Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Blackfist to Ram [9]

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, what did you think would happen if you supported someone calling themselves "King"? Anyone giving themselves that title can not be trusted and will certainly not form any kind of lasting, real democracy.

If you haven't been won over completely, there still other options open. More than enough factions are fed up with the so-called "King" and his nobles. If you want to know more about the King's plans and what could be done against it, perhaps we should have a meeting.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

To Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    More then fair, yes.

to Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm waiting for some reports on how expensive wiring should be to extend (i.e. waiting for GM response), but ideally we'll have wires running to Rots Borough and will have started work by the end of the month.

As I've said before, we'd be happy to help you in anything you require support with, especially in the political arena. You only need to ask
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Gears:
    Spoiler
    Show

excellent! We will let you know if anything comes up, though from the looks of the current political arena, the explosions may inform you quicker than we could.

Blackfists:
    Spoiler
    Show

I never thought I would write these words, but: When and can we meet? Preferably somewhere private and neutral. talking to you doesn't mean I trust you.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen 8

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough. Well, the 2 Mil and the Gilded Pyramid are at your disposal if you have another use for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #1295

Blackfist to the Ram [9]

Spoiler
    Show
    We always thought of the public as the most secretive of places, but your people are rather well known, so we understand. We know a certain bar between Imperial Third and the Factories that has a cellar for meetings.Come there. Bring whatever security you think is necessary. We might bring another faction leader or two.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Militia to Church of Neposh (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

No, in the end I can see no problems with that proposal. At the very least it would allow us to move more openly against the Empty Blood Gang in Annosus, which is a well-known boil on the face of the city.

House Laurier to House Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Most excellent. I see no problem at all with allowing your party houses into Lomb Circle. In exchange, perhaps you might see your way to making some purchases for your guards in Swordsware, or some such trifling thing.

Ambassadorial Guard to Sausage Guild (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well...with anyone else I would have a definitive answer for you, but with this one I am afraid I do not. He has avoided contact with us for the most part, and reacted with violence when we attempted to confront him. What little we know we have gleaned from the few spies who managed to tail him for longer than ten minutes. Because of his aggressive responses to such efforts, among other things, we have, until you asked about him, made it a point not to go looking for the Andouir.

House Laurier to Sausage Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Very good.

OOC: You had two messages to Laurier in your post: I think the second was meant for House Wallen.

In answer to your question, yes, it will gain WEL, but at a reduced rate as it expands, since the people who would be willing to pay for it were probably already walking to use it.

puppyavenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Now that you have the basic infrastructure up, 3 WEL per neighborhood. However, I should (again) point out that you don't have any devices that actually run on electricity, so the impact of the wiring will be dubious at best (except for defensive purposes). Such devices don't exist anywhere in the world, to the best of your knowledge, meaning that you would have to go around inventing things like lightbulbs and electric engines, which could take a while.

In other words: you might want to think of more eclectic uses for your trapped lightning than simply powering machinery.

Militia of Order and Justice to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Absolutely. From what we have heard, the decaying enchantments are already running wild in the Palace, and must be brought to heel. We would be well pleased to assist in this matter, though I must warn you that our military forces may be moving elsewhere.

As for your city watch proposal, we would be just as happy to assist with it, though I am not sure that we have enough militia men and women to orchestrate such an operation.

Eldan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

No one has the UAL's stats yet because of the contested nature of the Underdocks. Once that is sorted out (which it seems to have been, but I'll wait until EoT to make any real judgements on the matter) then I'll split up the Union's resources by what areas of the neighborhood each faction controls.

Also, everyone can read the UAL's messages anyway, so I don't see what difference that would make.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would love to. I will buy further equipment from you when I have the money to do so (I have been very active in the reconstruction of Dogma; the sort of thing that tends to hurt in the coffers).

We will offer you a place in the Market we will open there, however.

Would you like that idea?

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Blackfist (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Constantine walked into the bar and found his way to the cellar, entering slowly. "I believe I have a meeting here?"

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

To House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Either Lodstrom or Gleamers, it makes little difference which one.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    What about to just wiring through in order to reach a farther 'hood? and I assume Mor will work as well?

And at the moment I mostly looking to use it for provide light and heat without causing explosions and fires. Is that plausible at least?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Militia of Order & Justice [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Ah, excellent. Your Mages would be more appropriate for the operation anyway. I realize there are forces moving to reclaim the Daisong Palace, with which we should cooperate, but our first priority should be removing its threat.''

''And your militiamen are fighting somewhere? If you could tell me where, I could send doctors and supplies, to minimize loss of life among soldiers and civilians caught in crossfire.''

Council [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m puzzled by the secrecy as well, but hopefully King James will explain the situation.''

Exchange [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m interested, if you could provide me a loan between 2-6 WEL.''

