New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

Kate's Apartment

Kate's reaction is initially fear due to the outfit, but she quickly recognizes him. "Cosiellio? It has been a while." She opens the door to let him in. "Is something wrong?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"I've been waiting for you to contact me, which you haven't, since the last time we saw each other. Whether or not you follow me as a god, I at least was hoping you'd treat me as a friend, and completely forgetting about friends is kind of a bad thing."

Well, that explains why he's upset.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah." Kate sighs, and leans against the wall. Cos may notice that she's two inches shorter than usual. "I-"

"No." Sophie the spider walks up to Cos. "Coming from you it's an excuse. From me, it's an explanation. Cos, sit down and set any ideas you have going on aside, because Kate has been more than a little busy."

Kate steps back from Sophie, obviously surprised at this outburst. Sophie seems... cranky.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Dorota's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    So am I, you wonderful, beautiful person, Dorota says as she snuggles up close to her lover.

Dunno 'bout the Dawww'pocalypse, but they're on a good way to drowning themselves in sap.
    Clearly the D'awwpocalypse involves a Great (Sap) Flood!

Crissy cuddles back, tucking her head under Dorota's chin and smiling as she dozes off...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

The huntress still feels slightly overwhelmed as Trisha warps her into an embrace again, the emotions she's feeling influencing with the urge to take control again and put on some clothes.

Instead she blushes awkwardly and tries to focus on the stove as Trisha moves away. "So what kind of food are you cooking?" She asks with a glance at Trisha which quickly turns into a lecherous stare.
    Trisha's Cabin

Trisha chuckles when Michi stares at her, and she can't help but give a little wiggle before putting the leftover roast into the pot with some water. "Just simple stew." She admits before heading back to Michicora, trying to push her back into a chair so she can sit on her lap, facing the Huntress. "It was wonderful, Michi."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos shakes his head ans steps in if Kate or Sophie don't stop him, "I'm aware of that, Sophie. I've been aware the whole time. I want to help - I really do. But I need to be asked first."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

Day actually understands fairly well what Clarissa's getting at here, what with the difficulty of trying to explain concepts that are simply impossible for the listening mind to grasp. Many an evening spent fruitlessly trying to explain to his brothers what ultraviolet colors look like have taught him that. Understands, but doesn't accept.

As indicated by the dismissive 'Pshaw' noise!

Or perhaps he's making rocket-ship sounds to symbolize the all-surpassing progress of SCIENCE!?

I know not.

"Sure it might be impossible to figure out but I'm gonna figure it out one way or the other. Being impossible just means it'll take longer." Hence why he was hoping Clarissa would tell him. Much as Day loves science, he's not so keen on the long, slow drag of sitting down and analyzing things. The moment of triumphant discovery, that's the fun of it. An hey, leave that alone! I'm studying that!" He adds, leaning over the back of his chair to watch Clarissa as she picks up the box, which will prove no problem to open at all should she choose to ignore his indignation and carry on trying to retrieve Mini-Clarissa.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Then you know that not only has she been actively trying to fix the situation, she has been almost perpetually brain-addled for months."

"Sophie, you're being a bit angry. You don't really have any reason to be angry."

"I... yeah, you're right. Sorry Cos. Hey, Kate, go grab your mattress, maybe he'll be able to figure it out."

"Oh, good idea."

Kate will rush into her bedroom, and start stripping sheets off her bed.

"Cos, what does it smell like in here to you?"
    It kinda smells like the grass after a storm, but only enough that you only notice it if you're specifically smelling.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Like grass," he says, sighing.He moves to sit over on the couch and reaches out a hand for Sophie to climb up onto; he wants to talk with her at eye level, and the easiest way to do that is holding her up.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Sophie will climb up. "Right. Not like an apartment. Now, you could explain this to be the fairy effect, from the dusting, but why is it out here, and not in there? This has been bugging me. I think that something is going on here-"

"Cos, could you come look at this?" Kate just finished stripping the sheets of her bed, revealing the mattress...

From here, it's obviously not mattress colored. There are lines of metallic colors on a dark grey background...

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos will stand up, holding Sophie on the back of his hand even as he moves. She'll be free to climb anywhere on him that she wants, of course; he's not worried about her biting him in the slightest.

