New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, I'm tired." Mimi can't even pixie dust her wings back to normal, though. Walking is such a pain. She gradually starts pulling herself to her feet when she gets water dumped on her. "Ack! Hey! Stoppit!" Durned nereid.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riss' Quarters

"It's just until I'm back to normal size little pixie, you can suck it up until then. Besides, after all that wrestling, you stink." She jokes, swelling in size and stature under the water's spray until she reaches her normal height. She lets it run for a few seconds more before turning it off.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Pfft, I don't stink." Mimi denies, despite it being true. After the water is off, Mimi wipes her eyes and wrings her hair out. "Can you give me a lift back over there? I hate walking."

4. - Top - End - #574

Riss' Quarters

"I would to, if I could fly all the time and everything was a whole lot bigger for me than everyone else." Misha agrees, and tries to scoop Mimi up and carry her over to the cushions to lay down and wait for Riss. She'll lay out some towels over them, so they don't get too damp.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi sprawls out on her stomach and prepares to go to sleep. "Don't forget to wake me up when Riss gets here." She wants to be awake if Riss needs anything.

6. - Top - End - #576

Riss' Quarters

"Sure thing." And now for a while of waiting, worrying, and boredom.

7. - Top - End - #577

[Riss' Quarters]

Stopping outside her door, Riss took a moment to try and wring out some of the water in her tail. Rather than enter, though, she rested her head against the door and sighed. Why did I do that? There was no reason for any of that and now I've got a burnt out ruin of a machine in my laboratory. Right let's try this... Curling her tail up behind her with some minor concentration, the muse ran a hand through her hair and bumped her fingers against the antlers protruding from her head. No hiding those... Oh well. At the very least, the ghostly flames had long since faded as had the strange electrical discharges.

With a deep breath, Riss pushed the door open to present what might be a rather amusing scene. At least, a person who was drearily wet yet with quite a mass of hair still adamantly sticking out behind her in it's rigid imitation of a lightning bolt made for an interesting contradiction. Yet, the moment her eyes landed on Misha, she felt surprisingly warm even with the artificially cooled air circulating about. Blinking as if suddenly staring into a bright light, she turned her head just slightly as she greeted the nereid. "Ah.. Hello Misha." she said with a certain harmonious tone that might be well recognized.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-17 at 04:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578

Riss' Quarters

Honestly, Misha would like to say she's surprised, but the more she thought about it while they were out, the more she expected something like this to happen. Even in her admittedly short span of time after waking up, she's seen that the Nexus just heaps oddness onto people the more time they spend out in it. Freddie got fox'd, Riss got apple'd, and now most recently, this'd.

"Must have been a rough night out. Mimi said you were pretty bummed by the end of it. How are you feeling now?" She asks softly, her tone understanding. Her eyes flick up to the horns for a moment to let Riss know that isn't normal for her either, but right now Riss' mentality is more important than bodily changes.

9. - Top - End - #579

[Riss' Quarters]

Without turning around, the muse shut the door and leaned rather heavily upon it, folding her hands behind her back as she did so. Or at least she did at first before raising one to lightly run along a rather polished antler. Okay.. She isn't saying anything.. Why isn't she saying anything about these? Is she going to be working around to that or..? Did Mimi tell her already? But wouldn't she mention that if it was the case? "Um.. It wasn't bad or anything I just.. It was fun but I.. I'm.." I'm having a really hard time concentrating right now for some reason. "I'm just a bit, well.. To answer your question, I-" Would probably give you a fifty-fifty chance of saying that either I have no idea how I feel or letting off with some really bad double entendre.. And I have no idea why that second part is so pressing in my mind right now. "..don't know." Okay. Good. Save the euphemisms for later.

"I think.. I think I should probably get out of these clothes first. Wet and all." the muse said with a somewhat forced smile as she made her way over to the other half of her room, keeping to where she was facing Misha and nibbling on her lip as she did so. If she wasn't stopped, then she would do exactly that although she would move slightly into the corner of the adjacent room so as to be unseen first.

10. - Top - End - #580

Riss' Quarters

Not just antlers then, by the way she's acting. Or maybe she has a hole in her pants or something, although I doubt she'd be so bashful about it to me if that were the case. Misha considers calmly. Oddly enough, her time alone has left her feeling more... rational, she supposes, than she's felt since waking up.

"So what's behind your back that you don't want to share? It's okay if it's a surprise or something." She still doesn't get up off the cushions, but her eyes track Riss across the room while one hand moves close to where Mimi is laying asleep. Maybe she won't wake her just yet.

