New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

Kayla's

Elkandar blinks once and looks up. Huh? What do you mean?

He seems not to comprehend the question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Kayla's Apartment]

"You know, like the universe is telling you it isn't meant to be. Look at it, for no apparent reason she just got teleported to another world? Why would that possibly happen?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #843

Kayla's

Elkandar's face hardens.

You don't understand.

He stands up slowly.

No one does!

He smashes the glass of water against the floor angrily and storms towards the door, leaving unless prevented or locked in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Seriously you smash my glass? Thanks a lot. For some so pissed you don't care to even search for a magic user that you don't know to teleport you."

She's not going to stop him. She doesn't really care at this point if he leaves.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

Riss couldn't say she would understand why the topic might be an uncomfortable one. Well, maybe if the topic turned more towards natural births it might be a bit gross but just talking about genetics was hardly off-putting. At least it was for her. "Alright, I'm pretty sure that I know what dragons are at least. Well.. In a general sense. Did not know about the cross-species offspring, though. But.. Hrm.. Interesting.. Can't say my knowledge of genetics is as strong as I'd like it to be but maybe whatever.. Magic allows them to produce offspring like that sorts their genes so that they won't have have any complications? Wait, do either of you know if these half-dragons are sterile? Because I remember reading recently that it's not impossible to make a cross-breed between species but usually the result of such disparate mating is a being that cannot procreate." Riss said, her eyes focusing distantly on some bit of scenery as she thought aloud.

"Though... Wouldn't the logistics of such a mating be difficult because... Oh, wait. Forgot about size and form altering magic. Hah. Would think I would remember that better considering the past day but there we go. Actually, that would potentially help answer a few questions if the form altering magic also affected the genes of the being in question. Should borrow a blood sample from a person under those effects to make sure on that... Or just look and see if this has been looked at before. Certainly has to have at least a few documents written over..." Riss suddenly realized that she was probably being far to cerebral about the subject in general. It was interesting in a high-minded sort of way but that might just make her mutterings all that much more odd.

"Um.. About those twins you spoke of, Mimi? Maybe it was one of those.. They had these short horns and were furred from the waist down? Um.. Had.. Hooves? Is that the right word? Anyway, they were at the party at least so that's just a thought." Riss said, making a small contribution on the matter.
    Riss' Quarters

"Half dragons definitely aren't sterile. I've seen quarter dragons, and people with dragon blood waaaaaay back in their heritage. Same with demons. They breed true with people all the time. Fey breeding with people usually makes something new, called a changeling, but it's not rare to have real half-breeds depending on the type." Misha really wished she knew the specifics of where all this lore and knowledge was coming from, but she was just glad to have access to it at all. For some reason, she felt that if she wasn't around Riss, she wouldn't know even half of this stuff.

It's like her brain is pulling more and more of her past forward to where she can use it, just to keep up. She comes back to the conversation just in time to process the end of it, "You mean satyrs? They're kinda like goatmen usually, but sometimes they're horsemen with only two legs, unlike centaurs. They'll breed with anything, or try at least, but their geans are really strong, so normally no matter what they get pregnant, it'll come out as another satyr. Always male too." She usually got around three or four groups of satyrs bothering her per lifecycle. Normally, she didn't even have to kill any of them, since even they haven't found a way to impregnate a pool of water, no matter how much they tried.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Tracey's]

"Hardee's har har har," Eileen guffaws. "I meant other than uniforms. Where's your sense of modesty?"

Yes. Eileen has one. Try not to faint.

"Hon, I spent twenty seven years inside a body that I couldn't bear to look at because it didn't match who I was. I have no intention of concealing this hot bod from the world's lucky eyes."
    Tracey says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

"Fair enough." Eileen nods, finishing off the last of the coffee, then frowning into the bottom of the cup. "...dang, that didn't last long.."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Traceys

Tracey gestures to the kitchen. Which isn't a separate room at all, but just a countertop corner kitchenette. "Mi coffee su coffee," she says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Oh right, satyrs. Coulda been on of them. The kids just have normal legs, though, and they're too young to have horns or antlers if they're gonna have them." Mimi thinks for a moment. "I dunno. She's all secretive about it for some reason. I bet she thinks it's funny to leave us all wondering."