He look into Kate's room, giving Sophie a view as well, "That... is very strange." Cos says, "Do you want me to examine it thoroughly?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

The mattress is a crisscross of a large number of wiring diagrams, albeit with nothing labelled nor much in terms of recognizable symbols. Copper, silver, brass, gold, and some other metallic colors make up the wires, all interconnected. It's obviously not random... you might think that it all has a purpose beyond looking amazing.

"I'm wondering if it's magical at all. As in, permanent effects."

It does feel like magic. Not easily defined magic, though.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"That looks like a computer, doesn't it?" Cos says, and then he lays a hand on the mattress, extending his godly senses into it to determine what exactly it is, and what it does.

Sophie, being in contact with him as he does this, may suddenly get a sense of the level of power he has. It seems he isn't bothering to - or doesn't know how to - shield her mind from this. it won't hurt her, but seeing weak divinity unbridled like this can leave a person dazed for a while. Kate, as she is not currently in contact with Cos, won't see anything like this; it's all happening within Sophie's mind, after all.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-26 at 02:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium's willingness to relinquish her seacave, which was a symbol of her past life and grief over the loss of her hall of memories, is a sign, in Spec's mind, that she's left her old life behind her and is ready to live out her new one with Spec without a regret in the world!

Otter-Spec is aghast at, without warning, being so teensy-tiny relative to her girlfriend. She nearly has a panic attack, squirming and kicking and generally misbehaving.

Once Trium casts dispel magic on Spec, Spec reverts to her human form! The curse no longer will be active when Spec and Trium hug. As for everyone else Spec might end up hugging...

Yeah... Might need something more potent than a simple dispel magic spell to clear that up else it is going to be a chronic problem to be disarmed on a case by case basis.

"Trium, what just happened?"

Spec asks, doing her best to regain her inner serenity.

"You turned into an otter. Presumably due to magic, since I was able to turn you back into you. More detailed hows and a why will have to wait until I've had a chance to take a closer look at you,"
    Trium replies, doing an admirable job of keeping her voice calm. Though the impression of being at ease is somewhat ruined by the fact that, once she's explained everything she knows, she goes to pull Spec into another hug, plainly nervous, albeit also clearly relieved that her girlfriend is something approximating human again. "You wouldn't happen to know anyone who might have reason and ability to curse you, would you? Even as a joke, since it seems to be, if not exactly harmless, at least not actively harmful."

15. - Top - End - #105

Trisha's Cabin

"Uh, that... it was." She mumbles as she go on about caressing Trisha. "I think I might have pulled a muscle or two though." She says with a foolish smile. "It hurts, but it was worth it." She didn't feel it until now either.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Trisha's Cabin

The Champion smiles and gives a small shiver at the caresses before she looks down at the Huntress, reaching out to stroke Michicora's cheek gently. "Then I'm just going to have to make sure you get plenty of rest so you can recover." She tells the Huntress with a small flush, still not entirely used to the situation.

17. - Top - End - #107

Trisha's Cabin

"Yeah... a few days..." The huntress replies slowly. At the moment it was like she couldn't think straight, all she could think about was exploring this new found source of thrills. She forces herself to at least divide her attention to something else. "So I guess we can't hunt together for now... got any other ideas?" Well, besides the obvious.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-26 at 07:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Sophie will curl up defensively a bit, not quite sure what to make of it.

The mattress is a complex device of fairy magic and some magic that isn't quite fairy magic anymore, a bizarre twist that wouldn't often be thought possible. The purpose is odd, and not very obvious... it appears to be a computer. However, it can be accessed mentally by a dreaming person on the mattress. Given the nature of dreams, someone could access it and never know it existed unless they specifically had a lucid dream.

While it would be possible for someone that isn't dreaming to get into it, they would need to use the proper magic and would basically have to hack it.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fortress Mountain

Day actually understands fairly well what Clarissa's getting at here, what with the difficulty of trying to explain concepts that are simply impossible for the listening mind to grasp. Many an evening spent fruitlessly trying to explain to his brothers what ultraviolet colors look like have taught him that. Understands, but doesn't accept.

As indicated by the dismissive 'Pshaw' noise!

Or perhaps he's making rocket-ship sounds to symbolize the all-surpassing progress of SCIENCE!?

I know not.

