New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

Kate's Apartment

Kate thinks about this for a bit.

"So... it doesn't mean anything right now, it just defaulted to me?" She takes a deep breath. "Okay. I hope you find someone better for a priest, and can get a real religion going."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

As Riss might be used to by now, in the middle of the room there is a raised portion of the floor with a flower sitting on it. She only does that when she thinks she might not be able to give it personally, like during that week of Riss working. The flower in question is fairly small, with long yellow petals and black spots.

The pixie herself, however, is mysteriously absent. Wonder where she could b- "Riiiiiiiss!" Mimi's voice can be heard behind then. Soon enough, she flits into the room ahead of them. "Hi Riss! Hi Misha. You're finally back!" The pixie's face and arms are spotted with a bit of blood. That may be concerning. She seems fine though.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riss' Quarters

Misha is far too used to Mimi's antics by now to be concerned every time she comes back covered in bodily fluids.

"Do you really have to maul something every time we leave you alone? I'm beginning to think this is turning into the start of a bad habit." She tsks slyly, rolling her eyes to show she doesn't mean anything by it.

"Did you at least have fun? I taught Riss how to swim, and learned how to do this." Misha holds out a finger, and after a moment a bit of red liquid squeezes out from between her pores.

"It's cherry flavored." She says, proudly. She still doesn't know how she does that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss was certainly concerned about the blood almost as much as she was about Mimi moving around so much. It had only been.. Oh.. Wait.. It has been nearly two days so maybe she's gotten over the worst of it by now? Still, even if she feels better, I'd wish she'd be just a bit more careful for the time being. "Mimi? Are you hurt?" came the muse's rather expected question as she set the basket down by the door. She almost didn't stand back up, though, as it was quite tempting to just crawl over to the pile of cushions in the corner and rest. Or find something for the mild sunburn that had managed to surface almost everywhere. Well, it says aloe can help but I have no idea what that is. Probably can use water to at least numb the sensation, though.

A bit of attention was given to Misha's new trick, though. Even if she knew about it already, it was still interesting even if it was for a reason other than novelty.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi hovers closer to Misha to eye the red drop. She suddenly tries to stick her finger in it, which she proceeds to lick clean. "That's weeeird." She says with a little giggle.

Her attention rapidly shifts back over to Riss. "Nope! Completely fine. I just stuck this funny looking thing. It ran away though. Hunting's harder when it's just me." She scrutinizes the muse a little closer. "Geez, you look tired. You should sit down. How long were you swimming?" She gives Misha a mock disapproving look. She should take better care of Riss.

It's probably for the best that it hasn't occured to Mimi what actually exhausted her so.

6. - Top - End - #156

Riss' Quarters

Misha shrugs, "A lot of strenuous activity is good for you, if you don't overdo it. I think Riss and I just barely skirted by that. And look, she has freckles now!" Misha couldn't be more obvious about that if she'd shouted "Hey look, a distraction!" but she's fairly confident it'll work anyway. The minor burn is an issue, sure, but it'll go away in a few days. Freckles are adorable though, no matter who you are.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos nods, "Yeah. Until then, enjoy it, alright? It means you can draw on some divine power if you like. You know; cast spells."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate seems curious about this. Not happy, but curious. However, this means that it's though of (on a deep level, mind you) as a potentially helpful change, as opposed to just a technicality. "I don't know anything about casting spells. I can do some with Pixie dust, but I don't know if that's anything similar, or... if it's different?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Basically, I grant you some of my power. All you have to do is get used to focusing that power into effects. You'll probably have to carry a divine symbol as a focus for it, but that should be all it takes."

"You'll find some things use more power than others, like blasting people, but summoning aid and healing people shouldn't be too difficult. Since you're the high priestess, I guess you can decide what the holy symbol is."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Hmm."

Kate will get out her laptop, and open up inkscape.

"A holy symbol should be simple, but unique. Something recognizable, but not overly hard to make. Like a good logo, if you don't mind the comparison. It should be something about you, that captures the base of you in a simple form. Any ideas?"

11. - Top - End - #161

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss suppressed a laugh with how Misha used 'barely.' She knew the nereid was only trying to divert Mimi's attention but that still wasn't the precise word she would have used. Still, the invitation to sit down was eagerly taken although sitting soon turned into simply laying down. "Well, at least I learned a few new things. For one, I didn't know how to swim before now so there's that." she said with as much of a good natured smile as she could muster.

"Still, are you feeling okay? I mean, not feeling ill or sore or anything?" the muse inquired. She was hoping that the colony had taken root successfully but the health of the person said colony was in happened to be a bit more important.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi hovers a bit closer to Riss' face to get a good look. "Hee! That's so cute." Mimi agrees with Misha's assessment, if not quite so enthusiastically.

