New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Bookbinder's Guild: Lord Pontiss' Tour [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Pontiss looked over the rows of printing presses churning away. "If I may ask, how does the Standard get it's stories?" He asked the guide, still unsure of the guide's name, but not wanting the awkwardness involved in asking.

Lord Jove to Blackjack Boys (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I like not the idea of Mages Ubiquitous infiltrating the city. Perhaps my funding is just what you need to get them to stay out for good. This would provide me with greater peace of mind, certainly, and just knowing you are there to keep them at bay is a balm to this fear.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-07-26 at 07:09 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

To Zelmac/Lord Wallen Only
    Spoiler
    Show

Unless I’m mistaken Lord Wallen is talking about establishing democratic government in the city. I’ve checked world’s fluff and on a brief inspection it appears there are only Empires/Kingdoms and esoteric cults/magic orders. Does the idea of democracy exist? Are there any democratic states?

Dr. Vassari frowned at Sausage Guild response. All Guilds were secretive by their nature. The secrets of their trade was half of their power. But why would they be concerned about this? He wrote his letter:

To Sausage Guild [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I'm confident in my findings. My work to counteract the contamination will require me to collect samples from your wells. I await your permission to collect it.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #183

NinjaGuy

To Zelmac/Lord Wallen Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'd go for a british-like constitutional monarchy/aristocracy.
    I'd figured that would sound like "democracy" to noble folk.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Henry Wallen to Louis Orthax (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I understand, Milord. We are arguing for democracy because we see it as the only viable way to actually get the city to move.
    But we don't intend to lose power, no.
    We'll have to share some with the lesser folk, but not anything they don't already have. It's this, or we'll be knees deep in anarchists and whatnot next winter.
    If anything, we'll gain power, by getting the masses to follow us.

Who is better than nobles? who can make better speeches?

By adapting to this we can gain more than fighting it. That is what we think.

Would you agree on us buying a huose in the neighbourhood? You would get the Party invitation first hour in he morning.
    We would send invitations to the friends you think would be best."

Lord Henry Wallen to Isabella Erhest Beteoui III [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course, thanks."
    Henry puts a little sugar on the tea.
    "Mylady, I know they are going to use me. I care not, as long as I can make something out of this town.

We have to make some changes, and I expect that political maneuvering and conspiracies are going to be a part of that for a long time.

We'll buy the house then, and send an invitation to be a member.
    You should go for the Dai Neighbourhood Council presidency. It would be healthy to see a woman in that charge.
    We'll send invitations to any friends you want."

Lord Henry to Dwimmercant families [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A fine day indeed, as long as you are not against sharing."
    Lord Henry smiled.
    "I'll buy a house to make it our base and send you fine gentlemen invitations. How would you feel about a final proposal?
    I want to unify all party intelligence services. Since you are the families who seems to have the most of that, I wanted to ask you what would be the best way to do that."

To Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    My friends, I'm sorry about your messenger. I must say that with all the troubles lately, I never got around to write to you again.

I am fine with that arrangement, as long as we are allowed to open Party Houses in the neighbourhoods you support, to atract the nobles and respectable families.
    You are not active politically, are you?

Lord Henry Wallen.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-07-27 at 06:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

Conversation with Margaret Hearthfeather (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

With only 1 MIL and no WEL at your disposal, all we can offer right now is refuge. Your family and Men may retreat into the Pews with the rest of the faithful and if Neposh wills it, you will return to Heartsblood one day to reclaim your district.

Message to Ram Revolution (Desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We know things in the city can change rapidly. Are you still planning on sending men to Orn Totre?

Merchantiles Guild (Desp 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will trade you for your weapons. Thank you for your business

5. - Top - End - #185

Bookbiner's Guild: Lord Pontiss' Tour (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"From the street, milord!" The guide's speech seems practiced. "The very soul of this fine city speaks to our writers, the voice of the people begging to be heard through the pages of our broadsheet!"

Blackjack Boys to Lord Jove (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

That'd be lovely, milord. Thank you kindly for the assistance.

To Thelonius, Ragnar Lodbroke (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Democracy does exist, having sprung up in the Merchant's Water a couple times, but it usually falls apart. The world is still at the "Democracy=mob rule/tyranny of the majority" stage of political thinking. To most political philosophers, it's a dirty word.