"Sure it might be impossible to figure out but I'm gonna figure it out one way or the other. Being impossible just means it'll take longer." Hence why he was hoping Clarissa would tell him. Much as Day loves science, he's not so keen on the long, slow drag of sitting down and analyzing things. The moment of triumphant discovery, that's the fun of it. An hey, leave that alone! I'm studying that!" He adds, leaning over the back of his chair to watch Clarissa as she picks up the box, which will prove no problem to open at all should she choose to ignore his indignation and carry on trying to retrieve Mini-Clarissa.
    [Fortress Mountain]

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time! ... He's a rocket maaan!

Clarissa opts not to merely ignore Day's indignation but to whole-heartedly and moreover cheekily pay it no heed. None in the least. Nope. Not even then.

Defiance powers activate!

Also, titrations. Ugh! One may not claim to be familiar with boring SCIENCE! until he or she has wasted six whole hours rehearsing assays for the sugar content of wine in chem class. Compositional analysis of wine and mead makes for yucky labs...at least when you're under the legal drinking age.

But back to business! Clarissa will attempt to slide the box open not to rescue and release Mini-Clarissa but to give her some space to move around in. Clarissa will attempt to pass the lead box back to Day. Inside, Mini-Clarissa should have assumed a form that is an exact to scale replica of Big-Clarissa. The only difference is that her wardrobe is ultra inadequate, being fabricated from rat and mice pelts as it is.

"Hello up there! Betcha didn't know that I could do this now, did ya?"

Mini-Clarissa waves while regular Clarissa smirks smugly.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"You turned into an otter. Presumably due to magic, since I was able to turn you back into you. More detailed hows and a why will have to wait until I've had a chance to take a closer look at you,"
    Trium replies, doing an admirable job of keeping her voice calm. Though the impression of being at ease is somewhat ruined by the fact that, once she's explained everything she knows, she goes to pull Spec into another hug, plainly nervous, albeit also clearly relieved that her girlfriend is something approximating human again. "You wouldn't happen to know anyone who might have reason and ability to curse you, would you? Even as a joke, since it seems to be, if not exactly harmless, at least not actively harmful."

Hugs! Formerly the world's premier panacea! Now the trigger of a calamitous curse!

"I... I turned into an otter?"

Spec stammers, her innocent, emerald eyes meeting Trium's gaze if at all possible, desperately searching for guidance from the wiser being, her mind perhaps finding some solace in her arms.

Spec racks her brain, tearing through every documented name, every cataloged instance of magic she's identified, and everything that remains! Leave no stone unturned. But still her inquisition proves fruitless.

Unless...

"I think it's the brands, Trium. I'd... I'd almost forgotten about them over the years as memory was eroded by time, but I remember so vividly now."

Spec's eyes seem ever so distant and cloudy for a moment as her revitalized recollection presents her with a flashback from her childhood. A memory she's neither particularly fond of nor particularly hateful of.

It just was.

"I'm a child. And there's this...this room. How'd I get here? There are no doors. There are no windows. Just blank white walls all around. They're chalky to the touch. The room is entirely empty, swept clean of everything except for this chair in the middle. A golden chair. No, something that resembles gold but isn't quite gold. Maybe... Maybe it's a throne. I can't tell. It looks so big and- and comfortable, and stately. In retrospect, it might've been almost...ceremonial? I don't remember what I was thinking as I first approached it, but it felt good to move closer to it. So I did. I seated myself in this warm chair. It lulled me into this...this false sense of security before these cuffs clamped over my wrists and these metal plates stamped against my hands. I screamed. It burned so bad. And then it all stopped. And... And there was this woman in a white dress who entered..."

Spec abruptly breaks off, dumbstruck. At a total loss for words.

"Was she..."

"My mother and father had died earlier that day and..."

Spec appears as though she's about ready to cry.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-07-26 at 02:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

In the back of her minds, Trium has merged with the other two, their slowly separating identities once more becoming the One-in-Three.

"Orichalcum throne? Not common. Very expensive, unless she was in Atlantis, or somewhere else the materials are abundant and the formula known. But effective, if it was planting magic in her. Some sort of claim, perhaps? A fealty spell, whether to her or from her?

Chalky white walls. Maybe it was chalk? Suggests they were harnessing the residual death energy, if so. Enormous power, but hard to tap, and harder to control, once you have.

Awfully long lengths to go to, to turn her into an otter when she hugs someone. And why trigger it now? Something to do with her other transformations, perhaps, maybe a side-effect?"