11. - Top - End - #581

[Riss' Quarters]

..Yeah I was being terribly obvious, wasn't I? Though she didn't answer immediately, Riss did take the time to do exactly as she had said, maybe taking a few extra moments to dry herself off before walking back into the room. ...I think I do see why they like walking around like this all the time though. At least in my own room I don't have to worry about much. Still, she kept her tail hidden but it was quite a bit easier now that she was walking towards the nereid rather than around her. "I.. Might" she said in a tone that wasn't sure if it wanted to be simple or coy. ...I might also want your help to move this lounge you made for yourself here in a bit... And why is it now that my head is so full of this? I mean, yes, I'd say it's only natural just looking at her but at the same time I haven't exactly had the natural 'lead up' to it either.. I just want... I don't know what.

With an odd sort of sigh, Riss knelt down at Misha's side, leaning forward so that her face was quite close to the nereid's. There was a familiar glint in her eye but it seemed clouded at the moment. Then again, that might be expected from just how confused the muse was feeling at the moment. "To tell the truth.. I.. Well, I had fun today but it's just.. Well... Misha, could I tell you a story of sorts?" Riss asked, managing to keep a serious tone for now as she gazed into Misha's eyes.

12. - Top - End - #582

Riss' Quarters

Misha pauses, and then moves her hovering hand from its place over Mimi to try to cup Riss' own, a thumb tracing a slow line back and forth across her wrist if the muse allows it.

"Of course you can. Do you want me to wake Mimi up first, or is this private?" Best to leave that decision to Riss, as the nereid would be inclined to be selfish if it was left up to her. She's feeling rather needy at the moment, with all the secrecy and being left out of the loop, and would probably spite the pixie just for not telling her about the horns and such on her own.

Although, she might have if that whole cleavage thing hadn't happened, and she hadn't been so tired. Still, Misha wasn't in the mood to blame her problems on herself.

13. - Top - End - #583

[Riss' Quarters]

"No.. She doesn't need to hear it again." Riss murmured. "I guess it'll be a bit more coherent this time, though." she said. "Well.. It has to do a bit with where I came from..." the muse began before launching into a tale quite similar to the one she had rambled on to Mimi earlier. The only major differences being that it was much more composed and equally less frantic although the tones of anxiety were still just as strong.

As Riss spoke, she slowly moved from beside Misha to in front of her before gently trying to crawl forwards and finally rest her head on the nereid's chest to listen to her heartbeat. Given the positioning of her new antlers, they wouldn't be much of a bother unless either of them shifted quite a bit although her tail might find it's way curled around Misha's leg after a while. Either way, she wasn't going to be hiding her changes any longer now.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-17 at 09:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

After a rather long-seeming day working, Maeve finally returns home.

Home being, in this case, a two-story house in the Red Zone, a small, nigh-ruinous, Victorian-seeming structure that she shared with a catperson and rather a lot of of ghosts.

Given the way the front door - like most of the doors, at least those that worked- creaks, it's quite likely that said catperson knows she's back.

((Do you know what Maeve looks like?))

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    ((Nope!))
    Limping footsteps and rasping breaths precede Khair as she plods down the hallway to see her friend.
    Khair stares at Maeve with her leaky eyes, wearing a faded red hoodie and her ever-present respirator mask.
    Hi Maeve.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586

Riss' Quarters

Misha is not entirely silent, but doesn't make any recognizable words for a long time both during the retelling of the story and the silence afterwards. So this was the missing piece to the stories of her previous occupation, and the reason she came to be so... fractured and unwhole when Misha first met her. The horrors that were inflicted on her by those who considered themselves her superiors didn't even compare to the incidental despair she'd been subjected to by her environment.

Not that Misha thinks about it in such a complex way. No, instead she just weeps for the hardships great and small that will never be made right, but might be lessened through time and comfort. She cries silent tears without a sob, whimper, or sniffle, knowing that her own sadness could distress Riss further. The tail doesn't even register, she just makes a tiny note that it's there, a part of Riss now, and unimportant compared to putting her arms around the muse's shoulders and making sure she doesn't leave.

Eventually, she responds with the only thing she can think of, latching on to those last few, desperate sentences and pulling together a response to that, even if the rest of the story overwhelmed her.

"Everything is different Riss, but that only means that it's better. It's overwhelming after being treated for so long like you're worth nothing, and there are so many new things to learn each second, you may not ever know them all, but... there's one thing I can tell you that I hope will remove some confusion. It's about what we represent. Both Mimi and I love you enough to give up a chance at exclusivity with you, because we know that you deserve our love, and any other happiness you can find. You're owed it, to wash away the darkness that came before us. That, at least, couldn't be faked by your brain. There's too much here, as a part of me, that your brain would have had no way of coming up with on its own in some hallucination. Explanations of magic you'd never encountered, and whole new races of people you never thought possible. You're here, alive, and I want to make sure that you start living again and never fall back into the trap that you nearly let yourself die to. I... don't want you to leave me." She admits at the end. She has no idea how probable it could be, but she has a sudden, cloying fear that if given the chance, Riss might just... push off, and she'll never see her again.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

