New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maera's]
    She'll feel the baby kick again, eliciting a little gasp and an orange blush from Eo!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera grins, going to rest her head on Eo's stomach, whispering quietly.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She'll feel the movement! Eo makes tiny little excited noises.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

As far as bachelor pads go, this one is actually fairly clean, as Sora generally keeps his mess contained to the kitchenette and his bedroom. Sora will say, "Make yourselves at home. I'm gonna set up the ritual chamber so we can get this underway."

It's got four rooms and hallway; a very cramped bathroom, a bedroom, Sora's ritual chamber, and the living room which is decorated only by a rather large TV for the modest apartment and a shockingly comfy couch (which is, in fact, enchanted to be more comfy, conforming to the ideal of comfort for the person sitting on it), at the end of the short hall They'll have about twenty minutes to look around and do whatever before Sora comes to get Riss for the ritual.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera seems quite happy as well, going to take Eo's hand and squeeze it gently, grinning.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She squeezes back!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera seems perfectly happy to stay where she is for a while.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    It seems Eo feels the same way.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Riss found a spot on the couch and did what she could to make herself take up as little space as possible. "So.. Mimi.. What do you think about all of this?" the muse asked, keeping her mind away from dwelling on the process yet to be done. You know.. I think this is what it feels like to wait on one of those old-fashioned surgeries or something like that. ...Wait, would that be the right term to use if they're still in use now? Hmm.. I should probably find that out and... Hmm.. Actually, if I'm careful about it, I could probably provide some helpful devices to the local medical communities if they aren't up to standards. Probably not enough to be what I would consider par but that's due to me just not having all the schematics or theories with me. Kind of depressing that I only have so much with me.

Glancing about with her eyes settling on the television, the muse looked at the device with some mild appraisal as one might use when looking at an antique. Whatever works, I suppose.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera smiles happily, yawning, after a bit, and goes to stand.

"Nice as this is, I'm getting tired, so I probably ought to get some rest..."

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Eo nods.
    THE SAME APPLIES TO MYSELF
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Mimi lands on the couch next to Riss. She doesn't even look around the place like she'd normally be inclined to. Nope, she stands protectively near Riss with a little frown on her face.

"As long as he's just going to try and help you I'm fine with it." Her tone says perfectly clearly what she thinks if he has any ulterior motives. It probably involves a lot of pain.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maera's]
    Eo nods.
    THE SAME APPLIES TO MYSELF

[Maera's]

"Let's go, then... Unless you'd prefer to just stay down here like we were, since we both need to sleep?"

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    I THINK I WILL HEAD UPSTAIRS, THANK YOU
    She smiles gently.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera smiles back softly, and nods.

"I'll probably be glad you did in the morning anyway... Listening to your baby is nice; getting my neck all twisted up because of how I was doing so when I fell asleep, not so much."

Should Eo seem like she could use the assistance, Maera will be happy to help her upstairs.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She seems fine and heads upstairs with a smile.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #977

[Sora's Apartment]

"Ah.. Right." the muse said, giving a rather lackluster reply. "Um.. Mimi?" Riss began, turning to face the pixie. "Just wondering.. Um.. Do you always, ah.. Are you always on edge when you meet new people? Or, most of them, I guess?" she asked. As memory served, she acted much the same way with Misha until recently. Doesn't explain why she was so friendly when she met me, though. Unless she's just in an environment that she's not used to and acting accordingly? Would make sense.

Sliding off of the couch once her question had been answered, the muse would try fiddling with the television, likely just browsing what there was to watch to pass the time.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Then Maera simply follows her up, and goes to give her a quick hug goodnight on the landing before heading to her own room.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

"Not really. Why do you ask?" It occurs to her that Riss has seen her meet exactly two people, and tensions were and are high in both cases. Mimi blushes profusely as she flies after the muse, hoping that Riss doesn't connect the dots. There were definitely other reasons for her hostility, though! Like the fact that Misha was totally invading Riss' room, and that being invited to this guy's apartment could definitely be suspicious.

20. - Top - End - #980

[Sora's Apartment]

"Just curious." the muse said as she found the 'on' switch on the television. It seemed what was currently showing was a channel called 'Arcane Network' although it would require a bit of watching before the muse would have any idea what exactly that was supposed to mean. It wasn't as if she didn't have time, though. The current program seemed to be about two artificers picking apart regular superstition and finding what was just myth or if there was actual magic or factual effects to be gained from it. It was rather entertaining given how they explained the process as they went along, often crafting thaumaturgic devices to test their theories. There did seem to be a bit of a fascination with using fire as much as possible but the muse had to admit that she liked how all of it was done in a controlled environment.

It was quite likely she would be watching this until Sora called her into the other room.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Hey, this is interesting. Mimi watches the show with Riss. She quite appreciates the abundant use of fire. It's exciting in all the best ways! She'll be quite entranced with it.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-02 at 12:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Sora is going to say something to them, to tell them the ritual is ready, when he notices what's on TV, and so he leans against the doorway to the hall, distracted by the fire and explosions and other magical shenanigans.

