New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The Representative smiles. "I did not state my own opinion. An Aristocracy is not the government the Wren seeks. However. the bias in this Council is clear. "

"And as I said, I do not vote."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Bloodhaven Hospital
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, if you just need enough goods to decorate a hospital (and its workers), as well as some street flags, I can probably do that with +++ Wealth.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

"No. Unless someone has an alternative, we should not vote on the issue. We will only waste time if we reject the idea without having something to take it's place. The city must have Order. We can't reject our only option and hope for something better to come along."

"Does anyone have a better suggestion than the provisional council?"

To the Heladuit Court [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'd like to talk in private, if you will."

To House Wallen [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

To the Wardens: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-04 at 02:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364

I'm sorry, there seems to be confusion. The vote to create a government. Council has passed; I meant vote on the nominations.

Does no one respect their elders anymore?

To Champs of Sov.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-04 at 05:18 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, if you have the time to send someone trustworthy our way - our people are quite busy with the war, after all.

OOC: I can't spare a VIP for a PM conversation right now, so if it's critical just send me a message with one of yours.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #366

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you are wellcome to the Manor anytime

To the Gentlemen's Society
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could we have a PM next turn? I have some things to discuss with you.

"Well, to be honest, I thought we were just discussing the nominations for Council posts.
    I understood what you meant, I don't know why were you misinterpretated.

I didn't think there were any more ideas, save for the Anarchist's proposal. If the meeting wants to vote for that as an alternative for the Council, I will not object.
    I vote against it, though."

(He looks at the anarchist representatives)

"No offense, guys."

"And, for the record, if my party gets chosen, we will open dialogue lines with the Old Houses, since we mean to represent nobility through this.
    As they undoubtly would do, should the positions be changed."

"We vote for the Champions, the Wardens, the Doctor, the Ram, the Merchants and the EBSA for Council.
    We won't vote for ourselves; as we believe that no candidates should vote for themselves.

Are there any more nominees? Or have we reached an agreement?"
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-04 at 05:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

"Personally I'm not quite sure that the Bureaucracy should be given a spot within the government itself. They're meant to be concerned with advising on and implementing policies, after all, not deciding them. But if everyone else is fine with it, then I suppose it's fine as a temporary measure."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #368

Heladuit Court

Def Esp: 4

To Champions of Sovereignty (PM level):
    Spoiler
    Show

Javier Heladuit, the master of finances of the Heladuit Court, arrives to meet (King James, I assume?). Almost expressionless, he speaks in flat tones, "Speak your piece."

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

"I see the EBSA's role in this council not as the voice of the new government, but as the voice of the last. I feel that the EBSA, with it's no doubt immense documentation of the rule of the city, can help us ensure that despite our own changes to the city, that we can keep as much of what makes our city unique in it. I do not want to bring a new culture into the world, simple shape our own, and the EBSA is a source of information on our current laws and customs. Not to mention that, since you called this meeting, as well as currently have the main governmental buildings, I think it would be strange NOT to include you."

"In addition, the Revolution will support the current choice of council members."

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

i approve of all the current council nominees

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Heladuit Court [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This... provisional council will not prove effective. I will do what I can, but their are too many leaders, and they are being chosen by popular opinion, but ability."

"When order is restored, and the council dissolves, I will see that monarchy is restored to the city. I am gathering allies for that purpose. Two of the major factions in this city have already sworn me their allegiance.

"I would like to propose a merger of our royal lines. If you will, I will marry one of the daughters of the Heladuit family, and our royal families will become one. We will rise to the throne together, and rule this great city as it should be ruled."

"I am of course willing to offer your family other titles and power as well, in exchange for your loyalty. What do you desire?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-06 at 05:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372

NinjaGuy

Lord Wallen nodded, as everyone gave their vote.

"Good, it looks like we might get somewhere."

"Milords, when this is over, we are going to call all the Councils and choose a representative right away. We should have someone ready tomorrow."

To the Champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the meeting was over, Lord Wallen aproached James.