((She's a reasonably pretty girl with short black hair, which is reasonably well-kept, albeit somewhat ragged, since she can't afford to pay someone to cut it. She also has quite a few brands, the most notable being a one on each of her palms

Normally she wears clothes that, while formerly respectable, are starting to show their age; velvet gloves that, while resewn rather well, can be told by careful examination to have been repaired many times, dresses (on more formal occasions), shirts, and pants, that are immaculately cared for but becoming threadbare, and boots or other shoes that were once rather nice but are now fairly scuffed and beat up, despite having been cleaned and repaired to the best of her not-inconsiderable ability.

She does have some new clothes, which are probably more like Khair's seem to be, though she doesn't wear them that often except when she's in the house.

At present, however, she's wearing a very new dress, which is the uniform for The Sitar's Strings, the restaurant she just got a job at, though she's been somewhat reluctant to tell Khair where she's working.

Also, would Khair be in pain at the moment?))

Maeve smiles softly at her friend, going to hug her gently.

"Hey, Khair. How are you doing?"

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    ((She's basically always aching at the very least; she'd probably develop a drinking problem if they could afford it, which they probably can't.
    She probably helps cut Maeve's hair when it gets too long, though it's little better than Maeve doing it herself.
    Khair has also killed and eaten a person at least once in the past.))
    She hugs back.
    I found some rats earlier.
    Makes me almost miss cannibalism.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589

[Riss' Quarters]

Raising a hand to gently wipe away Misha's tears, Riss pushed herself up ever so slightly to try and place a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Please. Don't do that. It's past now." she said in an almost serene tone. It felt.. Not exactly nice but refreshing to share her story with Misha. Though it had never come up, the muse suspected this was what it felt like to have venom taken out of a wound. "And.. Well, I couldn't ever make any of this up if I tried. I'm certain of that now. I'm just.. I guess you're right. I'm completely overwhelmed and because of that, I'm.. I guess you could say I'm feeling out of place. That I would rather be back there where I felt like I had control but.. No. I mean.. Would I ever be able to lay here with you again? You and Mimi are the only people I can touch and.. Well, even then, you're the only one I feel comfortable enough to do any of this with. Well, the laying here bit as.. Well.. I'm not entirely certain what I feel towards Mimi even though it sounds like you both are apparently willing to 'share.' Still, I don't think I'd be able to find anyone like you even if I, for some arcane and stupid reason, did leave." she said, injecting a note of what might almost be amusement.

"But.. Misha?" Riss asked, turning clear golden eyes towards Misha's own. "Could you.. Could you tell me again that.. That you.. Um.. Well.." Though already perhaps a bit warmer than usual, Riss quite obviously flushed as she tried and failed to spit out a question. But it should be rather obvious as to what she was asking for.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

The brand on Maeve's left palm starts to pulse a violent, bloody, red as she tries to absorb Khair's pain using it.

"Almost, yeah... Meals are included where I'm working now, though, so I brought back some real food for you; I stuck it in the stash until I could be sure no-one had broken in or anything."

((The stash is a small section under the floor of the porch where several candles are kept; when burning and ordered to by Maeve, the flames lash out to burn anyone (or any animals) that try to get into it.))

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She closes her eyes and lets out a low, stuttering purr like a faulty engine.
    You're an angel, you know that?
    Where are you working again?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592

Riss' Quarters

Misha's relief is palpable, and she replies without hesitation, "I love you Riss. It took an entire day of thinking to myself to admit that, and burn it into my memory so that no sleep could wash it away. I love you, and all the love I can give you will be less than you deserve, but I will never stop trying." Not even bothering to go for a kiss that in some ways, still felt like a gesture of hostility to her, Misha just knots her arms around Riss' shoulders and pulls tightly, somehow feeling that if she squeezes enough she'll confirm that Riss will never go through their skin contact.

"To keep the peace, I told Mimi I wouldn't interfere if you decided you wanted her as well. Afterwards... she fought a monster just to bring you something shiny to wear, and I decided that she understood just how much you deserved someone to care for you. So I decided to help her out a little, so she didn't go too quickly and screw things up like I nearly did." She admits softly, her breath flowing through Riss' long, perfect hair.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    She closes her eyes and lets out a low, stuttering purr like a faulty engine.
    You're an angel, you know that?
    Where are you working again?
    [Maeve's]

Maeve winces slightly as the pain is transferred to her, a cost she's kept from Khair if possible, though her smile remains. Or at least, it remains until Khair asks her where she's working. She'd hoped not to have to tell her friend that...

"...The Sitar's Strings. They were the only place that was hiring and would take me, and we need the money, and the food..."