Louis Orthax to Henry Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, I don't like it, but if you're promising to keep the damn anarchists down then I suppose it'll have to do."

Isabella Erhest Beteoui III to Henry Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Isabella sips her tea and makes a face at the discovery that it's still too hot. Her expression when she replies to Lord Wallen is one of delight, however.

"Why, Henry, what a splendid idea!" she says.

Dwimmercant to Lord Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Families looked at each other.

"We don't really have an "intelligence service," per se," said one finally. "We just know people. Everywhere. I suppose we could drop what they tell us in your lap, but...what have you done for us lately?"

Margaret Hearthfeather to Church of Neposh (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't like it, but it seems it may very well come to that.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #186

House Laurier - Militia of Order and Justice [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, I thank you for helping to clean up one of our neighborhoods here in Lomb Circle. House Laurier is interested in setting up shop in that particular neighborhood, but we wanted to work out the details with you first to make sure we won't be conflicted. Our interests lie here in Lomb Circle, including that neighborhood, so I hope you'll understand.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

7. - Top - End - #187

NinjaGuy

Henry Wallen to Louis Orthax (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly my thoughts, sir. The anarchists should be our main concern.

I'll send you the invitation, hope you will attend the meeting.
    And please tell me who else should come. It would be great fo the neighbourhood to have a lot of party representatives.

Lord Henry Wallen to Isabella Erhest Beteoui III [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madame, your tea is marvelous, I must say.

I will wait for you in the first party meeting. Be sure to end me a list of potential guests!
    Not too many; I'm sure Lord Orthax wll have some ideas, and the Dwimmercant are numerous.

Lord Henry to Dwimmercant families [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good point. For now, I'm opening the door of the Big Game for you. True, you enter a team, but you will pass to have a different importance alltogether.

We can discuss those ideas later; for now I must go make preparations.

I will wait for you in the meeting, my Lords. you are free to bring more potential members, should you desire it.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Houses from Dai are not exactly small, are they? They COULD be considered Big nobility?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

church of neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    how many weapons are you looking to buy? i can put my hands on [5] MIL worth on such short notice

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild

To Dr. Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well we agree. What sort of contamination have you found?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO: Church of Neposh (D ESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

1 MIL of men will be under you control in Orn Totre. They will have orders to not engage any troops of forces that are currently friendly with the Revolution however. We will help you clear the streets, but if you encounter the EBSA, that will be your own fight.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #191

Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 6

To House Wallen:
    Spoiler
    Show

"I don't think that would be a problem, but just to be sure, could you elaborate on these "Party Houses?"

As for active politically... again, if you could explain? The Court has interest in expanding its land and prestige... but I guess we're not actively looking at any offices or positions that would be considered "political."

To Underwood Family:
    Spoiler
    Show

Apologies, but surely you can understand how your disputes could be mistaken as animosity.

Though, given you've mentioned them, could you elaborate on these "Games?"

To Dappled Court:
    Spoiler
    Show

*This man is insane* the messenger thought, but he quickly began taking notes when he heard actual good ideas in the elf-man's rambling.

As the man winded down, the messenger said his goodbyes, realizing there was no use in talking to these people if he wanted to learn anything worthwhile. Before he left, however, he decided to ask around and see if he could find out anything about this "Vintish Guard" that supposedly patrolled the streets, but he had never seen.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Church of Neposh

To Merchintiles guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Only 1 right now. The rest of our income is being spent in other areas.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild To the Mechentiles Guild(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We aren't planing on violence, so we aren't planing on researching Blackpowder soon. Hopefully, we'll never have to make the stuff. But we can look into it.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

14. - Top - End - #194

NinjaGuy

To Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    We meant "Political" as "Taking contol of the city government".

Party Houses would be of use to atract any persons that could be interested in being a member of the party.

I think we should end expanding (You in your sector and me in mine) before discussing that kind of exchange.

To EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    CONFIRM: do I have permission to deploy the aforementioned troops or not?
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-07-27 at 10:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

There has been a last minute change of plans, as Lord Gantris was called away on family matters, so Lord StigBalathad will be attending.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

16. - Top - End - #196

Turn 2 Results
    August, 1032 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    Your Only Reliable News Source

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

What follows is the month's contents of the Standard, summarized in reports on your desk, with occasional excerpts included for context.