She flits over to the flower and scoops it up before rejoining them. "I feel great. All thanks you." She says, the warmth in those words unmatched by even the sun that burned her earlier. Watch out! "I got this for you too." She offers the flower.

13. - Top - End - #163

Riss' Quarters

"Maybe we'll take you along swimming next time, hm? Assuming your wings will dry out okay afterwards." Would be a shame to mess with Mimi's flying ability unintentionally. Of course, she seemed to recover from that one time Misha blasted her with water just fine, so there's that.

Misha just reclines at the base of Riss' own resting place languidly, not quite coming close enough to touch Riss on her own. If Riss wants to reach out and stroke her, that's up to the muse, but she won't mind. Otherwise, it seems like the two are wrapped up in making sure they're both alright, so she'll allow this little reunion without sticking herself into it at every chance she can get.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Riss' Quarters]

"Ah.. You did?" Riss asked as she pushed herself back into a sitting position, reaching out to try and lightly grab hold of Misha's shoulder to 'steady' herself with one hand while holding out the other to receive the new blossom that Mimi had procured. "It's certainly colorful. Is there a certain name that it goes by?" she asked, looking from the yellow and spotted petals to the pixie's face with some interest. Hopefully that would be enough to keep Mimi's attention for the time being. Not to say she wasn't interested but for the sake of keeping the peace, it was probably best that the light squeeze and gentle strokes went unnoticed.

"I'm guessing that whatever you ran into was while getting this, right? Just what was it this time?" she asked.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

It's probably a good thing that Mimi is so easily distracted. She'd be more scowly if she wasn't.

"I'm not really sure what it's called. They grown on these vines that wrap all the way up tree trunks. They look really pretty when they're all in bloom." Mimi says. "And It was this big, mousy sort of thing. It looked like it might be tasty if you roast it up. I didn't want to chase it down its holes since I'd never get it out, though."

"And I can totally go swimming. The wings make it hard, but it's still fun to do stuff in the water." The wings definitely ensure she can't really swim properly. They'd get all wet and weighed down, and there's no way she could dive under without some means of negating the wing trouble. Nothing a bit of pixie dust can't solve.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-29 at 11:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

Trisha smiles a bit as she pulls on her jeans, wiggling to give one last bit of a show. "Start whenever you wish." She says as she goes back to sit next to Michicora, holding her close. "I'm willing to listen to anything." The Champion says as she sets her head on the Huntress' shoulder.
    Trisha's Cabin

Squirming awkwardly in her seat, Michicora realizes it's probably time to put on some clothes. It wasn't like she was awkward naked, but she didn't want to be nude when Trisha wasn't. She was not even sure where she had left her tunic though, or her binding for that matter.

"Well... I was born in a tribe in north Golotia..." She starts while attempting to reach for her binding. She honestly wasn't sure what to tell Trisha, she could never have imagined anyone to hear her talk about her life. "My err... mother was from another tribe but I never met her. She died when I was born."

17. - Top - End - #167

Riss' Quarters

Misha giggles a bit under her breath. Watching the pixie dote on Riss like a swooning suitor had ceased being infuriating after she'd accepted the odd little arrangement, and was now a source of endless amusement.

"Well, maybe I can show you some of my trinkets and such, somehow. We'd need a way for you to breath underwater, or some kind of air bubble maybe, but if we could figure that out, I think you'd find it pretty neat." She already looks contemplative, as if she's trying to figure out how to accomplish it with her own powers. In her pool, her control over the water that made it up was unparalleled, so if she could somehow force an air bubble to stay under water...

Riss probably has a simpler solution ready at hand that involves swallowing nasty tasting goop, but now Misha has got to thinking.

18. - Top - End - #168

[Riss' Quarters]

While Riss did think of the possibility of such an enhancement, the muse waved it off rather quickly as it would be rather silly to do something so complicated for an occasion that wouldn't likely come up often enough to merit the effort. Plus, having a smaller body means less room to work with so I don't think I want to waste space on trivialities. "I could probably modify a rebreather if you just want to stay under water or other airless environments for a while." the muse suggested.

After a moment or so of mulling things around, though, she put forth another option. "I.. Could also possibly install something similar to my blood surrogate, respirocytes mostly. Would be more effective at delivering oxygen to muscles and removing the toxin buildup from use. Over all, it would improve physical endurance and enable you to go longer periods without air. Not as long as having your blood being completely replaced like mine but certainly a notable improvement. Downside is that you'd be ill for much longer than usual."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Soon enough (in fact, considerably sooner than one might expect, given the distance they apparently covered), the hoverbike pulls into a small vehicle bay, presumably one specifically for Maera's medical facilities, as it's in a separate building from the nearby house.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    The pregnant synth-woman looks around, interested and silent as always.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

The room appears to be pretty much empty save for the hoverbike, though there are three rather odd looking stretchers hanging on the walls.

