New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Kate's Apartment]

"I could, but I don't want to break anything. I could give you lucid dreams, if you like. Then you could do as you please with it."

Sophie should be fine at this point. As Cos isn't using any more power, she won't have to deal with looking at Cos's power.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

She sighs. "You know, part of me wants to accept, If only to know what my dreams are about. Ever since I started to dust when I'm dream-" She stops short. "If I had lucid dreams, maybe that would cut down a bit... I could figure out what caused the dusting, and make it cut back."

She seems to think this is a good idea but doesn't sound quite sure.

"Ummm... Cos?"

Sophie has turned around and is trying to whisper to Cosiellio. "In the future, you might want to be careful about giving people a look at the real you. Just a thought."

She will then step off the hand, fall to the ground, and walk away shakily.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos frowns when Sophie drops of. Just what did she see? He hadn't been aware of showing her something, "Sorry," he says to her, before taking a deep breath and turning back to Kate.

"How about this; I give you the ability to choose when you want to have lucid dreams? When you're going to sleep at night, all you have to do is will it to happen and it will. Or if you prefer to have a normal night's sleep, you can choose to do that too."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trisha's Cabin

The huntress looks up at Trisha in surprise, she hadn't really expected that kind of question. "I wouldn't know where to start." Not here naked in front of her new lover who were in an equal state of nakedness at least.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate thinks about this for a minute. She doesn't like the idea of people messing with her mind... but in the long run, the dusting is messing with her mind a lot more than lucid dreams would be. The ditziness, the trouble remembering, the computer program which makes no sense...

"Allright. That sounds like a good idea... Except I'm going to need to get rid of this mattress. The enchantment is, ah, aggravating my condition."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-07-28 at 05:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos nods, and goes to put a hand on the mattress again. And... it'll simply vanish. Nothing left behind except the bed frame. and then a light will bloom out of Cosiellio's hand, widening, before solidifying into an entirely new mattress, and this one is a good deal more luxurious than the old one, "How's that? It'll resist any magic that gets thrown at it, so dusting in the night shouldn't be a problem for the mattress itself. Wanna test out how it feels?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate reaches over to feel it. "It looks like it's more expensive than that other one... I'm not picky. I don't suppose you could do that with other bits of bedding? Right now I have some sheets that might be magicked, too."

She turns to look at Cos. "Hey, where did it go? Did it just cease to exist? I'm just curious."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos nods, and goes to do the same to her sheets, replacing them with silken sheets and a beautiful duvet with cover rather than simply copying the unenchanted versions, "I sent them into temporal storage. That way, if you want to use one, you can. All you have to do is ask and I can bring it back to you."

This, of course, raises the remaining question of why he made stuff that's so incredibly luxurious, "Wanna deal with that lucid dreaming enchantment now?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate considers it a bit. She seems hesitant, but after a minute seems to have made up her mind.

"Sure, it shouldn't be as big of a worry now but I want to be able to wake up in the morning and not have to do a once-over with an dispel effect to make sure normal."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Right," Cos says, and he reaches out a hand, "Just take my hand and I'll get started."

Assuming Kate does so, a few things will happen. The first is exactly as Cos described it would be; as long as Kate decides she wants a lucid dream, she just has to decide so and it will happen on the following night.

The second is more interesting; given that Kate is literally one of only maybe 5 followers Cos has, and even then the first he had, it qualifies her for a position that she may not have been aware of; she's his high priest, or at least Cosiellio's equivalent of it.

And the third and final thing may come as something of a shock to her. She'll get a look into Cos's self, because he hasn't learned how to mask it yet. It'll show her his divine power, and how amazingly broad that power is. it'll show her the sort of person he is; basically good, but always willing to learn how to do things better. And finally, on a more personal note, it'll show her in the form of simple feeling that Cos has a crush on her.

She will understand this all, if the enchantment Cos is making goes through. And she'll also understand that Cos doesn't realize everything that Kate just learned. He is entirely oblivious to the fact that she just found out those tidbits.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate will take his hand and... he eyes will go wide. After the effect is done, she will take a step back.

"Uhh... give me a minute. Please sit down on the couch. Trust me on this. I'm going to need a minute."

She seems oddly shaken. She puts her hands on the wall, a solid thing. Her thoughts vary from being secretive to Cos to "But he should know!", and not much is communicated that way.

