New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,518 of 1518
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

Love sets one down in front of Evan and snuggles up next to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #1502

Evan takes a quick sip before he snuggles Love in return.

3. - Top - End - #1503

Love laughs and sips. Mmm, fruity goodness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

4. - Top - End - #1504

Evan laughs.

So is everything going according to your plan?

5. - Top - End - #1505

Love grins. Perfectly. Thanks for cooperating. She strokes his back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

6. - Top - End - #1506

You are very welcome, Love.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Vierzt looks extremely uncomfortable.

Uh, yeah. I mean, I've never... I mean, uh, never mind.
    The drow takes a long drink of his beer.
    "Wow," Gelley says, right before grinning. She giggles. "Well, don't be too embarassed. I'm surprised, really. I mean, I knew you were awkward, but..." More teasing. Typical, by this point.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-10-17 at 01:50 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #1508

Love's

She smiles and attempts to kiss Evan.

Treehouse

Vierzt smirks and aims a light smack at her head. Right. I suppose you have what, ten boyfriends then?
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-10-17 at 02:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

9. - Top - End - #1509

Love will be able to kiss Evan. Whenever Love stops Evan grins.

All according to plan?

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fortress Mountain

Not hardly. Riv kicked Prometheus out the door when he was given the boot from AMEN. They were within speaking distance of each other for maybe three minutes. What made Prometheus into the angry, sullen person he is was something a little different, although still attributable to Riv.

"Oh, wow! You're right! I totally see the error of my ways and will never be mean to my minions again!" Clapping his hands to his face in the pose made famous by the despicable Home Alone series, Riv sneers at Clarissa in a mock sing-song voice. Expecting to win him over with any speech even mentioning love or human dignity or the power of friendship, well, it wasn't Clarissa's first mistake of this negotiation by a longshot, but it was certainly one of the worst.

"Screw you. Screw whatever makes you think you can walk in here and tell me what to do. This is my temple and I am a god, surrounded by my faithful flock, who, yes, answer to me above any chewed-up corpse! The falsetto's been dropped now in favor of the usual nasal screech, spittle flying with each added emphasis.

"You think I care about you? About a failed experiment? About any of the dumb bull you're spitting out? I don't. So if you want my help for your petty conquest or want me to treat these poor widdle supersoldiers better or whatever the hell you're here about, you can drop the cutesy-wutesy bull and get it in your damn head that I am in charge here!" At least he hasn't had his men open fire. Yet. That's a good sign. Maybe. If there's anything good about this situation at all.
    [Fortress Mountain]

>.<

Love? Friendship? Human dignity? When did Clarissa ever say anything about those concepts? Communication damaged... Repairing...

"You must have misunderstood me, Riv. Do pay more attention to my words and less attention to what you think you want to hear me say next time."

That message wasn't what Clarissa was trying to convey! Be nice. Be kind. Clarissa hates virtues! She'd never beg someone to swear by them!

"Listen. Your soldiers should be treated like people. I'm not implying that you should be nice and wubbing to them or anything so don't put words into my mouth. What I'm saying is that they have the social finesse of a yowling, flea-bitten, mangy cat. I've seen goldfish with more tact! Guppies are able to communicate more effectively! All your men can do in the real world outside of this controlled, perfect little bubble you've raised them in is scream. Scream at people. Scream with people. They can't talk and they can't get what they want or what you want except by force. They can't manipulate people to get what they want. They can't connect with anyone else. They fail as they interact with anyone in a manner which could earn them something they want or need."

"They're socially disabled. And if your dreams of being a god are ever to even faintly resemble reality, that needs to change. And I can help you with that. For a price. And that price is loyalty to some measure. Not fealty. Loyalty."

"You answered the question incorrectly, by the way. Your men love their brothers as brothers should. But you? They fear you. They'll die for you but they'll live for one another. They are what make you powerful. You're only as influential as they are. You're a busy man and you don't get out much. They're your emissaries to the Nexus at large. And you're only as well-spoken as they are in everyone else's eyes."

Clarissa's tails swish back and forth. Riv may be raging but Clarissa is as happy as a clam. His pain is her gain, after all. And if he can't see reason and totally loses it, maybe she'll have to beat it into his self-centered, over-inflated skull.

Yep. This chance meeting is sure going swell, ain't it?

Disclaimer: Clarissa's opinions in no way represent the views of her player.