While part of her works on figuring out exactly what happened to Spec, however, the rest is focusing on dealing with what's going on with her girlfriend now, holding her tightly, though not hard enough to be uncomfortable, while broadcasting <calm-love-safe. Quiet water. Still water. Trium and Spec reflected in still water. Trium holding Spec, deep in a cave, dark and peaceful and warded. Spec in cool water, soothing after heat, wind from below wrapping around her like a sister, gentle and loving and close, while the lichen glows, greeny-white on the walls, just enough light for her to see. Trium and Spec high in a tree, Spec half-sleeping in Trium's lap while the immortal holds her gently and strokes her hair.>.

21. - Top - End - #111

Fortress Mountain

Blink. Blink.

"Okay. Now you're just messing with me." Day says, doing his best not to look impressed. Figuring out how Clarissa's doing all this is gonna be hard enough without her adding a new impossible feat to the list every ten seconds.

Mini-Clarissa is pretty awesome though, and Day will hold out his hand to let her hop on.

There's a slight pause as Daedalus puzzles something out, before breaking into a triumphant grin. "Got it! Bits of you are still alive even when they're sliced off cause they shouldn't be alive in the first place! You're some kind of crazy spirit possessing and manipulating biomass hence why things that would normally kill you don't because your spirit-y powers are sustaining them!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

"Yeah... a few days..." The huntress replies slowly. At the moment it was like she couldn't think straight, all she could think about was exploring this new found source of thrills. She forces herself to at least divide her attention to something else. "So I guess we can't hunt together for now... got any other ideas?" Well, besides the obvious.
    Trisha's Cabin

Trisha realizes the clouded effect over Michicora's thoughts and expressions and smiles softly before leaning in to give one long and passionate kiss. Once the kiss is over, she'll climb off if allowed and pull on some real clothing. "I want to learn about you, Michi. Everything."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Oooo! Oooo! So close! So exceptionally close! Almost right on the money but not quite! Alas! Had Trium contemplated and meditated on the semi-crisis aloud, something might've jarred Spec's memory. She'd likely have also broken down in a stream of tears if not for Trium's rapid administration of intensive emotional care.

Trium's broadcasts are comforting as was the intent, I presume. Spec finds them intensely nurturing to the mind and, more importantly, the spirit. Calm. In her arms... Love. ...all the burdens in the world just... Safe. ...melt away. *Sigh.* Spec and Trium. Forever together. Love bubbling up. An oasis in the desert that neither time nor the hands of man could tame.

Spec attempts to ease her head onto Trium's shoulder and her fuschia lips (possibly) brushing against Trium's neck. Her hair droops to the side, stray strands possibly ticking Trium's shoulder.

In this soothed, slumberous state, she somehow murmurs another line...

"Trium..."

"Know that I like you a whole lot. And I'm sorry that I kept this from you for so long. I thought that the medicine had cured me but..."

"I was wrong."

-------
    [Fortress Mountain]

Mini-Clarissa will attempt to vault into Day's hand, then, without delay! She'll take this one step further by attempting to scale Day's arm and seat herself on his shoulder. Hey! It's almost as if Day nabbed his own evil, wingless, pixie dust-less Tinkerbell!

Both Clarissas smile and nod vigorously, speaking in unison!

"Yep! That's the basics of it! Except we aren't a ghost!"

"Yep! That's the basics of it! Except we aren't a ghost!"

As if to stress that point, Mini-Clarissa shouts, "Boo!" Nearly falling off of Day's shoulder while she laughs and laughs after that outburst, regardless of Day's response!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, that was the intent of her broadcasts. Not I can think of much else that it could have been, of course, given the feelings and images used, and the circumstances, but I suppose she could have meant to alter the emotional tone associated with those memories, or blot them out entirely.

As for discussing it aloud, Trium was too concerned for Spec to think of doing so. Unlike rather a lot of immortals, she hasn't grown to love any less intensely because she knows that whoever she's with will almost certainly predecease her; in fact, her species, for much the same reasons that they love easily, also tend to do so more intensely than others.

In any case, the mage has no issue with Spec resting her head on her shoulder, or, if that's her intent, the assassin falling asleep there, though as she doesn't trust herself to word it properly right now, she doesn't speak in response to Spec's statement, instead sending <acceptance/forgiveness/absolution-love/eternity/undying-rest/dream/quiet.>.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Rest. Dream. Quiet. Zzzz.