10. - Top - End - #850

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss was quiet as she took in all the information. Rather than try to supply more thoughts or reasoning behind why things could be the way they were, the muse felt that she needed more information and understanding before delving back into the details. It seemed to her that there were some rather fundamental things that she should find out before moving onward at least. But the gist of it seems to be that magic is involved in this for the most part. Kinda strange at how far reaching it is but it also makes sense in a way."So, what's a 'changeling' anyway? Anything that sets it apart from other crossbreeds?" Riss asked.

"And.. Is it normal for someone to be secretive like that? I mean, is it a big thing or is it just something that's good for making rumors?" the muse asked as she prodded Mimi for a few more details on pixie culture.

11. - Top - End - #851

Riss' Quarters

"Well... usually they look like normal humans at first, but eventually they can shapeshift into whatever they want to look like. That's just how their fey side comes out I guess." Misha replies. It was always tricky to tell who was a changeling and who was just a regular human, but changelings tended to feel... kind of strange. Uncanny, maybe? Usually only when you saw them out of the corner of your eye or something though.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"I don't know much about changelings, but I've seen plenty of half fey that aren't them though." Mimi adds. This really is a complicated topic. Nothing Mimi's thought much about, but she has some limited experience.

"It's totally weird. Usually when someone finds a partner to mate with, neither of them shut up about it till the baby's born. I'm pretty sure she just likes bugging us and that's why she's not telling. Two years is, like, forever to keep a secret, though. I thought she would have broken down and just told us after they were born."

13. - Top - End - #853

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well.. Maybe she can't for whatever reason? I mean, are there agreements or arrangements that one can invoke to enforce an agreement or something like that?" the muse said, offering what sounded like a sensible suggestion. It was quite possible that Riss would be the only one who understood how bad something could get from breaking a contract although the applicability of said knowledge now as likely quite diminished.

Upon listening to Misha, though, Riss' mind began drawing a few connections which finally prompted her to ask: "It sounds like shape-shifting is a rather common ability among the fey. Is that right or is there a reason why that is?" the muse inquired as she made to lightly uncoil her tail before reaching as far as she could with it and just wrap it around the nereid's waist.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Khair eventually wakes, rubbing her friend's back and shoulders.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve murrs sleepily, though as Khair is likely well aware, the former noble doesn't have a problem being woken up this way.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She smiles and gently wakes her.
    Hey... 's morning.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve smiles softly, turning over to hug her.

"Morning, Khair... You sleep okay? How are you doing now?"

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    I'm fine, I'm fine... you sleep alright?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

"I slept fine, pretty much... Things have been pretty quiet on the ghost front recently."

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Mm, thank goodness for that.
    She sits up a little, stretching and yawning.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve nods, also stretching.

"Yep. Though it probably won't last, unfortunately..."

((Deadtime for a while now.))

22. - Top - End - #862

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well.. Maybe she can't for whatever reason? I mean, are there agreements or arrangements that one can invoke to enforce an agreement or something like that?" the muse said, offering what sounded like a sensible suggestion. It was quite possible that Riss would be the only one who understood how bad something could get from breaking a contract although the applicability of said knowledge now as likely quite diminished.

Upon listening to Misha, though, Riss' mind began drawing a few connections which finally prompted her to ask: "It sounds like shape-shifting is a rather common ability among the fey. Is that right or is there a reason why that is?" the muse inquired as she made to lightly uncoil her tail before reaching as far as she could with it and just wrap it around the nereid's waist.
    Riss' Quarters

"Camouflage mostly. Lots of things in nature know how to hide, fey just take that one step further. We can hide as the things that would otherwise try to prey on us, so they think we're one of their pack. Or as something big and scary that makes them never want to come back." Misha settles a bit too comfortably into Riss' one-appendaged embrace, leaning herself against the muse's shoulder in contemplation. That's all she really did was hiding. She hid from people deep in the forest so they wouldn't come around and bother her, even though all her brightest memories were of them. She knew that all of her darkest memories were of them too, and she never seemed to escape those ones no matter how long she slept.

And now... now she wasn't hiding any more. The nereid sighs happily, and tries to wrap an arm around Riss' waist.

