New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

Riss' Quarters

Misha is silent for a moment, squirming in her seat involuntarily when Riss tries out the tail maneuver, but she appeared to pay close attention to the story as it was being told.

"It sounds like a minotaur. It's what happens when a bull and a woman... well, usually it involves magic of some sort, as I'm pretty sure that's not how babies work. They're supposed to be good guards, I think." And... that's all she can remember, but for some reason she's under the impression that she should know a whole lot more than that. Probably lost to time...

"She must have been extremely brave." Misha doesn't fear any minotaur, or anything else that relies on brute strength, but for a tiny pixie? She can't imagine going up against something the size of a colossus compared to your own stature and finding it in you to win.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Kayla's Apartment

"Not nearly as pathetic as getting sloppy drunk a month after loosing your almost wife."

She frowns a bit.

"Sorry, that was harsh. Come on, I think you are done bleeding which means you can sit on my couch."

She starts to head over to her living room.
    Geez. Pardon me if I'm a little weak in the stomach.

He gets up and makes his way slowly to the couch, collapsing on it.

Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, Charlotte. Pretty name, huh? And she was totally brave and amazing. There's never ever been a fighter as great as her since." Mimi babbles quickly. Even though she was the one telling the story, it's as inspiring as ever.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

"Unstable is she in her present form. It is not the norm! I'm afraid she'll gain another's scorn."

"So should you choose to let her be? Permit these changes that you see? Or would you rather she were bland. A grain of rock buried beneath the sand?"

"And should you choose to navigate her path? To steer her right or wrong, redirecting her wrath?"

"And will you tell her of our love? I'd pray you not. 'Twill not make her a dove."

"But I pray you will her mentor free."

"For thou art more wise than she. And someday she'll be bound to you eternally. On one knee... Before thee..."

"She loves you. Do you love her for who she is?"

"I will allow the changes, so long as she wishes them and they do not harm her,"
    Trium answers quietly, unconsciously stroking one of the sections of herself that she's had replaced with nanobots. "And who is her mentor? You? It seems strange to call you such, when she doesn't know you. Myself? Then why should I need to be freed? I know of no bindings on myself, save the ties to my other selves, and the love that attaches me to Spec, neither of which I will give up willingly.

And yes, I love her for who she is, so far as I can know her."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Pixie in the Playground

"There is another. One who you have not met yet. It takes two to tango. Two spirits set ablaze for each other to birth an altogether new flame. Her father is...reluctant to join me here. If you ever on your travels you should run across him, would you liberate him from his flesh that I might be with him once more? He's held her hand all her life, but...I long for his warmth."

"You needn't make up your mind here on the spot like this. I would not hound you so. How rude of me! Thinking of myself at a time such as this! 'Tis not befitting of a good host!"

"But she awakens. You should go to her."

The voice melodically urges. And indeed! Spec waketh, bleary eyes not yet opening. Eyelids not yet parting. But she tosses and turns as one distressed!

-------
    [Fortress Mountain]

Aw! Now Day's just being a poor sport! Pouting like that! What a child!

"If you never age, Day, everything gets boring eventually. That's why sane immortals are so hard to come by these days. It's enough to drive some to push the limits of madness! You might try it out sometime when you have nothing better to do."

Clarissa shrugs. Sometimes she's a foxy trickster at heart herself! And a malevolent vixen at that! She's never thought of herself as insufferable! She's just...just unique! And certifiable insane!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayla's Apartment

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Geez. Pardon me if I'm a little weak in the stomach.

He gets up and makes his way slowly to the couch, collapsing on it.

Thanks.
    "No problem. So do you want to talk about it?

She doesn't want him to get any ideas, and figures talking about an ex is a good mood killer.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium nods, hastily retreating back through the doorway, concern for Spec overruling courtesy, though she does bow quickly to the odd fae on her way out.

