New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

The SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We can send you the Tech, but we got our own thing with Mr. Neilson. Should be getting some stuff that betters then theirs this month. Also, we have a idea. Them cuncussor bombs? Well, they m ight be a bit unwielding, but why don't we drop 'em off Enterprise? Will admit that we won't be completly accurate, but might give us a edge. Also, it costs us 5 WEl to make enough gear to outfit other fractions, and we'll just have 3 left after upkeep and the Blackpowder IV deal. So if you can cover the other 2, we'll start sendin them over. Think he was selling the bombs for 6 WEL.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''For now, I intend to publicly accuse the Wardens of extortion, banditry and perfidy. As dangerous group of outlaws, they should be exiled from Sav Altulus.''

''While Gear’s Chosen wouldn’t be fazed by this, I believe that if this motion gathers city wide support, Champions of Sovereignty wouldn’t back the Wardens. Of course this is a gamble of how many factions in the city would decide in favour of the Wardens. But at the very least, it would allow us to determine their support.''

[OOC – I think Blackfist would be supportive, because anarchism and Exchange would follow the Sausage Guild’s lead. The rest, I don’t know. But I don’t think Wardens are especially popular around the city]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am not really worried about the gears-Chosen by themselves, i think i can easilly take them down if they really pressed the issue with me.

i can probably persuade house laurier to decide in our favor as we are on friendly terms. they may not actively engage in politics but they do own Lombs Circle and could be a big help. especially if it came to war, i understand they have been holding war-games for several months.

[i believe we can probably use our REP to help convince more of the city. the Wardens own REP is -1. might be a bit more difficult if the champions actively support the wardens though.]

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the moment we suffer from some power projection issues when it comes to striking at their own territories. On the other hand, their shipping operations are based out of the Underdocks...

To Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid it seems that our correspondence seems to have died off, which is a shame. In the interests of reopening a dialogue between us, I have an offer. Soon, hopefully by the new year, we will be able to free ourselves from a dependence on imported coal to power our industries. Obviously such an innovation will greatly increase efficiency and decrease the amount of gold and iron that must be spent dealing with the outside world. As a gesture of friendship and cooperation, we'd like to offer the same power system for your use.

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we're glad we and the Dreumont could help.

In terms of recompense we are afraid that we may already know what we must ask for in return shall be, although I certainly hope we can achieve a more friendly relationship between our groups beyond tit for tat trading of favours.

Regardless, at this point it looks like both we and the Wardens, and quite possibly the Champions of Sovereignty, will end up engaging in hostilities with the Mercantile Guild, and so depending on what resources you will have free in the new year (i.e. next turn) would like to request the aid of either the Republican Army or your spy corps for an operation.

To Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    So do we have a deal?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-09-19 at 09:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    This have anything to do with the electricity thats been seen in your part of the smokes? We aren't adverse mind you, but we would like to know how the electricity is being generated in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well the exact workings of the Incarnation are known only to the Grand Designer, to my knowledge in uses a mixture of generators, ambient energy, static and lightning rods to focus and funnel the energy from the heavens into a usable form. It has the unfortunate side effect of attracting a lightning storm every time significant amounts of extra energy are required, but that should only really be noticeable in Factories South
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    just to be on the safe side i am also considering hiring a couple companies of lathein mercenaries to perform war-games in my neighborhood. this will have the added effect of having some extra swords if the Wardens chose to attack this turn.

Technists Guildwe will be purchasing the bombs from Mr. Nielson as well as sending you the 2 WEL to pay for the weapons tech. the rest of course will be sent when the crisis is over.

[also, feel free to read any correspondence between me and murska]

to Gears-chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes, its a deal

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

To Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful, we're glad we've managed to avoid a fight over something so petty, I do hope you understand why we must take the retrieval of our library so seriously?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're intrested, but we do have something to ask. Wht do you want in return?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Two things, one largely material and diplomatic, the other more base.

First of all, it's an insurance of peace, essentially. The Grand Designer has no real quarrel with you at the moment, and economic ties such as this would help build some goodwill between this. We'd also like to organize a more official and permanent division of influence in the Smokestacks.