Doctor Vassari announces the opening of the Wallen Wing of Bloodhaven Hospital, made possible by generous donations from House Wallen and the Mercantile's Guild. The opening ceremony is marred, however, when several bodies are discovered underneath the stage the Doctor is delivering his speech from, arteries slashed and blood strewn about.

Mercantile's Guild troops move into Stockyards Deep after the Drover's Associations there begin fighting in the streets. The bloody fighting that followed all but destroyed the Drovers, leaving the Guild in charge of the neighborhood.

The remains of the Milanus Protective Association have vanished, leaving the Gatekeeper's Guard in control of Gateway Milanus. Rumor has it that the Guard is reporting directly to the Wardens these days.

Enormous Warden assault on White Market is only halted when Wyat Embler orders the use of weapons specifically banned in the city by both the old government and his masters in distant Veras. Warden troops regroup at a reasonable distance from Embler's safehouse as mortar shells begin to fall on the rest of the neighborhood.

Massive riots erupt on Deadman Hill in Runner's City, centered on the infamous Gatehouse Prison. Warden Exarn gives the order to deploy riot mages to the streets, wizards who use their control over the water pipes beneath the streets of the neighborhood to hose down the rioters, but they are swiftly countered by Blackfist sorcerers hidden in the crowds. In short order, all of the warden’s prized riot mages are dead, either in magical combat or by assassination. Little is known of what happened next. What is obvious is that Warden Exarn's forces retreated to Gatehouse Prison, blowing the bridge over the moat behind them, but were then attacked from inside by rioting prisoners. Eventually, the last of the wardens and guards broke through the mob of rioters and anarchists and fled the neighborhood. They joined up with the guards at the Harrowing Fields and made a stand there, finally holding back the Blackfist insurgents at the gate to the arena. The gates of the most infamous prison in the Shattered Lands now stand open, with the Blackfist flag hung over the makeshift bridge laid across the moat.

The Order of the Wren has raised an army in Lack's Own and stormed the Sanctuary of the Deranged, bringing an end to that vile cult.

Excerpt from the Standard

Lower City Death Cult Brought to Justice!
    Spoiler
    Show

It is hard to convince the locals of Lack’s Own to move against the Blessed Mad—the madmen’s reign of terror has been too complete for too long. The voice of the Wren is persuasive, however, and he is able to convince them that they might have a chance. Indeed, he tells them, this might very well be their only chance. Wagons roll into Lack’s Own from the Tragic Court, carrying weapons to arm the people against those who have preyed on them for so long. Soon an army is raised in the streets, led by an elusive figure in a tattered cloak.

The Sanctuary is hard to find. None of the Blessed Mad will reveal its location; despite all of them having been there many times before, it may very well be possible that none of them actually know where it is. Their minds have decayed past the point of reason, and no amount of interrogation will lead them to betray their god of madness. Fortunately, the Order’s spies are clever. The Blessed Mad always seem to know when they are being followed, but they also tend to evade their pursuers within the same couple of blocks, which gives some sense of where they are going. A quick perusal of city records shows a vast space under the streets in that particular area, a church that fell through the ground during the long-ago Godsfear Quake.

The Order and their local allies storm the Sanctuary. They take the Blessed Mad by surprise, but the madmen are not people who expect logic to reign in their lives, so the advantage is short-lived. The locals are fearful, their bravery when they agreed to this mission evaporating now that they find themselves in the very heart of horror. Some of them recognize people they know among the bodies that decorate the Sanctuary; others, worse, recognize some among the still-living playthings of the cult; and, worst of all, some see familiar faces behind the gleaming knives of the mad, twisted into almost unrecognizability by insane grins.

The fight in the Sanctuary is brutal beyond belief. The Mad throw themselves at the Order with reckless disregard for their own safety, attacking with knives, rusty swords, nets, spears, or their bare hands. Room by room the battle is fought, with an ambush in each of them. Here, a madman drops from the ceiling and dies as he tears into a local man who, bare hours ago, was handed a sword and told the Order would help avenge his daughter. In the next room, acid seeps through the floor as a cultist douses himself and three Order soldiers with violent green toxins. A corridor later, in a room carpeted with decaying bodies, the Blessed Mad rise up from where they were lying with the dead and take the intruders by surprise, knives flashing in the dark.