Assuming she manages to return without trouble, she'll go to pull her lover into her lap, careful to keep the anti-magic fluid as far away from her body as possible while still holding the assassin, and then try to wake her more fully.

8. - Top - End - #818

Fortress Mountain

Well, he is a kid. A kid with an army at his beck and call, the power over life and death itself at his fingertips. You'd have to be a saint to not be a little spoiled by that and Day, Day's no saint at all. If anything he's got the least empathy of any in this screwed-up family. Which is saying something.

"Fine I'll try it sometime. But I still don't get why you would mess with your friends like that." Day says, throwing his arms up dramatically despairing discomprehension of this whole silly 'pranking' business, in the process hurling the now empty soda-pop can into the dark corners of the room. "So, whatcha wanna do till the boss gets back?" He asks, collapsing back into his favorite chair.

And Clarissa is totally insufferable. In a good way.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"I'm sure the Lightbringer finds your closet pleasantly dark," Eileen snarks, shaking her head in bemusement as she starts sorting out her things. Selecting to keep the most practical, modest, and comfortable things she can possibly find.

In a very slow, CAFFINATION NEEDED NOW fashion.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

The smell of caffeination is percolating! "How do you take your coffee?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

"So black it makes the Tar Creature of Vagra II look like a vampire," Eileen promptly answers. "If it's not making smoke rise from my mouth as it dissolves my esophagus, it's not strong enough."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Traceys

"Gotcha," Tracey says. After pouring her own cup, she takes out the filter cup and pours another cup's worth of coffee through the used grounds again. Then a third time to be sure. "Here. Take your disgusting sludge."

She drinks her own black as well, but not that black.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

Eileen accepts the offered cuppa.

Sips.

"...woah, that's better. Much better. I actually feel consious now. Thanks."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"I don't usually do breakfast unless I'm on duty. You're welcome to rummage the cupboards, or there's the mess halls. Need a hand with the clothes?"

What? Is Tracey being helpful instead of bitchy?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #825
    Pixie in the Playground

Spec is pulled into Trium's lap, then!

She takes a moment to regain a shred of consciousness. Her eyelids part and she blinks, once, twice, and again. She stretches, her UGWD-burdened arm giving Trium a wide berth while her other soft hand makes a beeline for one of Trium's hands.

Her lips part to address Trium, her voice but a whisper and her body and mind still groggy.

"Good morning, Trium. I was starting to wonder where you'd gone off to."

She yawns contentedly. She's not about to realize that it isn't morning anytime soon.

-------
    [Fortress Mountain]

Ah, empathy is overrated anyway! Empathy is for people who won't be the heir of a nation! A nation for all intents and purposes, at any rate.

"Hmm... You wouldn't happen to have a tv lying around, would you? Or maybe high speed internet? If you do, I've got another gift for you and if you don't I've got even more gifts for you!"

Just call her Santa! Santa sans elves. Elves would just clutter up the place and not do anything of any importance.

Clarissa reaches into her pocket dimension jacket pocket and plucks out a video game console and two wireless controllers! It comes preloaded with all the latest and greatest vidjah games, so Day won't ever need to get up from his favorite chair ever again to change out the disks! It's also got a feature so that it can download the newest releases and charge them to an account under Clarissa's name! She's picking up the bill today!

"Unless you've got something else in mind, we could play video games on this here console! You might enjoy yourself!"

The slightly used and slightly stolen shipping truck packed with candy bars that Day bartered for might be materializing outside of the gates of the fortress right now if there's no dimension lock in place.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-08-23 at 06:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, it is." Riss agreed, letting the subject drop at that. Shouldn't get so surprised over something like that. I know I'm not the only one who has the name Clarissa' after all. "Well, if there hasn't been someone who comes close, I'd at least hazard to say with what little I know that you're probably the next best thing. At least, a match for in bravery, I'd say." Although I wouldn't say it isn't almost suicidal from time to time.

When the talk turned to that of minotaurs, Riss put forth a clarifying question as was usual with things such as animals or other creatures came up. "A bull is one of those large four-legged things with horns right? I mean.. Not like mine but more out to the side than up and back?" the muse said, rather surprised at herself for how quickly she felt ownership over the protrusions from her skull. Same with the tail, really... Odd but I'd say it's for the best as I'd rather not have anything trigger some kind of dysmorphic disorder. I've got more than enough to deal with already. Ceasing her teasing of Misha for the time being and simply making to curl her tail around the nereid's to form a dual-colored double helix, Riss pondered something that had been said which struck her as just a bit strange. "..So, wait, what do you mean 'you're pretty sure that's not how babies work?'" she asked. The muse was fairly certain she might have simply missed it but she couldn't remember the tone used being jocular in nature at the time.

17. - Top - End - #827

Riss' Quarters

"Yeah, it's a male cow, with the horns and muscles and stuff. As for babies..." Misha actually blushes momentarily, wondering how the heck they got on this topic, "Some races can mate together and form hybrids, and some can't. I have no idea what qualifies, but usually if you see a mix of something on four legs and something on two, magic was involved majorly. I don't even know if dragons need magic to make all those half-dragons that they do, but I kinda suspect so." The more she thinks about it though, the more interesting it sounds... even if it is kinda squicky. It's something that Riss doesn't know much about, so if Misha studied it, it'd help all three of them with the knowledge she could bring to the table.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #828

Kayla's Apartment

"No problem. So do you want to talk about it?

She doesn't want him to get any ideas, and figures talking about an ex is a good mood killer.
    He sighs.

Not a lot to talk about. Traveling to our honeymoon, and then she teelports accidentally to another planet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, it is." Riss agreed, letting the subject drop at that. Shouldn't get so surprised over something like that. I know I'm not the only one who has the name Clarissa' after all. "Well, if there hasn't been someone who comes close, I'd at least hazard to say with what little I know that you're probably the next best thing. At least, a match for in bravery, I'd say." Although I wouldn't say it isn't almost suicidal from time to time.

When the talk turned to that of minotaurs, Riss put forth a clarifying question as was usual with things such as animals or other creatures came up. "A bull is one of those large four-legged things with horns right? I mean.. Not like mine but more out to the side than up and back?" the muse said, rather surprised at herself for how quickly she felt ownership over the protrusions from her skull. Same with the tail, really... Odd but I'd say it's for the best as I'd rather not have anything trigger some kind of dysmorphic disorder. I've got more than enough to deal with already. Ceasing her teasing of Misha for the time being and simply making to curl her tail around the nereid's to form a dual-colored double helix, Riss pondered something that had been said which struck her as just a bit strange. "..So, wait, what do you mean 'you're pretty sure that's not how babies work?'" she asked. The muse was fairly certain she might have simply missed it but she couldn't remember the tone used being jocular in nature at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters

"Yeah, it's a male cow, with the horns and muscles and stuff. As for babies..." Misha actually blushes momentarily, wondering how the heck they got on this topic, "Some races can mate together and form hybrids, and some can't. I have no idea what qualifies, but usually if you see a mix of something on four legs and something on two, magic was involved majorly. I don't even know if dragons need magic to make all those half-dragons that they do, but I kinda suspect so." The more she thinks about it though, the more interesting it sounds... even if it is kinda squicky. It's something that Riss doesn't know much about, so if Misha studied it, it'd help all three of them with the knowledge she could bring to the table.
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi glows with pride. Literally, in fact. It'd be hard to receive higher praise from Riss, and boy does that feel good. And being compared to Charlotte of all people!

"Oh yeah. I remember a couple years ago one of my cousins was pregnant and we were pretty sure that the dad wasn't someone from the tribe. Months later and bam! Twin weird looking baby boys. They have eyes and ears like a deer or something and their wings have spots all over them, and I've never seen another pixie with wings like those. They're pretty dang cute, though. She won't say, but I think she shrunk down some kinda deer fey person."