"Let us go in my carriage, we have some things to discuss. Your guards can go behind us, we'll go to my anor and you can make your way back from there."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume this PM counts as next turn actions.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-08-05 at 10:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed, there is much to discuss."

King James smiles, following Lord Wallen into the carriage, his short stature obvious as he has momentary difficulty climbing up the steps. He sits on the plush seats, thinking silently for a moment before he begins;

"This ...council is a good move, Perhaps the best we could do in such short notice. But it can not last. It may yet last until order is restored to the city, but it must be replaced in the end."

"Democracy will not work. It changes too quickly, makes decisions too slowly, appoints men based on popularity rather than ability, buys power with money, and relies on a populace who are too easily misinformed and tricked. The city needs one ruler, strong and benevolent. I would see that it is me."

"I have spoken to the Wren and Wardens just this week, and acquired their promise of support for the throne. I am negotiating with the Heladuit Court to merge our royal lines and acquire the support of the old nobility. What must I promise you, to acquire the support of your house, and your allies?"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Meeting

Dekan stands "Excellent. The EBSA representative will be Chief Consul Blizzardmarch, as his encyclopedic knowledge of the cities laws and history should be able to facilitate the council's endeavors to create order" he nods "Stay safe my friends"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #375

NinjaGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignity [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, the Council is thought as a temporary measure. Of course it won't last. I don't even know if we'll be effective. We are too many. But it was impossible to make it any other way.

We are going to have a long discussion tomorrow, regarding the threats and the first moves we'll have to make."

"About our support to your rule; I have only two questions:

First; what kind of monarchy are you aiming for? Absolute, Aristochratic, or Constitutional?

Second; what is the place of the small noble houses in it?

You see, it's not a matter of promises. Promises can be made and broken.
    It's about what you think. I'm trying to see what kind of a ruler you would be. Based on that, I'll discuss it with the Party."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll clarify:
    Absolute: Louis XIV. "I am the state"
    Aristhocratic: The King is the First Amongst Equals, and has a Council of Nobles that helps him make decissions.
    Constitutional: Think the british way. Parliament formed by nobles and peasants (More power for the nobls though); headed by the King and the PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Esoteric Society of Gentleman explorers
    Safe? Hah! That'd be all too dull. I plan on nothing of the sort.

I hope you realize how much we old nobility houses are giving up for a stable government.

The Champs of sovereignty [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What did you want again? I was waiting for you to contact me, but it seems you didn't want to take the effort of moving from your throne. Not that I blame you; they are quite comfortable.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-05 at 10:22 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

"You are giving up less than the peasants have during the centuries of totalitarianism. We could take your property, freedom, and wealth"

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #378

"Could you really?" said Founder, leaning foreward in his chair.
    " Hah! I admire your spirit. It's true that we're giving up a smaller percentage of what we have, but we are giving up more than any peasant ever had" he paused for moment, then continued, "At least they're represented in this new council."
    "Many of the old nobility families will be furious that I've gambled away their chance at power for a stable government. I pray I did not do so in vain. If you intend your first act to be taking rather than giving- destruction rather than creation, so be it; but what kind of precedent would that set, eh? I can only imagine where that would lead. You can't just destroy everyone who disagrees with you. Sooner or later, there must be concequences. I bid you remember this.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-05 at 11:45 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The nobility have a great deal of wisdom to share, it would be foolish of me to not given them a chance to speak it. An Aristocratic monarchy then, is what I am looking for. "

"The aristocrats as a whole will be given the power to legislate as a council, though I will retain the right to Veto. In addition individuals or noble houses will be given special authority over the nations military, economy, or civil affairs."

To the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hah. I think I'm going to like you, you're not afraid to say your opinion. It's men like that I'm going to need in my government. I'm not a perfect man. Cowards who do whatever I say without question aren't helping anyone."

"Yes, I am gathering allies to form a new government. The provisional council will never work as a proper government. It is a temporary measure to reduce the damage that chaos would bring. When it inevitably dissolves, I would see a single ruler take it's place; Myself."

