New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maeve's]
    Khair nods.
    That sounds good...
    What do you think we should have?

She'll begin the limping trek down the stairs, punctuated by her cane's rubber tip tapping upon each step.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Maeve will help her down the stairs, if she's allowed and that's possible.
    "Well, there's a ton of stuff left over from yesterday. Or we could go out, if you like..."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She accepts readily.
    Let's see what we have...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Doubt it," Tracey says. If Eileen goes looking, she might find some really badly freezer burnt tater tots, but there are no fresh potatoes and no bacon. She can find stuff for eggs and toast. There's cereal, but the milk is a starting to sour.
    "..."
    Eileen studies the freezer for a few minutes.
    Her frown deepening.
    Perhaps a small thundercloud builds over her head!
    ...before suddenly, she smiles. Looks to Tracey.
    "I'll let you get me clothes if you'll let me get you food that won't leave a hummingbird dying of starvation."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

Tracey grins back. "Now we have a deal. Get dressed, girl, we're going to Mallside!"

Tempus Skippus!

Apparate Mallside!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    She accepts readily.
    Let's see what we have...
    As it turns out, mostly sushi, and similar things.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She'll eat basically anything happily, so that'll get taken care of!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve is much the same, probably for similar reasons, and helps finish it off!

"So... What now?"

9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss shifted so it would be easier for Misha to hold on and lean closer. The camouflage idea was strange but not entirely foreign. Although her knowledge of more natural things was still very limited, the concept was apparently rather common if a bit strange in what things had it and what didn't. Well, aside from the whole preditor/prey thing... Wait.. "So.. Does that mean there are things that would try to prey on you or something?" the muse asked with a note of concern. Just what would try to prey on her anyway?

Taking note of Mimi's irritation, though. Riss decided to try a little something to distract the pixie. The fact that it involved trying to pluck Mimi out of the air and put her on her lap might be a small initial shock but hopefully she would feel at least a bit more included for the time being.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Maeve's]

Maeve is much the same, probably for similar reasons, and helps finish it off!

"So... What now?"
    We don't exactly have much to do, do we?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881

Riss' Quarters

"Not things, people. And not prey like well... that." Misha fusses with a lock of hair, trying to make her point clear without outright saying it. She knows she shouldn't be displaying her affection for Riss so openly in front of Mimi, but she can't bring herself to care anymore. She wants to lay against Riss' shoulder and feel safe, and if the pixie has a problem with it then she'll deal with it later.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi yelps as she's snatched out of the air. Well, that knocked the grumpiness right out of her. She's quickly smiling again, although it shifts to a disgusted scowl when she catches onto what Misha means.

"She means jerks that go after her cuz she's super hot and don't care what she thinks at all. There's lots of creepy people like that. Like this one guy that was using nets to grab pixies cuz he thought we made pretty decorations. So we put his eyes out and dumped him in the river." She nods. Bastard got what he deserved.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Oh, come on. Now you're just being uncreative. Elves are endlessly useful! Not only are they conveniently bite-sized snacks on the go, but they possess an admirable work ethic well suited for sweatshop work and make for excellent yes men when you just need reassurance that trying to clone electric laservision death sharks is a perfectly normal hobby.

"Nnnnnnnope! Got a computer but it's homemade and kinda stinks and takes forever to use the web." All this mind-boggling, civilization changing technology and Excelsior's Internet connection is still slower than dial-up. Just goes to show the dangers of trying to set up an evil empire without proper infrastructure.

Grabbing for one of the controllers, Day examines it carefully, turning it over in his hands. Obviously it's held like so, with the index fingers on the trigger-like buttons, so the turn-y stick-y thing must be a directional input of some sort... Which then begs the question of why there's two of 'em and a set of arrow keys besides? And how the heck are you supposed to spell anything out with only four buttons, shiny and colorful and neat as they might be?

"So uh, what is this?" He finally asks, giving the controller a somewhat confuzzled stare of defiance. One way or the other he will learn it's secrets.

Meanwhile, outside the base and the radius of the tele-lock, the truck of chocolates goes unnoticed, save for a passing glance from a nearby stegosaurus.
    [Fortress Mountain]

Euch! Have you ever tasted elf? The texture is stringy! The flavor is uninspired and blah! Course, I had it raw, so maybe it is more palatable braised or smoked?

And nobody clones electric laservision death sharks this day and age! Doing so is hideously outdated. Why, there's only one man in the whole wide world who would do such a...

Wait! You! You're! You're Sanity Clause, aren't you?