One by one the madmen die, and by the time morning comes all that is left is the blood and the fire. The Sanctuary is no more. Once the fighting stopped, the last members of the Blessed Mad running off into the dark, the locals gathered their dead and torched the pit that they had fought in. The street sags there now, where the support pillars have burned through, a monument to the cult that once terrorized the people of Lack’s Own.

The artificers of the Foundry in Little Veras have joined the Technists Guild wholeheartedly.

The Vilenus Tong has been driven out of Resseville by the Champions of Sovereignty, led by King James I. Reports of the ice elf Tong freezing civilians into human walls to block off Champions advances have been confirmed by multiple sources.

The Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers has cleared most of the bears off one of the major islands in Brecombe Lake.

The Sausage Guild has publically returned the contents of the vaults they seized last month to the Exchange.

The Exchange has begun constructing vaults at the tops of towers.

House Laurier now has full control over the Pond neighborhood. It is rumored that they have developed contacts with local merchants from the city-states of the Merchants Water.

Merchant's Water Comes to Lomb Circle
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bright, sun-kissed waters of the Boundless Isles have marked the man running this shop like the touch of some strange and foreign god, his deeply tanned skin and sharp dark eyes making him stand out from any crowd in this northern Shattered Lands city. The shelves of his store are crowded with the eclectic array of merchandise that marks the true Waterman merchant-prince, from Tybish spices to Arypsian wines, from Buronian silver to Lomaran knives. There are maps tacked to the wall behind the counter, covered in lines drawn in different colored inks, proudly showing the many trade routes that brought these goods to this place. Stacks of wooden crates can be seen through the door behind the Waterman, the seals of far-off trading companies stamped on them like brands on cattle—Darrigan East Exports, Kempthorne, Far Isles, Kerriglass Messenger and Delivery, and many more.

“Hello there,” says the man behind the counter, smiling an easy merchant’s smile. “What can I do for you today?”

Waterman Contact discovered in the Pond neighborhood.

House Laurier troops, led by Guy Laurier, have driven the Third Street Runners, Underdogs and Bloodsworn gangs out of Tremorous, and have begun rebuilding the neighborhood to its pre-earthquake glory.

House Orthax, House Beteoui and the various Dwimmercant Families have joined the Party led by Lord Henry Wallen, with the construction of a Party House in Dai being funded by House Wallen.

Much of Southside Black in the Blacksgage district is on fire or otherwise destroyed in the aftermath of a major magical battle between the Librarian of the Elements and Silas Mok, who was finally killed by the Librarian's summoned creatures.

It is rumored that a large number of University Guard, ordered by the Librarian to hunt down the source of some particularly nasty rumors, went missing in Scholar's Compass on the night of the full moon.

The Millford Standing Guard is now funded almost completely by members of the Silversmith's Guild who have set up shop in the neighborhood.

The Hearthfeather Family has fled to Pews, where it is said they have converted to the Church of Neposh in exchange for protection against the Wrekan Family. Heartsblood is now under the control of the Wrekans, with support from the EBSA.

Public speakers from the Ram Revolution are hailed as visionaries in Imperial Third, less so in Pits.

The Ram Revolution has started a small bank in Rot's Borough, with hopes to expand its operations.

The Goblin Games in Hobbespot turn bloody as the armies of goblins being made to fight in the arena to settle a dispute between the Underwood and Silviat families turn on their masters. It is only the guards brought by Marcus Heladuit to guard a sales presentation he was delivering to the assembled Family members that prevented the goblins from overrunning the arena. This has left the Heladuit Court in command of the Games--and he who commands the Games commands Hobbespot.

The Heartspear Secret Police have been driven out of Orn Totre by the Fists of Neposh, with help from the Ram's Republican Army. The Police did not try to surrender, but rather fought to the last man. Later on it is rumored that the upper ranks of the Heartspears survived, and are hiding elsewhere in the city. All that is known for sure is that the leader of the secret police, the one called the Thousand Voices, is not among the dead.

The streets of Fractures have returned to some semblance of normalcy, even as soldiers from the Militia of Order and Justice fight demons beneath the earth.