On the more base level; we need guns, and would like a discount.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

On the first one, lets go with Live and Let live. We can also offer you teachers seats at our school if you want.

As for the guns, it costs 5 WEL for us to make 'em. We can't make any this month, due to various expsenses and oblgations. But, we'll give you half off next month.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sure there are some Designers who would love the opportunity to try and make someone else understand them, so some teaching posts at the school would be appreciated.

Very well, in addition we'd like to ensure that you don't attempt the influence the UAL in the Underdocks, and we'd be perfectly willing to grant the same consideration to Fat Tippest.

And that would be perfectly fine. It will probably take until the end of January to extend the infrastructure required to electrify Gaspers Folly anyway.

OOC: so that would be 3 WEL?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We had planed on taking the underdocks, but with the Areoyard, we don't need the docks anymore. But, we might ask if they would at least listen to some safety concerns in their factories. That would be as far as we'd go.
    OOC; I've asked everyone that operates business/factories to listen to some workplace safety ideas. Heck, I've even asked Eldan if I could make some upgrades to make his place safer for his workers. You can ask him.

To the Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    We might not be able to move directly on the UAL, due to a understanding between the guild and the gears chosen. However, we will allow you free passage through, and we've already told them we'd be asking the UAL to listen to safety concerns. That, and we can work with those who are not a part of the UAL.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

To Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's perfectly acceptable, we're primarily using them for skilled labour, as they provide a useful way to organize and coordinate it, beyond the obvious stratigac importance of the Docks.

If I may ask one more question, what is your opinion on the Blackfist Brotherhood occupying the Northern Factories? You seem to be engaged in open hostilities with them at the moment, and we would be able to provide some extra pressure against them if you wish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 6)

TO: Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Next month (each turn is a month, by the way), with the problem in the pits hopefully finished, or close to at least least, we should have several military and espionage units we can use in your fight against the merchants. Thank you again for your service, both from me personally, and the people of The Pits you are helping to free from tyranny.

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've managed to reach a agreement. We were infiltrating the guards, so we could take down the managers, and improve the workers condtions, they planed on burning the managers. Accident that hosstillities broke out to be honest. We plan on refurbishing the area, improve the workers safety, and turn the layabouts fancy palaces into housing for those that need it.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well yeah, but it's December

That is wondrous news, we're glad we can count on your aid, if it comes to that. The Pyramid and it's support will be made available to you as soon as they return from Jacks Run

To the Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then, we'll leave you to handle its purification and restoration.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    yet another snag. the Rams Revolution has officially granted the gears their support against me [next turn]

to Gears-chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes. of course we understand why its necessary. glad we could avoid fighting for that reason. that would be a waste of resources for both of us

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Mercantile Guild

Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, once this is dealt with we'll be able to reorient our contingencies and get on with the Work of Incarnating the Divine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have a idea then. Now, while the provisionary counsil may make up the goverment, the city does still more or less awnser to some form of law. So what we do is make your fears public. You fear that the Wardens will attack you, because they beliave you are working with the warlords. So we publicly challange them to present the evidence. Because, if you ARE working with the warlords to take the city, then yes there should be consquences. However, because it mostly sounds like their a bunch of bully boys, they get proven wrong, and pay a public price for it.

We have a idea for a comprimise. They assist with guarding the bridge, or help supervise the customs office. They keep tabs on the comings and goings, and business continues as usual.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

If that is a concern, you have two alternatives logistically - either use the Council Road after passing through Ram Revolution territory or ask our good friends, the Champions of Sovereignty for right of passage.

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Trade is nowhere near the levels it was before the chaos, so saying it has prospered is like saying that a fourth of your crop grew after you planted the whole field. Regardless, security is more important than money. People such as you will never realize that this world is based on more than just direct, overt relationships such as financial exchanges or military conflict.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

Melissan Blaine, Visiting Lord Founder [PM] [No Peeking! Seriously!]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’I knew you were the one ally we could count on. You have stood against these monsters from the very beginning. I thank you for that.’’