One! Two! Three! Spec is out for the count, folks! Truim's broadcasts have rocked her to sleep. Nestled in Trium's arms, the girl smiles in her slumber, an until now invisible mark dabbed upon her chest, enkindled by Spec's passionate feelings for Trium, lights up the night in a fantastic spectrum of color which arcs though every vein and artery in her body, scattering spectacular rays of light out from her at every imaginable angle. The intensity of the light is...less than what one would expect from your everyday run-of-the-mill light source. It does not impair anyone in the least to behold it. It is much...softer than typical light even though it is quite literally flooding out of Spec.

Weird!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Or not, considering that Spec is incredibly light sensitive. It makes sense that her body wouldn't have something capable of blinding her as a consequence of being in love, or that, if Spec got this intentionally, she chose to make it not harmful to herself.

However, rather than simply enjoying the lights, Trium - or, more accurately, the One-in-Three, the entirety of her minds having merged now that Spec is asleep - carefully examines the mark, trying to see if it matches any of the various magical signs they've seen in their travels, or at least appears to be from the same culture, or an older version/new adaptation of anything so encountered, as well as performing a deep, though careful, so as not to trigger any traps if it's at all possible to avoid doing so, magical probe of the sleeping woman.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

What an astucious observation! Visible light worn as a badge of amour by a foe of traditional light is as symbolic as it is logical. For one who is as intimate with Spec as Trium is, perhaps One-in-Three will grasp the real significance of this event.

And that's important because if she does...

But it'll be more suspenseful to inject into the next post.

The lucent mark blossoming out of Spec's midsection is the sister of the ever-changing brands burnt onto Spec's hands. It it the universal (as it is ever-changing) symbol of spirit. It is coalescing with Spec's torso, the fifth element completing the set.

The magical probe will detect some magic seeping into Spec's body from the marks as well as an inner and outer well from which this magic is drawn. Spec does seem to generate some quantity of magic within her, however small. The bulk of her magic radiates from an external power.

What's possibly frightening is that a container within Spec's UGWD has broken open, and it is leaking potent anti-magic fluid all over the robotic stretch of her left arm. There are dozens of vials stocked in her UGWD which presumably held multiple doses of this medication but have recently been emptied. She hails from a reality where magic is unknown to humanity.

Or so she said...

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

As I can't quite get my thoughts to congeal at the moment, and I find your symbolism interesting, they can probably figure out that, or something close to it.

But they get distracted shortly after by the anti-magic liquid leaking everywhere, their first reaction being 'Get her away!', though that's quickly quelled, so that Spec isn't woken by the rather precipitous means of getting shoved across the 'room'.

"Lied to us?

Maybe. But humans may not have made that. Or it might have other uses, with anti-magic being a side-effect they don't even know exists, since they can't look for it without having magic in the first place.

Perhaps both; even if that isn't the main and/or original purpose of it, they might know that it does that, and have given it to her for that reason. But I think she'll tell the truth, if we ask her."

Whatever is going on, there's not all that much to do now but wait for Spec to wake up, so Trium disengages much of her mind from the others, and settles down to do so.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-28 at 01:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Sophie will curl up defensively a bit, not quite sure what to make of it.

The mattress is a complex device of fairy magic and some magic that isn't quite fairy magic anymore, a bizarre twist that wouldn't often be thought possible. The purpose is odd, and not very obvious... it appears to be a computer. However, it can be accessed mentally by a dreaming person on the mattress. Given the nature of dreams, someone could access it and never know it existed unless they specifically had a lucid dream.

While it would be possible for someone that isn't dreaming to get into it, they would need to use the proper magic and would basically have to hack it.
    [Kate's Apartment]

"It's... a computer. That you access in your sleep," this surprises Cos, "This is pretty weird, even by Nexus standards. I imagine you could do a lot if you were having lucid dreams, but otherwise it'd just be standard like a normal dream." he scratches his chin, not really sure what to make of that.

Sophie, unfortunately, isn't minded. Cos doesn't remove his hand or shake it or anything that would cause the little spider to fall off, but he doesn't really pay attention to her.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate looks at the mattress, not quite sure what to make of it. It's a rather odd situation. "...that is weird. I never have lucid dreams, not really. What's on it? Can you tell?"

Sophie doesn't say anything. She rather preoccupied trying to not look straight into the god.