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Kayla's Apartment]

"Oh. Well that just sounds like an accident. I mean it sucks and all, but it doesn't sound like she broke up with you. Can't she get teleported back, or you to her?

She walks into the kitchen to get herself some water, "Hey you want a glass of water?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #831

Kayla's

Sure.

I dunno... neither of us knows magic. Or powerful ones, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Kayla's Apartment]

Kayla gets them both a glass of water for each of them. She goes over and hands it to him before flopping down in another comfy couch.

"So it was just a freaky sort of accident. Man that has got to suck. Do you think there could be someone around who could use magic to send you to her. I heard there are a lot of people around that are really powerful."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"I don't usually do breakfast unless I'm on duty. You're welcome to rummage the cupboards, or there's the mess halls. Need a hand with the clothes?"

What? Is Tracey being helpful instead of bitchy?
    , indeed.

"Nah, I can handle it, but thanks."
    Eileen drinks more of the sludge that looks like it attains sentinence at any second; Tracey might note the blonde is still in the uniform she wore to sleep.

At least she knows prestidigitation.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

While Eileen is sorting her laundry, Tracey goes to her room and begins her beauty routine. Clothes, makeup, hair, nails - everything must be perfect.

She emerges about an hour later in another scandalously short dress and a different pair of high heels.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

Tracey, when she returns, will find Eileen sitting on the couch with everything neatly folded.

Almost too neatly. Obsessively so.

...and she eyes her new roommate critically.

"...do you own anything that has precisely one strand of fiber more than the absolute minimum necessary?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #836

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss couldn't say she would understand why the topic might be an uncomfortable one. Well, maybe if the topic turned more towards natural births it might be a bit gross but just talking about genetics was hardly off-putting. At least it was for her. "Alright, I'm pretty sure that I know what dragons are at least. Well.. In a general sense. Did not know about the cross-species offspring, though. But.. Hrm.. Interesting.. Can't say my knowledge of genetics is as strong as I'd like it to be but maybe whatever.. Magic allows them to produce offspring like that sorts their genes so that they won't have have any complications? Wait, do either of you know if these half-dragons are sterile? Because I remember reading recently that it's not impossible to make a cross-breed between species but usually the result of such disparate mating is a being that cannot procreate." Riss said, her eyes focusing distantly on some bit of scenery as she thought aloud.

"Though... Wouldn't the logistics of such a mating be difficult because... Oh, wait. Forgot about size and form altering magic. Hah. Would think I would remember that better considering the past day but there we go. Actually, that would potentially help answer a few questions if the form altering magic also affected the genes of the being in question. Should borrow a blood sample from a person under those effects to make sure on that... Or just look and see if this has been looked at before. Certainly has to have at least a few documents written over..." Riss suddenly realized that she was probably being far to cerebral about the subject in general. It was interesting in a high-minded sort of way but that might just make her mutterings all that much more odd.

"Um.. About those twins you spoke of, Mimi? Maybe it was one of those.. They had these short horns and were furred from the waist down? Um.. Had.. Hooves? Is that the right word? Anyway, they were at the party at least so that's just a thought." Riss said, making a small contribution on the matter.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"Yup. They're called uniforms." Tracey says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

"Hardee's har har har," Eileen guffaws. "I meant other than uniforms. Where's your sense of modesty?"

Yes. Eileen has one. Try not to faint.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #839

[Kayla's Apartment]

Kayla gets them both a glass of water for each of them. She goes over and hands it to him before flopping down in another comfy couch.

"So it was just a freaky sort of accident. Man that has got to suck. Do you think there could be someone around who could use magic to send you to her. I heard there are a lot of people around that are really powerful."
    He sips the water.

Maybe. Most powerful people I know are sort of asses, though. Like my mom. He grins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Kayla's Apartment]

"Maybe it is a sign that it wasn't meant to be. At least not right now."

She watches him to see how he reacts to that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?