’’Their spymaster knows the city well. I doubt there are many safe places for us.’’

’’Vasari suspects that the MU are trying to get the magic of Blacksage District. They hunger for relics and knowledge. Librarian’s library, Orn University. They had two months to plunder them. Of course it’s possible they are trying to establish permanent presence.’’

Melissa passes a note, written in a precise handwriting. ’’Doctor copied it. The original was in a bad shape. The last part was almost unintelligible.’’

I--yes. Need to protect the Library. Have not seen the books in weeks. Too much to do. He tells me. They are coming, across the ruins. He says. Protect the books. They can hide, but why should they? We have hidden for so long. So long. He says. We shall be free. We can still survive. Show them all. We are winning. His voice, so quiet. When I close my eyes I can see his now. The books. All the history of the world, and only me to protect it. No sound, but he still speaks. They must be defended. No price is too great.

He is in my head. Help me. Please, oh gods above, he is in my head
    ’’Can you make any sense of it? You know more about Sav Altulas then anybody else, after all your travels. What ’’Ruins’’ can she be speaking of?’’

’’Vasari has gathered a number of agents. He hopes to have [11-18 ESP], depending on how many of his allies come through. But… that man. He knows Vasari is planning something. He’ll be expected. These monsters levelled Dogma. They won’t hesitate to destroy the hospital. Perhaps we can close it, so at least no people would get hurt, if its attacked, though it would mean turning away the sick and wounded. But at the same time, abandoning the Blacksage people to their fate. I don’t know, if I can turn away from their suffering. And I don’t think Vasari can either. I do not wish for the innocent to be slaughtered on the battlefield, while they remain untouched.’’

’’I believe ESBA wish to protect the city. That Council summons… Vasari declined, since he must prepare to face the MU. Wren are trustworthy and they’ll aid us, once Redeye is found. Champions of Sovereignty are already fighting and King James is an honest man. MU has no allies. But they have many spies. I expect factions with [MOR 4-5] are more likely to be compromised.’’

A Letter of Accusation

People of Sav Altulas.

I hereby accuse the organization of sellswords, known as Wardens, of extortion, banditry and treason against the city of Sav Altulas.

Extortion:

The Wardens have threatened destruction against the Mercantile Guild, a legitimate organization of merchants, unless there are given control over the Traitor’s Bridge.

Banditry:

They have visited violence and murder on the common people of Pepperstoch to gain their submission.

Treason:

They work to undermine the trade and industry of Sav Altulus, ferment strife and chaos and endanger security of the city.

I propose that in accordance with these charges, the Wardens are declared outlaws and exiled from Sav Altulas, before they can do more harm.

Let the accused speak in their defence. Let the factions of the Sav Altulus speak, either for or against Wardens, so the will of the city could be known.

Signed, Dr. Morden Vasari.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

23. - Top - End - #923
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to Gear's Chosen, Technist's Guild [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    We had an ear on that discussion of yours.

Help against the UAL was part of the demanded from the Technist's Guild in exchange for leaving Fat Tippest to them. If that is off the table, the question once again becomes: what do we get out of this? Because again, we could just take Fat Tippest.

Furthermore, we certainly do not like the Gear's Chosen's tone in regards to us. Not at all. You do not want to make us your enemies.

Blackfist on the Warden's Issue:
    We certainly never liked the Wardens. They have always acted as if the entire city was theirs to police, whether it wanted to be policed or not. (Not that we like the merchants any better, mind you).
    We do, however, trust Doctor Vasari.
    Our position should be clear from those two points.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-09-20 at 06:14 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see, we can help you take the underdocks. Just like how we didn't move directly against the managers of Fat Tippest, we won't move directly against the UAL. We'll just ask them if we can set up a recruitment station, hire some guards for work else where, hand out some phamplets, change the local non UAL opinion. Because they did say that we just couldn't interfere with the UAL after all, and there are quite a few ways to subvert the area, without subverting them.