A large force from the Militia of Order and Justice is pushing out the gangs in the Mains, hoping to make the area safer for ordinary citizens.

Two hand presses being delivered to customers by the Technists Guild were ambushed and destroyed en route by thugs hoping to collect on bounties posted by the Bookbinder's Guild.

The Peacocks who run the Painted Court are muscling in on the opium dens of the Everdie, Macetile and Dumdros gangs.

The various gangs and witches of Old Jack's Run have come to a tenuous truce.

Labor unrest increases in the Smokeyards district.

The Blackjack Boys have been seen patrolling Redress Street with new and complicated magitech weapons.

Someone has been feeding the Sav Altulas Standard slanderous stories about the EBSA. However, the effect of these stories is counteracted somewhat by the propaganda that the EBSA has commissioned from the Bookbinder's Guild, showing the organization in a positive light. The net result is that the slander negates the propaganda, and vice versa.

EBSA Staff Consume Flesh of Children in Ritual Murder-Bestiality Pact!
    Spoiler
    Show

Full story on page 3.

Paid Advertisement:

In times of trouble, who brings you healing when you cannot afford a doctor? Who keeps your streets safe and your family fed? Who keeps this city running, day and night, through fire and flood? Who has seen to it that Sav Altulas is regarded as the lone, shining jewel in these Shattered Lands?

For a hundred years, the EBSA has striven to support the citizens of this great city. No matter the trouble, know that we will always be there to help.

The Gear's Chosen, after an exhaustive analysis of the copy of the Liber Technologica given to them by the Technists Guild, have announced that it is heresy and publicly burned it. They have followed up the book-burning by declaring holy war on the Technists Guild. How they hope to accomplish this from the other side of the city is anyone's guess.

Mail and Behind-The-Scenes

Imperial Trade Ministry to Mercantile's Guild (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

If we thought that money could rid the Shattered Lands of bandits, we would have gladly paid that price many times before. However, with the Wardens off their usual caravan routes and instead occupied in the city, we suppose we should start looking into other means of protecting our traders.

We are willing to offer you a loan of [10 t.WEL], but be warned that we will expect swift results and repayment. Failure in either of these matters will result in action by the Imperial Chancery.

Regards,

Minister Moth
    Imperial Ministry of Trade and Commerce

Lucas Deplorian to Wyat Embler (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Embler,

I have received reports of your recent actions in response to intrusions into territory you deem to be under your control. While I understand that your handling of the situation has been the best it could be under the circumstances, I cannot help but feel that you have allowed events to escalate beyond your ability to control them. This (if I may quote your last letter) "barbarian invasion force" was stirred to action when your men ambushed them as they were attempting to travel through the neighborhood two months ago. You believed that they were a threat to your operation and had them eliminated, as is your prerogative, but in doing so you must have expected the retribution that would result. Your failure to do so does not reflect well on your management of my operations in the city.

As such, I hereby inform you that Mr. Nielson has been dispatched to Sav Altulas. He will arrive in one month's time, at which point you will be relieved of command pending a full review of your actions. Until that time you are retroactively granted permission to use the heavy weapons that we had sent you for sale to Cord Witchbrother, with the exception of the Ember n152 Prototype, the Demonmouth guns and the third-generation mutagens. In addition, I feel I must warn you that Mr. Neilson has orders to execute you without trial if he discovers that you have so much as touched the unmarked black box that was meant for sale to the Lord Protector of the Protectorate of the Blood. We understand that some shipments have been disrupted due to the situation you have found yourself in, but there is no excuse for halting delivery to such a highly valued customer.

Regards,

Lucas Deplorian

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Skeeve Redeye: Poisoner, serial killer, alchemist, dollmaker and rumored demon.
    2 from Agia Lonecutter, 5 from Illarym Empire (up 1 from last month)

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 3 Begins
    September, 1032 DR
    EoTs due Saturday
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Imperial Chancery
    Spoiler
    Show

We have come into possession of quite a few Verdan weaponry and gadgets. They're very effective when used against us, so we would be glad to put them to use ourselves if only we knew how they worked. If you have any specialists to that effect, we would be grateful for assistance. Alternatively, we could send them to you if you were to provide a powerful enough escort to stop any further banditry, and hopefully compensate us for our losses somewhat.