Mine.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Traceys

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Tracey gestures to the kitchen. Which isn't a separate room at all, but just a countertop corner kitchenette. "Mi coffee su coffee," she says.
    "Kaffe över allt," Eileen replies, heading directly for the kitchen, not passing Go, not collecting two hundred MagBucks. "...you got any hash browns in here? Bacon?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"Doubt it," Tracey says. If Eileen goes looking, she might find some really badly freezer burnt tater tots, but there are no fresh potatoes and no bacon. She can find stuff for eggs and toast. There's cereal, but the milk is a starting to sour.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Maeve's]

Maeve nods, also stretching.

"Yep. Though it probably won't last, unfortunately..."

((Deadtime for a while now.))
    The sick catgirl sighs.
    Ah well, such is life.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters

"Camouflage mostly. Lots of things in nature know how to hide, fey just take that one step further. We can hide as the things that would otherwise try to prey on us, so they think we're one of their pack. Or as something big and scary that makes them never want to come back." Misha settles a bit too comfortably into Riss' one-appendaged embrace, leaning herself against the muse's shoulder in contemplation. That's all she really did was hiding. She hid from people deep in the forest so they wouldn't come around and bother her, even though all her brightest memories were of them. She knew that all of her darkest memories were of them too, and she never seemed to escape those ones no matter how long she slept.

And now... now she wasn't hiding any more. The nereid sighs happily, and tries to wrap an arm around Riss' waist.

Mine.
    [Riss' Quarters]

"I don't know why she'd ever have to not tell anyone, though. Never heard of that before and it doesn't make any sense." Mimi shrugs. It's a mystery, and one she doesn't expect to be solved any time soon.

When Misha leans into Riss, Mimi can't help but feel a bit cut out from her position mostly behind them. There's no use trying to shrug it off, and there are signs of her irritation plain on her face. The pixie flits off the chair and goes around to hover before the two.

"Lot's for fey turn into different things. Like there's some that turn into one kind of animal. I think it can be good for hunting or other things depending. And one time I saw a dryad that turned into a tree. Even us pixies can sort of shape change with pixie dust, but it's not the same. I think all fey have different reasons that transforming is handy, though."

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Fortress Mountain]

Ah, empathy is overrated anyway! Empathy is for people who won't be the heir of a nation! A nation for all intents and purposes, at any rate.

"Hmm... You wouldn't happen to have a tv lying around, would you? Or maybe high speed internet? If you do, I've got another gift for you and if you don't I've got even more gifts for you!"

Just call her Santa! Santa sans elves. Elves would just clutter up the place and not do anything of any importance.

Clarissa reaches into her pocket dimension jacket pocket and plucks out a video game console and two wireless controllers! It comes preloaded with all the latest and greatest vidjah games, so Day won't ever need to get up from his favorite chair ever again to change out the disks! It's also got a feature so that it can download the newest releases and charge them to an account under Clarissa's name! She's picking up the bill today!

"Unless you've got something else in mind, we could play video games on this here console! You might enjoy yourself!"

The slightly used and slightly stolen shipping truck packed with candy bars that Day bartered for might be materializing outside of the gates of the fortress right now if there's no dimension lock in place.
    Oh, come on. Now you're just being uncreative. Elves are endlessly useful! Not only are they conveniently bite-sized snacks on the go, but they possess an admirable work ethic well suited for sweatshop work and make for excellent yes men when you just need reassurance that trying to clone electric laservision death sharks is a perfectly normal hobby.

"Nnnnnnnope! Got a computer but it's homemade and kinda stinks and takes forever to use the web." All this mind-boggling, civilization changing technology and Excelsior's Internet connection is still slower than dial-up. Just goes to show the dangers of trying to set up an evil empire without proper infrastructure.

Grabbing for one of the controllers, Day examines it carefully, turning it over in his hands. Obviously it's held like so, with the index fingers on the trigger-like buttons, so the turn-y stick-y thing must be a directional input of some sort... Which then begs the question of why there's two of 'em and a set of arrow keys besides? And how the heck are you supposed to spell anything out with only four buttons, shiny and colorful and neat as they might be?

"So uh, what is this?" He finally asks, giving the controller a somewhat confuzzled stare of defiance. One way or the other he will learn it's secrets.

Meanwhile, outside the base and the radius of the tele-lock, the truck of chocolates goes unnoticed, save for a passing glance from a nearby stegosaurus.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-08-25 at 07:37 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    The sick catgirl sighs.
    Ah well, such is life.
    Maeve nods, also sighing, and going to pet her.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    What're we doing now?
    She purrs.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground