nereid sticks out her tongue, well aware how juvenile and silly she was when she first took an interest in Riss. She pushed it way too hard because of her baser instincts, and looking back on it, probably did some harm by doing so. It was just plain foolish of her.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi laughs. "It's kinda weird that I'm being patient when I think about it." She's never been one to wait for things when she can at least try and reach out and grab them. "I guess you helped out with that."

13. - Top - End - #223

Riss' Quarters

Misha shrugs, "You've done a lot to show you care for Riss, I couldn't just ignore that. I don't want you to mess it all up like I nearly did. Several times over, actually." The worst time being when she thought Riss would accept her cleaning her all over after they'd only barely met. It almost made the muse catatonic, and she was still beating herself up over that in her head.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She nods and types!
    THANK YOU
    QUESTION: WHERE IS THIS RESIDENCE LOCATED IN GEOGRAPHIC TERMS AND IN RELATION TO OTHER NOTABLE LANDMARKS OR LOCATIONS

"You're welcome. This place is about halfway between Inside and Riverside, and ten miles south of the Lake of Dreams, though I'm not sure what you mean by 'in geographic terms'. Do you want me to give you coordinates or something?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    COORDINATES ARE NOT NEEDED BUT THANK YOU
    COORDINATES ARE NOT YET NEEDED IN A WHOLLY UNFAMILIAR ENVIRONMENT
    PLEASE DESCRIBE "INSIDE", "RIVERSIDE", AND "LAKE OF DREAMS"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Really? But she always seems so happy around you." Mimi tries not to sound a little bitter about that, with moderate success. "What happened then?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    COORDINATES ARE NOT NEEDED BUT THANK YOU
    COORDINATES ARE NOT YET NEEDED IN A WHOLLY UNFAMILIAR ENVIRONMENT
    PLEASE DESCRIBE "INSIDE", "RIVERSIDE", AND "LAKE OF DREAMS"

[Maera's]

"Inside is the city I got you out of. You were in the Red Zone, which is the worst district of it, and on the outskirts.

Riverside is another city, considerably smaller. It has three parts, Northside, Eastside, and Westside. Northside is mostly rich families, a lot of organized crime. Eastside is poorer, with not too much in the way of government. Westside is run group of vampires, and has some sort of magical thing keeping it permanently night there.

The Lake of Dreams... That one's kind of hard. It'll probably be easiest just to show you."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera]
    THANK YOU FROM EXTRACTING ME FROM THE RISKS INHERENT WITHIN A RUN-DOWN URBAN SETTING
    I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN OBSERVING THIS LAKE OF DREAMS WHEN THE TIME IS CONVENIENT
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"You're welcome. And we can head out there whenever you want to. It's not like I've got a lot of other stuff to do."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    I WOULD LIKE TO GO THERE SOON IF THAT IS POSSIBLE
    She nods.
    ((Playing around with a synthesizer app! WHEE IM A DUBSTEPZ))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera shrugs.

"We can leave now, if you want to."

((I used to have one of those, but it got messed up in a move... What app would this be?))

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

((Caustic 2, free version.))
    ---
    [Maera]
    She nods and stands, smiling!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera]

And, presumably, they head back to the hoverbike, and from there to the Lake of Dreams.

((Feel free to post first in Outside, since I have to go for twenty minutes or so.))

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

"Really? But she always seems so happy around you." Mimi tries not to sound a little bitter about that, with moderate success. "What happened then?"
    Riss' Quarters

"I tried to get in contact with her before she was ready, and nearly ran off before she could ask me to stick around when she pushed me away. It was probably the worst thing I could have done, but I... there were reasons I was so impatient. Bad reasons, but still reasons." That's all she's going to say on that, whether or not the pixie asks more questions in that vein.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"M'kay." Mimi lies down on her stomach and puts her chin in her hands. "So did you give her that necklace?" She, of course, noticed since it was hanging off Riss' neck. And she's not quite sure what to think of it.

26. - Top - End - #236

Riss' Quarters

Misha nods, seeming kind of bashful all of a sudden, "Someone gave it to me a long time ago, to thank me for something. It meant a lot to me then, and I wanted to show Riss that she meant more to me than that. I still cherish the memory, I just wanted to share it with someone, rather than leave it at the bottom of a pond."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"That... really nice." Mimi admits. She pouts a little. Well her necklace was good too, right? If she had something special like that she probably would've given it to Riss.

28. - Top - End - #238

Riss' Quarters

"It doesn't really match up though. I mean, you nearly killed yourself to find the perfect thing to give her. I just had to pick out one thing that I thought she might like from the trinkets I've collected over the years." Misha continues, unaware of Mimi's distress.

"Hey, do you think you could do something for me?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Well, that makes her feel a little better. She did work really hard for that gift! Sure it wasn't the same kinda thing as Misha's gift, but Riss still liked it.

"Whatcha need?" She asks curiously.

30. - Top - End - #240

Riss' Quarters

"Well, I can turn into something your size now, right? I was wondering if you'd show me how to fly like you. I don't know the first thing about how wings work, or anything like that." It seems like a neat diversion while Riss is asleep. Swimming is clearly the better mode of travel, but flying could be fun.