"I fully intend for the aristocracy to have the power to legislate in my nation, and for noble groups or individuals to have special authority over the nations military, economy or civil affairs. Your society is a powerful one. What must I offer you to receive your support?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-06 at 05:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380

NinjaGuy

To The Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It sounds very interesting. When the time comes, I'll see that we rally behind you; as long as you give us support during counciltime.

For now, two pieces of advice:

First, beware the Old Houses. They dislike anything regarding changes, specially changes that force them to give up power. Even to you.
    You will have to prove you are the true king before they accept you. Many of them still think of you as an impostor. Worst! A peasant impostor.

And that brings me to the second point.
    "Merge" with the Heladuits "Royal line"? They are traders, your Majesty, and half of them have adopted the last name.
    Even if they had a claim (And I would advice you to make really sure they do); most nobles hate them. The Old Hoses would give the city to the Blackfists rather than having the Heladuits in charge."

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I was not aware a merger would cause so much discontent. To be honest, I do not trust them. I only wish to avoid the casualties that will result from a conflict with them, for I have little doubt they would resort to violence."

"If their support is such trouble however, than I will avoid it. I'll see what they demand for their support, and get back to you. Thank you for your advice."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-06 at 10:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    To champions of Sovereignty [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oho, so you are planning a coup. I was wondering when that'd happen.

Now, what do you want from me? Hmm... Oh-ho! You want Daisong! Yes... the seat of power in Sav Altuas- you couldn't take it, not with how far away your power base is, but with our help... yes, that might work. You remember the last bloke who claimed to be the 'true king' of Talidor, though, right? Oh, that was amusing; the sorcress squashed him like a bug. Might have a chance now she's dead, eh?

As for what I want, if you do as you say you will, you already have the support of many of the old houses. Now, politically, the Society can't really be seen to support you, but there are plans to form an official political party so that we can be seen to work together without arousing suspicion. Mostly what I want are little things- I want the University returned to it's former glory, I want running water, an opera house, a more efficient communications system. Unfortunately, we're... tied up at the moment dealing with the Librarian; that blasted fool is trying to let the Mages Ubiquitous into the city- That would be the end of us all.

All I ask for now is that we are able to keep our power should your coup succeed.
    (OOC: If we are among the last ones left, declare joint victory)

You are right about the council not lasting long- putting the Ram representative and the Blackfist representative both on the council was a masterstroke- the internal tensions will soon tear itself apart from the inside. In the meantime, I plan to make a kerfuffle about not being represented. It will be jolly good sport.

Ha, the look on lord Wallen's face! That was priceless. I bet he expects me to make a big deal of not trusting the new nobility, and how you should beware our adherance to the old-school methods, what with all of his hobnobbing with those high-fashion blokes who couldn't tell a cranequin from a windlass unless you shoved 'em up their rear. Ha! give me five minutes with a block and tackle and I'm sure they'd learn a thing or two about anatomy, pardoning your company, of course.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-08-06 at 10:43 AM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turn 3 Results
    August, 1032 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    News You Love about the People You Hate

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

What follows is the month's contents of the Standard, summarized in reports on your desk, with occasional excerpts included for context.

Rumor has it that the Mercantile's Guild has received a generous loan from the Illarym Trade Ministry, in return for promising to reduce bandit activity along the Empire's Altulan trade routes.

New Drover's Associations have been formed in Stockyards Deep. It is said that they are staffed by and completely loyal to the Mercantile's Guild.

The Gear's Chosen are rumored to be building some sort of war machine to persecute their holy war across the city.

A massive final push in White Market by the Wardens, with support from the Technists Guild, sees Embler's Men routed and Embler himself killed.

The Blackfist Brotherhood is holding a rally of some kind in the Harrowing Fields. Citizens across the city are disappointed at the halting of the bloody games.

The Technists Guild has opened a new school in Gaspar's Folly, hoping to teach engineering to the people there.

