New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maera's]

Well, that's good. What sort of repairs/treatment would seem to be necessary? The scan should be able to get a fairly good look at her internal structure, if it matters.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Inside, she's fairly similar to a human, though everything is a synthetic version of what you would normally find and some parts are more mechanical than organ-like.
    Her arm and face just need skin on them; her leg needs that as well as some mechanical repairs. Her voicebox, however, may be permanently damaged and at best will take multiple instances of work on it to fix.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

"At the least? I'd estimate a week. And because of what it is, a week and a half more so as to reach active capacity in your bloodstream. Most other enhancements don't have that kind of start-up time but that's because they usually don't need to maintain such a high presence given that they work on a site by site basis rather than saturation. The restorative colony you have is a sort of cross between the two as it has a higher concentration that most in case of multiple injuries. However, to combat the time needed to take full effect, part of what you drank was a temporary booster colony which will be fully supplanted by the colony your enhancements will produce in a month or so." Riss said, taking a moment to sample the fragrance of the flower.

Tapping a finger lightly on Misha's skin, the muse began wondering if she should try to teach her Morse code at some point. It had rather situational usage but it might be fun to be able to talk without, well, talking.
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi continues thinking. A week of being sick... Oh man, that would feel like foreeeeever. Unless... "You'd spend time with me when I'm stuck lying around, right?" If Riss would be off traipsing around with Misha the whole time, it'd be completely unbearable, but if Riss were around some of the time, she could get through it.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"Well, the good news is that most of the damage is fairly superficial, or at least easily fixed. But your voicebox is in bad shape; at best, it'll take a lot of work over quite a while to get it working again, and it might be too messed up for that to do it, in which case, I'll try to make a replacement for you, though I can't promise anything,"
    Maera says, slipping the helmet/scanner off, and replacing it on the wall. "Do I need to replicate your skin, or will a standard two-layer replacement work?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She holds up two fingers, indicating that the second option is fine.
    Eo's hand strays to her belly; she looks at it, then at Maera questioningly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera smiles reassuringly at Eo, and nods, going to float her back into the hall.

"The baby's fine. Your pregnancy is going quite well, from what I saw."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She smiles, reassured, and sits up a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"Do you have any problems with anesthetics?, so far as you know?"
    , Maera inquires, floating Eo into what appears to be an operating room of some sort.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She shakes her head after a moment of thought.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"Then would you prefer to be fully out while I do the grafts, or just have the areas I'm going to be working on numbed?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-30 at 11:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She nods at the second option, seemingly looking forward to no longer limping around with her skin off and ragged, half-wearable clothes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yes.. Yes I would." Riss answered with hardly a moment lost. "Though, on a similar subject... Maybe after I'm done with a few things that need attention, might you possibly want to spend a day out doing something? I mean, I've kinda been neglecting you and I'd like to make that up to you if possible." the muse said, finally voicing something that had been on her mind for some time now. If she judged the pixie correctly, though, then she would have just enough time to lean forward a bit and squeeze Misha's hand for a brief moment before backing up.

"Though, I'd personally suggest that you wait for a while before getting anything new put into your system. I'd like to make sure you're acclimated and to keep any undue stress off of you that back to back sessions would involve" the muse said, continuing with her earlier explanation.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera pulls several transparent orbs filled with something which looks like green mist off a nearby shelf, and sets one of them on the part of Eo's face that's damaged, the other on her injured hand, and the third on the knee of her damaged leg; once on, the globes mold themselves to the synth's body, the portion that would be against her skin vanishing as they do, and the patches they cover should quickly go numb, except for a pleasant coolness.

"Is it working?"

Assuming the answer is affirmative, she begins to carefully manipulate the spheres with a small rod of some sort, slowly shaping them to just beyond the edges of each injury, starting with the one on Eo's face, and then moving on to the others, in the same order they were listed before.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

((*neatly ties continuity together*))

Mimi's eyes light up. "Yes, yes definitely. I'd love to." She says, grinning hugely. She's so excited that Riss squeezing Misha's hand doesn't bother her in the least. "I can wait for that stuff. Definitely till after our day out."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She nods and will be still and quiet while Maera starts working, smiling a little bit, with her uninjured hand on her belly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

[Riss' Quarters]

A somewhat sedate smile crossed the muse's face as she tried to stifle a yawn. Failing spectacularly, she simply shrugged and said, "Well, I'll need about five days to be sure but I promise it'll be then, alright? There is someone I want to meet who knows about magic but, after that, whatever happens will be up to you. That sound fine?" Another short yawn only just managed to be stopped but Riss felt that the hints her mind was giving her were blatant enough now. Though she had slept some earlier, it hadn't exactly been a long or particularly rejuvinative sleep even if it had been restful.