She seems rather dejected and apologetic, which actually isn't all that odd, considering Khair is a catperson and the place Maeve is working is run by human supremacists.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Oh...
    It's fine.
    We've got a roof over our heads and food.
    That's what matters...

It would be so easy to get mad.
    It would be so easy to walk out.
    It would be so easy to just kill her now and eat her.
    It would be easy and then nothing would be okay and she wouldn't have anyone any more.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-08-17 at 11:37 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595

[Riss' Quarters]

Nuzzling Misha lightly, Riss hummed a harmonious note as she heard Misha speak again. She was unsure if she would ever tire of hearing that. The meaning might undergo some subtle changes over time but not the intent behind it. While there were perhaps a few things she could think of that she would enjoy more than being held so tightly, they weren't coming to mind. "I suppose it was pretty risky for you to be so quick, yeah.." she said, thinking back. "But an 'almost' means 'not quite' after all. And you wound up becoming my.. Well.. I guess I could call you a lot of things. Friend. Consort. Paramour. Lover.. And.. Well, so many other things too. Support. Brace. Reinforcement..." the muse said, tripping only slightly over one particular word. 'Love' had hardly been in her vocabulary until now and the feel of saying it was strange. But it was a good kind of strange. A sort of strange she wouldn't mind getting used to.

"I think, if you hadn't done that.. Well, I might not be as well off today." Shifting a bit so that she might be better able to return the embrace that Misha had around her, the muse continued with a small confession. "To be honest.. I feel like you and Mimi already give so much and I.. Well.. It feels like I'm not able to return all of that. I mean.. Part of that is because everything comes in trade... Or it did, at least, but I don't want you to go either because of me not able to reciprocate or anything like that. I know it's silly because it's not like there is a currency or whatever to measure against but.. Well, now you know."
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-17 at 11:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596

Riss' Quarters

"You can worry about being here, and I'll manage to wring what I need out of you, don't worry. Did you really think I would be worried about this, compared to the story you just told me?" Misha's hand slides down to the base of Riss' spine and lightly strokes at the furry new appendage. Then just to prove a point, she incorporates the saliva from Riss' kiss and a tail of her very own sprouts from above her tailbone while she shifts to accommodate it. The fur looks deep-blue until ruffled, when it reveals its blonde roots.

"I'm practically the most comfortable person with changing your body there could ever be. Just before you got here, I wrestled Mimi at her size just because I was bored. Whatever your container looks like, you're still Riss in there, and I'm always going to recognize that." After a moment, Misha realizes there was something else in that saliva, and she gets a sly smile the spreads far too wide as she leans up to kiss Riss full on the lips, trying to dart her tongue past the muse's teeth.

A tongue that now tastes remarkably like feyapple wine.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    Oh...
    It's fine.
    We've got a roof over our heads and food.
    That's what matters...

[Maeve's]

"I know, it's just... I hate doing it, even if I have to. I wish I could have found a job somewhere I could actually support where I'm working, and take you there when we wanted to go out to eat somewhere, now that we might actually have the money to, not somewhere that would like to see you dumped out in the street again."

She still seems rather miserable about it, despite Khair's reaction.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She sighs and pulls down her mask to reveal her black tongue and too-white teeth, smiling wryly.
    I've had worse.
    Knowing you work with a bunch of psychopaths won't kill me if the plague couldn't.

She replaces her mask and leans on her cane more heavily.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599

[Riss' Quarters]

There would be no resistance from the muse what so ever. In fact, it would be just the opposite as Riss did all she could to pull Misha in close so she could hold on as long as possible. Still even with this starting to sweetly cloud her mind the muse was still able to remember that Mimi was, in fact, right there after all. Once the two of them managed to gain a moment of separation, no easy feat for the muse, Riss used the opportunity to say: "I know I've got maybe a little stress we both need to work off but... Maybe we had better let her sleep for now? What do you say we move all these over to where we won't bother her?" she said, nodding first at the pillows and then at her bedroom.

Hopefully the two of them would be able to take the few minutes necessary to move all but one cushion over although Riss would be spending part of that time in practice with her own tail. Nothing more than light touches or gentle brushes across her nereid's skin but that was all she was aiming for in the first place anyway. All of this assuming that Misha felt inclined to agree with the muse, of course. But before sealing the space between rooms, Riss would take the time to place a flower next to Mimi. It was beginning to become a sort of symbol but the muse wanted to make sure that, even if she would disappear off at times, that the pixie would know she held a special place.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve nods, still seeming a bit downcast, though less so now than a moment ago.

"I should probably go get the food before it gets cold, then..."

Assuming nothing prevent her, she'll do just that, bringing two bags full of containers containing fairly good-smelling food back in a few moments later.

((And deadtime for a while or so now.))
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-18 at 12:05 AM.