Doctor Vassari has announced that he has successfully purified the water in the Bunkers neighborhood, after holding a ceremony to prove its cleanliness and posting a certificate saying that he had done so.

Doctor Vassari is issuing medical certifications to doctors across the city, requiring that certified physicians pass a basic competence test before receiving one. Quack doctors across the city are declaiming the certificates as useless, and possibly dangerous, but the people of the city are quickly accepting them as the true mark of a competent medical man.

The current lady of House Beteoui, Isabella Erhest Beteoui III, has been spending so much time at social events with Lord Henry Wallen that many are starting to view her as part of his family.

The Militia of Order and Justice, working with the Champions of Sovereignty, have swept the gangs from the Mains as though they were never there.

It is well-known that the demons that used to haunt the Fractures Underground have finally been cleared out by the Militia of Order and Justice, who are currently rebuilding the neighborhood into something like it was before it was almost destroyed in the long-ago Godsfear Quake.

The Fist of Neposh is striking at unbelievers in Lead Ferrow. Those machine-cults that remain have banded together to form the Esoteric Order of Uncorrupted Designs, swearing to resist false gods of flesh to their dying breath.

The Blackjack Boys are now, functionally speaking, an arm of the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers, from whom they receive most of their funding.

The remnants of the Blessed Mad have been tracked down and slain by the Order of the Wren, at long last putting and end to that cult of degenerate murderers.

A new Bloodhaven clinic, funded by Bloodhaven, the Champions of Sovereignty and the Order of the Wren, has opened in the Tragic Court, serving the locals in much the same way as the main Hospital.

While Champion forces are off fighting in the Mains, the Vilenus Tong strikes back at the people who took Resseville from them. Supporters of the Champions are found drowned in the river, feet held above water by blocks of ice. Those that they don’t wish to make an example of simply have their throats cut. Slowly, bit by bit, the Tong begins reestablishing control over their old territory, telling the people that the Champions cannot protect them, that soon the frost will return.

The Cult of the Librarian is currently coming out on top of the mess of fighting religions in Dogma, merely based on the powerful magic they have access to.

The damage dealt to Southside Black from the magical battle between the Librarian of the Elements and Silas Mok has been repaired by the Librarian's magic, as well as a small amount of coin.

The Legion gangs of Imperial Third have taken up the flag of the Ram Revolution.

Rot's Borough has seen a lot of public works of late, vastly improving the neighborhood--especially when compared to the rest of Runner's City.

The EBSA has set up checkpoints and banners around Daisong Palace, turning the curious away with the statement that they are clearing the evil of the old administration out to allow the new government a clean start.

EBSA field offices open in Heartsblood, Mewlings, Scholar's Compass and Guild Row (OOC NOTE: You will find them marked on the map in the OOC thread).

Heladuit Court troops led personally by Marcus Heladuit move into Dappled Court after Marcus swears vengeance for repeated insults to his sister. The attack takes the so-called Archer Houses by surprise, an advantage that quickly vanishes as the locals use their knowledge of the terrain and their archery expertise to their advantage. This invasion has stalled efforts by the Silversmith's Guild to open new shops in the Court and expand their influence in the area.

It is well-known by pretty much everyone except the people involved that all of the various conspiracies in the Golden Pave are now conspiring against each other on behalf of the Heladuit Court.

Rumors that Deplorian plans to move his local office to another neighborhood or even another city in the Shattered Lands are circulating in White Market. If left unchecked, or (potentially worse) if confirmed, this could cause the economy in that neighborhood to crash, affecting the rest of the district and potentially the rest of the city.

It is said that a badly burned man wearing similar clothing to Wyat Embler died in intensive care at Bloodhaven Hospital after having being brought in by cloaked figures bearing strange weapons and equipment.

Head Warden Malcolm Exarn leads his remaining prison guards and riot mages from their siege conditions in the Harrowing Fields. They are escorted from the area by Blackfist insurgents, and once clear of Deadman Hill move quickly to Imperial First to join with the Wardens.