"...Mmm... I think I'm just gonna curl up here, to be honest." she said as she removed her shoes and tossed them near the door. Reaching for the first button of her shirt, though, she paused and aimed a questioning expression at the pixie. "Erm.. Due to some old habits, I tend to, well, sleep unclothed when in a bed or something similar." Because days of sleeping in an environmental suit is not really sleep at all. "Would that bother you or should I just stop being lazy and get up?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera seems quite pleased with Eo's stillness, and, once the entirety of where she'll be working on is numbed, begins grafting the new skin onto the synth's face and arm, and then, assuming that goes smoothly, making the necessary repairs to her leg.

The new skin is probably somewhat different than what Eo started out with; while it mimics human skin pretty much perfectly, and matches her skin tone, it's made in two layers, and the layer responsible for its appearance doesn't graft to her, only the one that that attaches to, which means that she can get tattoos, piercings, etc. in/on it, and simply replace the upper layer if she wants to remove them.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Eventually, she is fixed! When it's okay to do so, she sits up, smiling and feeling her new skin; she's clearly thankful.
    She's still mute and nude, but those are more manageable problems.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera returns her smile, and starts to head out the door.

"Come on. Let's go get you some clothes. I think I have some stuff in your size at the house, and it's not like there's going to be anyone else around there."

If Eo follows her, they'll end up back in the vehicle bay.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    The synth-woman follows after her with a bit of spring in her step, clearly enjoying her fixed leg. She smiles, stretching a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi's eyes go as wide as (miniature) saucers. "No! No, that's completely fine." She tries not to sound eager, but such a feat is beyond her. "I don't care about nakedness at all."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

"It's only about a five minute walk to the house from here, so do you want to just do that, or take the bike?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-31 at 12:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    She taps her leg, indicating that she's fine with walking; she's put her socks and boots back on, but that's all.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Presumably, then, the pair head off; Maera has a fairly nice house, and will lead Eo upstairs, where she proceeds to start picking through the closet and various dressers for things that will fit the synth, eventually, unless interrupted, finding clothes that should be at least fairly close to her size of pretty much any type that she might want.

25. - Top - End - #205

[Riss' Quarters]

It was about then that the hints Riss' subconscious had been feeding her came to the forefront of her mind. ...Huh. Well alright then. She did pause for a moment longer than she likely should have although Mimi might feel that it was due to her possibly appearing too eager. Still, it ultimately didn't stop her although she would wind up using her shirt as a makeshift covering in the end.

"Um.. Don't worry about bothering me, though. I've had to sleep in some fairly noisy environments and... Actually, come to think of it, it might be easier to fall asleep to because I'm used to it. Anyway, I'm just trying to say you don't need to try and make concessions if you and Misha want to talk for a while." she said as she pulled a pillow over to support her head. ...I have to wonder, though. I think at least Misha is more aware of this kind of thing than I am so... I mean, it's one thing to know something but another entirely to realize it. Still.. How is this going to work out, I wonder? Something to think about, at least...

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Maera's]

Presumably, then, the pair head off; Maera has a fairly nice house, and will lead Eo upstairs, where she proceeds to start picking through the closet and various dressers for things that will fit the synth, eventually, unless interrupted, finding clothes that should be at least fairly close to her size of pretty much any type that she might want.
    Eventually, Eo has picked out an orange top, pebble jeans, and brown street shoes; she smiles thankfully, hand on her belly as usual.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi can't help but ogle Riss when she gets a glimpse or two as she's removing her top. When she realizes that she's staring, she has the decency to blush and look away. Whoops. =x

"Lemme get that flower for you." She tries to scoop it up and place it somewhere nice. She hovers back over. "Okay, Riss. Have a good sleep." Mimi only now glances at Misha to see what she makes of all this.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Eventually, Eo has picked out an orange top, pebble jeans, and brown street shoes; she smiles thankfully, hand on her belly as usual.
    Maera gives her a warm smile in return.

"You up for some food, or anything like that?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[MAera's]
    Eo nods... and deadtimes until tomorrow.
    Today.
    When I wake up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi can't help but ogle Riss when she gets a glimpse or two as she's removing her top. When she realizes that she's staring, she has the decency to blush and look away. Whoops. =x

"Lemme get that flower for you." She tries to scoop it up and place it somewhere nice. She hovers back over. "Okay, Riss. Have a good sleep." Mimi only now glances at Misha to see what she makes of all this.
    Riss' Quarters

Misha is unabashedly giggling behind a hand at the pixie's expressions, having been watching covertly from he place next to Riss during the exchange.

"So, a full day out with Riss all to yourself? Hope you have fun with that. You know, the first time I got her alone and outside, she finally got comfortable with touching me. Maybe you'll have the same luck?" She avoids any obvious teasing, instead stretching out languidly under Mimi's gaze.

It's always nice to be gawked at. Lets her know she hasn't lost her touch. Although, she suspects Mimi will be watching Riss all the way through the night rather than paying Misha any attention apart from talking to her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.