He'll likely be stuck there watching until the end of the episode, unless someone notices him.

23. - Top - End - #983

[Sora's Apartment]

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the episode was already half over when Riss turned it on so Sora wouldn't be left standing there for long. However, given that there was no followup episode, Riss took the opportunity to simply switch the television off; taking notice of Sora standing there as she turned away from the device. "..Ah.." she muttered. "I-Is it time?" the muse asked after a moment's breath, her harmonic accent lightly playing with the minor stutter.

Turning to Mimi, the muse gave a weak sort of wave although it would be hard to tell if she was simply saying that things were alright or if she was beckoning the pixie to come along for some sort of comfort. Riss wouldn't quite be able to tell herself if asked. But with everything said and done, the muse would be quite compliant with Sora's directions from here on out.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Mimi gets to her feet in an instant when Riss directs her attention to Sora. She doesn't put any effort into interpreting Riss' wave, she's coming along regardless. Gotta keep a close eye on Sora after all.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Sora will instruct Riss to go into the center of a large rune circle made entirely from brass. This thing must be hell to move around, though if asked Sora will mention that it's multipurpose, meaning he can do just about anything he needs to with it.

Mimi will be given a very small chair to sit on, made out of ring boxes on top of the dresser where Sora keeps his reagents.

As Sora takes his place in the center of the circle on the bottom right of that image, Riss will be asked to stand in the center, as she's the subject of the ritual.

For a few moments, it doesn't seem like anything is happening when Sora starts mumbling. If Riss listens in, it's doubtful she can make out any of the words or phrases he's- wait. Is he speaking in the song tongue? If Riss can understandf, and hear all of his mumblings, it'll be clear that what he's saying is something along the lines of commanding the universe to do what he wants, in a long and drawn out fashion.

After about five straight minutes of this, Sora prasses a hand to his chest, and starts pulling, though not on any material thing. A glowing light with a swirling darkness near the edges - his demonic heritage, as this must be a piece of his soul - floats above the hand he pulls away. Riss will feel a compulsion to take the orb in her hand and press it into her own chest. When she does this, a few lights will shine around the circle with an audible chime, drowning out Sora's mumblings as the magic grafts the soul Sora provided for Riss onto what's already there.

Things will seem more vibrant, there will be more feeling in the world, a desire to do more, to have fun, to experience emotions at a new level, not something she's experienced before. She'll want to find new things to do, and will have more energy than before.

Sora, on the other hand, just looks tired, with bags under his eyes.

26. - Top - End - #986

[Sora's Apartment]

Though the ritual had gone more or less according to plan, the moment Riss seized the opalescent orb, she began to feel somewhat ill. Rather than press it to her chest, though, the muse brought it to her throat as she suppressed a cough. What was strange to her was that both the feeling of illness as well as what she now recognized as suffocation vanished as soon as she did so, taking deep gasps of air as the sudden feeling of energy rushed through her. With surprise, she looked around as she tried to compare the feeling of rejuvenation against her more objective senses and tools, seeking if there was a difference from before.

Still, she was quite puzzled as to one thing during the ceremony although she held quiet until now as she didn't want to bother Sora during the process. Intoning in song tongue, she inquired to him just where they had learned to speak it and what reason it was that they were unable to read the sign on their back. In comparison to her usage of the more standard speech, she seemed much more at home with her native language and hardly stuttered or paused unnecessarily. Indeed, it seemed to be almost a relief to do so.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Mimi sits down where indicated, at least at first. Her eyes dart between Sora and Riss, looking for any sign of treachery. She gets to her feet quickly when Riss presses the orb into herself. Her suspicion turns to worry, and then she's just confused when Riss starts speaking in some strange language. At least she looks okay.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

Sora blinks at Riss, his face full of confusion.

"What?"

He... doesn't understand what she's saying. But wasn't he just speaking in the same language? In the meantime, he goes to sit in a chair that's in the corner of the room, looking winded.

29. - Top - End - #989

[Sora's Apartment]

Confused as well, Riss would ask a few more questions before switching back to the common language. "Is... Were you not just speaking..?" I swear I heard them say... "Um.. What were you, ah.. What language were you using just now?" Riss asked, taking the moment to step out of the array and rubbing lightly at her throat. It felt somewhat raw at the moment but the sensation was quickly subsiding with time.

"Mimi, what did you hear?" the muse asked, seeking to confirm her own senses. I can't have been the only one who heard that, right? Is that some part of the magic as well or..? It was all quite confusing to the muse although she was hopeful that answers would be forthcoming rather soon.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sora's Apartment]

"Um, he was mumbling something when he was doing his magic thing. I couldn't understand it. And then you started talking weird too after." Mimi furrows her eyebrows, thinking hard. "They kinda sounded like each other."