The Peacocks now control the opium trade in Elfwatch.

The various gangs, cults, witches and other assorted riffraff of Old Jack's Run have banded together to form a loose confederation that they are calling the Worldbreakers, after one of the nicknames given to the mad archmage Old Jack. Reports are circulated that they have hired Laheim to halt an intrusion into their neighborhood by the Redcap gang of Little Zanchar.

The Market Guard of Little Zanchar has uncovered a Redcap informant in their midst. The following crackdown on gang activities is proceeding much better than previous attempts in a similar vein.

It is rumored that House Matoff is gathering old noble houses in Lodstrom to form an opposition party to House Wallen's reigning Party.

It is said that one of the chief agents of Lucas Deplorian, so-called Tinker-King of Veras, has arrived in the city to deal with the aftermath of the situation in White Market.

Rumors of a master counterfeiter at large somewhere in the city are unconfirmed at this time.

On Hallowed Ground
    Spoiler
    Show

The Bleak Cathedral is, above all else, a maze. At one point in the past its vast, vaulted halls might have been open and spacious, but centuries of collected artifacts and shrines have turned the main floor into a warren. Lines of statues separate one small chapel from the next venerated shrine, which is built above the skeletal remains of an even older holy spot. Thin trains of cowled figures snake their winding ways among the statues, incense from their censers filling the air.

And everywhere here, every place that a foot might come down, are the graves.

From ancient days until now burial in the Bleak Cathedral has always been considered the highest honor that could be given to the deceased. Some holy bones were laid in coffins in the center of shrines dedicated to their rest, but most were interred under the floor. It is impossible to walk through the Cathedral without stepping over and on dozens of bodies, marked with slabs of stone on the floor. This one is ancient granite, with a faded inscription: “Here lies Antimus Poetican, who Broke the Maltin Charge at the River’s Gate, forever remembered as a Hero to his People.” The next is white marble, with the simple words “Princess Menses. May she find in death the peace that eluded us all in life.” And the one after that is an unknown black stone, marked only with a crescent moon. And after that, dozens, hundreds, thousands more, filling every narrow passage between the statues and every crypt and every choir room, everywhere are the stones and the inscriptions and the slumbering dead…

Can you hear them? You who heal the wounds of the living, giving sight to the blind and ears to the deaf, tell me; can you hear the dreams of these honored dead?

Mail and Behind-The-Scenes

Mages Ubiquitous to Librarian of the Elements (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

That would be...excellent. We thank you for this kind and generous offer.

Gerald Neilson to Wardens (ESP-D 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please desist in all attempts to seize control of the warehouses along Tumbler Avenue. These buildings contain material that is owned by Lucas Deplorian, and which was being shipped through our Altulan office at the time when Mr. Embler ceased conducting trade for us and focused all of his attention on his war with your organization. It is my understanding that your feud with Mr. Embler was with him and him alone, and though I do not pretend to understand the situation that led to its escalation I am adamant in informing you that it ends here. Mr. Embler is dead, as are most of the men he hired to assist him in his duties here. You have seized property that had been set aside for Mr. Embler’s use, which is not our concern, but you will not take the property of my employer that he was charged with guarding.

We will very shortly be moving the contents of those warehouses out of the city, in order to resume their travels to their originally intended destinations. These shipments have already been delayed nearly three months, and I will not allow them to languish in Sav Altulas further. As is, I already expect to spend more time than I would like in the Shattered Lands explaining to clients why their shipments are late, or, having been lost during this ridiculous little war, nonexistent. You, sir or madam, have been causing a bottleneck in our northern shipping operations, delaying activities both in Sav Altulas and elsewhere. Any further operations that serve to delay our shipping arrangements will be removed with extreme prejudice. This will be your first, final and only warning.

Regards,

Gerald Neilson
    Executive Assistant to Lucas Deplorian

Imperial Trade Ministry to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir.

In the caravan accompanying this letter, you will find the agreed-upon amount for the loan we are offering you. Please remember that we will be expecting repayment in full, as well as progress in the issues we discussed earlier.