Le gasps! Thanks for the stocking of coal last year, Sanity! I planted it under my grandpa's favorite couch's cushions! In five years, they'll have surely formed diamonds with all that heat and pressure compacting them! And then I'll be rich! Filthy, stinking r-i-c-h!

I didn't realize that dinos were one of Excelsior's pet projects! Or that cold-blooded killers reptiles were partial to penguins snowy biomes!

Clarissa (barely) averts fainting once Day corroborates her assumptions on his interaction with anyone outside of Excelsior! Oh! The poor, poor child has lived in privation his entire life! A life without internet! Oh! Oh! The very thought! How did this brave lad survive without the most basic necessities required to facilitate life?

"That? That is a controller, Day."

Clarissa sheds light on the mythical device. The machine with the power to build and destroy! The power to give and take life! All with the push of a button! The power to create and uncreate reality with one tap of the finger!

Vee-dee-oh gamez!

Clarissa hauls a television out of her jacket. A widescreen, flatscreen number. A television that is much, much wider than she is. A good inch or so taller too. And it is as thin as a slave of Dalachrech on a bad day! In other words, it is as thin as, if not thinner than, a stick.

"I plug this into here."

Clarissa hooks up the console to the tv with a black cord.

"And I insert these into here."

Clarissa attempts to shove the power plugs into a convenient electrical socket, if there's one to be had!

"And now you hold down the middle button on the controller and release it once the screen light up."

Clarissa flicks the tv on and waits for Day to experiment with his new toy! If all goes well, they might play a FPS co-op campaign of Super Mafia Brothers: Vice Castle!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-08-26 at 11:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #884

[Riss' Quarters]

While the muse was aware of such people on a conceptual level, her actual knowledge of them was understandably lacking. Still Mimi's mention of 'decoration' got her thinking. "Wait.. Do you mean 'Have around a house' decoration or 'Taxidermy project' decoration?" she asked, hoping that it wasn't the latter.

Still, the thought of being chased down or something similar was something the muse felt like she could relate to. Maybe not due to the same circumstances but due to the same desires. Or close enough, at least. "Well, here.." Riss began as she tried shifting her arm so that Misha could still lean on her shoulder while the muse could gently rest a hand on her cheek, holding her close. "At least here, you don't need to worry about that. I'm not sure how often that sort of thing happens but I'll try to make sure you are safe here. For both of you." she said, a rare note of adamancy appearing in the flowing harmonics of her speech.

15. - Top - End - #885

Riss Quarters

"I know. I could always take care of myself before, but not having to anymore is... nice." Misha nuzzles the hand contentedly, eyes closed as she murmurs something else under her breath.

She'll stay that way for a while before dozily asking, "What's taxidermy anyway?" It's like a nonsense word coming from her mouth, she has no frame of reference for it, and none of the syllables it's made of have any meaning on their own to her. One of the problems Riss may have noticed is that Misha's vocabulary is very minimalistic in a lot of areas, while being expansive in others. Obviously a lot of the terms she knows are archaic compared to the very computer heavy terminology Riss knows, but that's slowly being pushed back through saturation.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    Khair is carving little wooden figures in her room; it looks like some sort of chess set.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve may or may not be with her; if she is, the human seems rather interested in what she's making.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She'll smile behind her mask.
    Just doing a little something.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"I dunno. All I heard is he said decoration." Mimi shrugs, none too concerned. As if someone like that could catch her! "Thanks, Riss, but you don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself." Mimi puffs out her chest. No one's gonna mess with her. Heck, she's more concerned with protecting Riss.

20. - Top - End - #890

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well, yeah. You were before I came along.. But, well... Don't take this as an insult or anything but, well, I was taking care of myself before I met you too.." Riss said with a somewhat shaky tone, reaching up to gently run her fingers though Misha's hair. "I mean.. Yeah, I probably wasn't doing the best job but I'm just trying to say that now it'll be better than before and.. And I'm babbling here.. And I've never really had that problem before either before I met either of you and I guess it's kind of silly that I'd be rambling on like this because I had trouble talking at all and.." the muse stopped herself from rambling on further and sighed. "Well... I guess all that really matters is that we are all here rather than someplace else." the muse mumbled, fully aware of just how trite that sounded. At least, it did to her.

"Um.. Right, taxidermy. It's where they preserve a dead body and fill the insides with stuffing. It's for display purposes, mostly. For like, showing things that have been hunted and killed for sport rather than food." the muse explained, apparently not fond of the idea in reference to pixies.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-28 at 04:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #891

Riss' Quarters

"Mhm. It's home. It wouldn't be complete without you both. I mean, I used to spend just years floating in my pool, and that was home to me and all I needed. But... just one day without you two and I was lost. I did so much thinking my brain hurt and my heart clenched, and I realized that if either of you came back alone I'd miss the other." After her admission to Riss was as well received as it was, she feels comfortable in talking about the rest of her musings.