11. - Top - End - #1511

Fortress Mountain

'Human dignity' came from Clarissa's demands that Riv treats his minions with respect. 'Friendship' from her foolhardy notion that she could convince the varying evil orgs to work together. 'Love' was simply pulled from where the sun don't shine. Not that any of those were necessarily Clarissa's intent. Riv simply wished to mock somebody. He does that a lot.

Now for instance, snidely miming two sockpuppets yabbering away with his hands as Clarissa goes on another speech. "Nope. Still don't care. And now you're out of chances." And without the slightest hesitation the soldiers open fire. In the blink of an eye the elevator has become a killbox, the air thick with flying, burning lead aimed to cut the troublesome hellqueen down where she stands.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fortress Mountain]

Riv done incurred Clarissa's Wrath, son! Wrath assumes control of all that is Clarissa! Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war!

The visual effect of bullets ripping through Wrath is the same as if Riv's men were unloading their clips into water. Clarissa is as much a liquid as she is a solid. She's comparable to a colony of cells that don't need their complimentary comrades to survive. The bullets enter and exit, inflicting little harm to Wrath. They shred her clothes and annoy her. Not much more.

Killboxes are only as effective as the ordinance being pumped downrange and the rate at which the metal flows. In this case, the ordinance might as well be copper BB pellets or yellow airsoft rounds. Given that only two soldiers are firing, the recoil isn't the conquering hero of this conflict either, unless high impact rounds are being deployed instead of Riv's standard-issue tungsten ammo.

Clarissa blurs forward. Taking into account that Riv was close enough to her to bombard her with a puddle's fill of spittle, she'll attempt to tackle and engulf Riv's torso. This shouldn't injure him but it should throw him off balance and give him an incentive to command his soldiers to cease and desist with great haste! She might attempt to constrict his chest if he puts up a fight but she will take care not to crush or snap anything too vital to his continued life functions!

13. - Top - End - #1513

Fortress Mountain

Meh. Wrath might as well give up the ghost, it's obvious who the real embodiment of anger, animosity, hatred, vexation, irritation and all purpose ill humor around here is.

And he was expecting that. Not the 'turning to liquid' part, that came as an unwelcome surprise, but the 'lunging at him'? Clarissa might as well have held up a neon sign declaring that little maneuver in advance. So as Clarissa throws herself at Riv, the two bodyguards at his flank throw themselves at her, putting a solid four hundred pounds of meat and muscle between the two very angry inviduals.

How much this attempted interruption will actually hinder Clarissa in her malleable form is up in the air, but I imagine it should stop her pounce at the very least. Even liquid loses momentum when it slams into solid matter.

As for Day? With all the bullets simply passing through Clarissa, his attempt to hide behind her obviously came to no avail, so, he's a little bit busy being temporarily dead to do anything right now.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fortress Mountain]

Day (...) he's a little bit busy being temporarily dead to do anything right now.
    Day (...) dead.

Vengeance! Clarissa will avenge thee, pint-sized, brave hero-in-training!

Revenge!

Grr! This time Riv has gone too far! Too far! He's crossed the line big time! This is treachery shall not stand! It will not go unpunished! Divine retribution is a drawn-out, painstaking (sometimes without the staking, lamentably) process, especially against kinslayers! You will burn, Riv! Burn!

That's what Wrath would decree word for word were she not busy attempting to engulf Riv's lackeys, in any case...ideally.

Poor Day. He should've hit the deck like he did in that video game. Oh well. He'll respawn soon enough...

What a mess this turned out to be!

Conveniently enough, that's all closely related to what Clarissa is attempting to do to the kinslayers she's attempting to engulf! She's attempting to turn parts and pieces of them inside-out and attempting to messily nom redundant things in their bodies! Nobody needs two arms, strictly speaking! Oh! She's also attempting to cast healing spells on them so that they won't expire while she's tormenting them! They could easily escape her trap, on the other hand, if they remain calm while reacting to Wrath.

With Riv as their boss, these soldiers have probably endured events much, much worse than this attempt to stuff them into a grinder!

No internet. I shudder and shiver at the very idea.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-19 at 09:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Barbarian in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #1516

[Weiss House]

Rachel will arrive with her wife from their day in the park. Once inside, Rachel will stretch out a bit, then plop down on the couch.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Ogre in the Playground

[Weiss]
    Alilia sits down next to Rachel, snuggling close and smiling.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    *cough cough*