We have provided the caravan master with a document for you to sign to claim your coin.

Regards,

Minister Moth
    Imperial Trade and Commerce

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Skeeve Redeye: Poisoner, serial killer, alchemist, dollmaker and rumored demon.
    2 from Agia Lonecutter, 6 from Illarym Empire (up 1 from last month)

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Technist Press: 4 to anyone who destroys the press blueprints designed by the Technists Guild.
    Posted by Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    1 from Doctor Vassari

Turn 4 Begins
    November, 1032 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gerard Neilson
    Spoiler
    Show

We have no dispute with you. Our attacks were committed under the assumption that your men were a remnant of Embler's.

In fact, we would be willing to continue hosting your operation as it was before, but with much increased operational security considering our certainly more powerful military strength and our political ties within the city. Sav Altulas is, strategically speaking, by far the best location within the Shattered Lands, and we intend to put a stop to the chaos in the city in short order.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 4

To Champions of Sovereignty (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show

"I do believe the ineffectiveness of the proposed government was a focal point of Markus's speech at that meeting. Forgive me for being unsure, as I was not there to hear it. I was told that his words were poorly received, thus I am surprised that you request his aid.

I cannot surely say what Markus himself would say to this, but I cannot let him deny assistance when it is so needed. If he is going to make enemies, I will try and find him friends. I accept your offer of alliance, but I cannot guarantee a marriage. If you wish to bind our lines, the female Heladuit closest to Markus is his sister Meredia. Markus would not dare to marry her off, however. He loves her too much to use her as a tool. I say this is all seriousnesss: you may need to woo her.

If you are uninterested in this arrangement, possibly a less prominent marriage could be arranged. Furthermore, I know that Markus himself wishes to be King, but us in his family understand that he cannot be given everything he wants, it would be disastrous for many. I might be able to convince him to take another position in the monarchy, if you have an offer. I can tell you there is no better tailor in the city, and he is at least competent in many other trades. What position can you offer?"

To Bloodhaven Hospital:
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you find the garments of suitable quality and quantity? Furthermore, do you need any specific garments of a sort of magical variety?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386

To lord Matoff [4, I think]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Sir,
    I have heard that you are forming a political party to oppose House Wallen's new-fangled political shenannigans, and would like to offer my support. Many of the old nobility families in Old Face and Risen Court also share similar views on the matter.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA Esp Def 5

The Provisional Council Members
    Spoiler
    Show
    Council,

The EBSA has recently set up a defensive perimeter around the Daisong Palace, ruling place of the Sorceress and the governments that came before. It is the EBSA's belief that if this new government is to have any sort of legitimacy, then we must take the symbols of the old government and forge them anew. This must start with Daisong Palace.

We propose a joint entry into the Palace to deal with its chaotic imbalances, which will give the three fold benefit of looking out for the people, dealing with a very dangerous source of unrest, and aquire a powerful symbol for the government.

Chief Consul Blizzardmarch

Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    To grow in usefulness, the EBSA must have access to the various neighborhoods of the city. Would you allow us to establish field offices in The Pews and Orn Totre? In return the staff members working in the offices will be able to answer any legal questions you may have, and advise you accordingly.

Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand that your faction must be experiencing consternation with the current bounty on your presses. Is there a chance that you could reach a settlement with the Bookbinders, as we consider them excellent friends. If not, we shall have to meet with the Bookbinders to discuss ways to end this feud without destruction of life or property.

Bookbinders Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand your feelings towards rival presses in the city, but you must understand that this is a very dangerous time. Posting bounties against other factions, especially powerful scientists, cannot be taken lightly as you may stir up a hornets nest. We suggest two solutions- ask for a commission (very small) on every printing press built outside your control due to patent rights and focus on a vicious advertising campaign. Use the fact that you are known among the populace for quality for your advantage instead of possibly sparking a conflict that could end in bloodshed.