Mercantile Guild – will send a message later.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I do not see the cause for alarm. I am discussing a possible government this city could form, with several factions whose opinions I would hear at this venture. I have kept the numbers small, and the discussion private to facilitate faster communication, and avoid the counter-productive influence of factions such as the Blackfist."

"Speaking of which, EBSA, you're invited to the meeting. I would hear what you have to say about a proper judiciary system."

To the Government Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I support the formation of all three houses, and agree to disallow the veto in cases of super-majority."

"We have heard from some of the nobility and SGA. What of the United Alliance of Labour, House Laurier and the Exchange?"

To Zemalac (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Might I have a response from the UAL, House Laurier and the Exchange at the meeting?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-24 at 08:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1303

The Church of Neposh

to the Militia Order of Justice (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are glad we came to an agreement, but there is one last thing we must do. As you stated before, there are many fanatics in our church that will have a hard time accepting law from an outside group. To put a stop to the problem before it happens, we will need to have a coronation cerimony where our leadership will formally recognize you as the law.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Mercantile Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Our SGA Hall is taken up…]

''Would you be interested in becoming patrons of the Art? I’m financing an opera that will play in the soon to be opened Opera House. If you could help finance it, I’m certain it will improve your reputation.''

''I was also wondering, if you would be able to get me in touch with Sakel-Doge and his court. As I’ve heard he keeps a number of talented artists, who may find a place in creation of the opera.''

Zelmac/Mercantile [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

What exactly do I/Mercantile Guild know about Sakel-Doge and artists at his court? I’d like to know enough to be able to send a message to him.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

15. - Top - End - #1305

Blackfist, Ram and others (you know who) [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    An old, slighty overweight woman with grey hair in a bun leads Constantine down a set of stairs into a cellar with a table and four chairs in it, wordlessly chewing on a pipe. She sits down in one and lights it, then says.
    "Well, then. We wait for two hours, but let us start with introductions. The Littlefinger, that is me."

Blackfist to the Technists [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    How are the various projects we were talking about coming along?

Blackfist to the Wren ü8]

Spoiler
    Show
    The Sparrow and the Crow want to talk about why Eagle nesting with the Pufins and the Albatross. Maybe the King and the Nutcracker should add their voice to that song.

Blackfist to the Wardens [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are people talking again, about a certain counterweight to the council, and especially the King who is all to ready to abandon democracy for his own decisions if it suits him. Would you be interested in talking?

Blackfist to the Gear's Chosen [8]

Spoiler
    Show
    We hear you have been studying Downline. Do you think the project we talk about will be possible?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-10-24 at 04:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To the Blackfist [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am afraid I have obligations. A friend of mine may be able to attend your discussion though.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

To Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if you can guarantee the security of our researchers we'd be happy to send some down. Depending on how the budget works out we may need to allocate more in order to finish the wiring for Tippest in a timely fashion, we I assume you consider a greater priority?

also, I am one of the "you know who"?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #1308

Blackfist to the Chosen [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We certainly can guarantee safety. We'll also put some men on it. Apart from that, no, the you-know-who's all got a special message. Though we can talk later, if necessary.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

To Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, we'll set whatever mages we can gather to some initial research, work in earnest on the Incarnation will hopefully start next month.

For the moment our political position largely aligns with that of the Ram, for what it's worth.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9)

Blackfists and others (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Constantine appears impressed as the woman gives her title. "So, finally officially meeting a member of the hand. I am Constantine Richter, "The Ram", leader of the Democratic Party of Sav Altulas, popular known as the Ram Revolution, for obvious reasons."

The Council
    Spoiler
    Show

So James is, and I quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"discussing a possible government this city could form
    and is purposefulness NOT consulting with all members of the CURRENT government of the city, as voted upon by an open meeting of it's people, but invited, again I quote
    several factions whose opinions I would hear at this venture.
    Last I checked, getting together with a group of your friends with the intent of changing the government, without the consent of the government, is how people plan coups, rebellions, and other plots that throw a city into chaos. Can we really call ourselves a government and allow such treasonous planning to go on right under our noses?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-10-24 at 06:18 PM.

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the Blackfist, Ram [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another man joins the meeting. Tall, strong, and dressed in a styles of a warlord, he introduces himself as Simeon Lonecutter. "I am here to represent the Wren, as I am sworn to his service. " He nods politely to both of the others present.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-10-24 at 06:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Constantine, I've invited every council member except yourself to the meeting. You've demonstrated your unwillingness to compromise, so you are useless to the discussion."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-24 at 06:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. i have recieved word from my contacts out in the Shattered-lands that we should be expecting mobs of newcomers into the city thanks to everything we have going for us such as healthcare and trade.

i would like to invite you to help me handle these foreign "refugees" and open up some offices within the drydock and caravansei neighborhoods of the stocks. i can of course provide you with the funds needed to construct the offices and purchase the necessary commodities for your people.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Council
    Spoiler
    Show

unwillingness to compromise? Says the man who refuses to give up his "right" to order around the populace? Why do I feel that your plotting to return to a rule nearly as oppressive as that of the Sorceress? You have invited no real representative of the people, only those who use and abuse them - Kings, nobles, gang leaders, and union leaders who are little better than the gang leaders I just mentioned. I fear whatever poor excuse for a government that you and your cronies attempt to form.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #1315

House Laurier to House Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"That would be lovely."

puppyavenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Heat is easy. Light is more difficult, as you don't have light bulbs. The easiest solution that I can think of is balls of glass that you just run constant bolts of lightning through, which would be kickass (also obscenely dangerous, but that is a side-effect of all good progress).