Meanwhile, Maera hops off, and, if the synth chooses to follow her, will be perfectly happy to provide help in doing so.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    The synth will accept her help in getting out, still looking around at the room, before looking questioningly up at the woman.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riss' Quarters

Misha giggles a bit under her breath. Watching the pixie dote on Riss like a swooning suitor had ceased being infuriating after she'd accepted the odd little arrangement, and was now a source of endless amusement.

"Well, maybe I can show you some of my trinkets and such, somehow. We'd need a way for you to breath underwater, or some kind of air bubble maybe, but if we could figure that out, I think you'd find it pretty neat." She already looks contemplative, as if she's trying to figure out how to accomplish it with her own powers. In her pool, her control over the water that made it up was unparalleled, so if she could somehow force an air bubble to stay under water...

Riss probably has a simpler solution ready at hand that involves swallowing nasty tasting goop, but now Misha has got to thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

While Riss did think of the possibility of such an enhancement, the muse waved it off rather quickly as it would be rather silly to do something so complicated for an occasion that wouldn't likely come up often enough to merit the effort. Plus, having a smaller body means less room to work with so I don't think I want to waste space on trivialities. "I could probably modify a rebreather if you just want to stay under water or other airless environments for a while." the muse suggested.

After a moment or so of mulling things around, though, she put forth another option. "I.. Could also possibly install something similar to my blood surrogate, respirocytes mostly. Would be more effective at delivering oxygen to muscles and removing the toxin buildup from use. Over all, it would improve physical endurance and enable you to go longer periods without air. Not as long as having your blood being completely replaced like mine but certainly a notable improvement. Downside is that you'd be ill for much longer than usual."
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi graws at her lip a bit as she thinks that over. It does sound handy, but the thought of being sick for even longer isn't appealing at all. "How long would I be sick? And would it be as bad as last time?" If she could just move around somewhat it wouldn't be so bad, though sleeping through a large chunk of it helped before.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Oh. Also, there's a door on one wall that I forgot to mention, which presumably leads to the actual place for treating injuries.

"Do you want to get off your feet? It's not far, but there's no reason you should have to walk on that leg if you don't want to."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She nods, giving a little thankful smile.
    She pulls her ragged tank top and bra aside on her left side---not to expose herself, but rather to show a small designation code just above her left breast: EO-1.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"Your name's Eo, then? Or is the one pronounced somehow too?"
    , Maera inquires, pulling one of the stretchers off the wall; the reason for the oddness appears to be that they float as well, and this one at least is padded on the inside, with a headrest, so it should be fairly comfortable to sit or lay on.

Should the synth choose to get on it, the stretcher is set at a height that should make it easy enough to do so.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She covers up the 1 and taps the Eo again, indicating that she doesn't care about the number. Eo climbs into the stretcher, laying back with a little sigh.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

[Riss' Quarters]

"At the least? I'd estimate a week. And because of what it is, a week and a half more so as to reach active capacity in your bloodstream. Most other enhancements don't have that kind of start-up time but that's because they usually don't need to maintain such a high presence given that they work on a site by site basis rather than saturation. The restorative colony you have is a sort of cross between the two as it has a higher concentration that most in case of multiple injuries. However, to combat the time needed to take full effect, part of what you drank was a temporary booster colony which will be fully supplanted by the colony your enhancements will produce in a month or so." Riss said, taking a moment to sample the fragrance of the flower.

Tapping a finger lightly on Misha's skin, the muse began wondering if she should try to teach her Morse code at some point. It had rather situational usage but it might be fun to be able to talk without, well, talking.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-07-30 at 07:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maera's]
    She covers up the 1 and taps the Eo again, indicating that she doesn't care about the number. Eo climbs into the stretcher, laying back with a little sigh.

[Maera's]

And, without further ado, she'll be floated into the building proper, through a short stretch of hallway, and from there to a diagnostic room, where Maera slips on a helmet of some sort, and, if allowed, begins to run a scanner of some sort that's attached to it over Eo; the synth's injuries may be fairly obvious, but the clock-eyed woman's not going to discount the possibility of her having others that are harder to see.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    To make it easier to observe her damage, the synth removes her tank top and pants; thankfully, she seems fine beyond her damaged leg, arm, throat, and face---the pregnancy seems to be going fairly well.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show