Helduit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA wishes to be of use to the people of the city, from peasent to noble in the best way we can. To fully utilize this, we are creating a network of field offices to work from, increasing lines of communication for the best possible results.

Do you have any objections to an office in the Tailorways?

Lord Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are trying to extend lines of communication and reestablish old and fractured lines of the Bureaucracy throughout the city. To do this we are setting up Field Offices throughout the surrounding districts. Would you be opposed to offices being set up in Lodstrom and Gleamers?

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA wishes to be of use to the people of the city, from peasent to noble in the best way we can. To fully utilize this, we are creating a network of field offices to work from, increasing lines of communication for the best possible results.

Do you have any objections to offices in the Old Face and Risen Courts districts?

Librarian of Elements
    Spoiler
    Show
    Librarian,

We have three issues to discuss with you. First, is we are trying to extend lines of communication and reestablish old and fractured lines of the Bureaucracy throughout the city. To do this we are setting up Field Offices throughout the surrounding districts. Would you be opposed to offices being set up in Dogma?

Second, we have recently been attempting to establish influence within Scholar's Compass and heard that you had some recent difficulties. Is this perhaps something that we can work togethor on defeating?

Third, we have recently began to attempt to clear out Daisong Palace. Our mages tell us it is extremely volitile due to the number of spells the Sorceress had woven throughout the place. We could use some aid in clearing that place of evil.

Interested?

Chief of Staff Dekan O'vail

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard of your recent efforts to notorize the cities medical personnel, and greatly approve. We offer any help we can, including perhaps helping administer written parts of the exam at EBSA Field Offices, that could help you in this noble goal.

Second, we are expanding our lines of communications with the different districts of the city to better keep the whole community running smoothly. Would you have an objection to EBSA Field Offices in Elfwatch and the Painted Court?

Silverthrain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silver Blood Gentleman’s Association and the Evening Games Club,

We at the EBSA are trying to extend lines of communication and reestablish old and fractured lines of the Bureaucracy throughout the city. To do this we are setting up Field Offices throughout the surrounding districts. Would you be opposed to offices being set up in your fine district?

Our offices would always be open if legal consultation or advice is needed.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2012-08-07 at 12:23 AM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

Mercantile Guild, Silversmith Guild, Heladuit Court, Technist Guild

A message arrives, inviting representatives of the respective organizations to dine with Dr. Vassari in a restaurant in the Little Zanchar and discuss issues of trade and profit.

Zanchar Market Guard Captain

Vassari spoke to the man, during his most recent visit: ''I’ll be talking with several important city leaders, about issues concerning the development of the neighborhood. I hope you will see to it, that there are no disturbances.''

The Redcap Gang was mostly wiped out, but there probably still were a couple stragglers who could ruin the dinner atmosphere.

Factory Managers (Fat Tippest) [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Vassari arrived to the Fat Tippest, after arranging a meeting with several community leaders:

''I would like to discuss your current situation. Most of the Smokeyards are already controlled by United Alliance of Labor, Anarchists and Technists Guild. The UAL and Anarchists are rather biased in favour of worker’s right and I expect them to be rather unsympathetic to the management. The first will try to replace you with their cronies, the second will try to simply remove you.''

''Your best chance to keep your jobs and probably heads would be to earn the support of factory workers now and make sure they are disinclined to pursue violent changes.''

''I’m planning to assist the Smokeyards by reducing the amount of accidents and adressing the issue of pollution. I’m even prepared to pay out of my pocket to the Technist Guild, to conduct inspections and work out safety regulations that would both reduce the number of accidents and have the least negative impact on factories profits.''

''I want you to support these efforts – see that safety regulations are implemented and the number of accidents is reduced. This will send a powerful message to the workers that the city officials, such as me, are working to improve their situation, so they don’t need to resort to violence against their management to improve their lot.''

Technists Guild/GM [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to commission you to develop a report on what safety regulations can be in the Smokeyards factories. I hope to strike a good balance between profitability and reducing accidents. My own expertise in workings of machinery is unfortunately lacking, so I was hoping to borrow your skills.''