((EDIT: Also, we're adding the intercepted message from the Verdan boss to Embler that's in the above message, asking if the Chancery wants us to try and do something about those weapons mentioned.))

Wardens to Wayt Embler
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll allow you and your men to depart Spicer's Circle along with your remaining weaponry and items if you will trouble us no further. This is the only chance we will be giving you - please give it due consideration and avoid wasting more lifes.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-07-30 at 06:00 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

From a distance, it is difficult to tell if it is a party in the streets, or a riot. Perhaps it is both. There are fires. There is shouting. There is singing. And apparently, there is also drinking. Black flags are waved above the crowd, and the Blackfist is celebrating.
    The prison is gone. A few desks are thrown out of the prison offices, some files are set on fire. A wall or two are blown up. But in a joyful manner.
    Of course, this is no reason to not use this for a little propaganda. Flyers are handed out with every drink, and propagandists spontaneously jump up on barrels and tables and low walls with their speaking tubes, shouting slogans and impromptu speeches on the virtues of overthrowing Tyranny and The Man.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-07-30 at 06:03 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

TO Technists Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show

Next time we order something from you, remind us to send our own escort. If you have the materials and the time to build another, I'd be willing to provide an escort this time.

TO Church of Neposh:
    Spoiler
    Show

Congratulations on the victory in Orn Totre. I trust I can call upon you when I need a similar assistance?

TO The various Legion Gangs:
    Spoiler
    Show

-One message is sent to each of the various gangs, as well as any other people who can be considered leaders of the community.-

I have noticed the recent surge in Democratic feelings among your people. As is obvious, I plan to bring democracy to this city, one neighborhood at a time. However, I abhor violence, as do all sane men I think. So I would ask that you and your people join us willingly. This would not be a ruler/subject relationship, but one of partners. The Imperial Third would have a full vote in any matters in the Revolution, and I can assure that the Legion wing of our army would quickly become an elite unit. Each of the current Legions could become companies in the larger Legion wing of the army, there would be no reason for rivals to have to become friends, save when it comes to the enemies of our mutual cause. Your people would be guaranteed the same rights as all others, free to use our new bank, or any other of the popular reforms I am working on implementing. I feel that this would be of mutual benefit to us. Please let me know your answer as soon as possible.
    -The Ram
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-07-30 at 06:14 PM.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologize on the Hand presses. We have a Idea for how to get them over the thugs, but we'll send them with a escort soon. And once again, we would like to apologize for the inconvince.

To the Bookbinders guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be intrested in buying our Hand presses?

To the Mercintiles guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have reconcidered your proposal. We'll devote some work on it.

To the UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be intrested in buying some printing presses?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Drovers [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is clear to me, that the mercantile guild are entirely responsible for the chaos that has occurred in Stockyards deep. Both the sudden turn to violence by the drovers, and immediate response of the guild makes this apparent."

"I would like to offer you my organisations full military protection, which I will make public so the Mercantile Guild does not attempt the same in Stockyards North."

- King James I

22. - Top - End - #202

Blackfist Brotherhood [6]

To the Legions of Imperial Third
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hail, Brothers! Why squabble amongst each other, when there are richer pickings so close? How about a good dose of "social justice" for those who think they are better than you? The Brotherhood calls for you.

The Artists of Dozen Dancers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Art is free. Shouldn't the men of Sav Altulas also be free? The Brotherhood thinks so. Why should we suffer under rules and regulations, when we could, instead, live our lives in freedom and peace? Is that not worth fighting for?
    Raise the Torch, Brothers!

The Wool Street Gang of the Dozen Dancers and the Empty Blood Gang of Annosus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raise a Torch, Brothers! The true revolution is coming! Why live on the meagre pickings of your own brothers, when you could burn the riches out of their palaces?

The Wardens in Harrowing Fields
    Spoiler
    Show
    We give you one chance, and one chance only: give up the Arena, and you may go home to your families, to live a peaceful life, or into excile, which ever suits you.
    We will see this arena ended, one way or another. There will be no more bloodsport in the city.
    Your choice is simple. Will this end with your blood as the last to soak into the arena sands, or will you go home?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To House Laurier [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is good to see you restoring order to Lomb Circle so quickly. I'm grateful you put so much effort towards helping the people of my city."