Is she trembling?
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-07-28 at 06:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

And that has Cos worried. A frown comes onto his face, as he's not sure what to do, but he nods "Alright," and he'll leave the bedroom to go sit on the couch, waiting for Kate to do something.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

After a minute or two, Kate walks in. "Okay, first thing first, when you did the thing, I got a look at you. Not just what you show me, but you you, the real you. It's... kind of scary, and you might want to keep people from looking at that in the future. With that in mind, I know a few things about you that you don't know, so it's important that I tell you."

She sits down on the far end of the couch, obviously not sure what to make of the situation.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-07-28 at 07:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Oh I-" he stops dead, his eyes going wide and a blush creeping across his face. Did... did she see that? Oh no, she did, didn't she? Crap. Crapcracrapcrap-

He mind has sort of sunk into this at this point. Cos isn't sure what to do. He certainly didn't want her to find out like this.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate notices Cos' reaction.

"Yes, I know about the crush. I'm sure this is awkward for you."

The matter-of-fact way she says that really implies that it's not a big deal, almost like she's dealt with this before.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"A little, yes."
    Cos lets out a large breath, though his blush remains, "I should probably go then. I'll... talk to you later." There'll only be a moment or two before he simply vanishes. Kate will have a chance to stop him if she gets him before he vanishes though.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Nodon't!" Kate immediately reaches toward Cosiellio, beckoning for him to stay. "Not talking about it isn't going to fix anything. It only causes more problems. Besides, there is something more I need to tell you after this; and I don't think you know it."

18. - Top - End - #138

Fortress Mountain

A fitting companion for a boy who never grows up. But as funny as Day finds mini-Clarissa's joke, he can't help but notice something faulty in the logic of it, blank eyes narrowing in mock suspicion. "But if you're not a ghost why'd you go boo? That sounds awfully ghost-like to me." And there's only one way to be absolutely sure. Hopping down from his seat and kicking it away into a corner, Day tosses Clarissa a pair of goggles before ducking behind his invention. It's still a prototype and lacking a proper on/off switch, so instead he just grabs the two severed ends of the trigger wire, holding them so close that tiny little sparks leap between the frayed copper. "Alright! 'fore I power this up, you gotta promise, no stealing my idea!" That bit Claire said before about 'memorizing how it works' sounded awfully suspicious.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Kate will manage to stop Cos before he leaves, and he frowns, his blush having not receded, "What is it?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Apperantly, due to the fact that I was your first follower, I'm technically your high priestess, but we can ponder that after we sort out your crush."

Albeit, the high-preistdom is what bugs her more. The Crush, however, has potential for severe interpersonal drama and as thus needs to be dealt with ASAP.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

The huntress looks up at Trisha in surprise, she hadn't really expected that kind of question. "I wouldn't know where to start." Not here naked in front of her new lover who were in an equal state of nakedness at least.
    Trisha's Cabin

Trisha smiles a bit as she pulls on her jeans, wiggling to give one last bit of a show. "Start whenever you wish." She says as she goes back to sit next to Michicora, holding her close. "I'm willing to listen to anything." The Champion says as she sets her head on the Huntress' shoulder.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Here's to Trium who, ideally, won't be bothered by the baggage of consternation! *Glug, glug.*

After all, I did promise that Trium would be have the chance to meet up with a mysterious guest if Trium did figure out the symbolism!

As Trium is patiently awaiting Spec's awakening the space behind her shudders and convulses as a sparkling white door manifests itself behind her. It has no knob nor a discernible means of opening it.

Hm... Hmm.... Hm?

-------
    [Fortress Mountain]

Clarissa straps on the goggles and gives Day a thumbs up!

"I'm not a corporate spy, Day. I swear I won't steal your invention or your idea."

Speaking of, Day should really patent this before anyone else does! Don't want noob Ghostbuster wannabes muscling in on his turf, right?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Uh, yeah. Look, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I actually wanted to tell you about it myself, but I was... waiting for the right moment, I guess."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate nods. "I understand. The trick is, there is a point where no moment is the perfect moment, mainly because I wouldn't ever really seem open to that. I'm flattered, I really am, but I'm not looking for a relationship. Maybe, sometime in the future, I might... but if I do, with all due respect, I don't think I'd want to court a god. I would want a more normal relationship..."

"Actually, once I'm ready for a nexus relationship, my view of normal might be skewed enough."

Awkward pause. "Anyway, I'm sorry, but not right now... and probably not later. Okay?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos lets out a sigh, "Alright," she can see it on his face,the disappointment. But Kate got wind of it before it became too deeply rooted in the young god, and so it's easier to deal with. "Is... is there anything else you want to talk about? I imagine you saw a lot."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I saw a lot, but most of it was too... big. Too complex. You're still a god, I think I'm lucky I'm still sane."