[I expect that drafting a proposal like that would be a MOR action. I’ll be willing to supply WEL or MAG as payment.]

EBSA [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would see about moving the examinations to your Offices and I have no trouble with you establishing your offices in Painted Court and Elfwatch, although you should probably make a request to the Peacocks as well. They can be very touchy, if they feel, they are being disrespected.''

Melissa Blaine, Bloodhaven Hospital

She administered morphine to the charred man, lying on the hospital bed. At this point, the best thing she could do was to ease his suffering. She wished Dr. Vassari was at the hospital at the moment. He was a brilliant doctor, perhaps he could have given this patient a chance. But he was often away on some business lately. The man’s breathing stopped. At this point it was a relief. She went to the man’s associates to inform them of his passing. Two burly men – Eric and Donahue followed her. There have been a number of gang members, recovering in the hospital and on several occasions, they have gone for each other’s throats. One of the nurses was injured, when she tried to break up their fighting, after which the hospital orderlies, former gang members themselves, before Doctor Vassari recruited them, became much more serious about security. She didn’t expect trouble from this particular group. Indeed, they simply passed a small payment for the services rendered and disappeared into the night.

Melissa Blaine, Clinic in Tragic Court

She has surveyed her new domain, smiling to the personnel, listening about the condition of the patients and exchanging a few words with a representative of the Wren, who seemed to be providing security to the clinic.

Most of the patients were suffering from acute hypothermia, victims of the Tong’s criminal syndicate. Fire and ice. She mentally composed a letter to
    Dr. Vassari for funds to establish a ward to treat both burns and extreme cold. Then paused, considering, where the money for this was going to come from. Many in the city have proven to be extremely generous, but even their pockets wouldn’t be bottomless.

Her cabinet was small, but it was hers. She started unpacking by hanging her doctor’s certificate on the wall.

Dr. Vassari, Fatty Piglets Tavern (Frostcap)

Vassari was sampling the thick brew that the old woman brought to him. It was rather well cooked. Perhaps well enough for him to pay a second visit. He pulled the small glass bottle, containing one of the vilest poisons he’s seen in ages, to his eye. Perhaps that was worth investigating.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren Esp-D 5

Lack's Own

After the battle, they made a great pyre of the dead. Those who died in service of the Wren and justice, at least. They were burned in the ruins of the Sanctuary of the Mad, where the road dipped. At least they would know they died with the last of the Blessed Mad, and freed this neighbourhood from tyranny.

The Blessed Mad were dissolved in their own acid, and the bones left to moulder in the streets. The Wren had no time for the last rites of serial killers.

To the Ram Revolution [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know you sent your spies exploring my neighbourhoods. Consider their lives my gift to you. I will be merciful this time. The Order have no plans to attack the Ram. Do not make us reconsider this judgement.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Colossus in the Playground

You want blood? Come and get it!

The speaker pauses for a second, for effect, lowering his speaking tube.

"Yes, you heard me. It was tradition in this city for prisoners to fight for your amusement. To tear each other apart. But consider this. Who were those prisoners?"

"They were you, Sav Altulas. Citizens like you. Factory workers. Bakers. Cobblers. Family men. What was their crime? They could not pay their taxes. They stole to feed their families. They expressed their opinions against the government."

"We will no longer force anyone to fight. But we will open the arena, five days of every week. We invite you to come in. If you want to see blood, fight for yourself. This city needs a space where violent conflicts can be resolved without collateral damage, and this arena will be it."

"Now to the second part of this announcement. The other two days. The Blackfist Brotherhood is reviving a tradition. You wanted blood sports. We give you blood sports. Football."

"You know Football. It has been placed since before the city stood. You know the rules. Two teams, fifty men, two posts, one ball, no weapons longer than six inches."

"From next weekend, we are starting the Blackfist League. Every district, every gang, every family may enter a team. Send us a message, we'll put you in the list. Show Sav Altulas what your gang can do."
    Resident Vancian Apologist