The Warden Issue

These are serious charges. Now, the thing is, when there are charges like this, we need to investigate first. Now, we request that both the mercentiles guild and the wardens give us acess to those records, so we vertify those charges. However, if the wardens belive that the Mercintiles guild is guilty of something, we should also invistigate that, to make sure that justice is done, not just justice by 'who has the biggest stick'. And for investigators, I sugesst the Blackfists, The ESBA and one other neutral group. The Reason I sugesst the blackfist is not because they're neutral, but they dislike both parties.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-09-20 at 07:35 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chruch of Neposh

Response to the Wardens Accusation

On the accusation of Extortion -

We do not believe this alone would warrent any action. A few months ago, the council extorted funds from a few non council groups in the city for the creation of a road. Since no action has been sought against the council for that action, we do not see where this accusation would lead.

On the accusations of Banditry and Treason -
    Although we think "treason" may be a bit harsh for what was written publicly, but if these accusations are true then the Wardens have a lot to answer for. I believe some of this may be distorted as there were a lot of cults in Pepperstoch, and the Treason charges are a bit vague.

As the church has no holdings outside Oldtown and have no connections to either the Wardens or Mercintile guild, we would be willing to be the thrid party in the investigations.

Message to the Evening Games Club
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to found a small church in Silvathrien. We are looking for your approval so we are not seen as intruders.

Message to Silver Blood Gentleman’s Association
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to found a small church in Silvathrien. We are looking for your approval so we are not seen as intruders.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist to the Technist's Guild [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    It sounds good, but what would the actual benefits be? The Blackfist is quite a bit better at Infiltration than the Technist's Guild. How about, as an alternate suggestion, you start by delivering some of your magnificient weapons to us? Division of Labour seems to indicate that that is what you should be doing.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Dekan's Office

Dekan O'vail was something of an old campaigner, starting at the EBSA before the Sorceress had crippled the organization so many years ago. Some days he wondered if it was all worth it, especially when it seemed that the faction's of the city seemed so hell bent on defeating their rivals that they wouldn't even notice their own home burning to the ground around.

With a dismissive snort and a heavy sigh he threw the report onto his desk, causing the file to pop open- showing the accusation from Bloodhaven in transcript form. He rubbed his temples and suddenly realized that if the city had always been like this it was no wonder the sorceress had taken over. The political thing would have been to sit on the information until the crisis was averted. Now there would have to be hearings, maybe even a damned trial- and if the Wardens decided to retaliate with force... well the EBSA simply didn't have enough men to deal with the factions AND the MU.

Council Meeting- PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greycloaked the guards watch the approaching delegates from every door and window of the Halls of Final Justice, grim faced and armed for war. Showing you credentials or announcing your names get you inside... with and escort of a squad of Greycloaks.

Through the winding ways you are brought, too quickly to memorize your path, until you are brought to a door- Black Iron and ornate, showing a god's eye view of the city, embellished heavily. The guard's protecting the doors, stop and verify the squad's intentions before turning to you "This is where your aides must stop" the man's voice is expressionless, pure efficiency "Press Secretary Anala will then see you inside the Condition Room"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven

On Wardens Issue

''The Council has merely withdrawn assistance to the Church of Neposh, when they’ve shown themselves unwilling to work with a public works project that would have benefited them as well as the city. It hasn’t threatened violence and death on the Church, as the Wardens done to the Mercantile Guild.''

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Warden Issue

Forgive us for something. We don't get out of our workshops that often, so we just noticed something. There is a vertible war going on in Blacksage. Let us focus on that for the moment. After the city is safe, we can launch investigations. However, we do ask that they give access to the records, so we can prepare for the post conflict investogation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC; Basicly, they let us read the normal and PM messages between them for the last three turns.

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    They'll take time. All our current WEL is sloted, and part of our deal with the Gear's Chosen is something that can cut our coal costs. We'll have 4.5 WEL avilable next month, so we'd need just .5 more of meterials.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Warden Response

We deny all charges and note that zero proof of any kind has been presented. May as well accuse the good Doctor himself of harbouring blue unicorns and demand him to publicize all details of his operation for the purpose of investigating that.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.