Also, her head hasn't exploded. Albeit, with her reinforced skull that might not be an option.

"However, what I did see is that, due to the fact that I was your fist follower, I'm currently the... head priest? High Priestess? I'm technically the top of your human followers. I'm not sure what that means."

This part really bugs her. Somewhere in the back of her mind (hidden from Cos) she's registering this as another unwanted mod. She's hoping that right now it's just a technicality, and that it won't change anything.

27. - Top - End - #147

Fortress Mountain

Patents? Excelsior don't need no stinkin' patents! Not when they've got big guns and big, dumb muscle to kick in your door with if you try to steal their ideas. And you'd be surprised just how many ideas are 'theirs'.

Anyhoo! The goggles are not, in fact, meant to shield the wearer's eyes. In Day's opinion, anyone who can't handle a wee dose of light radiation without protective has no business being around SCIENCE! anyway. Nope. These neat little toys are instead treated with special chemicals that filter light in odd ways, allowing those without Day's multi-spectrum vision to observe first hand the machine's effect upon ambient radiations. Without them this would all look quite boring.

"Brace yourself. Gonna be awesome." And so saying, Day brings the wires together, the merest touch sufficient to complete the circuit and set the machine roaring, rumbling to life. Behind the device's crystalline lenses something snaps on, a kaleidoscopic array of etherial lights pouring forth, growing brighter... And brighter... And brighter still with no end in sight, until Clarissa might wish she was wearing normal, eye-protecting goggles.

Then there's a sudden, jarring screech and everything shifts. The light that was pouring outwards before is suddenly pulled back inwards, making the entire room seem distort towards the engine as the lightshow forms a tunnel, a whirpool dragging lost spirits in. Tiny streaks of gray can be seen, the ghosts of mice and spiders and whatnot being dragged into the machine, the tiniest flare visible as each passes through one of the machine's many 'eyes' and is converted into pure energy.

Even Clarissa, several degrees shy of being an actual ghost and garbed in material form as she is, might start to feel a slight tug on her essence, like fish-hooks sunk into her soul. Unpleasant. But still far less so than actually being dragged in would be, considering what fate that would spell.

Bit by bit the machine winds down once more, lights sputtering out one by one behind the lenses with an ever-slowing rumble, until it finally falls silent and dark, the dingy room seeming even more dingy than before in wake of a such a show.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-07-29 at 08:41 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Here's to Trium who, ideally, won't be bothered by the baggage of consternation! *Glug, glug.*

After all, I did promise that Trium would be have the chance to meet up with a mysterious guest if Trium did figure out the symbolism!

As Trium is patiently awaiting Spec's awakening the space behind her shudders and convulses as a sparkling white door manifests itself behind her. It has no knob nor a discernible means of opening it.

Hm... Hmm.... Hm?

As it has no discernible means of opening it from this side, Trium reaches out to knock on it. Which, of course, is a spectacularly bad idea, and she's well aware of that. But when your girlfriend has just turned into an otter for no good reason, and then, once she was back to some semblance of normal, started her own equipment-free laser show, one does tend to be rather curious about what's going on, and this seems to be her best chance of finding out...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

"I saw a lot, but most of it was too... big. Too complex. You're still a god, I think I'm lucky I'm still sane."

Also, her head hasn't exploded. Albeit, with her reinforced skull that might not be an option.

"However, what I did see is that, due to the fact that I was your fist follower, I'm currently the... head priest? High Priestess? I'm technically the top of your human followers. I'm not sure what that means."

This part really bugs her. Somewhere in the back of her mind (hidden from Cos) she's registering this as another unwanted mod. She's hoping that right now it's just a technicality, and that it won't change anything.
    [Kate's Apartment]

Cos shakes his head, "It just means you're the one that's closest to knowing how I think and being able to put that into the world. You also happen to be the closest thing to a priestess that I have."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Though not quite being given a piggy-back ride, Riss was leaning somewhat heavily on Misha for support as they neared her room. Though she hadn't minded as much when she left, the fact that she had gotten a mild sunburn along with the aches and pains for her 'troubles' made the walk back just that much more of a chore. It was all she could do to keep from gritting her teeth with each step. Still, just before she opened the door, she stopped and set her basket down so she could use both arms to wrap around Misha. "I had a wonderful time." she said, managing a smile despite the complaints she was getting from her body.

A minute after, though, the pair would presumably be entering her room proper although Riss would make sure to be quiet to keep from waking Mimi if she happened to be asleep at the moment. It was quite possible, after all.