"I have broken the back of the Tong. Given your interest in Lomb circle, I was wondering if you'd like to lead the assault on their final district; The Broken Arch. I'd be glad to let you govern the district when order is restored. My forces will provide support and do what we can to reduce civilian casualties."

- King James I
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-07-30 at 07:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Wardens (heh)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are unable to project force to the other side of the city to help you. But if any of you are able to make your way to Spicer's Circle, we'll take you in for your valuable experience in keeping the criminal scum of the city pacified.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #205

An official statement from the Middle Finger

"The question has been raised: what will happen with the prisoners, now that the prison has been liberated?

Fear not. The Blackfist Brotherhood will not release a horde of howling madmen on the citizens of the city they love so dearly.

We will carefully review the files. Those who are our brothers, those unjustly imprisoned by a fascist system to appease the corrupt? They will be released, as is just. The others will be given a choice. Remain in their cells, or leave the city. They have committed crimes, sometimes horrible crimes, and as such, they have no right to remain here. We will escort them out of the city and release them a day's march away from the walls."

Blackfist Brotherhood to the Other wardens (so, Murska)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you want that scum, you can have them. How about a deal? We will let the wardens go in peace, if you take them in and convince them to leave peacefully and leave the arena to us.

Because we will take that Arena. We will not see any more poor people slaughtered for the amusement of the rich.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-07-30 at 07:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the Conductor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

We in the Sausage Guild are looking to expand our vaults, and we were wondering if you would be willing to come to some form of arrangement in the matter. Also our Shapers are interested in discussing magic with you if you would be so willing.

-Urso Bloodhand

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Other Wardens and Blackfist Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

((At least 7 Esp? Nice))
    The Blackfists have agreed to let you go in peace if you do join us. Perhaps it's best to live to fight another day, as they say?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Church of Neposh

Harvey was walking through Orn Totre, there was still work to be done, but the battle was over. The secret police were mostly brought to justice. He was on his way back to the church, when a similar face walked up to meet him.

I see you did well the Voice said in a raspy voice.

And your on your way to a quick recovery. You know how much longer till we can hear your full voice again?

Neposh willing not long. We need to have a meeting about the next phase. Our scouts have brought back some.... unnerving news. It may take use a lot longer to fulfill our great crusade than previously thought.

Whatever the news was, it wasn't going to be good. The Voice was always underestimating the enemy, and if he was nervous, then there was a serious obstacle to overcome. But that was what Harvey was for. He overcame where others failed. That is why he lead the chruch of Neposh, and not the Voice.

Message to the Ram Revolution (Desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will assist you when called. Of course giving us time to respond will let us respond with more power. We thank you for your dedication to our partnership.

Message to the Order of Justice (Desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We see you are sending forces into the Mains. We had plans to move into the district, but only to surround our real goal, the Bleak Cathedral. We are willing to help you secure the Mains, if you will assist us in the coming months with securing the Bleak Cathedral

Message to one of the machine-cults of Lead Ferrow (Desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

The fighting in Lead Ferrow is causing a lot of damage to all the cults. We would be willing to lend you some military support if you would support us later.

Message to the Librarian of the Elements (Desp 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have recently ran into some very disturbing facts about parts of this city. We are hoping to use the university's library to find any history on the Bleak Cathedral. Would you be willing to help us?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild
    morale:3

to technists guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    very good. how long do you think it will take? starting next turn we can begin making small payments to you

to the wardens[both]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we understand you are having issues with the blackfist brotherhood and are considering giving up the harrowing field. i dont recomend giving it up without a fight. if they are not stopped then they will only continue to grow stronger

to the imperial trade ministry
    Spoiler
    Show
    any loan would do us good. we will of course pay you back swiftly(2-3 turns)

to the wardens[murska]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i have a proposal for you. i believe you have a large military force but not alot of funds, me i have the oppisite so i believe we could help eachother out. we can work together to restore order to this city, with you supplying the swords while i supply the wealth

to king james I
    Spoiler
    Show
    why do you seek to protect the drovers guild? with the various guilds constantly bickering and fighting with eachother, it is only right they are overthrown for the good of the people

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, we're currently in the process of using our swords to bring order. If you were to start funneling in the promised wealth, this would be a very good partnership.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show