She reaches out to Mimi and tries touching her cheek with an index finger, "I might not love you like I do Riss, and I'm pretty sure you feel the same, but you're home to me now just as much as she is. None of us should have to take care of ourselves all on our own anymore."

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi sticks her tongue out at the description of taxidermy. "Why would anyone do that?" Taking trophies from particularly difficult kills is one thing, but a whole body? What's up with that?

Her thought process is interrupted when Misha speaks. You both? Either of you? What's that all about? And when Misha touches her cheek, the pixie looks stunned. "Oh... Well, uh, I really like being with you too, Misha. And you too, Riss." Mimi blushes. There are few things that get the pixie so flustered. She never would have thought Misha had much at all in the way of affection for her. She's not exactly sure what to make of this revelation.

23. - Top - End - #893

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss made a sort of half-shrug in answer to Mimi as she didn't want to disturb Misha from her position on her shoulder. She couldn't say she knew why it was a thing either. Noticing a zigzagging strand of hair falling in front of her eyes, the muse tried to shake it back out of her vision with a quick few jerks of her head but all that did was to fill the air around her with that sweet-spicy scent as more fell down to join it. Really, she was quite surprised at how long it had gotten. Especially in comparison to when she had just arrived here.

While she was content to sit there with the fey for a while, Riss felt a question nagging at her. Well, a question and a bit of something else. "Hey.. Misha? You know when you asked me if it would be fine to make yourself less noticeable whenever we go out? And how I said I'd rather you didn't? I wasn't really thinking of how that might make you feel around other people so.. Well, I'm just saying I'm fine with whatever you're most comfortable with when going out." the muse said, getting the 'something else' out of the way first. That and she felt the question might break the mood so it was likely something best left until later. That said... "Um.. Well.. Would either of you object to maybe watching something while sitting here? I mean, I don't really mind being all cuddled up like this but I was wondering if either of you thought that might be fun."

24. - Top - End - #894

Riss' Quarters

"I'll think about it. For now, I only have one kind of clothes that fit, and it's better for me to go clothed than less ample and uncovered." Very much the truth at that. Misha reaches up and tries running her fingers through the fragrant hair follicles. Riss really did need a permanent hair tie for those if she was going to keep on getting weirder. Maybe she should get Mimi to teach her to braid hair or just have the pixie do it herself.

Such thoughts are shelved when the possibility of watching... something comes up, "What, you mean like on the walls? What kind of thing did you have in mind?"

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    She'll smile behind her mask.
    Just doing a little something.
    Maeve smiles back, and keeps watching Khair work.

"It looks like it'll be interesting. And pretty, too..."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She nods, quietly working away at her pieces.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Less ample? Waaait, is Riss talking about making Misha's boobs smaller? That'd be terrible. Misha's boobs are awesome! She doesn't dwell on it though. Much. >.>

"Ooh, a movie? Sure, that'd be awesome." The pixie grins. "You don't know what movies are, Misha? They're kinda like a play with people acting and stuff, but there's no actual people in the room and they show it on this big wall thing."

28. - Top - End - #898

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well, I do prefer my Misha ample and uncovered but you already know my opinion on the matter quite well by now." the muse said with a sly grin as she slipped a hand down to try for a quick squeeze. Of course, the hand might stay there as Riss leaned in to the nereid's attention to her hair. It felt quite nice, to say the least, even if the feywine was apparently insistent on it becoming a fragrant bolt of red lightning. As for the topic of movies.. "Well, Mimi already knows my taste in movies but I'm not sure if everyone here is that much of a fan of the genre. Unless neither of you mind being scared for fun?" Riss said as she reached down to lightly stroke Mimi's hair. Part of it was to keep her from feeling left out while the other was simply from the memory of how the poor pixie had reacted after the first one.

Cycling through a few more choices in her mind, though, Riss decided it might be better if there was something for all of them to look at rather than just her. So, in short order, a list of various films would appear on the nearest wall they were facing. Something else of note, though, would be that the floor appeared to be shepherding the cluster of pillows from their somewhat scattered corners into a shallow pit. It would probably be more comfortable to lay there than to sit in a rather hard chair for a few hours at least.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-28 at 08:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve goes to slip an arm around her as she works, but otherwise simply lets Khair work.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She finishes up a few figures, carving intricate little runes into them, before she puts them away.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show