Militia of Order and Justice to Doctor Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are hoping to move against the Empty Blood Gang this month, in response for their burning of our messenger some months back. Justice has been delayed long enough; now that we have straightened out the situation in Lead Ferrow to our satisfaction, it is time to instruct these fools in the nature of Law.

The Exchange to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am afraid that may not be possible this month, as we are already supplying rather large sums to several other clients. If you would be willing to wait until February, however, we might be more able to oblige you.

Militia of Order and Justice to Church of Neposh (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, I see no problem with such a thing. We must respect the revered traditions.

OOC: You canny mother****er, I see where this is going. Well played.

UAL to Mercantile's Guild (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, if you's gonna be usin' Union labor, which ya really should be, if ya know what I'm sayin', den it would only make sense to have an office or two thrown up over in Stacks. Dunno about da 'gees you's expecting--I didna think we got so many of those in da winter--but whatever da reason you got for wantin' ta Unionize your Stacks boys, why, I ain't about ta complain.

??? to Ram Revolution (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Constantine Richter:

E'm a frend, who weell remaen en the shadows for now, for reesons that weell be paenfully evedent when you fenesh thees letter.

Et well not be a secret that E heve eccess to senseteve enformateon, and as a proof E send you thes:

(What follows es a concese resume of the Keng's Government talks).
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The Ram can look at the Government Talks PM messages.

Check thes weth your sources ef you leeke, Et's complete and true.

Et es evedent to everyone that you have been betrayed, and the consequences of thes are evedent. E have been betrayed too. E well help you ef you allow me to.

The Redfist.

This is followed by a request to send a response, and a proposal to prepare a secret meeting (By private message) next turn in a secure location.

Responses at Champions' Meeting (SGA PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Exchange: Both proposals seem reasonable. I would like to make a further request, however, that the Mint itself not be taxed, as it could be considered the fundamental underpinning of the city's money supply. Our moneychanging and lending operations would of course be treated normally, but it is my firm belief that the Mint is a different matter entirely.

House Laurier: I am not entirely sure that I like these pretensions at democracy, not after seeing such systems collapse into corruption and trade wars in the Merchant's Water. It is my opinion that there should be some means of setting aside such foolishness if it becomes necessary--if the city needs a strong leader to quickly mobilize to defend against an invasion, for example.

UAL: Hell, I'm jus' happy ta be here, yer kinglyness. Don't mind me. While I'm speakin', though, I do got one lil' question--are dose little things on da walls in da main hall real silver? Because dey are damn fine, let me tell you.

Champions (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I should probably note here that you inviting the UAL to the meeting has kind of irritated some of the higher-class factions, especially the old blood nobility, who are only mollified by the fact that the ESGE is there as well. This is because of the UAL's Dirty Dealings trait.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Barbarian in the Playground

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers

The Provisional Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    May I inquire as to what was the result of the vote on my introduction as a member of the council? I seem to have missed that in the transcripts due to how busy I have been.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that sounds like about the power grid the City deserves

So how much to install that in a hood? And again how much to run wires through a 'hood to reach a father one?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

EBSA/Council
    Spoiler
    Show

The vote was in favor of your joining the council. I apologize for your lack of notice of this. Please feel free to participate in council talks and votes.

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #1319

The Church of Neposh

To Militia Order of Justice (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would also invite your military into Annosses to help in the irradication of the Empty Blood Gang. We will have mages in the area to help any of your wounded soldiers or any civilians who get caught in the fighting.

OOC: I've never been happier to be called a Mother****er. We can end the rest in the EOT, since both our characters are already out of action due to the PM.

30. - Top - End - #1320

Blackfist Brotherhood Meeting [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, let's get to business, shall we?"
    The Littlefinger puffs on her pipe, then sighs.
    "The King. Now, if I may say so: our three groups have some very different ideas. Centralized democracy versus anarchy or whatever the Wren stands for. But in the end, we share more in common with each other than we do with nobles or merchants. We are all rebels, by the people, for the people. We want the best for them, even if we disagree on what that is.
    We of the Blackfist believe that James and whatever new government he is forming do not support those ideals. Already, he has several times overruled council decisions by himself, demanding taxes and alienating his own allies. Without even talking about any kind of heredetary right to rule, we believe he is simply not fit to do the job."